[Embassy] The Hole to Hide In

This thread shall serve the purpose of Consulate between The East Pacific and The Hole to Hide In.

EDIT: On December 29th, 2020, this thread was upgraded to an embassy following establishment of in-game embassies.

Oh boy, an update! I almost feel like an ambassador.

…Wait a minu-

First Consulate Update: Aspiring Nation Refounds News Agency

Earlier today, news hit the region that there was, well, news! An active roleplayer and region member by the name of Nonadia has published an issue of the NationStates | Not Found, a fledgling organization dedicated to covering the highlights of the region’s ever-shifting roleplay landscape. The publication was met with some fanfare, with many presumably cozying up in a chair with their morning brew to peruse the parchment in the golden sun of morning. While the organization is not new - the Times had published three more issues several months prior - it is again active, and will hopefully continue to grow and flourish alongside the region.

Consulate Update II: Government Shake Up!

Hello again! Some time has passed since I last bumbled around these forums, and since then, The Hole has seen some interesting developments!

For starters, long time Chief Moderator Candensia has risen to the rank of Co-Founder to assist our lovely Founder Kuriko in her management of the region. A stabilizing force throughout the region’s occasionally turbulent past two years, Candensia has proven himself a worthy candidate for the position, and we look forward to his continued leadership!

Of course, every rung climbed leaves the last vacant, so someone has to rise to the occasion and assume the mantle of Chief Moderator. For us, that someone is Cenagrad, moderator and veteran of the region! Having long acted as a respected authority on the moderation staff, he is now tasked with directing them in day to day operations. Additionally, he finds himself in charge of the general direction of the region’s vibrant roleplay, a fitting role for someone who has long headed the League of Nations, the roleplay’s international organization.

Last, but most definitely not least, the region has seen new life breathed into the long dormant position of Roleplay Mentor! Envisioned as a position for respected writers and regionmates to counsel others on the art of the craft, the idea unfortunately saw little use for some time. However, that has changed as of recent, and in some big ways, too.

In a bid to increase participation in the regional government, the mentors were made into a democratic position, with two mentors being elected every two months by the members of the region. This was quite the shake-up; up until that point, the region had not seen a government election in over two years. Fortunately, despite THTHI’s rusty democratic gears, everything went quite well! After a humorous and good-natured campaign between the participants and their supporters, the votes were tallied and the winners were announced,

Coming in first was Artaecus, a relative newcomer to the region who has nevertheless wowed many with their in-depth posts and extensive technical knowledge. In second is longtime region member and illustrious writer Schwypia, who beat out resident Nonadia in a runoff vote (who you may recall as the one behind our region’s fledgling newspaper). As the two settle into their new positions, the nations find themselves in a revitalized and expanded department, tasked with both mentoring nascent RPers along with the new obligation of creating region-wide roleplay events. To ease them into this role, Candensia has taken up the office of Head Roleplay Mentor, alongside his aforementioned promotion.

And that’s all for now! If you made it this far, thanks for reading, stay cool, and enjoy the sparkling blue waters of The East Pacific!

Congrats to all! Glad to see THTHI is still doing well for itself! ^-^

Consulate Update III: Bombs and Bureaucracy
Huzzah! Again I have returned with news from The Hole To Hide In!

Like many others on NationStates, the region found itself embroiled in the lovable apocalyptic 24 hours that is N-Day. A member of Canopy in the previous nuclear exchange, it was only natural that the region would follow them in their merging and reorganization into NationStates | Faction | Vavlarian doom is fun for all :D: D:D:D. And boy, what a merging it was! After being bombarded to the brink of annihilation (and the bottom of the leaderboard) in the early hours by the Horsemen of The Apocalypse - who need no introduction - the Spuds managed to hunker down and join the somewhat modestly enormous coalition in their counterattack against the Ponies. With the crosshairs set, the alliance managed to claw her way back up the leaderboard, steadily rising through the ranks until she found herself in a toe to toe race with The Augustin Alliance and Ba Sing Se for the coveted Radioactive Robes (or first place, if you wanna call it that). In the end, as the treaty was signed, the dust settled, and the skies cleared of death rockets, the alliance crowned their remarkable comeback with a NationStates | Factions, with the Augustin Alliance narrowly beating them out for the #1 spot. As always. it was a blast (pun definitely intended), and although our friends in The East Pacific found themselves in a different alliance, we hope they enjoyed this N-Day as much as we did!

In slightly less explosive news, the government of THTHI has seen yet another shakeup; the creation of a Graphics Department! Tasked with the creation and development of graphics and other visual and artistic things, the new department will hopefully bring about a renaissance in artistic pursuits in the region, from flag design to mapping and more. To bolster the former, a new position, Official Flag Designer, has been created, and has already grown to three members, with more no doubt on the way. The region’s Cartography team, whose existence is perhaps as old as the region itself, has been integrated into the department as well, serving as a more senior position in the hierarchy.

That’s all for today! Until next time, stay cool and enjoy the blue waves of The East Pacific.

