[DISCUSSION] All Reference to the Conclave:

This is for organizational purposes. Most of these are paraphrased and I omitted anything that isn’t explicitly mechanistic or otherwise pertinent.

I’ve highlighted some of my commentary on these.

CONCORDAT:

• Delegate nominates Registered Voters to serve as Arbiters; confirmed by Magisterium
  • Delegate shall not serve as Arbiter
  • Magisterium confirms Arbiters by 2/3 vote (doesn’t specify majority = pet peeve)
  • Magisterium may suspend Arbiters by 2/3 vote for suspicion of indictable crimes / “abuse of power”
  • Aforementioned suspension can be lifted by “non-guilty decision” of the Conclave
  • Conclave may reverse any Provost discretionary edits by 2/3 majority vote
  • Conclave “shall be the interpreter of this Concordat and the judge and jury of Citizens”
  • Conclave shall be composed of four Arbiters
  • Arbiters shall not serve as Delegate or Magisters
  • In decisions of the Conclave, the total number of votes cast may not exceed 3
  • Arbiters shall elect from amongst themselves a Viceroy
  • Viceroy shall oversee Conclave proceedings and administer elections
  • Viceroy shall submit election regulation changes to the Magisterium for majority approval
  • Arbiters are appointed (elected) for “six month tenure” (“term” would be better), “after which they shall retain their seat until a “Member” (?) is nominated to replace them. An Arbiter may be reappointed when their term ends.”
  • Conclave may nullify any actions of the Delegate or Praesidium which are contrary to Conk / law
  • Conclave may nullify any law passed by Magisterium that is unconstitutional
  • Conclave “is empowered to compel a legally required action by Order with an indictable penalty, as limited by law.”
  • Conclave cannot overturn Concordat amendments.
  • Conclave may rule on actions of Citizens to be in violation of Concordat (no nullification thereof or punishments of Citizens specified: this could be defined in a law; end of this clause says “and sentence those found guilty puruant to statutory limits”. Treason Act is an example of this relationship between acts against Concordat + punishments defined by statute.) or of statutory indictable offenses.
  • Conclave may remove Vizier or Magister by 2/3 vote for “abuse of power, inactivity, or dereliction of duty.”
  • Conclave may temporarily suspend any government official being tried for indictable offense by 2/3 vote; suspension shall be lifted at end of trial or early by 2/3 Conclave vote.
  • Conclave may not apply legislation ex post facto. “The prohibition of the Conclave overturning Concordat Amendments, as stated in this Article, shall be an exemption to this mandate.” (This sentence still doesn’t make sense to me.)
  • Any Arbiter with substantial prior involvement with a matter that goes to trial must recuse themselves (I personally disagree with this clause’s existence because it is dangerously limiting; i.e., if two Arbiters coauthored a law that is then under Judicial Review, are they both expected to recuse themselves? If so, the Conclave is rendered functionless)
  • Conclave must confirm within 72 hours (what’s the point of this?) any decision of the Viziers to temporarily suspend a Delegate and must subsequently consider try the Delegate for High Treason or “abuse of power” as prosecuted by the Grand Vizier or designee; suspension can be undone by a non-guilty verdict.
  • Conclave shall try Citizens if “an indictment is made against them” (improper; should be “charged with indictable offense…”) and any Citizen may appeal to the Conclave via trial “on any government action taken against them.”
  • Any Administration ban will be performed without trial by or appeal to the Conclave.
  • Conclave will administer Concordat amendment referenda proposed by the Magisterium.

DELELEC:

• Election Commission will conduct Delegate elections and any aspects not prescribed by law “or not pertaining to the process of Delegate elections” (what?) “are to be determined by the Viceroy.”
  • Nominations must be held in a designated forum thread created by the Viceroy.
  • Voting must be conducted in a separate forum thread created by the Viceroy.
  • The first post in each thread will contain instructions and other information deemed relevant by the Commission.
  • The Commission shall send a regional TG with instructions within 24 hours of the start of the nomination period AND the voting period.; (then, from a later clause which ought to be consolidated,) the Viceroy shall link the forum campaign thread of each candidate within the voting instructions sent in the regional TG (this specifically seems unreasonable to me, plus the Viceroy isn’t necessarily the one sending the TG…) and in the voting instructions on the forum.
  • The Vicroy may propose “additional platforms and events to be included the Annex or changes . . . The Magisterium must approve said updates via majority vote” (what the fuck?) at any time not within 2 weeks of nominations or during elections.
  • Vote stacking / fraud are punishable by [no less than] permanent banishment from TEP “pending trial by the Conclave” (indictable).
  • “Failure to Conduct Procedure” = Viceroy or designee fails to follow procedure laid out in this law = Viziers decide by majority vote whether they are then barred from conducting elections / referenda for one year (is this constitutional?); if the designee is “indicted” (probably not the right terminology…) then the Viceroy needs to take over.

ENDOCAP:

• Emergency situation: Viziers may waive 3-day response time [allowed to violator before action is taken against them] and provide explanation to Conclave.
  • 3x separate violations of endocap within one year = indictable offense w/ sentence of up to permanent banishment.

