Commonwealth of Vulshain

This is Felicia de Saltore reporting for VCNMN. Many nations around the world are awaiting news on numerous reforms taking place here in the confederacy of Vulshain, one of which is the ratification of the Vulshainian Commonwealth Constitution. Last year Rygard voted to establish itself as a commonwealth nation, a compromise proposed by Confederate Premier Cecilia Rainard Riskotov, older sister to Vulshainian Monarch King Samuil Rainard, between those who desired independence and those who favored being annexed by Vulshain after Vulshain and Laiatan overthrew the corrupted military junta back in 2013 with the aid of East Malaysia and several other nations. While the creation of a commonwealth was reluctantly accepted by Laiatan as well as being cautiously accepted by Vekaiyu, a few other nations have welcomed the change. Still there are many unanswered questions.

OOC: If anyone wants to post their leaders’ reactions to this, you’re welcome to do so!

Reporters from Vulshain have been able to reach several world leaders and have asked them their opinions on this.

Ooc: Anyone is welcomed to post what your nation’s leaders think about this.

In the media room where one of the two presidents were holding theiir interviews, chatter and questions were being fired at him. Responses were shot back, showing the deft political maneuvering around touchy subjects and the clear stances he held on other topics.

“Mr. President!” shouted a rather tall reporter.

“Yes Marge?” he replied.

“What are your thoughts on the missing refugees?”

“Missing refugees? I must apologize but this is the first time I ever heard of this.” replied the male, rather confused as to how something related to this managed to slip past the intelligence community. A few heads were going to roll it seemed to him.

“Sir, having been an investigative journalist, there have been rumors floating around that the refugees being transported her from the troubled nation of Durbia and the surrounding countries. There has been no evidence of such abductions but the rumors still persist.” A few fellow reporters snickered at such a caek-foil headed idea it was, most just kept their silence at the woman. Later did everyone know, that the poor soul would be found at the scene of a brutal hit and run accident in the middle of the night. Authorities would rule her death as an accident due to the recent festivities being hosted nearby at the time.

“Marge, I will be sure to answer your questions and I can assure you, we have vested interest in trying to solve this issue. Now, is there any other questions people have to ask me?”

“Sir! What do you think of the Vulshainian Commonwealth Constitution?” smartly said by a rather pale male with defining features on his face, one that could be considered very masculine.

The president’s eyebrows rose inquisitively and he replied, “Well foreign policy of Rhodesia has always been to never seek interest in other nation’s matters, but in this case, it is an interesting predicament and we wait to see what will unfold in the near future. Now I must take my leave, you all have a great night and have fun at the festival nearby!” The president walked off the stage and through a door flanked by bodyguards.

Behind the door stood the other president and the director of special activities. The recently interrogated head of state said, “Thank god you two are here. We need to talk about what was just mentioned a minute ago.”

“Agreed” said the other head of state.

OOC: Just bumping the thread a bit in case anyone was interested in joining.