[Embassy] Europeia

Welcome to the new home of your embassy within the new and improved Embassy Row! It is the hope of the Embassy Authority that our new look will allow you to more easily carry out all your diplomatic duties here in the East Pacific.

• The Ambassador General

Thank you for creating this Embassy for us. https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592186.587-smiley.gif?ttinline=true

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/8133/eurorr1.png
Weekly Europeian Foreign Update
[hr]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j113/theflagmaker/Europeia.png
Nov.5th/07, 9th Congress, 9th Cabinet, 4th Senate
Population: 97 Nations
Regional Power: Moderate
UN Delegate: Helpfulboots/Nlhp

Executive Government:
Supreme Chancellor: HEM
President: Pineapleboy
Vice President: Lethen
Chief Justice: Pez201
Associate Justice: HEM
Grand Admiral: HEM (retiring)
Foreign Secretary: Cordova I
Culture Minister: Gladius
Immigration Minister: Vacant
Provincial General: The Frenchman
Finance Minster: Vacant
Junior Foreign Secretary: Revengerous
Junior Secretaries (All other departments): Vacant

Legislative Government:
Senate Speaker: Lethen
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Verteger
Nlhp
Vacant
NasalivesII

Vice-President Paleomiz resigns and leaves Europeia!
This is a very sad day for Europeia, the end of an era and the end of a golden age.
Lethen is appointed Vice-President by the President until elections are called later this month.

Presidential/Senatorial Campaigns
The campaigns have started one month early and there are many more senate candidates than before. In the presidential race, the leaders of public opinion polls are Lethen and Danoboy. Elections are called for Nov. 23

HEM temporarily appoints Lethen as Acting Chancellor
Due to RL issues, HEM temporarily appoints Lethen as Acting Chancellor until HEM is finished taking care of his business.

Cabinet Shuffle
Revengerous has resigned as Minister of Immigration, Acarionne was removed as Junior Provincial General and Finance Minister, HEM is retiring from his position as Grand Admiral. Gladius was appointed the new Culture Minister after NasalivesII resigned.

New UN delegate
Helpfulboots/Nlhp has volunteered to be the new UN delegate. We wish him God Speed.

RevÂ’s Case against Paleomiz
After opening a case of high treason against Paleomiz, RevengerousÂ’ case was dismissed by the Chief Justice Pez201 for lack of evidence.

New forum members joined Europeia

HEM has a new talkshow, a news show that discusses Europeian politics

Hyanygo stirs up controversy for opening up three court cases against three different people, including the Chief Justice

Official Update from the Europeian Office of Foreign Affairs
Written by: Cordova I, Europeian Foreign Secretary

Nov.17th/07, 9th Congress, 9th Cabinet, 4th Senate
Population: 93 Nations
UN Delegate: Paleomiz
Lt. UN Delegate: Helpfulboots/Nlhp

Executive Government:
Acting/ Vice Supreme Chancellor: Lethen
President: Pineapleboy
Vice President: Lethen
Associate Justice: Jay
Grand Admiral: Allied Alliances
Culture Minister: Gladius
Immigration Minister: Pez201
Provincial General: The Frenchman
Finance Minster: Verteger
Junior Secretaries (All departments): Vacant

Legislative Government:
Senate Speaker: Lethen
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Verteger
Nlhp
Pope Lexus X
NasalivesII

Paleomiz is back!
Europeia joyously celebrates the much anticipated return of an illustrious citizen, Paleomiz. After some soul-searching on her own, Paleomiz decided that home was where her heart is and wanted to return. With the help of her brother, Cordova I, a poll was set up to gauge the public opinion about her return. The vote was a majority in favour of her return. She will be returned the delegacy shortly.

New Senator
In order to fill the vacancy left by Paleomiz, Pope Lexus X won a Senate by-election to take her seat.

Revengerous to retire
An honourable member of the region, Revengerous, has decided to officially return from NS. He will be on the forums once in a while. We wish him the best.

New Political Party Founded
The Europeian Political Foundation is founded by presidential candidate, Danoboy.

Centralist Party Chairman resigns
After thorough deliberation, the Chair of the Europeian Centralist Party, Cordova I, has decided to step down, although he will still remain an active member of the party. Vice-Chair HEM will succeed him.

Nov. 23 Elections
Elections are soon and the race is still on!

Recruitment Goes Up then Down
Due to a lack of recruitment, the population is oscillating.

Nov.26th/07, 10th Congress, 10th Cabinet, 5th Senate
Population: 98 Nations

Executive Government:
Vice Supreme Chancellor: Lethen
President: Lethen
Vice President: Danoboy
Culture Minister: Pope Lexus X
Immigration Minister: Paleomiz
Provincial General: NasalivesII
Mayor of City Council: NasalivesII
Junior Secretary (Foreign Affairs): Paleomiz
Co-Junior Foreign Secretary (Foreign Affairs): NasalivesII

Legislative Government:
Senate Speaker: Pending
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Solimaria
HEM
Pope Lexus X
Pineapleboy

Elections!
This time around, the race for both branches of government was very close. Lethen is now the President, by a vote for 8-7 over Danoboy. Danoboy becomes the Vice-President.
The Senate vote was also very close and the above seven members were elected.

Tie-Breaker for President
Due to an error in the votes, the Presidential race is tied at 8 to 8. According to the constitution, the former Senate would have to vote to break the tie. The Senate voted and Lethen is still President.

Active University
The University is once again active! After the Culture Minister threatened to sack professors if they did not start posting soon, Biology, Space Exploration, NS History as well as NS Debate Class are back in session.

Harry Potter Mania!
To spice things up, Founder HEM has decided to put us all into “houses,” similar to those in the Harry Potter series and each house would earn points. There would be competitions and fun galore!

Treasury and Finance Minister Position Abolished
After a vote in the Senate, the Treasury and the Finance Minister Position have been abolished. Citizens realized that an economy would not work in Europeia.

