General News Thread

BSC NewsChannel

At the top of the hour we’ll have more on the following stories.

President Tammy Hagans admits she is asexual after unrelenting criticism.

Terror training camp broken up in Darrowmere

And a new maximum-security prison has opened south of Ulgava.

This is BSC NewsChannel.

BSC News

This is BSC news, I’m Greg Crozier.

An ambush at the Main border crossing with Intracircumcordei has left one CNP Officer and one Intracircumcordein Border Guard dead. CNP officials in Ulgava say that the attack was the work of members of the Skull Gang, one of the many that roam the country and the most powerful. Intracircumcordei is a largely non-existant state, as most of the country, save for the capital of the Holy Seat of Divinity, is controlled by Gangs, who drive over the countryside looting villages in cars with weapons mounted on them. The condition of the country has led for a travel advisory since March, however, this first attack on Coocoostan National Police border guards has members in the Parliamentary Congress demanding that the government move more guards, or possibly the military to the border crossing.

Strom ravaged Aubrey is in for yet another blast. Tomorrow will see winds of 70 kilometres an hour and medium rain hit the whole of the Aubrey Federal City, as another system sweeps in from the pacific. The city has been hit hard in recent months, with at least 5 similar storms, plus a snowstorm last month. Already, the Mayor of Aubrey and head of the entire territory, Bill McGuffin, has called for federal releif dollars.

And in sport, a quiet night, with the CHL confiriming today that he 2nd round of the National Cup will be going this weekend, with games Thursday and Saturday.

Firstly tonight on regional view, KBC’s “The National”.

OOC: The attachement is a copy of the Petersburg Metro’s Sunday Edition. Petersburg is a town of about 2,500 that is home to the largest Airbase in the country. The nearby town of Rocky Creek is a farming community of 950. It provides both the small town stories as well as a magazine section on sundays, which chronicles more national stories. Or maybe not. The server won’t take .pdfs or .docs, so I’m hooped for someplace to host it.

FûbâDöv International

It is 11h00 universal time and 16h00 in Dovakhan, welcome to FûbâDöv International, a view on Dovakhan and the wider world broadcasting 24 hours a day in the English language from our 50+ global repeaters.

Good evening, my name is Mêtâdöz Sklât and here are the headlines:

WORLD FOCUS

In Azur (REPUBIC OF TOKANA), peace talks between Airbus UK and Irem have broken down. The summit was called by the Khagan-Chancellor of Dovakhan, Jân Drâpö, in hopes of resolving the conflict. Further information will follow on the daily analysation of current events at 16h00 universal time on «The Point».

DOVAKHAN FOCUS

The Cama will not take its winter recess tomorrow as planned. Instead, the Speaker has called an emergency session in order to sort out questions concerning the Airbus UK-Irem conflict.

Class Councils across Dovakhan delivered their findings from the 1st Trimestre meeting today just before schools recessed for winter. This will be the first indicator of the sucess of recent curriculum updates that took place this summer.

Thank you for tuning in, now for our feature programming, «Wavelength Dovakhan»…

New Changes to your Sunday Metro
James Paulson-Editor
You may, no doubt, have noticed a great deal of change to your local paper this past week, when the first copies of our Tuesday and Thursday edition showed up on your doorsteps and in stores. The paper will now come out three times a week, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, with the Sunday paper featuring our other new project.
The Metro Magazine will be appearing every Sunday and will feature several feature length articles from around the country. They will cover such things as culture, as well as news and sports events.
We hope here at the Metro, that the paper will continue to be a relevant source of community information. If you have any ideas for format or stories that could improve the paper, please drop in to our offices and talk to our staff. While the Magazine segment especially is designed to appeal to people from throughout the nation and indeed the East Pacific, it still a part of your community paper. We’re often looking for one time contributors to the Magazine, so please, if you know of someone or something that is from a National perspective, do not hesitate to contact us.
We’re looking forward to expanding with you and will continue to provide updates in the Sunday paper.

