Discussion on Resident's Rights

I still don’t understand what the purpose is of granting protections to somebody who registered on the forum but chose not to become a citizen. why would they choose not to be a citizen? Is it because they have an aversion to pledging loyalty to the region or adherence to the concordat?

Also, what coup attempt is so transparent as to not endorse the delegate?

Sent from my BlackBerry Pearl using Tapatalk

Are you suggesting we exclude nations who have a forum account but aren’t a citizen from receiving residsnt rights?

Or are you suggesting that rights shouldn’t be given to any resident because they have pledged nada to TEP?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

To me it’s very simple:

You want protection, then make the small effort to become a citizen.
If you can’t be bothered, that’s an individual decision with consequences.

I think that’s more your perspective than understanding, which is fine.

I can only supply my understanding but can’t help beyond that. If it doesn’t help, then idk.

Symbolically, every nation deserves the right to appeal IC bans, and many do appeal to the Delegate for help.

This just puts those appeals into law and giving residents the back-up of the government, by law, to appeal the ban. But, instead of allowing residents to appeal their ban to the Delegate or RO who banned them, they will be directed to the Viceory who will often be a neutral third party between the RO/Delegate who banned and the resident who was banned, so they get a more fair appeal. This doesn’t mean they can’t appeal to the Delegate, still. But the Viceory can be brought into such circumstances if needed

Honestly, everyone should have the right to fight an IC ban if it was done without due cause. But this is putting it into law.

Practically, it checks the Executive’s power to ban any resident, and thus prevents possible abuse of power.

*forgot a clause, my apologies

Indeed everyone should have the right to appeal an IC ban with a fair judgment, yet this bill puts TEP into a security risk which can not be unnoticed.

Allow me to clarify. This legislation should have been summed up in two lines.

All nations residing in The East Pacific have a right to appeal a regional ban by going to the Viceroy who shall quickly decide on the validity of the ban.
The Viceroy shall present his judgement to the Delegate who has final say.

In that case, we may as well scrap this entire thing and focus on other items.

Giving the Delegate the final say just legthens the process and changes almost nothing, essentially, besides the Delegate having to waste his and the Viceory’ s time with an appeal when it’s obvious the Delegate will most likely just say no.

This could also happen with most RO bans, as well.

The goal of this amendment is to drive endorsements, prevent unfair banning and to promote forumside WA center / roleplay if they so to desire to join the forum but that’s with high hopes of getting them to apply to citizenship.

For the price of putting the region into a security risk?

— Begin quote from ____

For the price of putting the region into a security risk?

— End quote

What’s the security risk?

You are giving people right who doesn’t even take the time to make a citizen application. You can imagine the people who are up to bad going to use it.

— Begin quote from ____

You are giving people right who doesn’t even take the time to make a citizen application. You can imagine the people who are up to bad going to use it.

— End quote

It’s general protections. It’s not rights exactly. That’s reserved for citizens. I view it more of an outreach program.

Indeed if it pass it will attract more people but with more people, bigger the risk.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

It’s general protections. It’s not rights exactly. That’s reserved for citizens. I view it more of an outreach program.

— End quote

An outreach program doesn’t require an amendment to the Concordat.

As we have it, this grants protections to people who join the forum and refuse to ratify the concordat and to people who are endotarting but refuse to ratify the concordat.

Should someone who refuses to ratify the concordat be protected by the same document?

Sent from my BlackBerry Pearl using Tapatalk

What about someone who doesn’t want to interact with forums at all? What about RMBers, who are the most extreme example of this?

What about the literal hundreds of residents who read the rmb and like our region, but don’t have time/don’t wanna make an account for our forums? What about those who can’t even get on our forums? Or those who can’t be citizens due to their IP?

Encurage has provided the best counter argument for this instance, and frankly I should’ve read the document more carefully.

In case of spammers, the Delegate or ROs has to wait for the Viceory to respond, which isn’t really nominal in all honesty.

And what exactly is the security risk?

The Executive can take all actions it deems necessary for the safety of TEP within the already existing legal possibilities. This doesn’t change that. Protected Residents have a right to a summary appeal by the Viceroy, after the fact. And even if a resident should appeal to the Viceroy after some action has been taken, it’s not a full trial, as would be necessary for a Citizen. The enforcement of the RMB Act and other summary offenses stays in place, so RMB spamming can still be moderated as we have been doing for years.

The bill recognizes that various Nations are part of TEP in various ways, and that some of those should have a bare minimum of protections against arbitrary actions of the government. There’s no added security risk. And that’s it.

I have one simple right for Residents and all nations in TEP alike already in effect: The right to exist.

We’ll go from there.

This bill basically gives them that right by allowing them to appeal to a third party.

It also is to promote the endorsement of the Delegate and Viziers. It will be up for a citizen vote after the election.