Continents and Spoiliaverunt

We’ve run into the rather significant problem that we now lack names for every continent except Yasteria. So I figured we should sit down to have a conversation about what to name stuff. Thoughts?

I’d also like to make an argument that we please, please change Oceanus Spoiliaverunt, preferably to Oceanus Pacificas or Pacifican or something. First, Spoiliaverunt is REALLY hard to pronounce. Second, for things like FPS and the EPTO, the lack of any “Pacific” in the game is…rather odd, lol.

So, we can’t just name everything in different various of “Steve” huh?

On a serious note. Continents are hard to name, especially in a multiplayer game. I’d say either leave it to the map maker, or have players who have their country on a continent, vote on that name.

Oceanus Pacificas sounds good, and actually like something someone would name an ocean, instead of Spoiliaverunt… Its easier to type to.

Pax named that ocean to be a pain. Was a bit of a joke that kind of kept going. Like Pax Fruits, only harder to pronounce.

Aurora was the name of the continent that included FPS and EM. I remember that.

The following I took from here: . http://theeastpacific.com/topic/5213371/1/#new . if y’all want to actually ‘read’ the posts.

Some of the following are already in use on the current map.

Oceans/Seas/Lakes

1 - Pasifika Ocean
1 - Concordian Ocean
2 - Strait of Pasifika
5 - Stygian Sea
5 - South sea
6 - Eurasian Sea
6 - Concordian Ocean
7 - Borean Sea ( up north somewhere )
7 - Subarctic Sea
8 - Nordsund (North Sound)
9 - Sudsund (South Sound)
10 - Magistian Reef
10 - Saharan Ocean
11 - Channel of Delegat
12 - Sea of Baku

13 - Oceanus Spoliaverunt ( Common translation of Oceanus Spoliaverunt be? The Plundered Ocean? Desecrated Ocean? )
13 - Arcturian Sea ( but be also referred to poetically as the Plundered Ocean. )
-----Plundered ocean could be a local thing as ancient Packilvania was a full of “Barbary” pirates.
-----Same concept as no one in the PD uses “Bay of Joy”. Locally it would be Hikaru’s Gulf. Hikaruton is near it.

14 - Bay of Conclava
15 - Azure Sea ( by Dragonia, my nation calls the spot of water between the island chain and the big island Azure Bay )
16 - Caven Sea
17 - Codex Pontus
18 - Imperial Sea
19 - Talis Sea
20 - Arctica Sea ( up north somewhere )
21 - Mo Ce Lake ( Mo Ce Lake translates to lonely, sorrowful lake in Chinese )
22 - Freeman Basin
23 - Dragon’s Hole
24 - Tilden Straits
24 - East Strait
25 - Subarctic Sea
26 - Barren Sea/ Strait ( intentional spelling, homage to Bering )
28 - Erythrean Sea/Strait

Continents/Landmasses

A - Lemuria ( we have a race of Lemures now! So not use?)
A - Tamoanchan ( continent Bach is on )
A - Afrikka
A - Atlentika ( or some variant, to mirror Pasifika )
B - Antilla ( continent South Hills is on )
B - Mediurth ( to show that it is the middle between old and new worlds )
C - Gondwana ( continent Xorient is on )
C - Arbia / Novemis
D - Hyperborea or just Borea ( continent Terisclu is on )
D - Northlands
E - Arcturia

E - Yasteria Minor ( mirror to Yasteria Major, leaving it one ‘Yasteria’ )
E = Yasteria Minor and the peninsula with Dovakhin, SH, and Aelitia being the Arcturian Peninsula.

G - Aurora or Aurorae
H - Talislanta ( continent above Dragonia ? )
H - Lonely Lands

Alright. I’ll put together a continental/ocean map once SY finishes with the blank map, using the names already provided.

Out of respect to Pack, we will keep oceanus spoilaverunt.

I do recall that the continent myself, Vulshain, and Tano are on is called ‘Itur.’

I’ve created a map denoting the continents, oceans, and most of the smaller bodies of land/water. We still need names for four major seas (the three that connect the Yasterian Sea to other bodies of water, plus the one that features Rhodesia and Sydonia). There also might be smaller sea or land areas worth naming; happy to make changes as specified.

I did make a couple changes:

1. I transformed the Pasifican Ocean into the Pacific Ocean. This makes sense given the term “Pacific” is an actual word with a set etymology, and more to the point, a word used in the name of two different nations.
  2. I kept the Oceanus Spoiliaverunt name, but also added the Packilvanian Ocean as an informal name.

The map is http://i.imgur.com/FaXAJNX.png

Aaaand we’ve already an update to account for my not realizing the Mahigian Sea was already named.

Awesomeness !!

You guys https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592191.5826-smiley.gif?ttinline=true
!!

The lake in Aurora, on request by myself and other nations for the history of the lands, please can it be shown as ‘Lake Lamberta’?

Taken by the inspiration from reigning monarchs with the name ‘Lambertus’ and changed to feminine ‘Lamberta’ as the name of the lake.

LINK: http://imgur.com/a/ZROxL

Many thanks.