Category and Forum Refresh

With the upcoming Tapatalk migration we have been working on giving the forum a little refresh with the category and forum names. You may have also noticed that our favicon was also updated and that was part of the project. Drachen’s idea behind the project was to give “clearness, consistency, and creativity” to the forum. Today I wanted to share with everyone what the new category names and the new forum names are (some will not change or have very little change). Some of these changes will start to take effect today and others could be after the migration. The key with some of these changes are with clear descriptions that better explains each forum for new people and gives us a little more originality.

Gateway to the East (Welcome to the East Pacific)
>Newcomers Start Here
>Oh, The Places You’ll Go In… NationStates (Inside The East Pacific is being split between here, The Lounge and being archived)
>The Lounge
>The Arcade (Game Room)
>University of the East Pacific (The University of TEP)

The Multiverse (Roleplaying Forums)
>Regional Atlas
>TEP Evolved (with a clear description “(In-Character)” can be removed)
>Out of Character Discussion

Capitol District (Government of the East Pacific)
(Adding “The” to the government forums gives it more of a district feel – this will be the last area to take change as I want to give the government notice of their remodel ;D)
>The Plaza
>The Magisterium
>The Executive
>The Conclave
>Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army
>World Assembly Center
>Embassy Row

Help Desk (Technical)
>Administrative Announcements
>Technical Center (Technical Discussions)
>The Catacombs (Archives)

What’s next?

Areas like the EPPS Forum will be renamed since it’s a forum, so why call it a forum? Yuno will lead the refresh of The Executive to streamline the forum tree level for more easy access in general. I already have a general idea of how we can do it but I feel we will have to wait until after the migration to display it right.

>Not using the original Bob the Builder

How dare you.

In all seriousness though, now that I have had some time to look over things, I have some tangible feedback.

I still want TEP Evolved to be renamed to something that fits with the general straightforwardness of the rest of the RP section. I’m willing to work on that in detail, but so far some ideas are “Roleplay Central,” “In-Character Activities,” and “Stories from the East.”

Also, Out of Character could do with a slight change to “Rules and Out-of-Character Info” or something like that which indicates to a larger portion of the content.

— Begin quote from ____

>Not using the original Bob the Builder

How dare you.

In all seriousness though, now that I have had some time to look over things, I have some tangible feedback.

I still want TEP Evolved to be renamed to something that fits with the general straightforwardness of the rest of the RP section. I’m willing to work on that in detail, but so far some ideas are “Roleplay Central,” “In-Character Activities,” and “Stories from the East.”

Also, Out of Character could do with a slight change to “Rules and Out-of-Character Info” or something like that which indicates to a larger portion of the content.

— End quote

:smiley:

Oooooo! Tangible feedback makes me feel all tingly inside. :slight_smile:

The RP section is thankfully not the first area of work due to we understand the complexity of it. “Stories from the East,” would actually go with the general flow. And we can all brainstorm the OOC area but if it can be explained with a better description then we may not need any changes or even make it fancy.