[Embassy] Europeia

Looks fun. I might have to show for this.

http://thecontest.webs.com/http://thecontest.webs.com/contest2.jpg

Register and view the rules at http://thecontest.webs.com/

Well, thanks for the heads up, I guess.

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/8133/eurorr1.png
Europeian Foreign Update

August 19[sup]th[/sup], 2009 - 21[sup]st[/sup] Congress, 21[sup]st[/sup] Cabinet, 16[sup]th[/sup] Senate
Population: 559 Nations
Regional Power: Very High

Executive Government
President: Pope Lexus X
Vice President: Lethen
Supreme Chancellor: HEM
Chief of Staff: HEM
Grand Admiral: Triskelel
Foreign Minister: Anumia
Culture Minister: Old Ogastein/Falconias
Interior Minister: Asianatic
World Assembly (WA) Delegate: Kabanatuanistan

Legislative Government
Senate Speaker: Asianatic
Deputy Senate Speaker: Falconias
Senate Clerk: Swakistek
City Council Mayor: Klatonia
Senators:
Lethen (Sr.)
Aramor (Jr.)
Asianatic (Sr.)
Falconias (Sr.)
Anumia (Jr.)
Old Ogastein (Sr.)
Kabanatuanistan (Jr.)
Demataria (Jr.)

Judicial Government
Chief Justice: Nlhp
Associate Justice: Vacant
Associate Justice: Kazaman
Attorney General: Numero
[hr]

General Election Results and the New Cabinet

The Europeian General Elections were held on July 19th. There were many, many people who stood for the Senate, and three presidential teams (consisting of a Presideny and Vice President). There Senate candidates were as follows:

Anumia
Macronamia
Falconias
Ann
Cary
Peaceful Llamas
Telthas
Lethen
Sierra Corleone
Old Ogastein
The Animal Union
Asianatic
Fortana
Swakistek
Demataria
Verteger
Cordova I

The following made it into the Senate out of the candidates: (the amount of votes they received are in brackets):

Anumia 22]
Macronamia 16 ]
Falconias 16 ]
Lethen 21 ]
Old Ogastein 14 ]
Asianatic 15 ]
Demataria 19 ]
Cordova I 16 ]

Macromania was later impeached and replaced by Aramor via a by-election. As for the presidential results, Pope Lexus X was the clear winner:

Macronamia/Jaden Eaglepoint (Europeian Federalist Party) 8 ]
Pope Lexus X/Lethen (Independent Ticket) 11 ]
Asianatic/Anumia (Independent Ticket) 6 ]

The new Cabinet under the Lexus administration has Triskelel re-appointed as the Grand Admiral of the Navy, Anumia as the Foreign Minister, last term’s President Asianatic as the Interior Minister, and Falconias and Old Ogastein as the joint Culture Ministers.

Naval Operation in Geeks Unite

After a week of preparation and training, the Europeian Navy invaded the region of Geeks Unite. Rear Admiral Lethen, Commodore Asianatic and recently re-enlisted Captain Kazaman made their way through beach defenses and inland, where they quickly seized the capital city of Geeks Unite and raised the Europeian flag in triumph!

Although this does not signify a major accomplishment by the standards of most NS militaries today, it does signify some big things for the Europeian Navy. First, we are finally beginning to re-adapt to the update time that is favorable to so many in Europeia; second, its a long-awaited naval victory that has been delayed by so many assorted factors.

The Norfolk Accords

On the 5th of August Europeia hosted a signing ceremony for the Norfolk Accords. This was a historic day which saw two regions who have shared a unique history together finally come together. With the Norfolk Accords, Europeia and Hampshire forged a non-agression pact and a cultural alliance as well as leaving optional clauses for military and intelligence cooperation. We very much look forward to our future together.

Role Playing in Overdrive
Two new role playing games have recently started up in Europeia. The World RP started by Junior Minister of Culture, Aramor, has taken off and is very active. With events happening around every corner and strategy being discussed frequently this game has made the RP sector a very popular space. The World RP is not the only popular role-playing game in Europeia, the 2016 United States Presidential Role Play ran by Supreme Chancellor, HEM, is also popular. Currently in the Primary Stage, Iowa is the only completed primary, with New Hampshire schedule for today. On the GOP side, Livingston Weld is leading the pack with 54 delegates, while Paul Arsan is trailing with 42 and Elton Philips is nowhere to be seen with 4. Over on the DNC, LaQueefsha Clinton is in the lead with 51 delegates, with Skyler Klemme at 23 and David Rodgers as 22, Lenin Cat can not be found with 4 delegates. Role Play has been re-energized in Europeia.

Tensions Begin due to the Presidential Race
Sparks are flying in the presidential race, which is currently over a month away. Cordova I has announced his EFP nomination and the campaigning as already started to begin with a speech. In this speech, the idea of looking into the plausibility of an economy has had several other members angered. Many were saying that an economy would not work and it would be stupid to even try. Many of the members in their criticism failed to realize that an economy was not promised but merely going to be looked into. Some have called the recent early campaigning unnecessary.

Written by Kazaman, Old Ogastein & Pope Lexus X

Dear East Pacific,

The Europeian Foreign Affairs Ministry is doing a little housecleaning to try to get rid of the cobwebs in the corners of our forums, and we noticed that we haven’t heard from you in a bit.