New Cultural Event
Former Culture Minister Gladius has made a Gladiator Arena and an Emu Temple for our enjoyment. The new Culture Minister Pope Lexus X has created a new event called the Winter Festival. We are all looking forward to that.

Population
Remains stable

Dear Respected Foreign Nations,

It is my honour as the Europeian Culture Minister to invite you to this seasons Europeia Winter Festival! The festival shall include many great events from writing competitions, to film contests, to nation creation games, and even a costume ball!

At the end of the festival there will be an Awards Show, and awards will be given for catagories such as Best Foreigner, Best Christmas Spirit, Best Dressed and many more!

So, I hope to see you down here with my co-host the Europeia Santa Claus to join in with all the fun & games!

Seasons greetings,
~Pope Lexus X~
Europeian Culture Minister

The Department of Foreign Affairs
Europeia

Europeian Foreign Update
Dec.8th/07, 10th Congress, 10th Cabinet, 5th Senate
Population: 100 Nations

Executive Government:
Vice-Supreme Chancellor: Pineapleboy
Provincial General: NasalivesII
Mayor of City Council NasalivesII

Legislative Government:
Senate Speaker: Pineapleboy
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Solimaria
HEM
Pope Lexus X
Pineapleboy

City Council Issue
City Councillors protested that the Senate should not have the power to legislate the Council. The Senate responded that every government body needs to have checks and balances and that while the Council should remain autonomous, it should be subjected to the same system as every other branch of government. After a period of stand-off, the compromise was to expand the number of Senate seats from 7-8 so that the Mayor of City Council could have one vote in Senate to represent the majority will of Councillors.

Leisure and Entertainment District
This district has been revitalized thanks to the efforts of HEM. The General section was changed to the Republic Square, the Pub has been replaced by the Fatherland District, where light roleplay is done and a financial game has been established. This game is similar to EuropeiaÂ’s economy where citizens open a bank account and create their own shops and stores.

Senate Proposal: Constitution Convention Act
An important bill introduced in the Senate has been declared and signed into law by President Lethen. This Act will ensure that Europeia will always be introspective by having constitutional examinations annually. The Act will require the Senate to be disbanded for a few days in March of every year so that any amendments to the Constitution (and perhaps even an entire revamping of it) can be made.

EuropeiaÂ’s Knightly Order
A new organization is in town! Introduced and founded by Senator Pope Lexus X, The Order of Aries is EuropeiaÂ’s own Knightly Order. This societyÂ’s purpose is to promote and maintain a certain standard of integrity and honour in NS, based upon a code of ethics. Knights will train squires (new members) in the ways of NS.

Family tree: the all-Father AnumiaÂ’s Visit
Anumia, patriarch of the families of many regions, including Europeia, is here for a visit. He is updating the Family Tree and is welcomed here with open arms.

News ticker back
After a period of absence, the administrators have decided to bring back the News ticker at the top of the forum. The ticker welcomes new members, as well as advertise for the Navy, recruitment, University and the Europeian Foreign Service.

Europeian Winter Festival
The Europeian Winter Festival is in full swing after having been announced by the Culture Minister, Pope Lexus X. Contests include trivia, film, writing and a PeopleÂ’s Choice Award show.

Population
Is now back to 100!

Official Update from the Europeian Department of Foreign Affairs

Unfortunately, Ambassador Pez201 can no longer fulfill his duties. He may return soon. In the meantime, I, Europeia’s Foreign Secretary, will take over his duties.

Dec.20th/07, 10th Congress, 10th Cabinet, 5th Senate

Executive Government:
Provincial General: Vacant

Legislative Government:
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Vacant
HEM
Pope Lexus X
Pineapleboy

City Council Disbanded
The Senate voted to disband the City Council, noting all the controversy and grief that it was causing. The general population agreed with its abolition.

Resignations and By-election
Due to RL and other commitments, NasalivesII resigned from his post as the Provincial General as well as Mayor of City Council. Paleomiz was Deputy Mayor so she succeeded NasalivesII. She resigned shortly thereafter and the City Council was abolished.
Senator Solimaria resigned from the Senate and a by-election was held to fill his vacant seat. Among the candidates are Anumia, Paleomiz and Delvetia.
After a brief stint as Provincial General, Royal Mayorga has resigned.

New political parties Established
Due to the need for more competition among political parties, two new parties have been founded: the PeopleÂ’s Progressive Party by Peaceful Llmas and the Europeian Vocational Party by Pope Lexus X.

Winter festival
As the Winter Festival draws to a close, the Europeian PeopleÂ’s Choice Awards results are the highlight and the talk of the town. Sunday is the official closing ceremony and the results for the rest of the contests will be announced then.

Republica University
The University is once again very active after a long period of stagnation. New classes and professors were added, such as Music Class taught by Professor Pananida and Language Class taught by Proffessor Cordova I. The University is also implementing a new degree system, decided by Dean Nlhp and the faculty after a faculty meeting. This new system awards academic degrees and certificates to students who complete five assignments and have satisfactorily understood the material.

Nlhp Re-elected Dean
As per university protocol, the dean is elected every 30 days. Nlhp stood for re-election and was unanimously chosen to remain as dean. We wish him all the best.

New Treaty with the New Inquisition
After negotiations with the New Inquisition, Europeia is successfully pushing forth a military, intelligence and overall friendship treaty in the Senate with the New Inquisition. This will bring our two regions even closer together.

Medals for Members of the Foreign Service
Foreign Secretary Cordova I has decided to introduce a system to honour members of the Foreign Service. Different ranks of stars and crosses will be awarded to those who serve the Department with integrity, merit and loyalty. A special awards category exists as well.

Population
Still stable.

Europeian Foreign Update
Dec.30th/07, 10th Congress, 10th Cabinet, 5th Senate

Executive Government
Senate Clerk: Paleomiz

Legislative Government
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Anumia
HEM
Pope Lexus X
Pineapleboy

Provincial General Position Abolished
After a series of inactive and ineffectual Provincial Generals, the Senate has voted to disband the position and Ministry, due also to EuropeiaÂ’s small number of colonies.

LA destroys Eurowiki
The notorious Lord Alphanesia has destroyed a section of EuropeiaÂ’s wiki. After being banished from Europeia for high treason and lying dormant for a while, he is back to his old ways.

Royal Mayorga ejected
Royal Mayorga, also known as King Cordova I among numerous other aliases, has been ejected and banned from the region for conspiracy and treason against the Foreign Secretary by plotting to take the position as well as for importing friends from real life to support him for President.
After refusing to listen to more senior members to not run for President after being in the region for a mere three weeks, he publicly posted a thread saying that he planned to usurp the Foreign SecretaryÂ’s position. A court case was started against him, but he left the forum and as ejected from the region.
Good Riddance!
Fortunately, a new law is being debated in the Senate to deal with troublemakers.

Ordimus/Tom apologizes for Deletion of LibertiaÂ’s Forum
After deleting LibertiaÂ’s forum, Ordimus/Tom has come to Europeia to apologize. He was met with much hostility and fury from dual Europeian-Libertian citizens as his reason for doing so (that the forum was inactive) was not seen as a valid excuse.

PaleoÂ’s B-day
We would like to wish Immigration Minister Paleomiz a very happy birthday!

New Place for Creativity
There is now a new place for talented Europeian writers to display their work: The WriterÂ’s Athenaeum. Divided into fiction and non-fiction, the place provides many different stories for the enjoyment of readers.

Senate By-election
Due to SolimariaÂ’s resignation from the Senate, a by-election was held. Congratulations to Anumia for winning!

Debate on RMB
A regular debate will now occur on the regional message board to stimulate discussion. This weekÂ’s topic: Is abortion right or wrong?

Population
Remains stable.

Europeian Foreign Update
Jan. 15th/08, 10th Congress, 10th Cabinet, 5th Senate
Population: 101 Nations

Executive Government:
Junior Secretaries (All other departments): Vacant

Legislative Government:
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Anumia
HEM
Pope Lexus X
Pineapleboy

Senate Clerk: Paleomiz

Elections!
With only a week to go before elections take place, candidates have already begun to campaign. Representing the Centralist Party as running mates are the incumbent President Lethen the Supreme Chancellor HEM running for the Presidency and Vice-Presidency respectively. The opposition consists of former President Pineapleboy and Senator Danoboy as independents on the same ticket.
The Senate consists of many of the same faces running.

Presidential Debate
For the second time, a presidential debate is held, grilling the candidates on hot topics such as recruitment, foreign affairs, disciplining troublemakers, the military and the economy. Moderated by Minister Pope Lexus X, the debate greatly helps citizens in differentiating the positions of the candidates on important issues.

Libertia lives!
Europeia is overjoyed that its brother region Libertia has been revived by founder Solimaria. Embassies have already been exchanged and we wish them the best of luck in their rebuilding efforts.

HEMÂ’s Birthday
Europeia would like to wish our founder HEM a very happy birthday! Celebrations are already underway at Supreme Chancellor HEMÂ’s residence.

Republica University suffers decline
Perhaps due to school starting again after the holidays for many of our fine citizens, the University has recently experienced a severe drop in activity. Dean Nlhp is attempting to revive it and has given professors 14 days to post new lessons or face termination.

NSÂ…waning?
Recently, there have been concerns that NS may be losing its popularity and on the decline. A delegate headed by Supreme Chancellor HEM attended a conference on such a matter.

Population
Due to a lack of recruiters and recruitment efforts by Europeian citizens, the population dropped dangerously low: below 100 for the first time in many months. It is now stable at 101 nations.

I would like to introduce our new ambassador, NasalivesII!

He is a senior diplomat with the Europiean Foreign Service, having served in 2 other embassies. I have full confidence in him.

Europeian Foreign Update

Jan. 28th/08, 11th Congress, 11th Cabinet, 6th Senate
Population: 86 Nations
Regional Power: High
Lt. UN Delegate:Vacant

Executive Government
Vice President: HEM
Chief Justice: Anumia
Foreign Secretary: Pez201
Culture Minister: Delvetia
Junior Ministers (Foreign Affairs): Stratus
Junior Ministers (All other departments):Vacant

Legislative Government
Senate Speaker:
Deputy Senate Speaker:
Senate Clerk:
Senators:
Delvetia
Danoboy63
Cordova I
Nlhp
Stratus
Paleomiz
Pineapleboy

Elections and re-elections
Electons for President and Vice President, and for the Senate, were held on January 21 and the independant faction, with Pineapleboy and Danoboy63, won the Presidential race. Due to a masking problem, with a couple of non-citizens allegidly voting, the opposing Centralist party ticket (led by Lethen and HEM) challenged the result in the High Court. Pez201 ruled that the results of the two elections were void, and ordered a re-vote. The re-vote was held a few days later and the Centralist Party defeated the independant ticket. The elections for Chief Justice were held on the 26th and the incumbent, Pez201, was swept aside by Anumia, who is now the CJ. The final results of the elections can be seen above, with the current members of the Legislative, Judicial and Executive listed.

The problems with the Presidential re-vote has led to Danoboy63 leaving the region and resigning from all his duties, as he accuses the Centralist party of rigging the voting.

Nhlp resigns
Nhlp resigned from the post of Lieutentant UN Delegate a few days ago, but is still active in the University and in the region.

Cordova I resigns as Foreign Minister
Cordova I, who has been the Foreign Minister for six months, resigned from his post a few days ago. He will be sorely missed, and we hope his replacement doesn’t mess up too much.

Population problems
The population for Europeia has dropped and is now at eighty-six, which is quite low. A recruitment drive is under way to reverse this trend.

Money growing on trees
The financial Roleplay game has been revived on the forum. Perhaps more respectable than spamming (although we do that as well!), Roleplay games have been known to become inactive after awhile, as it will be interesting to see how these games turn out.

