Chancellor Elections - Nov 25

Oi, let’s get the ball rolling on this.

As per the following provision of your Education Act:

— Begin quote from ____

SECTION 3. The Chancellor
1.(a) The University of the East Pacific shall be administered by the Chancellor.
(b) Each Chancellor shall serve a term of 4 months and can be reelected for one
successive term.
(c) The Chancellor will be elected by the Council of Holders by majority vote. Any citizen of
the East Pacific can be candidate.
(d) The resigning Chancellor will organize this election.

— End quote

There’s a 48-hour period for Citizens to announce their candidacies in this thread. Any Citizen can be candidate. After said period, Holders will vote on the candidates, via majority vote.

If nobody offers their candidac-- just someone, please offer your candidacy. For god’s sake you don’t want a repeat of me. :stuck_out_tongue:

And because I never apologized for my behavior to the University: my sincerest apologies. I can at the very least, attend to my duties to run the election for my successor. Sorry again.

I would like to state that I am not interested in running for Chancellor, but I hope our next chancellor will be supportive in my activities of attempting to combine education attempts as High Commissioner for some of the Pacifics

Thank you, Unibot.

@Aelitia:

(As MoFA, I would say you need to discuss this with me and Bach. Your idea raises so many questions, particularly what happened last term with similar attempts?)

As a candidate, I’d say UTEP should focus more on one-on-one interaction between scholars rather than using our concurrent positions as official representatives of TEP. In the real world, Academia is naturally international and collaborative. I think ignoring regional divisions would bring more success. Perhaps exchange students is a better joint policy for foreign affairs and education rather than treaties to exchange information?

— Begin quote from ____

Thank you, Unibot.

@Aelitia:

(As MoFA, I would say you need to discuss this with me and Bach. Your idea raises so many questions, particularly what happened last term with similar attempts?)

As a candidate, I’d say UTEP should focus more on one-on-one interaction between scholars rather than using our concurrent positions as official representatives of TEP. In the real world, Academia is naturally international and collaborative. I think ignoring regional divisions would bring more success. Perhaps exchange students is a better joint policy for foreign affairs and education rather than treaties to exchange information?

— End quote

Of course I would have conferred with you and Bach- as I posted in the headquarters.

I have had no concrete strategies, so I just wanted to ensure that the chancellor would support policies which may require their cooperation with any possible changes.

As academia is intergovernmental, it is unfair to ignore regional boundaries due to regional identity of authors, and also the fact that nearly every university is “of this region university”. I would like to use official diplomatic channels which may need to be used for any changes required in structures.

— Begin quote from ____

As academia is intergovernmental, it is unfair to ignore regional boundaries due to regional identity of authors, and also the fact that nearly every university is “of this region university”. I would like to use official diplomatic channels which may need to be used for any changes required in structures.

— End quote

I think you’re overestimating the relevancy of other regions’ universities. People teach a subject they enjoy, and these teachers are usually real life university students. Subjects range from NS activities, such as RP, to actual introductory classes into college majors. Any role the government plays is limited to ensuring their university is properly teaching new nations the basics of their region. Our university is weird because it is mainly a library and has permanent teachers.

Changes to structure via treaty would be cumbersome because it would require renegotiation in order to change it again.

I apologize for the confusion, if there were any cooperative efforts, it wouldn’t be done by treaty. Merely a stated dedication to continued academic excellence or something of the sort. Nothing too specific in the treaty, but something to go off for a more intimate academic policy with said region.

Any changes to structure would be by agreement of universities, and not as hard to change.

If you want to collaborate with other universities, such as in Equilism, United Kingdom or 10,000 Islands, you should. This is a game and we should all be able to do what we enjoy doing. One of the benefits of being one of the top five largest regions is renown. I could imagine a lot of teachers in other regions would enjoy giving a seminar here, and we there.

I just don’t think education should be handled by the foreign affairs department. The reason being FA needs to focus on other priorities.

Well, you’re the only candidate. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, um, let’s see what the holders think. Elections begin now.

Holders please vote.

FOR Old Fed.

I am Present.

Abstain

Okay. OF - congratulations.

Thank you very much, Unibot.

And thank you Hobbes. As for Prussia and Aelitia, you will regret this >:)

Generally voting in a one person race doesn’t require people to vote anyways, unless there is a none if the above option.

However I do prefer you to that choice OF :slight_smile: