I had this in Google Docs and I think it’s better for sustainability purposes if I place this here instead.
August 16th, 2008
Lady Phedre becomes Delegate of the East Pacific, taking the Delegacy from Gnidrah.
Lady Phedre bans multiple defenders and natives trying to take back the Delegacy.
Lord Rahl makes his first post on TEP forums, announcing the coming of the Empire and its takeover of the East Pacific.
Many people respond negatively to Lord Rahl’s post, both due to the extremely pompous tone of the post as well as anger at the coup itself.
Daanistan encourages WA nations to endorse both him or Gnidrah in order for the Confederacy (loyal TEP government) to regain the Delegacy.
The Empire starts its efforts to move all forum activity from the TEP forums to the Empire forum.
Loop makes and posts a list of “safe” regions that TEPers can go to.
August 17th, 2008
Loop encourages WA nations to keep gathering endorsements, as Lady Phedre does not have enough influence to ban any long-term residents at this point of the coup.
TEPers continue to make their dislike of the coup known in Lord Rahl’s thread.
August 18th, 2008
Lord Rahl apologizes for posting his proclamation from August 16th in an OOC forum, and asks for the proclamation to be moved into an IC forum.
Loop posts a speech detailing TEP’s history (with slight historical revisionism), the unbanning of Govinda, and how TEP will eventually fall free of the Empire.
August 21st, 2008
- Loop creates a “secret forum” for East Pacifican citizens-only, in order to give TEPers a place to talk without the Empire monitoring their forums. Both Biyah (who is Lord Rahl) and Dalimbar (Lady Anastasia) are able to post in the thread since they were prior citizens of TEP.
August 26th, 2008
- HEM reports being banned from the Empire’s Forum for questioning one of the Empire’s Leader’s leadership.
August 27th, 2008
Loop reveals he made a proposal to the Empire, where Phedre would become an administrator of TEP’s forums, and that TEP could create a government subservient to the Empire.
Delegate Ghindra posts a statement about his inactivity concerning maintaining WA endorsements, and shows his support for a revolution against the Empire.
August 29th, 2008
- Loop announces that the Empire rejected Loop’s offer, and wants TEP to move over to the Empire forum.
August 31th, 2008
Govinda makes a thread to oppose the rumors saying that he is Lady Anastasia.
Lord Rahl posts a statement on the Empire’s forum, revealing that the Empire is able to access Loop’s secret forum within the old TEP forums. Rahl goes on to quote several posts made by TEP Citizens within the secret forums.
Gatesville (the region the Empire is from) declares war between TNP and TEP, since members of the North Pacific have been assisting TEP in fighting the Empire.
September 3rd, 2008
Loop brings up a proposal from the Empire, wherein many TEP officials could become Empire nobles and help re-shape Empire TEP, as well as a few select individuals receiving global moderation powers. This marks the public start of negotiations between TEP and the Empire.
A well-known TEPer of the time, Warre, makes a statement asking for TEPers to compromise with the Empire.
September 4th, 2008
- Loop makes a new thread in the secret forums asking for help with bringing a counter-proposal to the negotiation table. During discussion, Loop comes up with a counter-proposal and brings it to negotiations.
September 7th, 2008
- Loop reveals that the Empire is hesitant to reveal their secret identities (probably a condition of Loop’s previous proposal).
September 8th, 2008
- Loop reveals that negotiations have stalled.
September 9th, 2008
- Loop reveals that the Empire wants Loop to make a statement about a certain topic that Loop refuses to make a statement about. Negotiations stall from hereon out.
September 11th, 2008
Loop declares he will cease most involvement in NS and leave the game due to stress dealing with the Empire. He nominations East Malaysia to be his replacement in negotiations.
Loop opens a discussion thread on how TEP’s government should be restructured under the Empire.
September 12th, 2008
- Flemingovia Proposed divisions of Government - The East Pacific - Tapatalk, a tribal-themed government with a citizens’ assembly with three or four elected leaders. This idea receives wide-spread support and is further discussed.
September 18th, 2008
- East Malaysia A Question - The East Pacific - Tapatalk, based upon Loop’s proposal.
September 20th, 2008
- A Question - The East Pacific - Tapatalk This leads to a new TEP consensus of ending the negotiations.
September 21st, 2008
Lord Rahl reveals his identity as Biyah in the secret forums. This causes much shock, and Biyah’s access to the secret forums are removed.
East Malaysia officially submits withdrawal of TEP from negotiations.
September 22nd, 2008
- The negotiations officially end. TEP begins discussing what to do next.
September 26th, 2008
- Discussion on who should serve as Elders begin. While the official moment is not recorded, the Charter of the East Pacific (previous government from 2005 until now) is now suspended indefinitely. Loop, East Malaysia, and Flemingovia eventually become Elders.
October 3rd, 2008
- Following revelations elsewhere that Lady Phedre is the player known as NeeNee (then popular TWPer), and that Lady Anastasia is the player known as Dalimbar, Loop opens discussions on what to do with the then-open embassy with the West Pacific.
October 12th, 2008
Biyah/Lord Rahl reveals that Loop Woah! What'd I miss - The East Pacific - Tapatalk regarding NeeNee’s identity and the negotiations.
Gnirdrah (the World Assembly Delegate and general leader of TEP right before the Empire invasion) The Time Has Come - The East Pacific - Tapatalk
October 19th, 2008
- East Malaysia makes a post to try and spur more activity from the TEP resistance, showing that the resistance was beginning to flag two months after initial invasion.
December 9th, 2008
- A Slanted Black Stripe begins posting more on the TEP forums. They note Lady Phedre’s recent massive banjection of ~150+ nations, and begin calling for an unendorsement campaign. This sparks active discussion and re-ignites the resistance. Dannistaan and Kelssek are notable in their recorded help in the campaign and discussion on the RMB.
December 12th, 2008
- Packilvania (long-time TEP leader and current Delegate-in-Exile) notices Lady Phedre’s dropping endorsement counts and also calls for an unendorsement campaign.
December 21st, 2008
ASBS The Empire has Resigned - The East Pacific - Tapatalk and calls for WA nations to endorse ASBS or Dannistaan to secure the government.
Discussion begins on a new form of government.
January 4th, 2009
- Sometime following discussions, a proposal written by the Free Pacific States (well known TEP legislator and Forum RPer) was selected. Todd posts an update about the proposal on this date, and accepts comments on it.
January 7th, 2009
- Voting on the ratification of the constitutional proposal, the Concordat, begins.
January 11th, 2009
- The Concordat is declared to be ratified, ending the Empire era and beginning a new era for TEP.
Edit: Due to TEP Forum transition, all TEP forum links are currently broken. May be fixed in the future.