Please drop by soon- either with a update, or even just a wave and a ‘hi’! We’d greatly appreciate it, and look forward to hearing from you.

-Sincerely,
The Europeian Foreign Affairs Ministry
Asianatic, Europeian Foreign Affairs Minister
Jaden Eaglepoint, Ambassador

We would love to, though last time I checked, I didn’t see an embassy for us!

— Begin quote from ____

We would love to, though last time I checked, I didn’t see an embassy for us!

— End quote

Well there is one now. :smiley:

Europeian Foreign Update XXX

September 12[sup]th[/sup], 2009 - 21[sup]st[/sup] Congress, 21[sup]st[/sup] Cabinet, 16[sup]th[/sup] Senate
Population: 557 Nations

Executive Government
Grand Admiral: Triskelel
Foreign Minister: Asianatic
Culture Minister: Old Ogastein
Interior Minister: Aramor

Legislative Government
Deputy Senate Speaker: Falconias
City Council Mayor: Jaden Eaglepoint
Senators:
Lethen
Aramor
Asianatic
Falconias
Anumia
Old Ogastein
Kabanatuanistan
Demataria

Judicial Government
Chief Justice:Vacant
Associate Justice: Euphobes
Associate Justice: Macronamia
Attorney General:Vacant
[hr]
For Release
President Lexus X, on September 2nd, 2009, made the following declaration:

— Begin quote from ____

As you all no doubt are aware, just recently the Liberation resolution passed the WA Security Council with a greater than 4:1 ratio of support. Consequently, those in NS that support the original actions of Catlandatopia to steal and progressively destroy the region of Feudal Japan to the detriment of an active region - active regions becoming a precious commodity in this day and age - have swooped in to try to help CLT uphold this unjust action of theirs.

Several years ago, when I was but a young NS politician I came across Feudal Japan. I was inspired by their creation of a region around the culture of a real life country, and this influenced me when making my own region. This region has been in captivity for three years. This has moved beyond the realms of fun or conquest or aiding a dying region; it is a pathetic and petty occupation of a region which has tried to rescue itself on many occasions.

This is my and my cabinet’s opinion as we and the greater NS world at large are in staunch opposition to this, as shown by the landslide approval of the Liberation resolution in our region and in the Security Council itself. That is why I pledge today that Europeia shall be committed to seeing the Catlandatopian forces and their allies overwhelmed and thrown out of the region, and we shall urge other regions to work together in light of this common goal.

We, as the largest userite region in NationStates, have a duty to remain at the forefront of affairs of great import such as this, and must not shy away from noble and honourable actions such as these. We supported the Liberation resolution, now we must support the Liberation.

That is all,
~Lex

— End quote

Governmental Affairs
New Cabinet Position
President Lexus X recently announced the new Cabinet position of Chief of Staff, or CoS. The Chief of Staff:

— Begin quote from ____

i)The Chief of Staff is the personal aide and advisor to the President.
ii)The Chief of Staff is the main communicator between Tomlinson St and Goldenblock Avenue.
iii)The Chief of Staff is third in command of the executive under the Vice President.
iv) The Chief of Staff must be appointed by the President and approved by the Senate at the start of every term.

— End quote

Supreme Chancellor HEM was appointed as the first Chief of Staff, and was confirmed quickly.

Cabinet Shuffle
Former Vice President Anumia recently resigned from his post as Minister of Foreign Affairs. President Lexus had this to say:

— Begin quote from ____

Anumia is one of our greatest citizens and it is sad to see him go, but his replacement, former President Aurora will do wonderful things with the foreign affairs department.

— End quote

Shining newcomer and Senator Aramor filled the vacant post of Minister of Interior.

Former Culture Minister Falconias also resigned from his post, citing RL pressures.

A Cultural Splash
The holiday season is over and the Euro University has opened up his doors to the aspiring undergraduates of Europeia . Under the Dean Macronamia’s leadership several classes were made available for the students. Students can enroll in classes such as World History, Asian Arts, Law and Legal Affairs, Psychology and European History. It is educational but most of all, fun.

The Anumian School of Law and Legal Affairs is an entirely new school bearing the name of one of Europeia’s finest judges. Councilor Oliver Grey holds the professorship in what promises to be an heavily subscribed course.

The Euro University is only one of the many aspects in which members can debate, have fun and learn from each other.

And just a skip and hop away from the Uni, the regional RP area has seen a fast rise in activity, as World RP was spectacularly revived by Senator Aramor. After exhausting all the possible battlegrounds here on Planet Earth, a new frontier has approached- Space. Nations are all flocking to launch space programs, launching the World RP section to bigger and better heights!

Europeia’s own Dark Lord, Khalid of Lebenshauf has also created Fantasy RP, which feature everything from communist elves to minotaurs!

In the High Court…
Former President and Chief Justice nlhp stepped down from his post as head of the High Court of Europeia earlier this week. As precedent for this is uncertain, the matter of Chief Justice by-elections is before the court, now consisting of newly appointed Associate Justices Macronamia and Euphobes.