Gypsy Reserve Sparks Dialogue
Allison Shields-News
A meeting on the new Petersburg Gypsy reservation drew a packed house at the Gypsy Reserve’s Community Hall Thursday night.
Gypsies moved into reserves.
The Gypsies came to Petersburg after the federal government ordered them settled after complaints of tresspassing and crime. The Tudor oblast took 700, of a national population of roughly 3,500. Petersburrg was allocated 100, to be settled on Tower road, which had normally been sparsely populated is now the site of several houses, a large house for the Mullah, a Mosque and several traditional gypsy tents.
The meeting was designed for both the local community and the Gypsies to air greivances with each other and a several agreements were hammered out. Firstly, Mayor Sarah Lincoln will meet with Mullah Bulat Shalimov weekly, to head off further problems.
The problems were varying in scope. The head of the CNP’s Petersburg Detachment, Captain Howard, told the Gypsies to avoid overloading their vehicles, as recently, several 5 ton trucks with large amounts of possessions stacked upon them were seen on the E-48, through town. A resident who has the nearest house to the reserve complained about the call to prayer being too noisy, the Mullah agreed to lower the volume somewhat, but could not give in to demands to make the call shorter, or less frequent, citing religious necessity.
In turn, the Gypsies complained about the fact that an Interior secretariat helicopter flies over their land daily. The Mayor revealed this is the method of counting, unless the reserve does it themselves, which they agreed to. They also complained about the lack of employment in the area, even saying local employers were avoiding them. Finally, Joe Washburn, the owner of the RapidFuel outside of the city complained about the Gypsies opening a rival Aiva station on their land. The Mullah agreed to Washburn’s request to limit use of the station to Gypsies and the few residents who live nearby.
The Mayor announced finally that the City would assist in building the permanent housing required to have all residents out of tents by January 1st and the brunt of winter.

Camels dump South Brackett 30-23
Joe Henderson-Sports
The Petersburg High School Fighting Camels Basketball team improved to 4–5 with a 30–23 win over the South Brackett Aggies on Wednesday night in front of an appreciative sellout crowd at the Monmount Memorial Gym. The Aggies are roughly as good as the Camels on paper, although they aren’t from the same conference, as they play with other Coocoo-only schools from the oblast. The first half could have been better for the Camels, as they missed 5 shots in a row, to let the Aggies get back into the game, before pulling even 9-9 with 2:15 to play in the 1st half, before the Aggies led by 4 at the half. The Camels were foiled by poor shooting and looked to remedy that in the 2nd. The game was soon tied at 21 before the Camels showed great poise on defence by having a 40 second possession by the Aggies result in a missed 3 pointer and a missed layup, as they had no options on the coverage. The first time out came with 1:25 left and the Camels up by 4. They maintained the 4 point margin until the Aggies began to take intentional fouls as the clock ran under 35 seconds. It was all in vain, as the Camels padded their lead off bonus free throws, winning 30-23. “This was the first equal opponent we’ve had in awhile and it showed,” said Coach Mervin Hanks as his Camels are now on a Two game win streak, after four losses. The points leader Was Sophmore Jeremy Betts with 12. The Camels next game is Friday the 23rd when they host the El Quebrados Aztecs from San Andreas before they’re in Krasnopol to take on the Cougars in their last non-conference game.
Also in Camels news, the Camels announced one of their new recruits for next year, Adesina Carthon of Klamath. Carthon is a Small Forward and is likely to replace Senior Bobby Booker at that position. The Camels will need a billet and all interested should contact Mervin Hanks, courtesy of Petersburg High’s PE Department.

New Prison highlights underworld
Darrel Hodges-Magazine
The strain on the prison system in our country has been evident ever since the first prisoners were shipped off to Darrowmerian prisons in August. Darrowmere, a country where a military junta(the same one we fought beside) imprisoned many, had an ample supply of prisons. The only problem was that they were abhorrent. So, the Interior Secretariat commenced building a new prison about 10 kilometres south of Ulgava. Thanks to expeditious construction, it was officially completed this week and guards have begun to move in.

The New Prison’s Command Tower
The prison will be home to the country’s most dangerous offenders. Many of whom will never be released. The crunch on our prison system began when the crime rate began to rise. So why isn’t anything being done to fight crime? I couldn’t garner an interview with the Interior Secretary, being from “a backwater journal” as his chief of staff put it. Still, she did say that the prison system needed the extra 64 places. 64 places? For 6 million dollars? No answer there either. Regardless the new prison is more a testament to a society gone wrong than action on the soaring crime rate.

Home to Tatu
Samuel Dikembe is currently attending Petersburg High on a Freindship scholarship. Recently, he returned home to Darrowmere and this is the first of two articles he wrote for us while there.
I left Darrowmere in the fall to come to Petersburg and my life changed significantly at that point. Firstly, I was away from home for the first time. Home is Tatu, the former capital of Darrowmere and still the largest city in the area. 10 million people are all crammed into one of the few areas of the former Darrowmere that breaks even these days. Regardless, I came to tiny Petersburg and have enjoyed my time in school immensely.

