Geographic Size

Got an inquiry for anyone with good map skills. I’d like to get an idea of the geographic size of the Federated Alliance (particularly in terms of landmass). I know BGP’s original map had a scale of a pixel to 40km, but I’m not sure if that’s still true, and I’m not sure how I can count pixels. I’d really appreciate any help here – I’d love to get my geographic size so that I could establish a more well-founded population size.

BGP created this list back when he made the roleplay map. It might help: http://nswiki.org/index.php?title=List_of_TEP_countries_and_dependencies_by_area

This is in fact perfect! Thank you much!

Just doing some work here so I can figure out where to set it.

FPS size: 1,684,000 k.m. sq.

Population based on RL densities:
Java: 1,881,028,000 (geographical equivalent of FPS southern island)
Sumatra: 456,364,000 (geographical equivalent of FPS left island)
United Kingdom: 441,208,000 (first world island nation)
Germany: 380,584,000 (geographically small first world nation)
Peninsular Malaysia + Singapore: 303,120,000 (geographical equivalent of mainland FPS)
Indonesia: 222,288,000 (geographical equivalent of FPS)
Borneo: 94,304,000 (geographical equivalent of FPS right island)

Going to probably do a bit of research. Probably go for smaller as opposed to larger.

I’ve ultimately decided to take the average of the two most reasonable population densities: Germany and the combination of West Malaysia and Singapore. I think this adequately accounts for FPS’ mountainous geography, while also adequately accounting for its more Western culture. When considering that FPS reportedly has a world-class city (Faramount), plus a number of large cities, I think it’ll easily leave room for countryside and for sparsely inhabited mountains.

I am open to any criticism on that call, though. It’d put my population at 346 million.

And if we put names for the rivers?

((Thought this would be a good place to put this.))
Due to the recent map update, I’m finally delving into the geography of my nation. I understand that the new map will have to be converted to the old one, but I’d like a cartographer (or someone with that kind of experience) to calculate the land area, and water if possible, of the United States of Mexregiona. You see, I’m preparing my new and improved NSwiki page, and I need these stats to bring it all together. Once I’ve the areas, I can calculate population density and the like, which should help both with roleplay and the view of my nation in general. It’d be much appreciated. Thank you and good day, or night.

I’ll publish a new-old map (updated version of SY’s), then calculate the area for all the nations on the map. It’ll probably be next weekend or so.