Legislative Happenings
After a signing ceremony, The Norfolk Accords passed the Senate with an overwhelming majority and was signed again, celebrating the close relationship that Hampshire and Europeia hold.

In other legislative news, a flurry of amendments to the City Council Charter, known as Ordinances, were presented to the President to be signed, as Speaker Asianatic rediscovered the Ordinance Approval Law, which required all Ordinances to be signed by the President, that had been ignored for a while.

Two recent Pre-Acts were proposed and passed almost unanimously by the City Council, Europeia’s lay-legislative body, then failed almost unanimously by the Senate. The Senate cited redundancy as the reason for failing them both.

Election Fever
The election season has been underway in Europeia for about a week now, and the debates have been white hot. Competition for Senate seats and the highly coveted Office of the President are extremely high. There is no doubt that this exciting election season is going to be the first of many more.

The two Presidential candidates are Pope Lexus X, a well-known and highly experienced NS player, and Cordova I, who is an extremely patriotic Europeian native. Pope Lexus is running for the Europeian Citizens’ Centrist Party, whereas Cordova is running for the Europeian Federalist Party, which has unfortunately collapsed (more information on this below).

The ECCP is focusing on a strong executive and a productive Europeia, and the EFP has it’s eyes set on an economy and cultural development. Much criticism has been voiced about both platforms. The EFP platform has been called void and empty of any concrete ideas, and the ECCP platform has been dubbed anti-change - anti-change derives from Cordova’s main ticket, change for the sake of cultural progression.

Recently, however, Cordova had pressing real life issues to attend to, and the EFP has collapsed. Many of their prominent members have left, and some have even joined the ECCP. Cordova has not, however, withdrawn from the Presidential race. However, in Cordova’s absence, a groundswell of support has heated up for newcomer and former City Council mayor Klatonia, and who knows where that campaign will go?

The Senate race has been far less heated, however there are a lot of qualified candidates. At last count, there were sixteen individuals seeking either re-election or election, and with the constantly fluctuating numbers, this election seems too close to call.

There is no doubt in anybody’s mind that the Presidential and Senate races will be very, very close, and that they are perhaps rather unpredictable. Regardless, Europeia will choose their new President and Senate on September the 18th, when they hit the polls.

Newsprint
Europeian Post Excerpt-Councilor and Culture Junior Minister Oliver Grey

— Begin quote from ____

For the past four days, the Committee of the Whole has been examining referenda, their possible applications in Europeia, and whether they’re even necessary with the existence of the City Council. Cary, notable for being a communist, had this to say: “[T]he people must have the right to override the senate, I am fine with ether the public or the CC doing it, as long as it gets done.” He then suggested that this was a mere bare minimum, and did not entirely jive with his true beliefs. Kabanatuastan provided the opposing view, arguing that “the senate should not be overrdiden. If the people have a problem with their government then they can simply run themselves and make a change.” This debate seems now to be focusing on the future and powers of the City Council, and will continue to be a fascinating read.

— End quote

Snippet from the Republican Warrior- Ensign Aramor and Rear Admiral Asianatic

— Begin quote from ____

The Europeian Republican Navy recently withdrew from Palochaninalandia after successfully capturing it. The Navy invaded Palochaninalandia early on Wednesday morning quickly crushing resistance. The Navy made a specific effort to leave the indigenous population unharmed.

The Europeian Republican Navy has also recently created the formation of a Naval High Command.  Grand Admiral Triskelel, as commanding officer, appointed Vice Admiral Lethen to the post of Executive Officer and Rear Admiral Asianatic as Operations Officer.  In accordance with the update change, the Europeian Navy has also been split into two fleets, both under the command of Naval High Command.

— End quote

[hr]
Thank you for reading this foreign update! http://z6.invisionfree.com/Europeia/index.php! Stay tuned for us for some post-election news!
Written and edited by: Foreign Minister Asianatic, Junior Ministers Kazaman, Khalid of Lebenshauf, Carracalla, Fortana, and Taren

Europeian Foreign Update XXXI

October 11[sup]th[/sup], 2009 - 22[sup]nd[/sup] Congress, 22[sup]nd[/sup] Cabinet, 17[sup]th[/sup] Senate
Population: 674 Nations

Executive Government
Grand Admiral: Kazaman
Culture Minister: Macronamia
Interior Minister: Aramor

Legislative Government
Senate Speaker: Klatonia
Deputy Senate Speaker: Aramor
City Council Mayor: Demataria
Senators:
Ryanotia
Asianatic
Aramor
Lethen
Anumia
Klatonia
HEM
Macronamia
Nlhp

Judicial Government
Chief Justice:Oliver Grey
Associate Justice: Old Ogastein
Associate Justice: Peaceful Llamas
Attorney General:Vacant
[hr]
For Release
President Lexus X, on September 30th, 2009, made the following declaration:

— Begin quote from ____

Ladies and gentlemen of Europeia!

Today is a great day. Several weeks ago I publicly announced that Europeia would give all its support in the liberation of Feudal Japan, a region which had been occupied for six-hundred and seventy six days. Today I announce that we have successfully played our part to liberate Feudal Japan!

We are no strangers to invading, and some will see us as hypocrites for our part yesterday evening, but I say to you and to those critics, that our actions were not simply the liberation of an invaded region. It was a merciless and unnecessary occupation, sustained solely for the self-satisfaction of a declining power.

