Cordial Notification Amendment to the Citizenship Act

…4.2. If the Citizen returns their recorded Resident nation to the region or their WA membership to their recorded WA nation and issues a notification of such return within the Thread before the 48 hour period established in Section 4.1 expires, their Citizenship shall remain valid.
…4.2.1 The Citizen may also keep their Citizenship valid if they successfully change their recorded Resident nation or recorded WA nation to another nation with valid citizenship or WA membership within the same 48 hour period, following Section 3 procedures.

Why is this nessecary?

Who even are you

Anyway so quoting myself on discord:

“Well it makes the Citizenship Office’s job much easier - I, for one, just accidentally announced that someone’s citizenship was revoked because I wasn’t notified that they had revived their nation; upon realizing my error I corrected this, but the fact that I just assumed that notification was required (as did some other observers) indicated that it would be far more intuitive to make that the case. Even if there had been no confusion tho, making people’s jobs easier is always good when it has no costs/harmful effects.”

I apologize for not including an explanation in the OP; this was discussed in the nationstates channel on discord, but I shouldn’t have just assumed everyone read that one discussion and I admit I may have gotten complacent in my legislation.

2 Likes

your god

*yru’oe

Question:

Let’s assume that I accidentally raided with main and forgot about it. I get pinged and is given 48 hours to move main back. I move main back to TEP, but did not inform the Citizenship Office until the 48 hours have passed (lets say I found out that I didn’t inform around 30 minutes after the deadline). Under the proposed Amendment, will my Citizenship still remain valid?

Put another way, does the notification itself also have to fall under the 48 hour time period given to me, or can I notify after the 48 hour time period? Because if so, I don’t think the amendment as written reflects this intention.

The way it’s written, citizenship would be lost in that situation. Otherwise, we could have someone like a year after an audit notify citioffice that the revival was done, and get retroactive citizenship for that entire year. The line must be drawn somewhere.

May I suggest, then, that we move the amendment to somewhere here?

…4.2. If the Citizen returns their recorded Resident nation to the region or their WA membership to their recorded WA nation and issues a notification of such return within the Thread before the 48 hour period established in Section 4.1 expires, their Citizenship shall remain valid.

That way, both the movement and the notification of the movement both fall under the 48 hour time period.

I motion this to a vote

Seconded and Acknowledged.

Vote here: [A-2023-49] Amendement to the Citizenship Act - Cordial Notifications