Domain

I finally edited the DNS for our site, and the new root of our site is now actually

Old links should work, but if there is a problem, let me know.

Huh. This is actually pretty cool, to see theeastpacfic in the domain address in all areas of the forum. Aside from an initial login from going to the www.theeastpacific.com site (I guess it logs you out once one switches over), I don’t see anything wrong. It’s interesting though. Thanks :slight_smile:

Did someone change the links on the NS Factbook yet? I would recommend it, otherwise no one will really use the url!

— Begin quote from ____

Did someone change the links on the NS Factbook yet? I would recommend it, otherwise no one will really use the url!

— End quote

Hmm I didn’t think about that, lol. Yes I’ll change the WFE to reflect the new domain links.

lol, glad I brought it up!

Hey, urm, Under each forum, where it says "->Sub-forums of note: " Most of the links [to the sub-forums] are link to the invisionfree domain(http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_East_Pacific/), which might make it confusing.

In fact, the only one that does NOT redirect to the invisionfree domain is the “Pacific Gamers Alliance” listed under ‘The Lounge’

z1.invisionfree.com” and “www.theeastpacific.com” aren’t places. They are Uniform Resource Locators (urls) that Name Servers use to find 209.X.X.X, which is the forum server. All the links are equally good regardless of which url they use.

erm… I know that, but when I link from the ‘theeastpacific.com’ url to the ‘invisionfree’ one, I have to log in again.

When I said Domain, I meant the URL…

Screwy ain’t it?
:blink:
URLs updated. Well except for Museum, which isn’t. Will put it on Admin cabal to do list.