Boy, it sure is relaxing here. Maybe a bit too relaxing, actually. Been a while since I’ve written one of these, no?

Consulate Update IV: Zombies, Brains, and Election Games

After a quiet month in The Hole, the end of October bore down in a storm of activity befitting the season. After all, it was the week of one of the most widely renowned and celebrated holidays in the world. A time of fear, fright, and excessive munching on what you probably shouldn’t, Z-Day! (What, did you think I was talking about something else?)

The terrifying biological apocalypse kicked off rather underwhelmingly, as the nations of the region deliberated on the wisest path to victory. Within an hour or so, though, the lines were largely drawn. Traditionally, THTHI has had a largely cure-based culture, and this year was no exception. As my highly credible Eyeball Estimate Machine™ (EEM for short) has calculated, of the roughly two dozen active Z-Day participants this year, only two or three were zombie hordes, with four or five specializing in Zombie elimination and the rest being devoted to cure research (as for me, Sith Lords were my specialty).

As could be expected from such a ratio, our undead compatriots did not fare too well. Despite giving their numerically superior opponents a run for their money towards the start, the zombie threat was all but neutralized in the region by the final day. As always, we applaud all those who participated in the region, and we can only hope that next year they have a more inspired reporter to cover their apocalyptic hijinks.

The particularly recollective among you may recall a few months ago, where I noted that THTHI held her first elections in years for the newly created position of Roleplay Mentor. As it happens, their first term came to a close near the end of last month, and with it came another regional first - reelection campaigns! While the incumbent Schwypia did not run for a second term, instead electing (pun definitely intended) to join the region’s moderation team, Artaecus did, entering a field of seven candidates as the favored choice.

After a tame forty eight hours of minimal campaigning (sources tell me people were more concerned about the “zombie apocalypse” going on), the vote came to an equally quiet close, NationStates | Poll. A veteran of the region, Evacasia has for years been a landmark in the region’s roleplay landscape, ever-present and active as faces have come and gone. With his ascendency to the office, the region hopes he can bring with him the same activity and vigor that has long defined his RP, injecting the position with much needed energy and dynamism after an uneventful first term.

…And so concludes this consulate update. Until next time, ciao!

Hello again, everyone!

Normally, this would be the time where I dive down into the crystal blue waterscape of last month’s happenings, bringing back to the surface all the news worth telling and then some. November seems a quiet one, though, and she hasn’t brought us anything really noteworthy to post here.

I suppose it’s novel, in a sense. In a year that’s slung stone after stone of the bad and bizarre, a pause in the storm is welcome relief. Time to reflect, time to relax, time to be.

In the spirit of that, I’d like to make an offer to whomever may gaze upon my text. If for only a moment, sit back, breathe, and rest 8 HOURS Calm Ocean Waves Sounds - Tropical Beach Sunrise 4K Video - YouTube. You all deserve it.

Take care, The East Pacific, and enjoy the holidays.

Look who’s back
Back too soon
Zuna’s back
Get the loon

Greetings, everyone! I come hear a bit early with exciting news: as of yesterday, TEP and THTHI now have embassies with each other! As diplomat/ambassador/resident hooligan of the region, I’d like to take the time to formally celebrate the occasion with some fancy text assortment.

Unfortunately, I have lost memory of how to format such text on a mobile device, so you are trapped with my uniformly bland post instead. (Mwahahahaha!) Still, I think a thanks are in order. You guys have been and continue to be a very pleasant region to interact with, and on behalf of the Hole, I wish a bright future for TEP-THTHI relations.

That is all for now, expect a return to the abnormal programming in the coming days!

–Deleted (accidentally sent a duplicate)–

Noted- as a forum mod I have moved this thread to its new home and updated it.

Consulate Update

Hello yet again! I am back, as foretold by my prophetic past self! And with me I have some exciting news!

Remember when I mentioned in my first consulate update how a nation by the name of Nonadia started a news agency in THTHI? If not, that is fine, but I did! Well, as of this past month, the region’s Graphics Department, now the Cultural Government, has undergone a complete overhaul, and as part of this, the THTHI Times have been incorporated as The Hole’s regional media outlet!

What does this mean, you ask? Well for one, it means that as head of the Cultural Department, I finally have culture. But it also means is that instead of writing a long and droning post here for you to read, I can instead write long and droning posts with several other people, and then link it here for you to read!

In the spirit of that, I present to you NationStates | Dispatch | THTHI Times Issue 7

Enjoy, and Happy New Year!

Consulate Update

Again I return! I don’t have much to say this time around, but our NationStates | Dispatch | THTHI Times Issue 8 is out!

What, were you expecting something else?

Okay, okay, fine. Have a chinchilla.

(It’s a big Chinchilla, I know. There was a wiring issue with the image shrink ray, so Sir Chilla remains full size)

Consulate Update

Hello again, The East Pacific!

There’s been a lull in things to cover, and as The Times hasn’t posted an issue this month, I’m afraid I have nothing to link this time around. However, that doesn’t mean I have nothing to share.

