DEBATE: Security Officers [Endorsement Caps Act]

Esteemed Colleagues,
[justify]Following recent debates about liberalization and democratization of The East Pacific, I would like to begin debate on security. If we were to go for democracy, we need to remember about this mentioned principal as well. My idea is an amendment to Endorsement Caps Act, as explained below. Although I am fully aware, that only the Delegate can propose an actual amendment, I would like to begin a debate about it.[/justify]
[justify].[/justify]

[hr]
Endorsement Caps Act:
[justify]I have prepared few statistics, so that you can easily get in touch with some facts about endorsement policies and their affect on World Assembly Activity within Pacifics.[/justify]
[justify]If it was up to me, I would suggest liberalization of this law from positions related to Security of our region, that would by the same time improve security. That being said, I would advocate for Security Officers to have their endocaps raised to “200 below current endorsements level of the World Assembly Delegate”.[/justify]
[justify]That being said, I would understand “Security Officers” by: Chief Officer of Justice, Overseeing Officer of EPSA, EPPS Commissioner, Regional Officers with Border Control, Viceroy.[/justify]

[spoiler]…World Assembly Delegate Endorsements: 325
…Nations: 5 542
…Percent of all nations endorsing the Delegate: 5,86%
…World Assembly Nations: 517
…Percent of all WA Nations endorsing the Delegate: 62,86%
…Percent of nations within World Assembly: 9,33%
…World Assembly Endorsements: 589th
…Endorsement Caps: 10/20/50
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
…World Assembly Delegate Endorsements: 648
…Nations: 5 955
…Percent of all nations endorsing the Delegate: 10,88%
…World Assembly Nations: 855
…Percent of all WA Nations endorsing the Delegate: 75,79%
…Percent of nations within World Assembly: 14,36%
…World Assembly Endorsements: 7th
…Endorsement Caps: 400
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
…World Assembly Delegate Endorsements: 447
…Nations: 5 782
…Percent of all nations endorsing the Delegate: 7,73%
…World Assembly Nations: 562
…Percent of all WA Nations endorsing the Delegate: 79,54%
…Percent of nations within World Assembly: 9,72%
…World Assembly Endorsements: 61st
…Endorsement Caps: 150/10
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
…World Assembly Delegate Endorsements: 967
…Nations: 7 645
…Percent of all nations endorsing the Delegate: 12,65 %
…World Assembly Nations: 1 326
…Percent of all WA Nations endorsing the Delegate: 72,92 %
…Percent of nations within World Assembly: 17,34 %
…World Assembly Endorsements: 1st
…Endorsement Caps: 915*

*One of informations I heard - it’s either below WAD or VWAD - not 100% sure. If below VWAD, then 915 it is.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
…World Assembly Delegate Endorsements: 729
…Nations: 5 560
…Percent of all nations endorsing the Delegate: 13,11%
…World Assembly Nations: 845
…Percent of all WA Nations endorsing the Delegate: 86,27%
…Percent of nations within World Assembly: 13,11%
…World Assembly Endorsements: 15th
…Endorsement Caps: 10/400/425/450
[/spoiler]

As you can easily see above, the higher endocap is, the bigger percent of nations within Pacifics participate in World Assembly and the higher number of WAD’s endorsements is. That being said, I would adcovate for raising endocap for Security Officers and give them time to gather more endorsements. If that happens, we can then consider raising endocaps for other residents and citizens within our region, to finally boost World Assembly Activity.
[hr]

Don’t forget to use the correct version. I forgot to update it when I was Provost: this is the amended version.

Caps can be removed / changed by the Magisterium with 2/3 vote in favor, per the act.

That being said, your claims:

— Begin quote from ____

As you can easily see above, the higher endocap is, the bigger percent of nations within Pacifics participate in World Assembly and the higher number of WAD’s endorsements is.

— End quote

Have a 0.931 and 0.944 R2 correlation coefficient (got bored and calculated those). However, I don’t believe causation is equivalent to correlation. I could simply say that a region that has generally a stronger focus on WA support / activities would also follow this trend. Our numbers may also be inflated by the amount of “Marsupial” nations we tend to boot.

Considering the recent discussions on viziers, I wonder if this is even necessary. If we’re considering adding another vizier to the ranks, why bump several more nations to effectively the same endorsement numbers as viziers?

— Begin quote from ____

However, I don’t believe causation is equivalent to correlation.

— End quote

This was basically my thoughts when reading this.

I don’t see how boosting our security (is there really a problem that needs to be fixed in the first place?) will eventually lead to us relaxing other endocaps, which will magically bolster WA activity. Being given the ability to receive a handful more endorsements doesn’t exactly suggest to me that people will be more inclined to vote on or contribute to the discussion of WA proposals.