Today we announce our triumph along with all other regions who joined us, and who we joined. We are not defenders by trade or by nature, but we are a region of integrity and it is because of this that we decided that the occupying forces in Feudal Japan had gone too far.

Europeia, we have done a great thing today, and so I ask you all to acknowledge the greatness of the acts done by every member of the Europeian Navy.

Sailors, thank you.

— End quote

Governmental Affairs

Election Fever!
Senate Elections, Round 1
The Senate election was marked with little campaigning. 16 people campaigned, with 9 seats availible. Also toward the end of campaigning, Cordova I stated that his girlfriend had a serious illness, and he had to leave, abandoning both his Presidential campaign as well as his Senatorial one. However, he was never officially removed from the ballot, which gathered votes that could have gone toward other candidates.
Presenting the new Senators of Europeia:

— Begin quote from ____

Asianatic [28]
Anumia [28]
HEM [28]
Klatonia [27]
Lethen [26]
Oliver Grey [24]
Aramor [22]

— End quote

As there were two seats left, there was a runoff election held to determine the last two senators, with the results being as follows:

— Begin quote from ____

Nhlp [11]
Macronamia [14]
Kabanatuanistan [6]

— End quote

… which put Nhlp and Macronamia as new Senators. Congratulations to them all!

The runner-ups:

— Begin quote from ____

Kabanatuanistan [19]
Kazaman [18]
Ryanotia [13]
Old Ogastein [9]
Taren [9]
Cordova I [7]
Rezaxushan [5]

— End quote

Presidential Election
In contrast to the Senate elections, the Presidential election was marked heated debate. The original candidates were Cordova I of the Europeian Federalist Party, and Pope Lexus X of the Eurupeian Citizens’ Centrist Party. Cordova I launched his campaign by reaffirming his support for an economy in NS, a topic of major debate. Supporters of the idea said that the City Council had failed twice, but now was better than ever. Why not implement it again? Opponents of the idea stated that NS economies don’t work without a code, as the man hours nessescary would deter most.

HEM also held a Presidential Debate, featuring the topics: recruitment, military, term limits, expanded executive, and foriegn affairs. However, due to aforementioned reasons, Cordova I had to drop out, with only a week left. This left Pope Lexus X unopposed. In a stunning comeback, former Mayor Klatonia, of the Conservatives, ran the ballot with HEM as his running mate. He supported legislative clean up, among other ideas.

These were the results:

— Begin quote from ____

Cordova I & Old Ogastein [0]
Pope Lexus X & Lethen [22]
Klatonia & HEM [21]

— End quote

This is surely the closest race since November of 2007, and the race was too close to call, and bounced back and forth the entire day, keeping both candidates on tenterhooks.

Chief Justice Elections
The Chief Justice elections were the feature of much political flaming. The contestants were Falconias, Oliver Grey, Old Ogastein, and Peaceful Llamas. A big topic of debate was Old Ogastein wanting the Attourney General to be appointed, and to be a cabinet level position. Many questioned how this was related to being appointed to a judicial branch, which led to minor attacks from Falconias and Oliver Grey. This led to attacks from Old Ogastein, which started a small flame war. Nonetheless, the polls were started:

— Begin quote from ____

Falconias [7]
Oliver Grey [12]
Old Ogastein [10]
Peaceful Llamas [4]

— End quote

Congratulations to Oliver Grey! However, this led to Oliver Grey dropping out of his Senate seat, and called for a by-election.

Senate Election, Take 2

— Begin quote from ____

Kabanatuanistan [4]
Ryanotia [9]

— End quote

Congrats to Ryantonia!

Mhrrrk…Intense stuff, isn’t it?

Cabinet Appointments
Congratulations to newly-appointed Grand Admiral Kazaman and Culture Minister Macronamia. Along with those new individuals, Foreign Minister Asianatic and Interior Minister Aramor were asked to return in the fourth Lexus administration, along with Chief of Staff HEM.

Executive Staff
One of the President’s campaign ideas was implemented earlier this term- the executive staff serves to create more jobs for newer citizens as well as to create a more transparent executive.

Chief of Staff HEM resumed his role, following his appointment last term, and serves as an important advisor to the President. In his words, his job is:

— Begin quote from ____

Every week I try to issue an agenda of things we will do, and (work) behind the scenes to further the goals of the President.

— End quote

Senate Speaker Klatonia is his Deputy Chief of Staff. He works closely with his superior on a variety of issues. He aids other members of the executive staff as well as fills in for absent ministers. He describes himself as

— Begin quote from ____

a universal [Junior Minister] who reports to the Chief of Staff

— End quote

The position of Senate Commissioner is not a new one, but it’s position in the Executive Staff is. Held by Carracalla, the SC is tasked with learning about public opinion pertaining to measures being considered by the Senate, and reporting those opinions to the Senate.

Last but certainly not least, Deputy Mayor Michael Issacs completes the staff as Press Secretary. He compiles reports on the activities of our government to share and discuss with its citizenry. He is also tasked with holding most of the weekly press conferences.

Stay tuned to find out how well this experiment works!