Highway 1, Approaching Tatu

When I arrived on my flight to Tatu, I was taken aback by how much things had changed. The old Airport, the pride of Darrowmere, had been
demolished, apparently because it was condemned by the Interior Secretariat. My father, who now drives a taxi, met me at the airport, but like everyone who rides in the cab these days, I paid in full. He told me of all the terrible things that had happened. “Oh yes, it’s terrible here. Just last week, there was a huge raid on one of the downtown hotels, looking for militants. Many innocents were killed.” Of course I don’t tell him that the media reported that there were no civilian casualties. I remember people would stampede at the first sign of the rebels when I used to live there, so I tend to think that nobody would be killed.
My childhood home is gone they said. The old building, one of the many mud houses built by the government was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade and the Interior Secretariat refused to fix it, being a Darrowmerian building and outside of their responsibility.

Employment is also scarce. My father used to work in a government office, which the rebels hit hard with RPGs in the last days before the army swept them out. My two older brothers, released from the Army of Darrowmere and rejected by the Coocoostan Military, have no jobs and are cast out as part of the old order. My old homeland is shattered and I can only hope that my education here in Petersburg can help save it.

Next Sunday, Samuel talks about memories of the invasion amongst many of Tatu’s residents.

OOC: In case you missed my failed attempt to post this as a .pdf Petersburg is a town of about 2,500 that is home to the largest Airbase in the country. The nearby town of Rocky Creek is a farming community of 950. It provides both the small town stories as well as a magazine section on sundays, which chronicles more national stories.

OOC EDIT: I’ll post larger res pictures later, I made them smaller for the pdf, but since that’s fallen by the wayside…

BSC News

This is BSC News at 6, I’m Alisa MacAulay.

The International Fair Trade Agreement has been brought to the floor of the Parliamentary Congress for the second time today. It was first adressed by the Secretary of Labour, Joe McKinzie and then opened to debate. Initially the Agreement appears to have support from the Labour, Green, Unionist, Darrowmeri Nationalist, Workers of Darrowmere and some National MPCs, but other Nationals are against, along with the Heritage, Independence and lone Federalist. The President will speak to the Parliamentary Congress on Friday.

A startling Discovery in Ondakastan republic today, as the National Police announced the discovery of a mass grave, approximately 10 kilometres east of Yost. It is unknown when the bodies were interred, however sources within the CNP’s Forensic Identification office say they have been in the grave for at least 15 years, which suggests that they are from the Soviet era.

Finally, in Arena Football, the first week of the season saw a few upsets. The winners were Thornton, Summikalad, Jamestown, Ulgava, Jagadsemash, Kalibad, Vityazk City, South Bay, Ebling, San Fierro, Los Santos, Bayside, Panjuhr, Marcy L’Etoile, Wajax and South Coocoobad. Week 2 begins Thursday.

Anadahl United Takes Premiership with month and a half to go.

Niles Jacob-Premiership Writer

http://www.fc-zenit.ru/images/gallery/20041025/02.jpg
Try as they might, these Dynamo fans couldn’t keep United from winning 2-0 and taking their first premiership.

Simply, put, what is it with sports teams from Anadahl? With the glaring exception of Hockey, where while the Dragons and Skates are loved by all, they lounge in the bottoms of their respective leagues, Anadahl has the nation’s best teams. In the American Football, The Anadahl Penguins lost in the National final, beating some very good teams over the course of the year. The new indoor side looks just as good and the team in the new Outdoor league is set to be even better, so our football people tell me. The Patriots played some great baseball, finishing 32-10 and it only looked like for about 5 days in the middle of the first round that they were not going to be the league’s champions. The baseball people tell me that they’ll have some stiff competition next year, but I digress. Even boxer Maxim Glukhov, the best pound for pound fighter in the country, according to our baseball people, as the boxing guy was actually out watching boxing, trains in Anadahl, the only ranked boxer to do so. He won at the Puhdahl Bowl in May, in his first title defence and his first fight against stiff competition.

