Campaign of Vussul for the Delegacy

I don’t expect to win or want to as I am pressed for time this election season. Since my last campaign was invalid, I will campaign again to reiterate and discuss my ideas:

The General

My two observations from last time remain the same: Firstly, I feel that TEP lacks enthusiasm and passion which is keeping us back; Secondly, there are many talented people in the region who are scattered across our communities or in full or semi-retirement and so are not in our government. I firmly believe that if the first issue is fixed, the second will naturally follow.

From these two observations, my entire campaign continues from.

After election, I will immediately propose to repeal of the Executive Act. The needs of the Executive should define the structure of the Executive. If the Act is rigid, it hampers Executive flexibility and so should be repealed. If the Act is loose with what it allows, it is pointless and so should be repealed. The Executive’s needs are always going to quickly fluctuate so the Act must go.

The new award system has been underused after the work that was put into it. I will hold a meeting with the Delegates of this year and award each person who contributed in a noteworthy manner the awards that are due to them.

The Chief Ministers of Foreign Affairs and World Assembly Affairs will be renamed to simple Ministers and the Chief Minister of Regional Affairs will be abolished altogether. All of the Ministries will be watched by a new position, the Chief Minister, who will act as an inspector to make sure they do their jobs and report back to the Delegate every week. They would be required to note every Ministry’s plans, progress, activity, noteworthy staffers, and anything else of use. Separately from the Chief Minister’s weekly reports, I will mandate a monthly report from each Minister covering the same. I abandon my idea of returning Inner Circles.

I will appoint a Vice Delegate who will have complete authority to make any decision during any absence I have. When I am present, they will be an advisor.

I will keep a logbook of actions made by myself or the Vice Delegate and release it at the end of my term.

RA

RA will naturally be the strongest focus. I want each Ministry to be as codependent on each other as possible. This means that each Ministry will complement the other. As one hand washes the other.

I am most familiar with the Ministry of News as I was the de facto Minister and later official Minister. My conception of EPNS is that its primary job is to inform our domestic audience about government activity. Secondly, it must project TEP abroad. In the first place, it must include articles from every branch of the government and from our RMB and Urth communities. In the second place, it must include an article from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about the direction the government is taking and the articles in general must project strength.

The Ministry of Outreach will work with the Ministry of News to source articles from the Urth and RMB communities and to get their feedback on the government in general. The Ministry of Outreach would also have licence to bring the Executive to the other communities in any way it can devise.

The Ministry of Culture has picked up some pace but is still far from adequate. It is a big task to speed up Culture but I have faith TEP can do it. In addition to festivals, such as the Luasanne one, and Hunger Games, I expect to see game side polls and, eventually, game nights. Outreach will help by involving the RMB and Urth communities in events and EPNS will highlight the successes. For Culture, I will float around the idea of a TEP census that records interesting self-submitted information about TEP’s residents, inspired by the Tome of Wyrms from the foreign news channel.

I do not believe that TEP lacks manpower. I believe that the enthusiasm had dried up so people have little drive to do anything. As such, recruitment is not a priority. I will consider reviving the Ministry of Immigration in the future but it is unlikely.

FA

My FA stance is, using the definition from Serge’s Politics Survey, determined. In practice, it would be more interventionist and would take a harder stance against regions hostile to us or our allies. This isn’t a rule I will follow but a guideline that I will abandon if there are good reasons to be softer.

I would put all treaties under review to see if they serve a meaningful purpose or need amendments or repeals. The criteria to see if the treaties serve a meaningful purpose would be:

1. Do we still have friendly relations with the region or can we mend relations with the region to where they were at the time of the treaty?
  2. Do the contents of the treaty serve a practical purpose?
  3. Are there any other reasons to repeal or maintain the treaty?

I would, with the FA Council, look a these answers before making a decision.

WA

I have no plans to alter the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs. My policy towards the WA voting channel is that the votes are advisory but will be followed unless there is a compelling reason not to. Every vote I make will be recorded in an EPNS article and stated if it followed the Regional vote or if it went against it with what reason it went against it for.

Endotarting will be a big focus. REWARD has since been revived which has boosted our Hussar count by 50 but this is not good enough. WA counts matter to the average issue answerer a lot. I will do everything I can to raise the number of WAs in TEP to above 600 and the Delegate’s endocount to above 500. This would involve regular endotarting, searching of active issue answerers to join them up to the WA, and weekly dispatch notifications to those not endorsing the Delegate. This would also indirectly help recruitment.

UTEP

UTEP is being rebuilt but at a slower pace than it should. Currently, UTEP is in the process of moving old articles over to the new UTEP nation. UTEP is a challenge to revive. My idea is to host formal debates using the enthusiasm in TEP for them. These would be in the format of the old agoreds. I would also encourage any form of literature contributions to UTEP, particularly related to NS. All works should be advertised in EPNS, preferably by the authors themselves with a short paragraph detailing the works.