A Cultural Splash
As usual, it seems like our culture area is booming with new ideas and plans for the future. With Macronamia newly appointed as the Minister of Culture, we all know that great things are in plan for our region. Stopping off first at our University a new Dean has been appointed: Swakistek!

Heading over to the debating area, a new debate has been opened about the H1N1 vaccine and whether–if you had the choice–you would get it or not. Let’s see who can prove their opinion the strongest.

Jumping onto the coming events, a thread discussing Halloween is already opened and shows promise for this month’s spooky holiday. Already planning for Christmas has started, with Fliyan saying, “We shall dance to the world from December to January invite all places we have embassies at and here also we shall have all our armed forces in santa clothes.” High hopes are held for these plans, the new debate, and the new appointed Minister and Dean!

Legislative Happenings
Junior Senator Klatonia was elected to the post of Speaker by his peers, and he wasted no time in getting started. The Speaker has already fostered discussion on public referenda and put forth a new way of presenting ad-hoc committees.

Currently in the Senate, intense debate about the number of houses Europeia should have is underway.

On the other side of the Hill, Demataria was elected as the new City Council Mayor! Congratulations!

In other news, Anumia was given a new nickname= Annoying-mia!

Population Surge
Europeia has recently undergone a dramatic and rapid growth in population as we’ve seen two amazing recruiters emerge from the pack- a huge thank you goes out to both caracalla and new arriver Common-Sense Politics. The huge growth was sparked on by the gauntlet thrown by President Lexus as he promised a medal to anybody that beat his total. Surprisingly, that was the only encouragement needed to spark intense competition.

Scandals Abound
Karputsk/Lmaooofl Scandal Renewed
Recently, there was a movement to reinstate the previously revoked citizenship of one Karputsk. As some may know, he was once in Europeia under the guise of “Lmaooofl”, and was suspected to have been spying on the region. He was tried for High Treason, however slipped away from that charge by pleading guilty to a lesser one. His original plea agreement required that 75% of Senators approve his citizenship reinstatement; in the process of this discussion, several interesting concepts were brought up, including the creation of a second-class citizen status and individualized legislation- Speaker Klatonia certainly had a lot on his hands trying to moderate this one! However, in the end, a 75% assent was not reached.

Lethen Scandal Born
On the heels of the Karp debate, several newer members, of the Conservative Party in particular, took offense to a comment that Vice President Lethen’s comment that he occasionally used his abilities as an administrator to view private party forums. This led to a plethora of conflicts between various members of the region, and we’re extremely happy to say that it ended well.

[hr]
Thank you for reading this foreign update! http://z6.invisionfree.com/Europeia/index.php!
Written and edited by: Foreign Minister Asianatic, Interior Minister Aramor, Junior Ministers Kazaman, Common-Sense Politics and Earth22

Thanks!

Hello TEP,

I’m Cordova I, Europeia’s new Ambassador.

Europeian Foreign Update XXXIII

November 28[sup]th[/sup], 2009 - 23[sup]rd[/sup] Congress, 23[sup]rd[/sup] Cabinet, 18[sup]th[/sup] Senate
Population: 656 Nations
Regional Power: Extremely High

Executive Government
President: Aramor
Chief of Staff: Macronamia
Grand Admiral: Ryanotia
Culture Minister: Cambover
Interior Minister: Rezaxushan

Legislative Government
Senate Speaker: Common-Sense Politics
Deputy Senate Speaker: Old Ogastein
City Council Mayor: Demataria
Senators:
Anumia
Asianatic
Cambover
Carracalla
Common-Sense Politics
Falconias
Kazaman
Old Ogastein
Ryanotia

Judicial Government
Chief Justice: Cordova I
Associate Justice: Common-Sense Politics
Associate Justice: Peaceful Llamas
Attorney General: William Bettingham
[hr]

Governmental Affairs

The Race for the Europeian Presidency
As little as a couple weeks before the next president of Europeia would be elected, there were no candidates. The future of Europeia’s executive branch was very much in question for the first time in quite awhile.

A short campaign was abandoned by Supreme Chancellor HEM when his choice of a vice presidential candidate, Old Ogastein, became subject of heated debate.

Once again, Europeia was left with no apparent successor to President Lethen and speculation as to who may step forward continued.

Shortly thereafter, the relatively young rising star Aramor officially announced his intent to pursue the presidency. He ran with the full backing of the Europeian Citizens’ Centrist Party with Lethen on the ticket as his runningmate.

However he would not run unopposed. Culture Minister Macronamia soon announced his own candidacy as an independent candidate. He chose Kazaman for the bottom of his ticket.

Early polls showed Aramor comfortably ahead of “Mac” but that did not stop this underdog from fighting it out to the very end. Though both candidates were in agreement on the vast majority of issues, Supreme Chancellor HEM called a presidential debate which ran right up until the polls opened. Macronamia was the clear winner of the debate, though still, enthusiasm and inspiration were lacking in this contest.

The results of the election were closer than first expected however Aramor still managed to win comfortably, nineteen votes to Macronamia’s twelve. Both candidates ran a clean yet hard-fought campaign and we, as a region, are grateful to them for that.

