End of Term Statement + Awards

Hey, y’all!

It’s the end of my term, so I have a few words to say. But first, I want to award the people who have worked extremely hard during my term… and Libertanny’s and Marrabuk’s terms. Every single one of these people are tried-and-true East Pacificans who have made our region great- without them, we would not be where we are today as a region. I want to focus on them before giving my end-of-term statement, so that’ll be near the end!

Without further ado, let’s get to it.

The Order of Eloquence
(For roleplay contributions.)

Brethren - Brethren is an astounding roleplayer, and a unique brand of it, too. A kind and welcoming member of the community, Brethren is also known for their incessant hard work in worldbuilding and character roleplay, mixed in with fantasy elements from dragons to gods. Brethren’s roleplays are creative innovations within Valsora’s general rules and norms, and an inspiration to many. Brethren’s roleplay style represents a new way to roleplay - one based upon characters, their personalities, and their interactions with each other, foregoing the standard of war and international intrigue without sacrificing good writing and creativity. Additionally, Brethren’s service as RMB RP Representative cannot be understated. They allow no one in the government forget the RMB or what it wants, and act as a loud and clear voice for the RMB in the regional government - the true purpose of the office. Overall, Brethren is truly an exemplary roleplayer, person, and member of this community.

Shavara - Shavara has been a RMB Roleplayer for nearly three years. He’s a respectable strong pillar of the RMB RP community, known for his intense worldbuilding and factbooks. Beyond his daily activity and extensive roleplay, Shavara has also served RMB RP as the Head Moderator and Cartographer of Valsora. Shavara is also a strong community builder, posting everyday in the RMB. He’s also played a key-role in many alliances, such as co-owner of the Jaelurian Union, founder of the Western Pact, and an influential member of the Iron Pakt. He takes his time everyday to develop RMB RP as well as his own nation, and I believe is someone who deserves recognition in this field.

Wersh - This is something more of a posthumous award. Wersh was an older RMB RPer who was known for his innovative ways of roleplaying- one example being the roleplay of a terrorist group named FRAWED, which caused havoc all across Valsora. As a founder of multiple alliances and a premier roleplayer just when the RMB RP community was starting out, he was someone who helped form the RMB RP community at its roots.

The Oan Isles - Oan has been an expert Forum Roleplayer from 2014 to around 2018. His roleplays are often long, well detailed, and eccentric in content and style- but they’re always a fun read!. Like the others on this list, Oan has worldbuild his primary nation, the Oan Isles, to a high standard that is difficult to mimic. In addition to his work around the community, Oan served for a time as a collected and calm Forum RP Moderator. While he has only recently returned to the scene, I’m thankful for all of Oan’s past contributions to our region’s roleplay.

Bai Lung - Bai Lung is most likely one of the most unique roleplayers in the East Pacific to have ever existed. Impressively and without fail, they have maintained the Bai Lung Central Television News since 2007 with high quality roleplay articles every single day. Besides having a unique way of worldbuilding, Bai Lung was also a prominent roleplayer back during 2007-2009, having been a more traditional roleplayer at the time. Bai Lung’s consistency and longevity, as well as the maintenance of his newspaper, mark him as one of the best roleplayers our region has to offer.

Kyrla - Kyrla is another exceptional roleplayer who’s done a lot for Forum RP. For one, their innovative roleplays (namely T.A.R.A.) that heavily incorporate a Twitter-esque site are super awesome to read! Their work as Cartographer and as a TEP Wiki Forum moderator means Kyrla also helps keep Forum RP’s infrastructure running. The fact they haven’t received any recognition yet for their work is surprising to me, because their work has been top-notch insofar as I’m concerned.

The Order of Valor
(For military contributions.)

Sakana - Sakana was the first Overseeing Officer since Fedele’s coup. She was tasked with rebuilding a military where legitimately none had existed for around a year. Despite the inherent difficulty of this task, Sakana created much of our regional infrastructure and began the process of EPSA revival. She also helped coordinate the invasion of Slatos, thus ensuring the East Pacific’s revenge against someone who had infiltrated it. Her hard work within the Army has laid the foundation for its success, and everything the Army does now is partially owed to her toil.

Atlae - I don’t think this is unclear at all, but Atlae took the foundation of Sakana’s work and made the Army into something of a legend. His revival works helped create a new cadre of commanders for the Army, rebuilt Army activity to something tenable throughout Libertanny’s term, and ultimately simply helped the Army become a sustainable yet active military force on the battlefield. Atlae’s contributions towards the Army have been great, and it’s clear that without his initiative, the Army would not be where it is today.

The Order of Merit
(For government contributions.)

