[CAMPAIGN] Vussul, 58th Magisterium

As Provost, the Magisterial application will be simplified. The Provost templates will be updated as will the legislation templates. Voting records will revert to the old form and each vote using the document currently used will be refittited. Sponsors of old proposals that have just sat there being perpetually bumped automatically will be contacted and asked if they are interested in continuing the discussion or tabling it. Weekly pings on each Sunday will be made as a reminder of active discussions. A new tag for Provost election campaigns will also be created in the Magisterium subforum. The usual bureaucratic cogs will turn as well.

Speaking as a Magister rather than the incumbent Provost,

How would you propose Magister applications be simplified?

As it stands, whilst there are multiple conditions that need to be met by an Applicant, there are multiple ways of becoming a Magister in terms of entry requirements.
Obviously, there is the direct entry method if you are currently a WA member of TEP, then the accession vote if you do not have your WA in TEP, finally there is the EPSA exemptions.

In regards to the voting records, what benefits do you see in the old form over the current records? And is this in relation to the overall “Record of Votes” or the per-vote record keeping at the end of each vote conducted?

Finally, what do you view the position of Provost as?
Do you see it as a ceremonial figurehead of the Magisterium, or as an administrative paper-pusher akin to a Speaker

The requirements section would be rewritten. I can see it being simplified. The Magister Pledge and Identification sections can be combined into a single copy-and-paste section.

This relates to the Record of Votes. I would prefer things to be in plain text forum thread. I find Google docs and spreadsheets to be too finicky. I’m also not certain that they can be searched in the forum search bar. I don’t believe they can. That is not ideal.

I see it as both. I can’t put it into words how I exactly see it. Think more like a loose manager or something along those lines.

1. You could probably ask Admin to create provost election tags right now and get it done. Why wait?

2. Do you have any Deputy Provosts in mind?

3. What do you feel should be changed about our current Provost and legislation templates?

I feel as if it would step too far out of the realm of Magister and into the realm of Provost to ask something like this.

Yes. I am reluctant to name them because of the obvious.

They are outdated. The Provost template for opening votes, for example, currently still assumes only Magisters vote by reply. The legislative templates are inconsistent in using dashes or full stops in cases like 4.2.4. or 4.2.4- and the legislative templates in general are a bit… unprofessionally written.

What about these plans require Provostship?
Do you have any plans in mind to increase our magister count?

I think it is clear that these plans do require the Provostship since the decision on what templates to use or how to keep records, for example, are ultimately at the decision of the Provost.

No, I do not. I don’t think the Magisterium is at a loss for members and quorum remains an ever-present thorn for a larger Magisterium. It is also the job of the Executive, the Ministry of Hospitality (if it still even is a Ministry), to direct regional recruitment.