But again, I digress. Simply put, there’s something about Anadahl that is conducive to winning titles. I hear its the fans, actually, I know, that’s a large part of it. How else do you explain a team like United, a middle power in the league, having a mid-season surge that just never ended? That’s why the CHL’s Dragons moved there, because the fans support all levels of sport. We could get into how Anadahl is a smaller city than Coocoobad(1.2 million) and it’s really easy to get around. Of course, that has more to do with the fact that the city councillor in charge of transit became the freakin’ president than anything else(Hi Madame President). The fans pack the Puhdahl Bowl for Wajax, who make a mockery of the game and not just because they smell blood. They genuinely love their team. While people in the capital will throw on the red and white and head off to Spades Park once every two months and catch a game “if I have time”, the United disciples MAKE time. Screw the groceries, forget work and social activities be damned, we’re hitting the piss and watching the footy. There was an odd thing about the match I saw…they lost. I’ve only been able to see them play about 5 times this year and only once in Anadahl, they lost. In fact, one might say, they sucked. This was back in August, they lost to Aubrey FC a team that will have to fight through January to avoid being sent down. In fact, until the game after the championship clincher, which we’ll get to, they didn’t lose again. Back to the fans, when I left, I saw a man in his 40s, with his wife and kids, wailing uncontrollably, as he managed to blubber about how they were letting the fans down by losing to a weak side. This got onto the news and was played constantly for a few days.

Since then, they’ve been a hard charging, run and gun sort of team, but it all starts from the back. Ruslan Kolinko in goal sees few shots, but even fewer goals. Andrei Stolcers is a defensive anchor at Centre Back and has quite the boot that allows him to feed the two strikers, Sergei Petrov and Martins Ilie. The two of them light it up. But the two work together not because of their relationship in the locker room, but in spite of it. Ilie is openly jealous of Petrov and the fact that while Ilie leads any other goal scorer in the league by at least 5, Petrov leads him by 12, as he’s been scoring at a phenomenal rate. Petrov thinks Ilie should stop whining, which is fine, the problem is that he told me and any other reporter willing to listen and this was in August, when neither of them could throw the ball into the net. You can only imagine that things have gotten worse. My Anadahl Football people tell me yes. Notice how much of this article is just me repeating other people without mentioning them by name?

Martins Ilie explains how he won’t be back and A. United next year.

It all boiled over when the team met Kalibad FC for the first of three out of four matches against each other. Ilie got the ball and ran at goal only to have the opposing keeper pick it off his feet. He felt that his opponent had been a bit too physical, so when he stood up, Ilie tackled him from behind. Red Card, it was a no brainer really. The Lakers fans loved it, but they still lost 1-0, as Petrov had already scored. So he was suspended for the red card and missed the first crack at clinching the title. They drew 0-0 in the best goalless game you’ll ever see. But then manager Viktor Ragudin told him he wouldn’t be playing in the next match, as he was being suspended by the team for reckless play. Ilie snapped. He is only one of two players on the reserve side, the other being a 1st year player whose name escapes me because he’s been there all year. Ilie announced the next day, after Anadahl had won the league title, in his much-hyped news conference that he was sitting out the final three matches of the year, which thanks to a lousy schedule are in February, meaning the champions of the league play three games in February, something like 10 in December and none in January. After the season, he wants a transfer. Ragudin, having found a man willing to be #2 striker in Pyotor Zelinski, agreed immediately, seeming almost happy. He said he’d play wherever he’s appreciated, even if its in division 1, as his salary is guaranteed. Ilie is the kind of player who plays for a cheque and to satisfy his massive ego. Hardly any loss. What is a loss is not seeing the league champions play for 40 days. Their last game until then was against Kalibad, again, and was a game where Ragudin said the substitutes would be playing if they could get a lead. They lost 1-0 and were booed off their home turf, only 3 days after clinching a championship. I told you earlier,in case you didn’t know the President takes her official plane to see her old college team, Anadahl has some serious fans. So far, it’s doing them a world of good.

BSC Newschannel

And were back, with some breaking news from Panjuhr, where the roof to the Panjuhr dome has collapsed under the weight of wet snow, during an auto show. There is little other information at this time, other than witnesses describing injuries, many of them serious. We will bring you additional information as it becomes available.

BSC Newschannel

This is the BSC News, I’m Greg Crozier.