Civilian Action Party
A new political Party, the Civilian Action Party, has been formed by Pineapleboy. The Centralist Party has been the dominant party on the Europeian landscape for some time, so this has been seen by many to be a good development.

Google madness
A user by the name of “google.com” joined and posted that the forum was being removed from the google search engine. Europeians dismissed the user as some weirdo, and ultimatly, no one really cared.

More politicians
A new cabinet position has been created, Cabinet undersecretary. Pez201 was appointed to the post, but the post is now vacant.

Written by: Cordova I, outgoing Europeian Foreign Secretary and Pez201, incoming Europeian Foreign Secretary

Europeian Foreign Update

February 16 2008, 11th Congress, 11th Cabinet, 6th Senate
Population: 94 Nations

Executive Government
Vice President: HEM
Culture Minister: Bradshaw the Sceptic
Junior Ministers (Foreign Affairs): Peaceful Llamas, Antallica
Junior Ministers (All other departments):Vacant

Legislative Government
Senate Speaker: Cordova I
Deputy Senate Speaker:
Senate Clerk:
Senators:
Delvetia
Don Corlene
Cordova I
Nlhp
Stratus
Paleomiz
Pineapleboy

Delvetia
In a couple of weeks, Delvetia will be retiring from public life in Europeia for some time due to RL obligations. His presence in the Senate, in the Cabinet, in the Foreign Service and on the forum in general will be sorely missed, as Europeian citizens hold him in the highest regard.

Senate by-election
A Senate by-election was held a couple of weeks ago, to find a replacement for Danoboy63. Don Corlene won the vote and duly became Europeia’s newest Senator. The unsuccessful candidates were General Amorov, Peaceful Llamas, Antallica and Pez201.

Position scrapped
The position of Cabinet undersecretary, held so briefly by Pez201, was scrapped. No one really seemed bothered by this.

History exams
The final exam for History, led by HEM, is currently being held in the Europeian University.

Europeian Navy in Mobius
The Europeian Navy has been flexing its muscle in the region of Mobius. As expected, our navy has taken over the region and is at anchor. HEM has graciously offered all Mobius natives a home in Europeia, although none so far have taken up his offer.

Public Assembly
An act was passed through the Senate (The Public Assembly Act), creating the Public Assembly. All citizens who are not in the Senate or the Judiciary automatically become members of the Senate. The Public Assembly will be used by citizens to suggest bills and debate on bills currently being discussed in the Senate.

Regional power
Regional power is moderate, after being high for some time. There are currently ninety-four nations in Europeia.

New minister
Bradshaw the Sceptic is the new Culture Minister in Europeia, replacing Delvetia.

EUROPEIAN CULTURE

Total forum posts: 34,900

Top ten posters:
HEM 4,685
Lethen 4,365
Pez201 2,878
Paleomiz 2,385
Cordova I 2,082
Pineapleboy 1,871
Danoboy63 1,837
Hyanygo 990
nasalivesII 922
The Holy Empire of Coed Showers 862

And honourable mentions to South West England and Desakar, who have each logged over two hundred posts, or something like that, in the last twenty-four hours. They’ll tell you exactly how many. :slight_smile:

Secret room competition
Pez201 won the secret room competition, set up by Pineapleboy. By finding the secret room first, he won… nothing.

Not many playing roleplay
Roleplay has lagged a bit (okay, a lot) but spamming activity is as healthy as ever.

Ask Bradshaw
Bradshaw the sceptic dispenses his words of wisdom on the citizens of Europeia, answering their questions about anything and everything.

Written by: Pez201, Europeian Foreign Secretary

Europeian Foreign Update

March 1 2008, 11th Congress, 11th Cabinet, 6th Senate
Population: 103 Nations
UN Delegate: Cordova I

Executive Government
Vice President: Pineapleboy
Grand Admiral: HEM
Junior Ministers (All other departments):Don Corlene

Legislative Government
Assembly Chair: Desakar
Senators:
Gen. Amarov
Don Corlene
Cordova I
Nlhp
Pez201
Peaceful Llamas
Pineapleboy

IN THE NEWS:

Paleomiz leaves!
In one of the biggest events in recent Europeian history, UN Delegate Paleomiz (known as “Paleo”) left the region without any announcement on the Europeian forum.

Senate by-elections
With the resignation of Stratus, Delvetia and the leaving of Paleomiz, three positions in the Senate opened up. A by-election was held and Gen. Amarov, Peaceful Llamas and Pez201 were the three candidates running, and not suprisingly, all three got in.

Public Assembly
The Public Assembly, created to give all Europeian citizens a place to debate on bills in the Senate, and to suggest bills for the Senate, has been very active.

Europeian Navy
Now lead by HEM, who takes over as Grand admiral from Allied Alliances, the Europeian Navy is still at anchor in Mobius.

Regional Power
Regional power is moderate, and the population is 103.

Passed laws
The Senate has passed two laws since the last foreign update in mid-February: The State Prosecution Act, where a Europeian citizen is appointed to the position of State Prosecutor and prosecutes in all Europeian court cases (except where there is a conflict of interest). The second Act is the Ministerial Directive Act, which gives ministers greater autonomy in their departments.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/01YC1z3k3GL._SS50_.jpg
TOOL TIMEhttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/01YC1z3k3GL.SS50.jpg
On February 21 Stratus, former Senator, gave his opinion on Europeia:

“Europeia is about as generic of a region as you can get. Its really nice, but… no.”

Social Liberlandia, who had a nation in Europeia, has been telegramming forum people asking them to join in “the revolution”, or something like that. As Social Liberlandia isn’t on the forum, no one really cares.

EUROPEIAN CULTURE

Total forum posts: 37, 730

Top ten posters:
HEM 5,078
Lethen 5,059
Pez201 3,019
Paleomiz 2,443
Cordova I 2,227
Pineapleboy 1,897
Danoboy63 1,837
Hyanygo 1,010
nasalivesII 929
The Holy Empire of Coed Showers 862

Lethen closes the gap on HEM in the post count. HEM has been in first place since, well, forever… but can he hold on now?