EXECUTIVE ACT: null

AWARDS ACT: hopefully punishments amended out soon; not listing.

PDA ACT:

• Arbiters are considered “Public Officials” beholden to the requirements of this act.
  • Viceroy is one of 3 officials (+ Delegate & Provost; should we also consider adding Grand Vizier?) that can grant (2/3 majority) permission to omit positions from disclosure.
  • Failure to comply = indictable offense punishable by up to 1 year banishment from TEP.

PUNDOC: might be repealed soon; not including.

RMBRA:

• All Citizens can appeal to Conclave “on any punishments” (too broad; should specify this act)

REG SERV & SECURITY: (hope I can repeal…)

• “Jurisdiction defined as any area where TEP can [enforce the Concordat & Conclave decisions]”
  • “Recommended for all Regional Services to cooerate with the government in enforcing . . . Conclave decisions.”
  • “Citizens banned or ejected from TEP without having been sentenced by the Conclave . . . have the right to seek appeal before the Conclave” (this is actually false and unconstitutional… see my repeal thread)
  • “Not respecting any provision of this Act or oany other statutory obligation” = indictable offense punishable by up to permanent banishment.

THE CONCLAVE ACT: probably unconstitutional and hopefully nullified soon, imo

EPPS ACT:

• EPPS Commissioner may not serve as an Arbiter.
  • Commissioner must present finalized investigative reports to the Conclave

EPSA ACT:

• EPSA members found to be “incapable of conducting themselves appropriately . . . are . . . subject to prosecution where appropriate.” (specifying this really isn’t necessary)

ROs ACT:

• Conclave may hear appeals of Magisterium decisions to dismiss ROs for inactivity / abuse or Delegate decisions to change titles & powers of ROs.
  • Conclave may dismiss RO by 2/3 majority vote [apparently for any reason or reasons not specified; I’m not a fan of this] or through trial verdict.
  • Magisterial changes / removals (by 2/3 majority vote) of Designated Vizier additional powers granted by Delegate may be appealed to Conclave.
  • Conclave may dismiss Designated Viziers by 2/3 majority vote (again, for no reasons specified in the act!) or trial verdict.
  • Magisterium may dismiss DVs by 2/3 majority; this can be appealed to Conclave.
  • Viceroy will designate individual from Elec. Commission to serve as RO, only to be dismissed “by the Delegate following law or the [SOCs].”
  • Delegate may assign EC RO any additional power not regulated by law [/ SOCs]." (no sir, I don’t like it)
  • Conclave may dismiss EC by 2/3 majority vote or through trial verdict.
  • Magisterium may dismiss EC through 2/3 majority vote for failure (doesn’t this seem like something that could be consolidated w/ “Failure to Conduct Procedure” from DELELEC?); may be appealed to Conclave.
  • If Viceroy is running for delegate then “Viceroy designee” must appoint Commissioner (?)

STD DATE AND TIME: null

TREASON ACT:

• a slew of indictable offenses are defined that need not be repeated here

VOTER REG ACT:

• Conclave may reverse prohibition “or decrease its length” upon appeal “by a prohibited nation”
  • “Any individual who holds Citizenship before being prohibited may appeal to the Conclave” (we need to check the constitutionality of this; prohibition may be something that needs to be added to the Conk)
  • Individual registering multiple votes = indictable; maximum permanent banishment
  • Individual attempting to vote during DelElec & referenda without valid voter reg: indictable; maximum permanent banishment (stupid; we could charge ASBS with this offense)

Additional comment: having the Conclave rule on its own members’ suspensions is moronic; this should probably be a function of the Viziers.

Here’s another one that is painfully indefinite. It should probably just be removed.

God the names of government positions are all over the place. Stick to a good and clear theme y’all! Argh lmao

lol nah (removed and redone for added reply)

1 Like

Majority is 2/3

Basically speaking, the Conclave’s Concrisis decision wherein the Conclave basically overturned all future Concordat amendments - per the Conclave’s then-interpretation - happened before it was unlawful for them to overturn Conk amendments From what I understand, this means the Conclave’s prohibition on overturning amendments doesn’t apply to Concordat amendments made before said prohibition was put into place.

It’s possible I may be misunderstanding how ex posto facto works, in which case we can just remove that sentence. Was mostly just to protect us from having the Conk repealled via Conclave decision again.

Presumably a check-and-balance to ensure if the Praesidium can’t forever suspend the Delegate if the Conclave is inactive or something, if I have to presume.

It’s not really as bad as it seems - basically just keep a list of approved campaign platforms below the law, and update it via magi vote

100% unconstitutional rn

I agree it’s extensively broad but I think it can be a useful tool for the Conclave, if we explicitly limit what kinds of Orders the Conclave can give.

No, my “what the fuck” was @ the completely butchered grammar of “to be included the Annex or changes . . . The Magisterium”; it’s like something was shortened in some description post that made its way into the law as an error.

60 days have elapsed since last activity. Thread closed.