President Aramor recieved the full confidence of Europeia and got straight to work, appointing his cabinet. He appointed his former opponent Chief of Staff. Ryanotia was appointed Grand Admiral, head of our armed forces. Asiantic stayed on as Foreign Affairs Minister and newcomer Cambover recieved the Culture Minister position. After Minister Carracalla was forced to resign his spot as Interior Minister, long lost friend of the region Rezaxushan was chosen to fill in.

We as a region, are optimistic and hopeful that President Aramor will lead Europeia to new heights and preserve all that those before him worked so hard to achieve. We hope you will join us in wishing him and his administration the best.

The Europeian Senate Marathon
The Senate Elections saw the following 18 people running for 9 seats, with their respective votes:

Asianatic- 24
Ryanotia- 19
Aramor- 19
Cambover- 17
Kabanatuanistan- 12
Carracalla- 18
Falconias- 15
Kazaman- 13
Anumia- 22
NasalivesII- 3
Old Ogastein- 13
Fortana- 11
Telthas- 8
Dominius Aurelius- 4
Vanascian States- 3
IndolentDan- 6
William Bettingham- 9
Common-Sense Politics- 21

A mild panic began to spread through Europeia in the middle of election season, as it saw the withdrawl of a multitude of candidates, due to personal reasons, and it wasn’t until the time towards elections started to wane that we saw the final couple of candidates stand to run.

This election was also notable because a number of veterans and accomplished members, including HEM, Lethen, and Klatonia, declined to run in this race, citing either a desire to get more invovled in the City Council, Europeia’s lay-legislative body, or personal reasons.

This left the winning 9 Senators to be thus:

Asianatic 24 ]
Ryanotia 19 ]
Cambover 17 ]
Carracalla 18 ]
Falconias 15 ]
Kazaman 13 ]
Anumia 22 ]
Old Ogastein 13 ]
Common-Sense Politics 21 ]

Note: Aramor did not win, because he was elected President, and a recent Europeian law prevents a member from holding both a position as a Senator and as President.

Congratulations to all, especially to Speaker Common-Sense Politics and Deputy Speaker Old Ogastein. This Senate sees a 4 member plurality from the National Conservative Party, a 3 member opposition from the Europeian Citizens’ Centrist Party, and a 2 member independent faction.

A New Relationship Thrives
Europeia’s now proud to announce a new alliance with the Impeirum. We sincerely hope that this treaty is just the beginning to future goodwill between our two regions. Europeia has offered to help out militarily with this new, flourishing region as they share their recruitment technology with us. Please also stay turned for some exciting cultural partnerships that will be announced soon.

Hail The Imperium!

Hail Europeia!

Legislative Ramblings

The Senate, this term, has seen some lively and fierce debates, even in the short space of time since the election. The issues discussed have been contentious, and their changes far reaching. The major topics of debate so far have been the introduction of a court-appeals system, University independence legislation, amendments to the City Council charter and the repealing of the Europeian Anthem act.

Debate on the appeals process bill, written by Sen. Falconias, was particularly heated, especially with many Senators, including Senators Anumia and Asianatic, debating the viability and usefullness of an appeal-by-jury system made up of citizens. It’s posed to come to some sort of an explosive conclusion. Senator Falconias’s bill has also come under attack by Klatonia, who made a brief reappearance to condemn the bill and Councilor Oliver Grey, who is working on an appeals system of his own.

The focus of Europeia’s largest lay-legislative body this term was, conversely, smaller tweaks to the law books. So far, there have been acts towards reforming the spum Control Act, and discussing a Majority Rule Ordinance and a Court Procedure Revision Act.

Mayoral elections are currently ongoing, between Demataria, seeking re-election for a fourth time, and the relatively new Attorney General William Bettingham.

[hr]
Thank you for reading this foreign update! http://z6.invisionfree.com/Europeia/index.php!
Edited by Foreign Minister Asianatic, Written by President Aramor, Chief of Staff Macronamia, Junior Ministers Karthikking and Common-Sense Politics

Thanks for the update!

To the region of [region’s name],

It seems that we haven’t heard from you in a while, which is a shame. We’d love to hear about your latest exploits and regional news- so come on by again please!

On behalf of the foreign ministry of Europeia, we regret to inform you that your region’s embassy is being considered for closure due to inactivity. We certainly don’t want that to happen, but we hope you understand. If we do not receive new activity by Dec. 21- even if it’s simply your ambassador dropping by and checking in- your embassy will be marked for closure, and we will assume that your region is not interested in continuing foreign relations at this time.

If we do close your embassy, please feel free to reapply at anytime- this is simply a routine house-keeping chore, to dust out the cobwebs in our embassies from time to time. Again, we’d love to hear from you again, and if we don’t by Dec. 21, we’ll be forced to close your embassy.

Stay safe during this holiday madness shopping season, and we hope to hear from you soon! Also, expect an invite soon to WinterFest '09!

-Wishing you all the best,
http://i43.tinypic.com/nlwryc.png
Asianatic Aurora Anacreoni-Anumia Elessar Envinyatar Grey
Foreign Minister of Europeia

So liek, I’m ur new Ambassadorz.

Can has mask? https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592188.0653-smiley.gif?ttinline=true

Hmm, now this is super awesome news!

:blink: i don’ts get it :S

*Dyr Nasad waves to Anumia

Super Awesome news indeed!