Funniest quote:
Squish fish make Des angry! DES SMASH SQUISHY FISHY! - Desakar :stuck_out_tongue:

INTERVIEW

For this Foreign Update, Pez201 interviewed Pope Lexus X about his views on… stuff.

Pez: You were the Europeian Culture Minister for awhile. What did you do in your time to enhance Europeian Culture?
Lex: Well I ran an unsuccessful festival, let someone else run the university and gave Lethen some ideas as to what I should actually be doing… I would say I had a rather productive term
Pez: If you’d created a thinktank, and created a bureau to oversee the thinktank, and a committee to oversee the bureau, you would have made a fantastic minister in RL… and in Europeia, HEM would have loved you.
Lex: Like a son…
Pez: What is the role of the Europeian Culture Minister in regards to the University?
Lex: I never did anything with the university, as I saw it as the Dean’s domain. Nlhp never needed encouragement either, so I couldn’t do anything with it if I wanted to…
Pez: Ah, so it was all under control.
Lex: Or maybe thats just what I want you to think…
Pez: What regions were you active in before you came to Europeia and what regions are you active in now?
Lex: I began in Gatesville, moved to Cingeta and Jethnea, then I went to the Great Green Federation. I retired for a time, and then came back to join with all the others and Europeia, Lazarus, and Novus Orsa. Currently I’m in Novus Orsa, Jethnea and of course Gatesville. What can I say? I get around
Pez: I can’t even imagine being in so many regions!
Lex: and I’m fairly sure I’ve left one or two out as well…
Pez: Do you believe that NS is dying, and the game will one day cease? Or is there a resurgence around the corner? Your thoughts.
Lex: NS doesn’t die. I know I made a large number of speechs about the “Fact” that it was, but it isn’t the truth. NS goes through periods of decline, generally around the holiday seasons of summer and Christmas. We experienced a pretty bad one last year, and things did seem bad, but in reality if we all decide the game is dying, it will. What needed to be done was for someone to stand up and do something big, and having suitably freaked out the feeders by the Neutral Territory conference, and the drama of TNP, activity seems to be returning. As for maintaining that, my simple request of all NS’ers is to just go nuts. Be spontanious, and random, and make activity. If you don’t it probably will decline again. Make things interesting for the new people. Don’t make it stressful though, make it fun.
Pez: Very true (yes, I read the entire paragraph :lol: ). If you had to select one citizen of Europeia to be sedated for 24 hours, who would you pick, and why?
Lex: I would sedate HEM for a day and make Anumia the Supreme Chancellor with your good self as Vice Chancellor. Just think of the possibilities!
Pez: The possibilities are… frightening. Tell us one thing about yourself in RL that we don’t know.
Lex: I am actually the Prince of Wales’ alternate ego… Didn’t see that coming did you?
Pez: Why are your ears so big?
Lex: All the better to hear you with… :stuck_out_tongue:

Written by: Pez201, Europeian Foreign Secretary

Europeian Foreign Update

March 16 2008, 11th Congress, 11th Cabinet, 6th Senate
Population: 107 Nations
UN Delegate: Cordova I

Executive Government
Vice President: Pineapleboy
Junior Ministers (All other departments):Don Corlene

Legislative Government
Assembly Chair: Desakar
Senators:
Gen. Amarov
Don Corlene
Cordova I
Nlhp
Pez201
Peaceful Llamas
Pineapleboy

IN THE NEWS:

General Amorov leaves
General Amorov has left Europeia, resigning from all posts. An election to determine his successor in the Senate will be held shortly.

Post-a-thon!
A post-a-thon was declared for Friday the 14th, the aim being to get 2000 posts on the forum in 24 hours. Although there was a lot of posting, the target was not met…

Passed laws
The Senate has passed three laws since the last foreign update, and made one amendment to an existing law. The Culture Minister Act (2007) was amended, removing the positions of Roleplay Master and Head of Spam. The Naval Specifications Act was passed in regards to the ranks in the Europeian Navy, making them similar to RL navies. The Senate Protocol and Decorum Act sets down in writing the behaviour that is expected of Senators when debating. While there is hardly a problem with the behaviour of Europeian Senators, no laws regarding behaviour in the Senate have existed up until now. The Renaming Act eliminates the confusion that sometimes arises in regards to how bills and acts are named.

EUROPEIAN CULTURE

Total forum posts: 39, 130

Top ten posters:
Lethen 5,382
HEM 5,322
Pez201 3,131
Paleomiz 2,443
Cordova I 2,331
Pineapleboy 1,921
Danoboy63 1,837
Hyanygo 1,015
nasalivesII 942
Anumia 871

Overtaken!

Lethen has overtaken HEM in the post count.

Role-play

A role-play, based on the idea of a revolution in Europeia, was started several days ago on the forum. It lasted for a little while, but became inactive. :frowning:

Written by: Pez201, Europeian Foreign Secretary.

Europeian Foreign Update

August 1[sup]th[/sup], 2008, 13th Congress, 13th Cabinet, 8th Senate
Population: 170 Nations
Regional Power: High
WA Delegate: Cordova I
Lt. WA Delegate:Vacant

Executive Government
President: Nlhp
Vice President: Danoboy63
Culture Ministers: NeoHabighorst
Immigration Minister: Asianatic

Legislative Government

Senate Chief of Staff: Asianatic
Senators:
HEM (CP)
Renposa (CP)
Atikva (ECP)
Lethen (ECP)
Pineapleboy (IND)
Pez201 (IND)
Cordova I (IND)

(CP) = Centrist Party
(ECP) = Europeian Conservative Party
(IND) = Independent Faction

Election results
General Elections in Europeia for the Senate and the Presidency were held on 20/21 July (depending on where you live in the world)

Lethen, Pineapleboy, Pez201 and Cordova I were re-elected, HEM was elected, and Atikva and Renposa were elected for the first time and are now serving their first terms in the Senate. Nlhp was duly re-elected for his third consecutive term as Europeian President, with Danoboy63 as his VP.