EPSA

For EPSA, I will flatten the ranks. The current five ranks are top many for the active members we have. There should only be the Militiaman, the Soldier, the Commander, and then the Overseeing Officer. This, I don’t think, will harm

I would flatten the ranks. There should be the simple Militiaman, then the Soldier, then the Commander, then the Overseeing Officer. I don’t believe this will harm participation on the basis of promotion. The Awards system exists to award active participation and it will be fully used. Increased R/D participation is the end goal. Successes will be advertised both as they happen and in EPNS.

Concluding Notes

Good luck to all candidates.

1 Like

Please name one way the Executive Act has impeded Executive operations?

Isn’t the idea to NOT award awards en masse?

I believe this has already happened.

I still like this, but I’m tentative about weekly reports from the CM.

Why can’t this be merged with the Chief Minister position?

How big does the action have to be to justify this? For example, changing the WFE to advertise the latest EPNS edition would not be worth reporting. So what kind of actions do you see as worth reporting?

Do you think any of our existing treaties DON’T have a practical purpose?

How does your Anti-GA, Anti-SC personal agenda affect your WA policy?

Would you do this personally, or no? Do you see this as particularly sustainable with current manpower and necessary projects?

Given the Agoras were discontinued due to lack of interest/participation, especially with regards to the time and energy needed to put them together, how do you plan on making them successful this time around?

Out of curiosity, what rank are you deleting? And…is 4 particularly better than 5? It seems pretty limited already.

Could you explain how it could accomplish these two goals, with an example?

What does this mean?

How do you bring back the enthusiasm then?

And how do you explain the chronic lack of new people who aren’t cosmos?

In my opinion, this is the single most important NECESSITY that the government needs to accomplish. Not to be a single-issue voter but I heavily disagree with your entire platform solely based on this.

None that I know of as it is loose so it serves no practical purpose. In the case of my campaign, the abolition of the Minister of Regional Affairs would be forbidden.

No, the idea of my original idea (which was shot down) was to keep it exclusive. From my previous EPNS article:

My advice on using the new system is to be liberal with the new awards. They should be handed out freely by the Delegate to keep them in circulation.

Since we kept multiple awards, they need to be kept circulating otherwise they become no different than the system I wanted to abolish.

The first awarding should be a public affair but each subsequent awarding should be on-the-spot.

It can but not everyone wants to do both tasks or are good at both. If there is someone good at both of them, there is no reason why they shouldn’t be.

This will be almost every action, no matter how small or inconsequential. The WFE example you gave would be included. These would be published separately from EPNS at the end of the term with a quick summary for EPNS given.

I’m too new to FA to know which is why I want a review.

It won’t. I do have an ideology but it will be secondary to practical action. I will abstain from voting altogether in #wa-voting, as in not tap “for”, “against”, or “abstain”. I will vote according to the result unless there is some compelling reason not to such as FA.

Yes, telegraming non-WA issue answerers to join the WA and participate more broadly with the region will be done by myself personally.

We have several people in the #debates-and-politics channel who are regular and could be asked to participate. If it fails, the agora idea will be scrapped and literature will be the only focus.

If we count Militiaman as a rank, we currently have six. It’s a bit erroneous to count Militiamen as part of the army given that they don’t have that legal status at the moment and, I think, you can be both a soldier and militiaman at the moment.

The army proper will be Soldier, Commander, and Overseeing Officer.

My idea is that the Ministry of Outreach creates sub-ministries in the communities according to what the community wants out of the government. The Minister of Outreach becomes a mini-Delegate in essence.

Enthusiasm is only possible by activity and high spirits. The Delegate and all Ministers have to be relentlessly active, constantly doing things, and always in high morale. The rest of the region will follow from there.

Recruitment cannot be done on its own. We have do have new people joining the Discord but they don’t do anything. The best recruitment is activity. Issue answerers and those silent in the Discord will not join because someone reached out to them. I was an issue answerer not too long ago and it was curiosity about the activities of the region that led me to join. People will join if they see there are things to do, whether it be joining the WA and participating there, joining a festival or a contest, or whatever else. Enthusiasm and activity first and recruitment will come naturally in the end. I am certain.

Said it on discord, but these answers answer my questions well. I still disagree with some small parts but do not have the time or energy to get into it.

I have a few questions for the Nightingale who sang in Berkeley Square, or any other available Nightingale:

1. What are your thoughts on the situation in Thaecia?
  2. What are your thoughts on my plan, with Millenhaal and maybe The Ice States, alongside any authors we get (since I wouldn’t be authoring), to start an interregional nongovernmental “World Assembly Roleplayers Platform” non-GP authorship organization? Would TEP be willing to endorse the project and/or allow it to make use of TEP FA connections in order to establish itself?
  3. What are your thoughts on a Lausanne Libcord-esque joint military server for us to pool our militaries, considering we’re all low on activity at the moment?

I think waiting and doing nothing is the wrong thing to do. FA should ask the regional authorities and both sides of the dispute about what is happening.

I fully support it and would use TEP FA to support it.

It’s an interesting idea. It would need active military leadership from each region otherwise it would just be a hub of inactivity that chips away at each region’s military equally or it would be dominated by one region instead of being cooperative. I’d ask FA about the other regions’ military leadership before making a decision.

I personally think it would be worse for TEP to insert itself in Thaecia’s business while it’s working itself out.

Not necessarily get involved but definitely make an active effort to fact find.