EP-Joe

Episode 1 the red scales

Caek GET!!

He’ll fight for freedom where ever there’s trouble.
EP Joe is there.

It’s EP Joe against Someone and Nyarlathotep
Fighting to save the day.
He never gives up.
He’s always there,
Fighting for freedom over land and air

EP Joe- A real Pacifican hero
EP Joe is there

EP Joe is the codename for The East Pacific’s daring, highly trained
special mission force.
It’s purpose, to defend human freedom against Someone-
a ruthless, terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

He never gives up.
He’ll stay til the fight’s won.
EP Joe will dare.

EP Joe- A real Pacifican Hero
EP Joe!

an old mountain fortress from before the modern era sits high in the hills of Infinite Loop, a lone monk gaurds the ceremonies fire pit, he watches as an old IL Motors Jeep pulls up and a young man exits, carrying a duffel bag, he looks around and seeing the lmd man walks over
“Pardon me sir,” he says making a bow, " I am Nobayuki Smith, Im looking for,"
the old man interrupts “a Moxie?, of course just inside”
"Im sorry but Im looking for the office of, " again he interrupts
“I believe you would like a Moxie, Just inside” he says pointing toward the monastery
Noboyuki nods and walks in, inside the ancient structure he sees a soda fountain, taking a paper cup he presses it to the ice bar, a few cubes fall out, then he presses it to the Moxie dispenser, as he does the room begins to lower into the floor a copy replaces ti from above.

the room comes to rest 50 feet down making the other half of a small room, a desk sits on the other side with a red haired woman absently watching the small television concealed just out of view,
"Welcome Recruit, Major Nuisance will be out to see you in just a moment.

While Nobayuki waited fifty feet below the surface, a sedan quietly approached the ceremonial fire. The monk guard stood up as the car killed its lights. A man stepped out of the car, a man with dark olive skin and a thin mustache. The monk did not speak as the man drew near, surveying the mountains and the nearby monastery.

“Excuse me,” the man addressed the monk, “My name is Richard Grimby, and I’m here to seek out EP Joe.”

This statement contained two lies. First, the man’s name was really Gregory Platt. Second, his mission was to sneak inside EP Joe and see what kind of organization they were. Word about EP Joe had reached his home, the Most Serene Republic of Gollifray, but little was known for sure. The organization was wrapped in rumor and secrecy, it seemed. Therefore, it was his mission to learn more about EP Joe and its goals. What little information they had pointed to a base here, so Platt adopted his fake identity and was now determined to complete his mission.

“Well, go inside first,” the monk gestured to the monastery, “and have a Moxie.”

“A…what?”

“Have a Moxie, inside.”

“I…I’m sorry,” Platt responded, “but I don’t have time for a soda. I need to find-”

“I’m sure you want a Moxie, just in there.” The monk kept pointing, insistent.

“Alright, alright,” Platt decided it would be best to just appease the monk. Maybe if he got a Moxie, the monk would help him. Entering into the monastery, Platt marveled at the fine architecture, his toes tracing circles as he stared around him. “Wow…” he breathed. Directly ahead, clashing severely with the Oriental feel of the place, was a soda fountain.

Unusual thing to have in a monastery, he thought to himself. Well, he supposed, even monks might enjoy a nice drink of soda.

Taking a cup, he placed it against the Moxie spout (he didn’t like ice), and pushed it. Suddenly, the room lurched.

“What the devil?!” he exclaimed.

the door to the interview chamber slammed open
“he’s ready to see you now Mr Smith,” said Kelly as she filed her nails.

Noboyuki took his duffel and walked through the door,
the room was styped like an old office from the 1940’s
he could hear the room slide into place as he closed the door.

“Whats your name?” asked the gruff man bdhind the desk as he looked through a file
Noboyuki dropped the bag and saluted “Sir, Noboyuki Smith, Major IL Light Brigade 03347AS”
Nuisance dropped the file to the de;k
“Why are you salutingh me? Im not your superior, Yet.”
“I apologise sir, training hard to break.”
“well work on it, here in the EP Joe we prize thinking and the skills of an individual. if you didnt show something special, your CO would have never recommended you.”
noboyuki nodded
Nuisance rose Come with me son
the back wall of the office opened revealing an underground cavern base, mdn and women, a few Cylons bustled about all in their own custom uniforms, different vehicles moved about, variants of normal military vehicles with excentric additions.
“This” said Major Nuisance “is EP Joe, the regional special forces and Tactics when your home police cannot handle a situation, your military, the regional gaurd, if they fail you call us, we can get it done,”
he pauses, allowing the new man to take in the scene,
“you ,ill go through evaluation, and basic retraining, get rid of some of those silly regular army habits, you will have to pick a new name one that suits your classification, what is your classification?”
“Psychological warfare and intel sir, "
“another bean,” said the older man"well we will have a use for you”
he turls to the younger man
“if you think that you can handle this new assignment then go dosn those stairl and check in with Holiday Inn and get your room and get started”

Platt unholstered his pistol and held it at the ready as the floor continued to descend.

“‘Go on the mission’, they said. ‘It’ll be fun to see the world’, they said.” The opening to another room began to appear, as the floor of the area he stood in descended below the ceiling of this new area.

A red-haired woman sat at a desk, watching a small television screen that Platt could not see.

“Welcome recruit, Major Nuisance will be out to see you in just a moment.”

“What?” the woman looked up, and realized it wasn’t a recruit. “Where am I?” Platt demanded breathlessly, “Who are you, what is this place for?”