SRATO Alliance
Europeia has entered the SRATO Alliance with her closest friends, the regions of Great Britian & Ireland, The Last Kingdom and The New Inquisition. The Alliance will provide protection for all four member nations.

Nothing like a haXor…
Europeia (momentarily) went into a frenzy when a user named “Le_then” (not the actual user named “Lethen”, or course) posted on the forums in very poor English, making some citizens worried that he might be one of Europeia’s enemies who had hacked into the forum. Eventually when the fur stopped flying it was found to be HEM, everyone had a good ROFL and it was noted that the posting activity in Europeia was higher on that day then it had been for any other day in the past month.

Party (in)activity
The Norsefire has had (another) name change and become the “Europeian Conservative Party”, while the Vocational Party, headed by Pope Lexus X, is highly inactive but still maintains it’s place as a political party.

Regional Societies
Europeian regional societies: Pride International, The Citizen’s Voice Committee, The Europeian Society of Potheads and The Somilaria Centre for Public Policy have all been inactive for over a month. Europeian citizens with flame throwers and chainsaws await the closing of all four societies.

New position created
The position of Senate Chief of Staff has been created to help the Senate speaker with his duties, and Asianatic was appointed to the position.

— Begin quote from ____

Cordova I: lo…You know me…I like my bureaucracy just as much as you do! Plus I need an assistant!
Cordova I: lo…You know me…I like my bureaucracy just as much as you do! Plus I need an assistant!
HEM: You like it so much you posted it twice!

— End quote

:stuck_out_tongue:

Laws passed by the Europeian Senate since the last update (June 30):
The Christmas Act, passed July 6 2008
This act makes Christmas Eve and Christmas Day official holidays in Europeia, although if there is a sudden event (a declaration of hostilities, for example) this holiday period will be ignored.

The SRATO Selection Act, Passed July 7 2008
This act regulates how Europeia represents itself in the SRATO treaty, in regards to choosing representatives.

Constitutional Amendment, The Military, passed July 11 2008
Amends Article VI, Constitution III to include the definition of a “training mission”.

Amendment, Removal Act, passed July 26 2008
An amendment to the process which is used by the Senate to remove Senators who are inactive in Europeia.

Amendment to the Constitution, Article V, passed July 28 2008
Allows Associate Justices and the Chief Justice to be members of the Senate (but not the Cabinet).

Euro choice awards!
The results are in, and are as follows:

Most useful member: Lethen
Most bureaucratic member: HEM
Most drunk member: Pez201 and Cary123 were declared join winners by HEM
Most active newcomer: Neohabighorst
Most Inactive-Sorta Semi Active Member: Hyanygo
Most active member: HEM
Most animal-like member: Pez201 (declared a “landslide” by HEM)
Most likely to be rich: Allied Alliances
Europeia’s Legal Eagle: Anumia
Most overrated member: Somilaria
Most Royal member: Cordova I
Most in need of spell-checker: Cary123
Most wise member: Pineapleboy
Most underrated member: Asianatic
Most pathetic former citizen: Royal Mayorga
THE BEST MEMBER: (drumroll please…) HEM! Didn’t see that one coming, did you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Top ten posters:
Lethen 8,031
HEM 7,521
Pez201 3,917
Danoboy63 3,485
Cordova I 3,212
Paleomiz 2,446
Pineapleboy 2,370
nlhp 1,464
Anumia 1,285
Hyanygo 1,033

Nationstates site: NationStates | Europeia
Europeian forum: http://z6.invisionfree.com/Europeia/index.php

Written by: Pez201, Europeian Foreign Secretary.

Well, we’ve reopened your embassy in Europeia. An update will be sent here shortly, and hopefully we’ll get an ambassador here soon, too. Until then, I’ll be your temp ambassador.

Regards,

Lethen

Europeian Foreign Update XXVIII

June 6[sup]th[/sup], 2009 - 20[sup]th[/sup] Congress, 20[sup]th[/sup] Cabinet, 15[sup]th[/sup] Senate
Population: 563 Nations
Regional Power: Very High

Executive Government
President: Asianatic
Vice President: Anumia
Grand Admiral: Triskelel
Foreign Minister: Lethen
Culture Minister: Jaden Eaglepoint
Interior Minister: Pope Lexus X
World Assembly (WA) Delegate: Kabanatuanistan

Legislative Government
Senate Speaker: Old Ogastein
Deputy Senate Speaker: Pope Lexus X
Senate Clerk: Delvetia
Senators:
Pope Lexus X (Sr.)
Peaceful Llamas (Sr.)
Falconias (Sr.)
Anumia (Jr.)
Kazaman (Jr.)
Khalid of Lebenshauf (Jr.)
Old Ogastein (Jr.)
Kabanatuanistan (Jr.)

Judicial Government
Chief Justice: Nlhp
Associate Justice: Cordova I
Associate Justice: Kazaman
[hr]
Europeia Hits a Population Boom!

Due to extensive recruitment efforts over the past five-or-so days, during which the Europeia gained approximately 20 nations per day, the region is but nations away from regaining the Largest User-Created Region title from The New Inquisition. From these nations, Europeia has also been gaining many new members. The City Council - a legislative body opened for citizens to join freely - and the Civil Service - a Service which citizens apply for to gain jobs in the Interior, Foreign and Culture Ministries - have been having an influx of new citizens joining in.

Several members have been given awards for their recruitment efforts. Most notably, Pope Lexus X recieved the highest honour in Europeia for recruitment, the Order of Cummunity First Class. Also, Kazaman and Jaden Eaglepoint recieved the Order of Civil Service for their efforts.

