[ELECTION] Nominations for Provost of the 60th Magisterium

We herald the ascendancy of the 60th Magisterium, marking 15 years of continuous legislative service to The East Pacific.

IMPORTANT

This Election is for the 60th Magisterium, the first session of 2024.

As per the Standing Orders, a Magister may nominate another Magister. Alternatively, a Magister may nominate themselves, but must have another Magister second their nomination.

Should a Magister accept their nomination, they may then create a campaign thread. Should they deny their nomination, or neglect to reply, their candidacy will be invalid.

Nomination period is between: Wednesday, December 27, 2023 1:30 PMSunday, December 31, 2023 1:30 PM

DISCLAIMER

Pursuant to § 3.1.2 of the Standing Orders of the Magisterium, Provost CyberiumShadow will not be standing for election for this upcoming term.

List of Magisters
(15 as of December 28th, 2023)

WA Magisters:

• A mean old man
  • ArenaC
  • Altys
  • Asendavia
  • American-Cascadia
  • CyberiumShadow
  • Dabeez
  • God-Emperor
  • Greenlad
  • Mangegneithe
  • Marrabuk
  • Sammy23
  • Vussul

Non-WA Magisters:

• Kingdom_of_Napels
  • The Ambis

Scheduled LOA:

• Dremaur - 2023-12-06T18:37:00Z2024-01-01T13:00:00Z
  • Halleyscomet08 - 2023-12-14T13:00:00Z → TBA

I nominate Dremaur, Altys and The Ambis.

Also Pax for Dictator.

I nominate Vussul, second Dremaur and the Ambis.

I nominate Sammy, AMOM, Asendavia and AC.

I futilely remind the Magisterium that seconds are only necessary for self-nominations.

I accept my nomination.

I acknowledge Magister Aivintis’ reminder.

I second Altys, Sammy, AMOM, Asendavia, and AC.

1 Like

I accept my nomination

Given that two great options have already accepted their candidacy, and that I don’t think I will perform as correctly as this position requires in my current situation, I fondly appreciate my nomination but I will decline it and wish the best of lucks to the two candidates and to whoever wishes to accept their nomination as well.

We have two, so I’m going to deny my nomination

I am very honored to be considered by my peers as a candidate, but I do not have the stamina currently to keep up with the Provost position for a 3-month term. I believe there are already nominated and accepted candidates that would do a much better job; therefore, I shall respectfully DECLINE my nomination.

I’ve thought it over some, and I appreciate the nomination, but I don’t think I’d currently be able to give the position the attention it would require, so I decline.