12 is the current death toll from a roof collapse at the Panjuhr Dome stadium in Panjuhr, with upwards of 100 injured. The stadium was hosting the Southern Oblast’s annual auto show and was filled with several thousand people when the air-supported roof collapsed under the weight of wet snow. Most of the injuries were from the centre of the stadium, with the injuries becoming less serious moving out towards the edge. Witnesses describe a chaotic scene as the roof began to groan under stress and began to sink slowly, then crashed rapidly to within 1 metre of the ground at the centre. The roof then began to collect water, channelling it into the tears that had formed. The crisis was further mitigated when the Panjuhr Police, only in their fifth day of operation since taking over from the National Police, failed to control the crowd, with throngs of people entering the stadium to rescue victims, with some of the casualties coming from the ensuing human crush. The Stadium was home to the Panjuhr Lions and Southern Sharks of the now-defunct Coocoostan American Football League and was to be the home of the Panjuhr Panthers of the successor Coocoostan Football League. The search for a tenant also looked solved as the stadium was to host as many as three teams in a Professional baseball league, but that as well fell through. The stadium had fallen into a state of disrepair in recent years, with visible grey spots appearing on the roof, as well as mould, which routinely had to be washed off. The Stadium management appeared more concerned with fixing the roof than managing the disaster, as they had attempted to re-inflate it before being stopped by police. The Panthers say that if the stadium isn’t fixed by the February kickoff of their season, they will play at the home of one of the two Panjuhr Football sides.

A violent bank robbery in Ulgava has left the robber dead after a shootout with police. The trouble began at around 11:45 AM when a lone man, armed with an assault rifle, entered the main branch of the Starlight City Bank and demanded access to the vault. Once he took the pass card from the lone security guard, he then opened another secure door, before opening the vault itself, where he found roughly 20,000 gropeks in federal gold bars. He then took the bars and made his escape via the bank’s roof, before taking off in a vehicle. It was then he was spotted by a lone police officer, who chased the vehicle into the industrial area of West Ulgava, before ramming the vehicle. Once the robber got out, he opened fire,firing approximately 20 shots before being fatally shot by police. The incident highlights an increase in crime in that city, particularly in the impoverished West-side. The incident could have been much worse, as workers from several nearby factories were just about to cease work for the weekend.

And finally, a milestone in the Parliamentary Congress as the International Fair Trade Agreement was ratified 127-88. The Treaty was supported by the Labour and Green parties, as well as the Darrowmeri Nationals, Workers of Darrowmere and the Unionist party. The Hertitage, Independence and Federalist parties were against, as well as the Nationals, members of the governing New Era Coalition. National Leader and Secretary of Defence Phillp Arnold said the vote was an honest difference of opinion and not a sign of weakness. The Nationals favoured a trade-exemption with Kelssek instead of ratifying the treaty, while the other opposing parties were opposed outright.

That’s the news. Next, we have BioPlus, taking a look at important figures from throughout the country, region and world. Tonight, we look at the life of Free Pacific States president Matthew Terrus.

OCC: I’m experimenting with this type of RP. I’ll post a short one with only two news from Lazlowia. I hope they are good enough. If not, simply delete them.

http://imageshack.ushttp://img211.imageshack.us/img211/411/lazhirfu9.jpg

Good evening, comrades of Lazlowia. This is the Lazlowia Newsreel.

Today Great Comrade President Lazlow announced, that the national flag, the national coat of arms and and other flags of Lazlowia are changed this day. As Comrade Lazlow said:

" The Revolution has ended. It is now time to creat the stable, new Lazlowia. To represent this, we decided to change the National Symbols, to represent the both the past and the present of Lazlowia. The flag consists both the traditional national colours and the Red Star of Socialism."

http://imageshack.ushttp://img235.imageshack.us/img235/633/yu1950el9.gif
The new flag

The brown represents the soil of the motherland, the black the dark past, the blue the hope for a better future.

http://imageshack.ushttp://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1460/yu1946rl9.gif
The new coat of arms

The five torches represent the five provinces of Lazlowia. The date on the ribbon is the date of day of the revolution.

The Ministry of Defence today bought three FC-1 SUPER 7 fighter planes for initial testings. If the tests are succesfull, more planes will be bought.

One of the new planes

The Lazlowian Air Force has got 25 Mirage III-NG fighter planes, but they are considered outdated by todays standard. The Minister of Defence and the Commander-in-Chief of the Air Force has decide to buy new planes, and the FC-1 seems a resonable choice. If the testing are succesfull, the Air Force will buy more of this kind of planes. The Mirage III-s will be in service till 2014.

BSC News

This is BSC News, I’m Greg Crozier.