But with more members comes problems as well as gains. To quote the Lexian Observer:

— Begin quote from ____

A recent study conducted in the Europeian Capital this week has shown that people are more likely to become tyrants in cramped spaces. The study has been focused on the recent population boom in Europeia which has led to both an increase in activity, but also an increase in ambitious new citizens. These events have baffled the ever-elusive Oligarchy. As one oligarch, Mr. L. McLeaf stated “I don’t know who they are, but I’m going to crush them.”

The reign-of-terror has already spread over several areas of Europeian life, most notably over the much-coveted Delegate’s position. Several suspects citizens have been seen arguing about the limitations on their ability to collect endorsements from other suspects citizens, while others have been complaining about the fact that they are not the Delegate themselves, cleverly disguising such arguments under complaints against the electoral process.

— End quote

These issues are hardly very worrying, however they are inconviences for the growing region.

Europeia looks brightly to the future, preparing to surpass The New Inquisition soon, and aching to beging the celebrations for their efforts.

Chief Jusice Elections Completed

Europeia recently had elections for the position of Chief Justice. There were three candidates, the Chief Justice from last term, Nlhp, and two newer members, Ezeula and Swakistek. Here were the results:

Nlhp 16 ] [80.00%]
Ezuela 3 ] [15.00%]
Swakistek 1 ] [5.00%]

Nlhp gave no statement after winning, but simply carried on with his job where he left off last term.
[hr]
General Elections Held: Change Is In the Air

Europeia held elections yet again for both the Senate and the Presidency, with 14 people standing for the 8-member Senate and three tickets running for the Presidency.

The major shift came for the Senate candidates when longtime Senate incumbent Cordova I withdrew his candidacy, solidifying the intentions of older members such as Lethen and HEM, who decided not to stand to instead allow new people a chance. With 56 citizens and 9 retired members (who still posess voting abilities), the Senate elections garnered 167 votes. Of the 56 possible voters (ostensibly 63 if you assume that the retired members did indeed return to vote), each possessing 8 votes each, 20 people could have voted. However, many citizens have given notice that they actually used less than their 8 votes, either due to lack of enthusiasm for all candidates or plain accident.

— Begin quote from ____

Cary123 9 ]
Kazaman 15 ]
Cordova I (Withdrew) 1 ]
Champagne Jam 13 ]
Kabanatuanistan 13 ]
Peaceful Llamas 14 ]
Pope Lexus X 23 ]
Old Ogastein  14 ]
Asianatic  19 ]
NeoHabighorst 11 ]
Khalid of Lebenshauf  11 ]
Anumia 17 ]
Santa8  5 ]
hAvAAck 2 ]   
Total Votes: 167

— End quote

Those elected were:

— Begin quote from ____

Pope Lexus X (Sr.)
Kazaman (Jr.)
Falconias (Sr.)
Anumia (Jr.)
Khalid of Lebenshauf (Jr.)
Peaceful Llamas (Sr.)
Old Ogastein (Jr.)
Kabanatuanistan (Jr.)

— End quote

The Jr. denotes that of the 8 Senators, 5 of them are first-time members.

The Asianatic/Julian Anumia (President/Vice President) ticket, widely favored to win the election, trounced its opponents, both of which were party-affiliated. The winning ticket, it should be noted, was an Independent one.

— Begin quote from ____

Stamosian/Athanasius Ilius (CNFP) 1 ]
Asianatic/Anumia (IND) 16 ]
Champagne Jam/Neohabighorst (NLP) 5 ]

Total Votes: 22

— End quote

What does this entail? For one thing, it definitely solidifies the Asianatic Presidency in the eyes of the populace. While its debatable which side had the better layout for Cabinet, the public relations campaign was won clearly by the Asianatic camp, thanks to a slew of factors, most chiefly Champagne Jam’s loyalty to the region being called into question. When Champagne Jam, who has now changed his name to Falconias, first arrived in Europeia, he did not tell anyone that he was really Falconias of the Founderless Regions Alliance. Although it was found out and he was tried (although the charges were later dropped) for treason, Falconias has run for President two elections in a row. Curiously enough, his running mate this term was the very man he ran against two terms before, NeoHabighorst.

That digression aside, President Asianatic announced her Cabinet, with many changes in place. While Pope Lexus X remained in the Interior Ministry, Lethen was moved from the Grand Admiralship to Foreign Affairs while Triskelel, a relative newcomer, was given the keys to the Europeian Republican Navy with many reforms in mind as well as the guidance of HEM and Lethen. Jaden Eaglepoint, also new to the region, was made Culture Minister and Julian Anumia, seasoned veteran of NationStates, made his first entrance into a Europeian Cabinet as Vice President.

While the term has started off well, many questions will need to be addressed: Will Triskelel be the answer the Europeian Republican Navy needs to get over the hump? Is Lethen, after being gone from this area for more than a year, a good fit for Foreign Affairs? Will Anumia’s face be a hazard to all the new members he is supposed to find work for in the Civil Service?
[hr]
On the Foreign Minister’s Desk…

Recently, Europeia has finished treaty negotiations with The New Inquisition to create the Treaty of Wexford, which will replace the old and rather out-of-date treaty that both regions currently have. The Treaty of Wexford is now in the New Inquisition’s Herrenhaus (House of Lords) for a vote, pending signature by the Kaiserin assuming it is passed, and once that is complete, the treaty will be hurried through Europeia’s Senate to dot the i’s and cross the t’s.

Another carry-over from last term’s Foreign Ministry carousel, negotiations with Great Britain and Ireland to solidify the relationship have been underway. While they are behind-closed-doors, the Europeian Foreign Ministry can say that negotiations are going well and many ideas are being discussed, such as increased training missions between regions, daily summits between leaders, and possible cultural exchanges. Sadly, many elements of the negotiation are to be kept where they are, behind-closed-doors (or locked forums, in this case.).
[hr]
And the Race is On!

