Consortium Researching Extraordinary Entities and Physics (CREEP)

The Consortium Researching Extraordinary Entities and Physics (CREEP) is an international organization, operating with immunity from many nation’s governments, and without the knowledge of many more, within an alternate world of Urth where supernatural and paranormal entities, objects, and locations exist due to wounds in reality. CREEP is dedicated to the discovery, containment, and research of such entities, objects, and locations, so that they may understand the physics of the supernatural world beneath the curtain. Subjects researched by CREEP are indexed as CREEP-### rather than named explicitly, although unofficial names do exist. The names and locations of CREEP researchers, task forces, and sites are expunged from all CREEP documents, lending to the organization’s status as a secret society. Apart from the presence of CREEP and the unnatural science it studies, all nations, locations, events, and characters of Urth are canon unless explicitly altered by CREEP entries. CREEP study entries may be written within this thread in no particular order.

Contributors:
Mangegneithe (467, 102)

1 Like

CREEP-467

Description: 467 is a large object, with dimensions of three (3) meters from the bottom to top, one (1) meter from the left to the right, and 1.5 meters from the front to the back. 467 is a slab of stone seemingly carved with the detailed expressions of a face. 467 is the facsimile of a completely bald and clean-shaven head. The head has all the appearance and features of a human being rendered in stone. The rock used has been tested and confirmed to be basalt. No other material is present in 467’s features. 467 has no blood, bones, organs, skin, or organic tissue of any kind, yet blinks regularly and moves its mouth. 467 is capable of speech, however, it appears to be a great effort on its part. 467 is likely sentient and to be treated as such.

467 possesses a desire to eat living organic matter. Deceased flesh, cooked or uncooked, is rejected by 467, and living beings seem to be possessed with an unnatural urge to jump in the stone head’s mouth. Sharp teeth – stalagmites and stalactites – tear 467’s victims apart with extraordinary strength and efficiency. Victims are swallowed. No knowledge of where they go is available. Inorganic material thrust into 467’s mouth finds only a small hollow cavern beyond what is visible. No throat seems to exist, and no space for corpses or bones has been observed.

467’s demeanor is largely passive. Angering them, however, is ill-advised. 467’s powers seem to be employed randomly. Immunity has not been discovered. Power seems to only be effective when directly within 467’s line of sight. There appears to be no way to control or direct 467, nor to amplify its abilities. Carving stone out of 467’s side is possible, but makes it angry. The stone itself appears to have no extraordinary properties.

Conversation with 467 is frustrating. No indication of its origin has been betrayed. It seems to enjoy speaking in circles and riddles. It is unwilling, by all measures, to provide answers on its nature or insight into physics. Experiments have proven to be the only effective manner of dealing with 467. Harsh measures are authorized.

Containment: As 467 is incapable of motion beyond the controlling of facial features, containment is simple. 467 is kept within a room secured by keycard access, with reinforced walls to protect the subject and ensure containment and the safety of workers in case initial judgments regarding the lack of motion capability prove to be incorrect. Access to 467 is restricted to Level 4 researchers and staff. Subjects for interaction and tests with 467 may be brought if cleared by a Level 6 or higher researcher or staff member.

No procedures are necessary in order to maintain upkeep of 467. No need for food or water has been observed, but 467 seems to sleep in sync with a normal human circadian rhythm. If deprived of food or water, 467 experiences no ill effects. Depriving 467 of sleep is currently evaluated to be impossible with ordinary methods. Extraordinary sleep deprivation is possible, but only makes 467 angry. β–ˆβ–ˆ researchers were lost due to this.

Discovery: On July β–ˆβ–ˆ, 20β–ˆβ–ˆ, 467 was unearthed by a mining operation in the southern β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ mountain range in Aivintis by the mining company β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ. β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ was granted a mining permit by β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ, a minor bureaucratic official in the β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ government. β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ was contacted following discovery of 467 and remains the only individual outside of the CREEP to maintain knowledge of 467’s existence. All reports have been cleared with assistance from β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ, who remains a valued informant for the Consortium. The work of miner β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ broke through a thin slate wall in the mountain, which led to a cramped cavern. 467 was asleep within the cavern. 467 awoke and, promptly, ate the miner whole. No waste was excreted or digestion present to the knowledge of the Consortium research team, which was called in a day following the incident. Mining supervisor β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ and three (3) miners were immediately aware of the incident due to investigation, but the rest of the crew remained uninformed.