Wiranath - Wiranath has been a steadfast figure in our region for the past few years. Whilst their service in government has not been explosive, it has been consistent in the field of Foreign Affairs, where they continuously served as diplomat and often created multiple reports during his early service. To this day, he still continues to execute his duties as diplomat. In addition to diplomat, he has served as an exemplary Deputy of Foreign Affairs multiple times, with his most recent tenure being as Senior Diplomat. It’s clear to me that Wiranath has worked hard for our region and (finally) deserves some recognition for his legendary service over such a long period of time.

East Malaysia - East Malaysia has been a government worker since the Empire invaded our region in 2008. A loyal person who definitely cares about our region, he has taken up the call to serve as Chief Minister of Regional Affairs during Libertanny’s and my term. He served exceptionally, pushing Regional Affairs to new heights during Libertanny’s administration and assisting mine in keeping it chugging. Not to mention his hard work as Vizier and an EPPS policeman, and it’s clear that East Malaysia is really one of the best governmental officers that our region has to offer.

The Order of Artistry
(For contributions to the regional cards community.)

Evrigenis - It should be far from a surprise that Evrigenis or y0 is receiving this Award. One of only two founders of the small card group which would become TEAPOT, one of the founding authors of the TEAPOT Charter, and the first Steward of TEAPOT itself, y0 played a large role in the overall group effort that led to TEAPOT’s existence. Besides these feats, y0 also is an organizer for the Tea-House of Cards festival, aprominent and successful card festival. Through these actions, y0 helped set the foundation for TEP’s success in card culture, and his passion has helped TEAPOT become the legitimate forefront of regional card guilds.

Atlae - Atlae is another legendary figure within TEP’s TEAPOT. Another founding author of the Charter and the current Deputy Steward, Atlae is often the one seen maintaining TEAPOT functions, answering questions about TEAPOT, and mentoring newbies in getting a head start in the cards game. It’s a no-brainer that without Atlae, cards in TEP simply would not be the way they are. His dedication in this often neglected part of the game helped push TEAPOT to new heights, and I’m thankful for his service in this regard.

The Golden Dove Award
(For astonishing contributions as a diplomat of the region.)

Aurora - Aurora is possibly one of the best diplomats in modern times. Besides being exceedingly quick to keep the Ministry of Foreign Affairs updated on what’s going on in the Union of Democratic States, they also remain constantly involved with, and regularly train, Junior Diplomats during their assignment. Aurora has proven to bring the East Pacific and the Union closer together with their friendly demeanor and constant activity, and therefore has served our region well as an exceptional diplomat.

Catiania - Catiania is another well-performing diplomat, primarily to Refugia in this case. Catiania is constantly active within Refugia, providing an active face within the community. Additionally, Catiania has been expedient as a Foreign Affairs Advisor, Senior Diplomat, and Chief Minister, quickly taking charge and having worked in their tenor as such to maintain and improve our relations (even if Catiania repeatedly did not want to be Chief Minister). Cat is an exceptional diplomat and I’m very thankful for all their service to our region.

Lerasi - Lerasi is another awesome diplomat, assigned to the Free Nations Region. Whilst serving said Region as a Citizen, formerly as a Minister, and now as a Justice, their skills as a Diplomat were what helped bring both regions together to become allies. It is not an exaggeration to say that much of what FNR has heard about TEP has come from Lerasi’s lips, nor is it an exaggeration to say that Lerasi is a cornerstone of the relations of both regions. Additionally, Lerasi continuously provides updates on what is occurring within FNR, without much delay. Lerasi is a diplomat whose work has increased the relations between our two regions, and is very much deserving of this Award.

The Shining Light Award
(For serving as a mentor to newer nations.)

New Leganes - While this did not happen during my term, many people may remember the Drew rush a year ago, when a flood of new nations yet again plagued nationstates. The Drew Rush is remembered by many as a curse, but Sammy’s work turned it into a personal blessing for TEP. Sammy single handedly telegrammed, recruited, mentored, and checked-up on various forum roleplayers- many who now also serve as some of our government’s highest officials. Sammy, without any orders to do so, helped TEP make the best of the Drew boom, and acted like a light for those around him. Even before the Drew Wave, SammyNL was a shining light in Immigration, working hard every day to telegram and recruit newcomers.

Libertanny - Many people have different thoughts about Libertanny’s Delegacy. But regardless of one’s impressions on said Delegacy, all must agree on one thing: Libertanny’s insistence to give newcomers a chance and help them make a name for themself within the region. As Delegate myself, I’ve found this quite the task to pull off, but Libertanny made it effortless during his Delegacy. His willingness to telegram thousands of individuals, simply to lend someone a hand in getting involved in government, truly marks Libertanny as a mentor of many.

The Rising Sun Award
(For astonishing contributions as a new Citizen of the region.)

Sokala, Technocratic Tagalog, Eastern Alksearia/SirShadow, Aurora, Nociav, Pledonia/Gio, Acronis, American-Cascadia, Canadian Technocrats, Philville2, and Halley

Normally I would go over each of these people’s achievements, but since there’s so many I believe it best to review them all at once.