REGIONAL UPDATE XXXVI
March 19th, 2010
27th Congress, 27th Cabinet, 22nd Senate
Population: 594 Strong & Proud Nations

Executive Government
President: Falconias
Vice-President: Carracalla
Chief of Staff: Swakistek
Grand Admiral: Eklypso
Foreign Minister: Common-Sense Politics
Interior Minister: karthikking
Culture Minister: Demataria
World Assembly Delegate: Demataria

Legislative Government
Deputy Senate Speaker: Common-Sense Politics
City Council Mayor: Dyr Nasad
Senators:
Anumia (Independent)
Asianatic (Independent)
Common-Sense Politics (Independent)
HEM (Independent)
Karthikking (National Conservative Party)
Kazaman (Independent)
Lethen (Independent)
Vacant
Swakistek (National Conservative Party)

Judicial Government
Chief Justice: Cordova I
Associate Justice: Anumia
Associate Justice: Jusduckria
Associate Justice: Pope Lexus X
Attorney General: Peaceful Llamas
[hr]
Message from the President
by Falconias

Ladies and gentlemen, of Europeia and beyond;

Thank you for receiving not only our extended format update, but for continuing relations with Europeia. We value all of our friends and family across NationStates, and thank everyone for their dedication to this game and the communities within.

Europeia is undergoing a time of change; I was elected as President with the understanding that I would bring positive change to the region. Many of these changes have already begun implementation; our government is working hard to make Europeia the best region it possibly can be.

With regards to the Navy, I feel I owe our military friends an apology. While I cannot take the entirety of blame for the fiasco that was a recent raid, it is shameful that the President of Europeia and so-called military expert, made a critical error in judgment on a raid. Whether the raid was an official raid or not is irrelevant; it is unacceptable conduct from the Commander-in-Chief of the Europeian Navy and it will not happen again.

That being said, our Navy is more active than it ever has been. Unfortunately our Grand Admiral Rougiers has made a personal decision to announce his temporary leave from the Navy, but has graciously announced he will wait until I find a suitable replacement. Thus I do not plan on there being any lull in Navy activity, but expect an announcement to come in the next few weeks about a new Grand Admiral.

Our Culture Department has started off well; as some of you witnessed, Todd McCloud visited the region history and gave a highly interesting and engaging story of his history in NationStates and answered several questions primarily from our members. His story is viewable in the EuroUniversity for our friends and allies to see as well. Please note that all are welcome to come to our NS Celebrity Weeks; and there will be another “celebrity” coming in next weekend or the weekend after and all will be invited to attend.

As President of Europeia I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavours and feel free to visit Europeia any time.

Regards,

Falconias
President of Europeia
[hr]
Election Season in Europeia
by Jusduckria

It was an exciting election time for Europeians. Pope Lexus X stated he wasn’t going to run, and onto the field emerged two candidates: the then-Grand Admiral, Common-Sense Politics, and then-Senator and Senate Speaker, Falconias. Each candidate received close scrutiny, with much commentary about naval policy. At the close of voting, on February 25th, at 6:05 A.M. Europeian Standard Time, with 22 votes to 15, Falconias was declared the winner.

And things didn’t end there! All of the Senators were up for re-election as well. 9 Senate seats, and 16 candidates:
Falconias
Draigona
Lethen
Anumia
Cambover
Karputsk
Kazaman
Rougiers
karthikking
Common-Sense Politics
Swakistek
Asianatic
Sopo
HEM
Cary
Peaceful Llamas

At the end of voting, on February 25th, at 6:55 A.M. Europeian Standard Time, the following Senators were declared the winners*:
Anumia 29 ] [87.30%]
Common-Sense Politics 27 ] [81.27%]
Lethen 26 ] [78.30%]
Swakistek 26 ] [78.30%]
Rougiers 23 ] [69.21%]
Asianatic 20 ] [60.21%]
Cambover 18 ] [54.18%]
HEM 18 ] [54.18%]
karthikking 15 ] [45.18%]

• Falconias resigned his seat upon winning the Presidency and is not included here
      Note: percentages approximated from estimated number of voters

Cambover, however, later resigned his seat due to RL issues, prompting a by-election, which will be covered below. Roguiers also resigned a Senate seat.
[hr]
End of a City Council Era
by Old Ogastein

Seven Term City Council Mayor Demataria announced that he would not be seeking re-election, ending a long hold on the position. In a close fought battle, Dyr Nasad beat Fortana in a 9-8 vote. PhDre was announced as the Deputy Mayor quickly after the election.

Two pre-acts have been proposed in the Council since the election. The Off Topic Act as proposed by Cary was quickly shot down, while the WA Procedures Act has passed.
[hr]
Medals Awarded
by Falconias

Several medals were awarded before press time. Two of the medals were statistic-based, while the rest were simply deserved.

The first two medals were varying classes of the Order of Community; an award given to those who have sent a certain amount of telegrams. Karthikking was awarded the Order of Community Third Class for sending over 5000 telegrams, while Asianatic was awarded the Order of Community First Class for sending over a whopping 10000 telegrams. Congratulations!

The next medal given was also awarded to Asianatic. She was awarded the Order of Courage for her dedication and service to the Navy since joining Europeia.