As was protocol, asset β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ was contacted β€” government representatives were to be informed of anomalies per the 1967 Psychohallucination and Mass Psychosis Prevention and Response Ordinance. Further calls and electronic mail to company representatives were intercepted by CREEP thanks to asset CREEP-102. Individuals in connection to 467 were taken into containment as Ordinary Subjects (OS). Two OS in connection with 467 are deceased due to interaction with 467.

Analysis: 467 would be an unruly asset. Transportation would take effort, time, and money. Moving it any distance would be a manual effort. It would not escape, however, acting as a note in its favor. Forcing 467 to do one’s bidding would be impossible, but perhaps angering it could lead to it being used as an offensive tool. That said, 467 would target allies and enemies equally. It is ill-advised to employ 467 as an asset. Other, more effective ways remain for disposing of enemies of the Consortium.

Interview 467-1

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Hello. According to field notes, you are capable of speech. Are you willing to speak with me?

467: Are you willing to entertain me?

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: I would be willing to entertain the idea.

467: Jokes.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: You know what jokes are.

467: Yes. I do.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Do you have a name?

467: Do you have any intention of using it?

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Do you know where you are?

467: Do any of us?

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Do you think you’re funny?

467: Not in the slightest.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Answer my question.

467: I just did.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: My other question. Do you know where you are?

467: Some sort of cell.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Think broader. Do you know what country you are in?

467: Yes. The miners said it.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Then say it, please, for the record.

467: Why is that necessary? I answered your question. We both know what country we are in. Isn’t that enough for you?

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: We have different perspectives of our location. I’d like to hear yours.

467: My opinion on your country? It is unwelcoming.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: If you do not cooperate, we will take more samples of your stone.

467: You’ve run your tests. You know all you wanted to.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: It would not be for tests.

467: This is a threat?

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Yes. This is a threat. Non-compliance will result in further cuttings of your material.

467: Ah. Well, in that case.

<Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ screams. Stone moves against stone. Bones crack. Recording ends.>

Interview 467-2

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Hello.

467: Been a while since I’ve seen one of you. You come in while I sleep. You watch from the glass.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Are you calmed?

467: It’s been many days.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Okay. I want to talk to you.

467: So did the other one. I killed her.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: I am protected.

467: We’ll see.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Where are you from?

467: I was taken from a mountain.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Were you created there?

467: Created?

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Were you created or were you born?

467: That is a strange question.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Do you not want to answer it?

467: No.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Do you need sleep to live?

467: Do you need the sun to see? Do you need the stars to breathe?

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Er . . . yes, I suppose, for the first. No for the second.

467: If there were no stars would there not be no you? The materials from stars formed the materials of you.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Then, I guess, in a roundabout way, yes. Is that similar to you and sleep?

467: Not particularly.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Do you not want to answer this either?

467: No.

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Are there any questions you’d want to answer?

467: Are there any you would like to?

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: No.

467: Are you finished?

Dr β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ: Yes.

CREEP-102

Description: 102 is a red rotary telephone capable of disrupting communications technology and intercepting messages. All outgoing messages within fifty meters of 102 are disrupted and incapable of sending. All incoming messages are stored in the phone or the nearest computer, depending on the medium of communication. 102’s interception field can be amplified through connection to telephone poles. 102 may only cause communications disruptions across the expanded field when making a phone call with the object. However, messages in the expanded field may be intercepted and stored. Filtering technology has allowed 102 to serve as CREEP’s main tool for discovering extraordinary entities and objects. Regular phone calls may be made with 102. It appears to have no level of sentience.

Containment: 102 is incapable of movement and sentience. Even in an instinctual sense, it maintains no clear desire to escape. Unpredictable behavior – determined to be malfunctions in its technology – may be experienced, but amount only to disruption in nearby electrical grids and bursts of harmful electricity.

Discovery: 102 was discovered in an office building in Castenor, Aivintis on April 9, 1986 by office worker β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ. Initially seen as an error in supply, the phone was discovered to be the source of technical disruptions when all outgoing phone calls were blocked by 102’s power. The anomaly was reported, the extraordinary elements covered up, and 102 was seized by the Consortium. No issues were experienced in the discovery or containment of 102.

Analysis: 102 is a highly useful instrument for CREEP. It is advised that this asset is taken full advantage of. It appears to have no hidden agenda and is easily used and controlled.