Gesserian Maps

Well, I finally got to making a new map, and since the individual island maps probably would’ve been too…unorganized, I decided to just make this one overview map of the Gesserian Island Group.

Current General Map of Gesseria, includes major cities and roads.

:o They look awesome now, I do have the need to ask what program you use to create those maps ^^

Thanks. I used GIMP to make them. (Free + Layers = Win)

Other similar programs would be Paint.net, which appears to have better results (But unfortunately for me requires Vista SP2), and Adobe Illustrator. If Illustrator was more affordable, that would be my #1 choice, but alas, it costs about the same as a computer.

NOTE: This map is no longer valid. Please refer to the first map on the thread.

The map for the Allied State of Ena. I tried to make it in scale with the Gessen Map.

I see the most maps on NationStates have no scale,
you don’t have to add one if you don’t want to, but, in my personal view, a scale would be important to me for figuring out how for defining the exact range of the search and rescue helicopters to see if that severely-listing container ship is just within reach before that storm hits.

Your maps are pretty awesome by the way. I’m particularly liking the elevation included.

— Begin quote from ____

Thanks. I used GIMP to make them.  (Free + Layers = Win)

— End quote

Ever tried Inkscape? It’s also freeware, and as a vector editing program ideally suited to this sort of task.

— Begin quote from ____

I see the most maps on NationStates have no scale,
you don’t have to add one if you don’t want to, but, in my personal view, a scale would be important to me for figuring out how for defining the exact range of the search and rescue helicopters to see if that severely-listing container ship is just within reach before that storm hits.

Your maps are pretty awesome by the way. I’m particularly liking the elevation included.

— End quote

I would like a scale for maps, and it would be useful in adding realism. It also allows people to get a better grasp of just how big their nation actually is. One problem might be having everyone remake all their maps to fit that scale.

Thanks, I’m just hoping the elevations would make sense for the islands’ sizes. I mostly based it off a topographic map of Hawaii.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

Thanks. I used GIMP to make them.  (Free + Layers = Win)

— End quote

Ever tried Inkscape? It’s also freeware, and as a vector editing program ideally suited to this sort of task.

— End quote

Thanks for that! I’ll try it out.

Updated map for current plot.

Nice maps! I like them.

— Begin quote from ____

Nice maps! I like them.

— End quote

Thanks!

Well now, I’ll add your name to the “people who put Rand McNally to shame” list :wink:

Good work!