Gamlevinland

Flag: WIP(I do want to get one done soon:tm:)
Nation Name (long): The Imperial Kingdom of Gamlevinland
Nation Name (short): Gamlevinland
Motto: Glory to the Austads!
National Animal: Polar Bear
National Flower/Plant: Mums
National Anthem: For the Homeland
Capitol: Haloyaby
Largest City: Haloyaby
Demonym: Gamlian/Vinlander
Language: Norgsveldian, Vesienvällic, minority speak Alkari(relating to the Church of Xaethos),
Species: 60% Ursine, 35% Elf, 2% Nekomini, 3% Other
Population: 64,563,884
Government type: Absolute Monarchy
Leader(s): King Øivind Austad III
Legislature: Lol, who needs a legislature? National Diet, when the Monarch feels like it
Formation: 1920
Total GDP: $789,616,301,320(SHD, I haven’t figured out the conversion into the local currency yet, nor have I figure that name out)
GDP per capita: $12,230 SHD
Calling Code: 285
ISO 3166 code: KGV
Historical Summary: The Imperial Kingdom of Gamlevinland was created after a bloody civil war after the end of the Great War. Before it was a republic where the monarch served in an entirely customary and honorary role. The Civil War started after the spiraling debt incurred from fighting in the Great War and during the last Conservative government of the Republic. King Øivind Austad I lead the effort to create the Kingdom during the Civil War, but ended up dying in 1922 due to an illness. His son, Øivind Austad II, took the reigns and started to rule with an iron fist. The idea of “republicanism” within Gamlevinland is none existant, and is treated as a crime. the Austad dynasty is largely Elvish, with some neko cadet branches. The nation is also largely Ursine, but it is ruled by Elves. The Church of Xaethos has a very strong presence in the nation, dating back to Xaethosi missionaries getting lost in Novaris looking for Asendavia(yes, the Church thought Asendavia was in Novaris)

Any questions, y’all know where to find meeeeeee :slight_smile:

Here is the updated map for the claim!

Following a vote on 8th December 2021, this nation claim has been APPROVED by a vote of 4-0-0. Further votes will be amended to this post as they come in.

CC: [mention]SirShadow[/mention]

Following a vote on 8th December 2021, this nation claim has been APPROVED by a vote of 4-0-0. Further votes will be amended to this post as they come in.

CC: [mention]SirShadow[/mention] [mention]American-Cascadia[/mention]