The next medal awarded was a medal traditionally given to dedication to Ministries or legislative bodies, but instead it was awarded for dedication to the EuroUniversity. Swakistek is the recipient of this medal for dedicating his time to the EuroUniversity project whilst finding time to scrutinize the laws of Europeia and finding ways to simplify everything.

Finally, the most prestigious medal awarded of the day was to Nlhp, who was awarded the Order of Service to Europeia, a medal most often given to retirees who left Europeia with outstanding contributions. A former President and Chief Justice of Europeia, Nlhp was highly deserving of this award.

[hr]
Europeian Reublican Navy Update
by Karthikking
So far the ERN has reached magnificent new heights, coming out of a deep hole of failed raids. With two straight victories in a row under the new Grand Admiral Rougiers, and a new structure things are definitely looking up for the ERN.

Rougiers also took it upon himself to reorganize the Navy. He altered the ranking system and implemented a much-needed testing system to weed out the poor and/or inactive sailors. So far the new testing program is 40% complete and according to the Grand Admiral, will be done very soon. Rougiers set up the ranking system to look like this:

Grand Admiral
Rear Admiral
Commodore
Captain
Lieutenant
Ensign
Midshipmen

Due to this marvelous idea, there are no longer empty positions, with many midshipmen.

As talked about previously, 2 raids have occured in quick succesion. Operation Firebird took over the old defender region of Central Europe, while Operation Crusade took over the region of Pagan. In Operation Firebird, after the sucessful takeover, the region remained quiet and no defender activity was to be found. The sailors who made it for that raid were Rougiers, Common-Sense Politics, Eklypso, Modern Sin and Karthikking. And in Operation Crusade, soon after the takeover of Pagan, defenders left us dumbfounded. About 10 defenders entered the region, but none of them were WA members. Soon after, they all left the region. The sailors who showed up on-time for that raid were Rougiers, Earth22, and Karthikking.

Shortly thereafter, Rougiers announced that due to an increase in RL commitments, he would regrettably leaving the Navy after starting what looked to be a term full of promise and accomplishments. President Falconias quickly nominated Eklypso to fill the position of Grand Admiral, which was confirmed by the Senate.
[hr]
An Important Milestone
by Asianatic

Europeians celebrated in a psychedelic fashion on March 6th, as citizens celebrated Europeia’s third birthday. Europeia has most certainly come far in the three years we’ve been around, and drinks…most certainly flowed freely.

Europeia was started in March of 2007. The region’s early days saw a forum deletion and two constitutions, and unfortunately, Europeia was plagued with inactivity. However, Europeia, under the leadership of Supereme Chancellor HEM, soon rallied, and matters were only helped with the arrival of Lethen. Today, Lethen is considered one of the regions most influential members, despite rumors that stated he wanted nothing to do with HEM’s new region at Europeia’s inception.

Europeia saw a huge population boom the summer of 2008, and from there, we’ve never looked back. President Pope Lexus X was, arguably, the greatest president Europeia saw for a long while, and he, working in concert with HEM, brought the region to what it is today.
[hr]
WAD Election and Senate By-Election
by Earth22

Three government officials resigned since our last update—our WAD Oliver Grey and Senators Cambover and Rougiers. Quickly after their resignations, elections were held with many capable citizens running for both positions. For the WAD position the following stood: Demataria, our lovely Culture Minister, Karputsk, Jusduckria, an Associate Justice, and Tylus the Great, a relative newbie.
The results were as follows:
— Begin quote from ____

Demataria: 18
Karputsk: 2
Jusduckria: 7
Tylus the Great: 1

— End quote

Congratulations and Good Luck to Demataria!
Onto the Senate elections, the following stood: Kazaman, Fortana, Old Ogastein, and Draigona. All three candidates were very qualified and were sure to have done a great job.
The results were:
— Begin quote from ____

Kazaman: 14
Fortana: 6
Draigona: 6
Old Ogastein: 5

— End quote

Congratulations to Kazaman; you’re sure to do a great job.

The date for Senator Rougiers’ by-election has yet to be settled. At current, two candidates have emerged: phDre and Old Ogastein.

This concludes the latest Special Elections in Europeia.
[hr]
New Senate Paying Attention to Detail
by Old Ogastein

With a new Senate recently elected, the Senate first needed to elect a Speaker. In a relatively close vote, former Speaker Asianatic gained a majority and became Speaker, defeating Senator Swakistek and Senator Common-Sense Politics, who received three and zero votes, respectively.

The Senate quickly got down to work and have been mostly changing things to make them more concise and clean, with several pieces of clean-up legislature flying through the Senate, including amendments to the Citizenship Act and the Chief of Staff Act. Also, an updated Criminal Code of Europeia was proposed, cataloging and organizing crime descriptions and punishments in the region. This term, it looks like quality is the focus, and many of the proposed acts have been simplifying, combining, or simply getting rid of outdated legislation.
[hr]
The Europeian Foreign Ministry thanks you for taking the time to read this edition of our foreign update. We look forward to hearing news from you; please feel welcome to stop by your embassy at any time.

This regional update was edited by President Falconias and Minister of Foreign Affairs Common-Sense Politics.