Everyone awarded his Award has served in a remarkable capacity in the East Pacific, whether it be through government or roleplay. Each has taken up extensive work in the Executive, either during my term or earlier administrations. Many have also taken to becoming legislatively active as Magisters, further pushing TEP’s legislative culture. While it’s true that many of these nations may not be newcomers anymore, I feel they still deserve to be awarded for the actions they did do as newcomers, because their contributions are remarkable indeed.

I’m super glad to know these nations on a personal level. As with everyone mentioned in this thread, I’m hyper-thankful for their work and cannot wait to see what they do next!

The Delegoose Award
(For the peeps who, in some way, made this Delegacy the best it could be- even if it was a kind word or a small help)

Shavara, Acronis, Aivintis, New Leganes, Catiania, Technocratic Tagalog, Sokala, Nociav, Gio, Halley, Wiranath, Vamperiall, Luca, Wallenburg, Atlae, Phileville, Altys, East Malaysia, Bachtendekuppen, A Mean Old Man, ArenaC, Eastern Alksearia, VW53aLand, Libertanny, Pakitsk, Gorundu, Aurora, Aga, Nociav, Sapre, YSGHermitCraft, New American Democracy, Algerstonia, Evrigenis, Brethren, Norgsdeveldet, Tea Appreciation, Bernie, Todd McCloud, American-Cascadia (I’m Dead), Canadian Technocrats, Serkin, Xoriet, Tretrid, Centralist Brexit, Azureano, Dylan, McStooley.

Some people may wonder why they are being given this Award. It is because you all were awesome! Even a simple “hello” really does wonders for both our region and for me personally. You all helped this Delegacy be awesome in your own ways, and you have my full and supreme appreciation for it. <3

The Banner Contest Awards
(For the victors of the banner contest)

First Place: Nociav

Second Place: Taduwe

Thank you to Nociav and Taduwe for their participation in the banner contest! We now have an epic banner design as a result. As promised, Nociav and Taduwe have recieved their respective card awards as well. ^-^

And that’s the Awards! Now for the end-term statement. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess I should start off by saying that there is a lot of work still ahead of us. Our region still needs to find ways to increase engagement, to promote unity across the various sub-communities, and to make the government more efficient in its dealings. Even those won’t be the only issues we face. There are likely to be more problems and new developments among us. And while we did attempt (and in some ways managed) to fix these issues during this term, our region still needs work. Now that falls to the next Delegate, alongside our regional community, the duty to continue hammering away at these issues for the betterment of our region.

Putting aside what we didn’t accomplish this term, it is time to focus on all the good that we did achieve, together. To sum it all up in one phrase, we simply continued growing our community as a whole- focusing on making it a better place to be - with more fun for everyone. That’s a really beautiful thing about our region. TEP doesn’t care about being the most dominant or powerful region in the room- even if that’s what the world perceives us as. We are simply, at the end of the day, a region that wants to have fun, to roleplay, to enjoy this game we play together. We just enjoy each other’s company.

Frankly, I’m happy to have had the opportunity to be Delegate of such a great region. To be able to lead and guide a region with an awesome Executive and a kind citizenry is a blessing that not many people get to experience, but I was indeed blessed. Yet it is only with y’all’s constant support that ANY of this was possible. To serve as your Delegate was one of the greatest honors I will ever have in this game, and I do not regret my service to you at all.

In a few days, I won’t be Delegate, but I’ll still be around helping out as I always have. I do not plan to leave TEP anytime soon (remember we’re here forever), so feel free to say hai! And thank you all so much for this opportunity to serve.

I will never forget it.

Zukchiva Yura
Delegate

P.S. Many thanks to Aivintis for basically editing this entire thing, and East Malaysia for some of the awardees.

Can we get a HUGE round of applause for everyone in the awards ceremony, for everyone who contributed to this great region over the past four months, and most of all for our great and wise and powerful Delegate Zukchiva?

o7

it was fun working with you delegoose, i gift you one last delegate bonk

%between%

Wholeheartedly agreeing with Aiv and with all the awarded people. Zuk hasn’t mentioned one thing: he has been Delegate of the enormous GCR TEP is during school period. He has been incredibly brave to take the task in such circumstances, and has accomplished the mission more than successfully. This also shows how Marra, Serge and Zuk’s delegacies have been a continued period which, I dare to say, has been and will continue being the best age in TEP’s history. Activity, engagement, new amazing members, awesome and effective administration… The best period of the best community in the Internet.

Salve Zukchiva, Legatus Pacifici Orientalis

Thank you, Zuk, for making this place absolutely fantastic. You’re right, TEP has never been about power. It’s about friendship, roleplay, and most of all, having fun. Thank you for continuously working to keep these ideals going.