Christie Island Film Festival

OOC thread: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/proposed-event-christie-island-film-festival-t16182.html
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/download/file.php?id=602058

[hr]

[hr]

— Begin quote from ____

The Urth Film Association (UFA) is delighted to announce the organization of the Christie Island Film Festival to take place in Rilanon at Ongo Park, open to the public, and awards ceremony to be held at the Serenitech Theater during the last week of October.

The films that will be showcased have already won their national best picture award and will now be competing for the International Best Picture Award, the top prize of the Urth film industry, and for the Christie Island Film Festival the UFA will be donating $2 million to college scholarships.

BEST FILM
An original story combined with a 5 minute or less movie/series/anime/cartoon/short film clip that is in English or Dubbed / Subbed in English.

BEST ART
Make a “movie poster” for your “film!”

BEST SOUND
Select an instrumental song (can be a modern song but the instrumental version only) that goes with your “film” and “movie poster”

What makes BEST PICTURE?
Each nation will select someone from their film industry to send as a judge. Voting will be on a scale of 1-10 (see OOC thread) with the “film” of the highest average winning the category. The “film” with the highest combined average will win best picture and will host the next film festival.

The Red Carpet
About two weeks before I will come looking for a general theme of what your film will be, name of film and maybe a actor / actress name. I’m thinking we should have some fun with the new characters you created.

The Awards Ceremony
The above mentioned voting under Best Picture will be sent to the host nation (in this case me) via DM or PM and kept secret like a real award ceremony – you wont know until you know – and you get to have an acceptance speech from your movie star, director, set designer, composer, etc.

Since we have until October, feel free to provide any additional ideas!

— End quote