After seven months as diplomat to this lovely region, I’ve elected to step down from my position as part of a wider departure on my part from NationStates. Going forward, the diplomat from THTHI will be Northern New Solingarch, a dedicated Cartographer and roleplayer who kindly volunteered for the position.

On my own behalf, it’s been a pleasure serving as diplomat. I wish both this region and Solingarch the best, and I hope relations between our two regions will continue to blossom.

Take care, you lovely people. You’ve been a blast.

— Begin quote from ____

Consulate Update

Hello again, The East Pacific!

There’s been a lull in things to cover, and as The Times hasn’t posted an issue this month, I’m afraid I have nothing to link this time around. However, that doesn’t mean I have nothing to share.

After seven months as diplomat to this lovely region, I’ve elected to step down from my position as part of a wider departure on my part from NationStates. Going forward, the diplomat from THTHI will be Northern New Solingarch, a dedicated Cartographer and roleplayer who kindly volunteered for the position.

On my own behalf, it’s been a pleasure serving as diplomat. I wish both this region and Solingarch the best, and I hope relations between our two regions will continue to blossom.

Take care, you lovely people. You’ve been a blast.

— End quote

Good luck wherever life takes you! You were an awesome diplomat, probably one of the most involved and one of the best I’ve seen in a while. Take care and you’re always welcome here! ^-^ <3

Consulate Update

Good day, The East Pacific!
My name is Northern New Solingarch, and I bring to you today my first post here as THTHI’s Diplomat to TEP.

There hasn’t been much of note back in THTHI as of late; we’ve seen some good friends arrive and leave over the course of time since the last update here. We’ve also seen a new addition to our Cartography DIvision, Nonadia! The very same Nonadia who brought us the THTHI Times! He’s shown great promise as a Cartographer, and I believe I speak for the whole of the region when I say we look forward to his work in the future!

To all within TEP, I wish you a very pleasant night/morning/day, and look forward to serving my position here in the future!

Welcome to TEP! ^-^

If you need the Discord links, lemme know and I can fetch them for ya. I hope your service here proves to be fun :smiley:

Consulate Update

Good evening, and hello again TEP. Northern New Solingarch here bringing an update from THTHI.
We’re mid-way through June now, it appears - man, where did April and May go? As it stands, not much has happened over in THTHI. We’ve seen our friend and my fellow Cartographer, The Atomic Schism, leave us for the summer (sad, but they’ll be back in the Fall!). 
We’ve also seen another Roleplay Mentor Election come and go - with our friends Rekken and Basaran being elected as the new RP Mentors, with Kowen and Blayredeshia being voted out of their positions as a result.
Other than this, we’ve not seen much happen around THTHI. All’s been good and chill, going into the beginning of Summer.

Stay fun and have a good summer, TEP, and I’ll see y’all when I come back to make another update in due time!

— Begin quote from ____

Consulate Update

Good evening, and hello again TEP. Northern New Solingarch here bringing an update from THTHI.
We’re mid-way through June now, it appears - man, where did April and May go? As it stands, not much has happened over in THTHI. We’ve seen our friend and my fellow Cartographer, The Atomic Schism, leave us for the summer (sad, but they’ll be back in the Fall!). 
We’ve also seen another Roleplay Mentor Election come and go - with our friends Rekken and Basaran being elected as the new RP Mentors, with Kowen and Blayredeshia being voted out of their positions as a result.
Other than this, we’ve not seen much happen around THTHI. All’s been good and chill, going into the beginning of Summer.

Stay fun and have a good summer, TEP, and I’ll see y’all when I come back to make another update in due time!

— End quote

Sounds good! Thanks for letting us know! ^-^

Have a good summer!

Consulate Update
Good day and hello again TEP, I’ve appeared once again to make an update from THTHI. 
It’s the end of July, and we’ve seen things happen back in The Hole. First and foremost, we saw the partial reorganization of the Government and the introduction of “Ministers” as roles and positions. We also saw role colors change a bit - bring a little bit of “newer” and definitely not older colors into the role lists. 
We’ve had some new people come and go, some settling into the region and others not so much. We’ve also seen the reaccession of our own Rekken into the ranks of Cartography. and myself rising to the position of “Minister of Culture”. Other than this, I’ve not much to report from THTHI. Things are going smoothly as always, thankfully.

With the recent weather insanity across the globe, this summer has turned a bit “spicy”. Stay safe out there, TEP, and as always - Stay Fun.

Consulate Update
Good evening TEP, I’ve appeared from beyond the depths once more to bring updates from The Hole. 
It’s now the middle of September - how did we get here? Summer’s ended, school’s back in session for many, and the leaves are finally beginning to fall in the Northern Hemisphere. Nothing much has happened in The Hole, we’ve had a partial lull in activity as many return to regular schooling.

As N-Day - and it’s subsequent total, unyielding, and all-consuming Nuclear Baptism - draws closer, I can only wish everyone a fun and safe time out in the world. Stay fun, and have a great September.