Family Language Map

Waddup TEP! Uncle Fortuna has been working on something for you! Okay. . . that’s just weird, but I’ll leave it because I’m too lazy to delete it (but apparently I have time to make this map). Anyways, I decided I wanted to see how our nations’ languages relate to each other. With that said, tada!

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Indo-European Languages[ul]
[li]Red - Germanic Language[ul]
[li]Dark - English (Codexian)
[li]Light - Other[/li][/ul]
[li]Blue - Romance Language
[li]Green - Balto-Slavic Language
[li]Yellow - Greek Language [/li][/ul]
Uralic Languages[ul]
[li]Purple [/li][/ul]
Afroasiatic Languages [ul]
[li]Orange - Semitic Language [/li][/ul]
Asian Languages [ul]
[li]Light Green - Japonic Languages
[li]Light Pink - Sino-Tibetan Languages
[li]Pink - Koreanic Languages
[li]Dark Pink - Tai-Kadai Languages
[li]Neon Green - Austro-Asiatic Languages
[li]Dark Yellow - Austronesian Languages[/li][/ul]
Other [ul]
[li]Light Teal - Unonian Language
[li]Teal - Madeup/Unknown Languages[/li][/ul]
[/spoiler]

Important & Interesting Notes:

• Unlike Earth (most of the time anyways), family languages are not locked to a specific geographical location. This is why you see Germanic and Romance languages scattered everywhere across the globe. Honestly, it makes no sense, but such is Urth. This map is not meant to convince anyone to change their language by the way, it was only made out of my own personal interest. Instead, use this map to see who your neighbor’s language is based off, who else speaks a similar language to yours, and which ones haven’t been used yet to add even more diversity to our lovely RP world.

• A good amount of nations like to use a mashed language which is a language that is made up of other languages. For example, Fortunan (the language of my nation) is a mashed language of Italian and Latin. Because of this, I color coded some of the nations based on the language that is most dominant.

• Codexian (English) is by far the most used language on Urth. How many countries use it and how many people speak it? Idk, all I did was color in stuff. Semitic languages most likely follow in second, and third & fourth would most likely be between other Germanic languages and Unonian. This is also me just guessing, so I’ll leave the actual numbers to someone else.

• Speaking of Unonian, this is the most largely spoken madeup language (I think it’s madeup. . . It’s what I found anyways, so Imma say it is).

• The most diverse continent by far is Gondwana with eight known family languages, and this is not including the the unknown languages of more than half of it’s countries.

• I did this on MSPaint. . . twitch

-Finally, if you see your nation is in the wrong family or is unknown, just post the details so that I can make the needed change. Don’t be afraid to ask, I am willing to fix my mistake. I did a small amount of research and a bit of guessing to make this map, so I probably messed up somewhere.

I know it is too late to mention it, but the main language of Sevropia is Czech and the main language of Algaisia is English (or Codexian if you prefer). So they don’t belong into the Uralic family (which is not an Indo-European language group, but whatever).

Will do, thanks for the information. I’ve been meaning to keep this updated, so new info is welcomed.

Notice: I’ve made a quick update consisting of changes requested by Laslow, the removing and adding of nations, and fixing up geography. As I have stated before, if you see an issue concerning your nation on the map, just let me know. Also, I suggest that you go http://forum.theeastpacific.com/topic/7006601/1/ and put down your nation’s information concerning language. For convenience, you can just simply state what your nation’s language and what it is based off in this thread if you want, whichever works for me. Anyways, that’s about it.