A large snowstorm has paralyzed life in San Andreas for the second time in as many months. Flights in and out of the area were cancelled, roads were impassable, but most activities were not cancelled. San Fierro was hit hardest of all, as it’s many hills proved too difficult to navigate causing many vehicles to become stranded. The storm is blamed for two deaths near Dillimore, when two motorists attempted to walk to a cabin on Mount Chiliad after their vehicle became stuck. A groundskeeper was also seriously injured at the Avispa Country Club in San Fierro, when she was struck by a tree.

A corruption scandal has broken in the city of Krasnopol. The city of just under 100,000, the 3rd largest in Anadahl Oblast, is rife with allegations that the Mayor and city councillors, all non-partisan, accepted money in exchange for allowing a franchise of the Coocoostan Indoor Football league to operate at a city owned Arena rent-free. There was no comment from any of the councillors, but CIFL Owner and commissioner Konrad Schultz said that he was “excited to be able to bring the viewing public such an exciting product.”

Timbuktu Airlines is back in the air after being cleared by the Transportation Secretariat after a crash in Starlight City several months ago. The 757 that crashed was found to be operating with a one man crew, with the lone pilot and his wife aboard. The investigation found “An attitude of utter laziness, which the airline must correct if it hopes not only to fly safe, but frankly make money.” The secretariat also issued 28 written warnings, threatening charges, if negligence was not ceased immediately.

Coocoostan has it’s first national wildlife reserve. The Ondak Mountains National Ibix Habitat is a protected area, designed to offer shelter to our national animal. There’s no word about how large the park is expected to be, but estimates are in the area of 1000 hectares.

It was a quiet day in Darrowmere today, with the CM carrying out several weapons seizures and the opening of a school in Ambua. It has now been 9 days since the last insurgent attack in the country, leading many experts to speculate that they have either had issues with desertion, or are planning something co-ordinated.

And finally, in sport, CHL Scores, Aubrey losing to Anadahl 3-2 in a shootout, J.P Puhdahl had a goal and an assist there, South Coocoobad fell to Intel Coocoobad 4-2, Jay Mitchell had three points with two goals and an assist and it was BSC Tornadoes over the Coocoobad Red Menace 3-1. Chris McAlpine had a goal and an assist there, but TJ Wong had an assist as well, to increase his league lead in scoring to 14 points in 10 games, with 7 goals and assists.

Firstly on regional view, BBC Danistaan on the resignation of the contreversial First Minister of East Danistaan, Kelly Mi’now-Jones.

BSC News

An ambush on a CM landing strip in the Coocoo Autonomous Oblast today killed 9 Military personnel and one attacker. The ambush happened at a abandoned airport near the village of Arkasar, some 200 km Northeast of Vityazk City. A refueling truck and a C-160 transport plane were both destroyed on the ground in the attack. The military has not yet released the names or ranks of those killed, or their squadron or wing, but military sources confirm all nine were from the Air element. The attack comes after renewed Coocoo Liberation Front activity in the more remote parts of the CAO. While the Front is limited to fundraising within the cities of the CAO, they are still conducting some limited operations in the remote desert areas. The Heritage Party used the incident to criticize the government for closing all military installations in the CAO except for the Coast Guard Base on Lake Kali.

The residents of San Andreas are beginning to see releif after a predicted 5 to 10 centimetres of snow failed to materialize overnight. Roads in the area are reported as wet and bare, with limited amounts of ice forming overnight. The storm is now blamed for two additional deaths on Intrastate 2 near El Quebrados, as a single vehicle went off the road and into a parked vehicle at a roadside restaurant. San Andreas State Police say that glare on the wet surface could be a factor.

Coocoostan’s big three Airlines have begun a push to run Timbuktu Airlines out of business. Analysts say that the airline is weak after safety concerns over the crash of an aircraft being moved, as well as mounting pressure in Kelssek for the airline to be banned, closing off the main market for International growth. Everon United Airlines, Nogova International and Air Malden all gained business during the grounding of Timbuktu. So far the Transportation Secretariat says the Airline has been complying with regulations, with the first official flight going off today without a hitch, besides a 45 minute delay taking off at Coocoobad airport.

And finally tonight, President Tammy Hagans announced today the retirement of Prime Minister Lori Lueck, effective February 1st. Lueck, also of the Labour Party, was elected last year, after the death of Christina Coward. Lueck has been criticized by opposition parties for her lack of activity within the Parliamentary Congress, leaving many official duties to the speaker. Hagans insists however, that the retirement is exactly that.