Treaty negotiations, conflicts of interest, and the occasional squable aside, The New Inquisition and Europeia have entered into a much more fun-filled and friendly competition. A little over a month after becoming the largest User-Created Region, Europeia was ousted from this title by The New Inquisition. With both regions recruiting like madmen (or women), the populations of each region have been swaying back and forth. The New Inquisition at one point held a 63 nation lead on Europeia, but, thanks to the end of exams for many Europeian members, Europeia has stormed back into the lead after a month-long second-place ranking. The lead is very slim, however, never exceeding ten nations.

Commendations go out to both region’s recruiters. Specifically, however, Kaiserin Griffin and Florence de Peyser of TNI (as well as Captain Hudson’s recruitment quota scheme) and Pope Lexus X, Jaden Eaglepoint, and Asianatic of Europeia are commended for their massive recruiting efforts.
[hr]
HEM Retires

HEM, The Honorable Founder of Europeia has decided to take a retirement from the general regional politics. As Supreme Chancellor HEM has been leading the region since it started and been in many important positions in addition to that, including Senate and the new City Council. HEM will still keep his position of Supreme Chancellor, despite the retiremement.

Here is his retirement letter to the region:

— Begin quote from ____

I never thought I would write one of these.

When many people annouce their plans to become less active in Nationstates, they usually start the tirade with a history of their NS lives. I am no exception.

I joined Nationstates on August 3rd, 2006. I was the typical newb player, and eventually founded my own region “The League of Dictatorships” with my current namesake, The Holy Ekaj Monarchy (HEM).

Over time, I became active in other regions such as Empires of Earth. I didn’t truly believe I would be welcomed there as a foreign leader, so I hid my identity. I was found out, and I thought I was over. But King Most Great Britannia just laughed the whole thing off. It was here that I met Boots (nlhp) and Lethen. I then joined The Land of Kings and Emperors where I met SenatorTC.

I was part of the LKE dynasty. Some of the newest regional powers are from a line of LKE Prime Ministers:

Prime Minister Griffin - The New Inquisition
Prime Minister SenatorTC - Hampshire
Prime Minister Onderkelkia - United Kingdom of Britian
Prime Minister HEM - Europeia
Prime Minister Anumian Captain - Nova Imperium

The LKE legend lives on in all these regions, and I am proud to be a torch bearer for it.

Europeia has been my greatest region, my greatest success, my greatest love. I have never considered leaving it before a few months ago.

The fact of the matter is, when I started playing NS, I was going through a hard time in life. Many of the people here, in this little game, are people who helped me through the hard times, (for people who want details, talk to me on MSN) and lifted me up. Through this game I discovered alot of myself, and I…think it has defined me a little aswell.

To the friends I have met here, both young and old. I want to let you know that I am not completly leaving. However, I do not plan on holding any further political office. I decided a few days ago I was going to stay 100% in politics, or get 100% out. Time, and other issues has lead me to the second option.

I am unsure about the future. It is very possible that come summer, you will see me fully active again. I might even join the City Council in a small role. But, I feel my time to lead Europeia has left. I am tired, I am weary, I am done.

Much as a parent, I can’t keep my child from moving on. I am unsure if the ideals I have planted through my leadership will take root, however I can only hope they will. I want Europeia to forge its own path, and not constantly be defined by a pseudo-monarch figure.

Does that mean that you are dong hearing my opinions? No. Certainly not.

However, the fact of the matter is, I have becoming less active for a while now. I just don’t have the energy to stay up until 4:00 AM to invade. I don’t have the energy to recruit as much. I will still help, certainly. But I can no longer be relied on.

This has turned into a heck of a random rant. I want to let you all know that I care about you, and I hope for the best for all of you.

(To make it officially clear, I am staying on as Chancellor (Obviously) I am just retiring from general politics.)

Your friend and founder,
-HEM

— End quote

Even though his retirement, HEM will still remain as an important person in the minds of every single Europeian. His achievements for the good of the region will never be forgotten.
[hr]
Councilors’ constructivity confirms: City Council contributes considerably

The month of April brought significant political change in Europeia, with the establishment of a new pan-legislative body; the City Council. Designed to encourgage new citizens to get involved with Europeian politics in a friendly and uncomplicated manner, it is open to all citizens bar those serving in the Senate. Previous citizen involvement initiatives have failed through lacking efficiency and abundant inactivity, but such problems have yet to arise this time around. This success can be atributed partly to the thoroughly though-out act that founded the Council and partly to the effort and efficiency with which this act has been enforced.

The City Council act establishes a simple system by which all councilors may propose Pre-Acts. Such proposals are then debated by all councilors and, if passed by a majority vote, introduced to the Senate where they may be approved and made into law. This ability to have a direct influence on the legislative process, the frequency of such Pre-Act proposals and the intense debates that spring from them keep the City Council interesting and active. Even the best of systems, however, cannot function without proper leadership. For this reason, the Council is led by an elected Mayor. From the Council’s inception, this position has been filled by Demataria. He and his appointed Deputy Klatonia are tasked with the day-to-day management of the City Council. This includes ruling over the applications of new councilors, handling any disciplinary issues that may arise in the Council, handling bi-weekly “Roll Calls” and chairing the debates and votes on all proposals. Their active leadership has further helped to assure efficiency and activity from all councilors, as was recognised by the councilors through their re-election of Demataria.

Already the City Council has debated on 16 Pre-Acts and Ordinances, 12 of which were eventually voted on. This results in average of one new proposal every three days. It goes without saying that, should this situation prove consistent over a longer period of time, the City Council will have proven to be a valuable and effective addition to the legislative process in Europeia, although it remains to be seen how many of its Pre-Acts will be affirmed by the Senate.
[hr]

Official Update from the Europeian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Written by: Lethen, Europeian Minister of Foreign Affairs; Kazaman, Junior Minister of Foreign Affairs; Khalid of Lebenshauf, Junior Minister of Foreign Affairs; Andaranbeijan, Junior Minister of Foreign Affairs.

I hope this update helps us to keep our regions in friendly relations.

Regards,

Khalid of Lebenshauf, Junior Minister of Foreign Affairs of Europeia

Thanks for the big update.