BSC News

The Coalition of Anti-Capitalist Economies Confirmed today that Coocoostan’s application to the International Fair Trade Agreement has been accepted. The move comes after a year of debate at home, including a failed attempt to ratify the treaty during the last parliamentary congress. The move allows Coocoostan to trade with Kelssek, with Deputy Prime Minister Julianne Smitson saying negotiations are planned soon.

Also at the Capitol today, Craig Blain, leader of the Green Party, announced what he called “a loyal challenge” to the Labour party. Blain said that the Cabinet must be changed to switch one Labour Secretary to the Green party, with Blain himself being the lone Green member of cabinet and that the Coocoostan Military must be reduced to 825,000(reserves included) from the current 1.1 million. It is beleived the President will acquiesce tomorrow.

And finally tonight, Coocoostan doesn’t play until tomorrow, but the players and many fans descended on the city of Ulyanov with the start of the first World Water Polo championships in Kelssek. The opening day will see Kelssek take on Cafundeu and Bazalonia take on Quakmybush. The match on Saturday will be Coocoostan’s first in international competition in any sport and will be brodcast live on BSC Sport, BSC-RUS and BSC Radio 2.

Tonight on regional view, the SRK World Service is first.

BSC Newschannel

…and that’s the hourly news, for more, be sure to visit http://bsc-online.blogspot.com/ for all today’s headlines.

Nice, but I think you lost an “A” in “broadcasting” :wink:

Thanks Kel. It’s nice to see that just like Canada, your country is right there to tell other countries to stop talking with a full mouth, or oppressing its population(but if you want a contract with bombardier, that’s totally cool, because we’re sick of bailing them out).

OOC: Again, a final reminder that I don’t post news on the forum anymore, so if you want to read it(and you know you do) then you should check out http://bsc-online.blogspot.com/

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/411/lazhirfu9.jpg
Good evening comrades of the People’s Republic of Lazlowia. This is the Lazlowia News.

Today three leaders of the nationalist terror organization, the National Libertion Front(Nemzeti Felszabadítási Front), were executed.

Only three weeks ago, this terrorist group made an attack on a military base near Klozet, killing five of our soldiers. The leaders behind this attack were captured by a group of BMKFR(Belügyminisztériumi Különleges Feladatkörû Rendõrség) soldiers this Friday. The group was investigateing a suspicious house. They stormed the place, and found the leaders by surprise.

“-We didn’t expect, that we will find such a high ranking members of these terrorists.”-said Sg. Szász, commander of the group.

The three leaders were stentenced to death. They were executed this morning at Klozet Military Base. Other smaller members of the terror organization were sent to a labour camp.

The BMKFR-group, who captured the terrorists. From left to right: Private Toth, Sergeant Szász, Lieutenant Zámbori, Lieutenant Surány, Private Elek and Private Lukács

OCC: The BMKFR is similar to the NKVD.

OOC: I’m still updating www.bsc-online.blogspot.com

But…

http://media.switchpod.com/users/coocoostan/RAZR_Feb_28.mp3

I took another shot at a podcast. It’s a marked improvment(thanks for Audacity Dov), but the impromptu pop filter just muffles to the point of having to yell, so even with the filters I put on it, it’s still inconsistent. The music, in case you’re wondering, is all local(Victoria) and legal…oddly enough.

OoC: Oh I’m sorry Coocoo, the capital of Dovakhan is actually Tkânâtdövâkhîâstâât. Tschmuschaboumtopolis being the economic centre of the country. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, that was very funny; a great take on IC news. Just a suggestion, you can always highlight and clip the pops and put in white noise (Generate > White Noise).

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6738/lazhir2la2.gif
Good evening comrades! This is the Lazlowia News.

Today the Minister of Economy opened the first atomic power plant at Miské.

The new plant will provide power to the biggest industrial region of Lazlowia, the Kalocsa region. With the uranium recently found in North-Lazlowia, nuclear power is the cheapest and safest source of electric power. The industry is growing bigger every week, and the factories need power. With the new plant, this is now provided.

http://ian.umces.edu/imagelibrary/albums/userpics/10001/normal_iil-bw-xx-cb-ian-aj-0013~0.jpg
<PATRIOTIC MUSIC, IMAGE OF BIG FACTORIES>

With the 5-year-plan we build our glorious country. Produce for socialism comrade!