Global Moderator Candidates

Hello TEP Community!

The Admin Team has important news to report to you! After much consideration we have selected two people to fill the role of Global Moderators:
[ul]
[li]Drachen
[li]Yuno[/li][/ul]Over the next 7-10 days will be the Community Involvement Period that will give the everyone in community an opportunity to voice any concerns or questions on/to the candidates and/or The Admin Team.

This is our new approach when announcing new forum staffing by giving the community a voice for added transparency.

-TEP Forum Admin Team

I wholeheartedly support both candidates for the role. Especially Drachen, given her greater activity and penchant towards efficiency. Well-selected, Admin Team.

I think TEP is better off in the long run having Draceh moved up to GM. Her passion for community involvement has always impressed me.

I agree with the above statements. Both are good people who have shown effort and activity needed to hold such a position.

Great choices! ^.^

Seeing as how I am a part of the community, I’ll give my thoughts on the matter. I did check with Em to ensure it was proper for me to do so beforehand.

Starting with Yuno, she has more or less evolved into the face of the region over her terms as delegate, and considering it seems that she plans to continue contributing to the development and image of TEP, I think it is both a good decision politically and practically to have her as a Global Moderator. I’m not necessarily claiming that I believe that those who hold government positions should also hold authority here on the forums, but Yuno’s case is clearly different. Further to her credit, she has invaluable experience in administration both from her position as regional delegate and administrator of the regional Discord server. To my knowledge, she has also had some permissions here on the forum for a time, and mostly they’ve been used just to help out. Genuinely cannot think of many other candidates remotely fit for the job than she.

As for me, I’m a bit biased here but what can I say? Great decision on the part of the administration! Todd had approached me a few months back to serve as Citizenship Moderator as he believed I could handle the responsibility, and I’d have to say I’ve done pretty well in that respect. I’m familiar with administrating forums and other sorts online community constructs, Discord servers included, and I know I do well at it, though I’m sure offenders would like to think otherwise. The forums have always been an environment which I have enjoyed, promote, and cultivate. With this position, my ability to do the preceding, especially with access to the more technical side of things, will be aided tremendously. At the end of the day, much like my pursuit to involve myself in matters of government (both executive and legislative), I’m just doing what I can to make TEP a much better environment.

The only legitimate concern I could see for either of us serving as Global Moderators would be the fact that we are university students first and foremost. I cannot speak for Yuno, but I am a bit worried about my upcoming semester, and I can’t say too much how my availability will be. That being said, this past semester was also pretty hellish, yet I was able to make it work both my doing well in class and managing my duties both gameside, forumside, and on the Discord. I feel like Em and the other admins get this, though, since all of them I believe are adults with jobs, some with families, and it’s just the nature of the game. I know I will do my best to balance things for the good of all, though no guarantees can be made beyond that point.

All things considered, I do want to give a big thank you to the administration team for both the opportunity and just doing something like this in general. It seems that the previous concerns held by myself and other members of the region were heeded, particularly the administration not being open enough, not selecting active or relevant members for high ranking positions, and not involving the community in its decisions. Thank you for showing your respect and dedication to us all by making these well-needed improvements.

Knowing both candidates, they are more than qualified to serve in this role. Good luck you two.

Lala agrees with those two candidates.

Bump! Dawn of the Thrid Day.

Community Involvement Period is still ongoing! Based on response rates this CIP will close on July 17th at midnight.

I definitely support Yuno’s nomination- I believe not only is she experienced on a regional level, but has overwhelming game experience with technical and safety matters of regions. I have worked with her in several regions on NS and 100% vouch for her objectivity and clear minded approach to heated and frustrating matters. I think she would be a wonderful addition to the team.

Drachen seems to do well with technical responsibilities and certainly is active. I suppose there isn’t any harm in her addition to the team and think she would do well.

Drachen would make an excellent candidate for Moderator. She has acted fairly in public as far as I’ve seen, and I’ve been extremely active and watching for the past few weeks. Not only that, she also set up the discord and moderated it for 8 months

Also, thanks! I accept my nomination, because I have a feeling this will help TEP Census Bureau ministry much more. With the citizenship checks.

Example:

Gonna jump in for a moment and compound on the above by mentioning I did a bunch of work in drafting the entire Rules (#laws) channel though with commentary and feedback by some other admins (Yuno included). I feel like I’m especially good in the area of guidelines, both in terms of composing and enforcing them. I like to avoid wiggle room so both users and staff are clearly aware of how to behave and aren’t surprised when judgements are given, though it’s still surprising how often it happens…

I have not much to add on the decision itself, but the (self) promotional posts are a bit over the top for me. Time for questions or concerns is not the same as piling on advertisements posts as if this is an election. I haven’t agreed with every decision they have taken in their current mod/admin roles, and sometimes some decisions were too rash, so I’d encourage both to do their best, as I’m sure they will, and use community feedback themselves when necessary.

— Begin quote from ____

I have not much to add on the decision itself, but the (self) promotional posts are a bit over the top for me. Time for questions or concerns is not the same as piling on advertisements posts as if this is an election. I haven’t agreed with every decision they have taken in their current mod/admin roles, and sometimes some decisions were too rash, so I’d encourage both to do their best, as I’m sure they will, and use community feedback themselves when necessary.

— End quote

Permission was given to make use of this thread as a defense for our candidacy. In an environment where there are users who would extend false concerns or malign someone specifically based on irrelevant personal grievances, I feel it is a necessary choice to assume a proactive approach. It’s not as if the content is drowning out other instances of traffic seeing as how there really isn’t any. [edit_reason]Spelling and clarification [/edit_reason]

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Permission was given to make use of this thread as a defense for our candidacy. In an environment where there are users who would extend false concerns or malign someone specifically based on irrelevant personal grievances, I feel it is a necessary choice to assume a proactive approach. It’s not as if the content is drowning out other instances of traffic seeing as how there really isn’t any.

— End quote

No it wasn’t. Opportunity was given to the community to pose any questions or voice any concerns. It’s right there at the top. These aren’t electable positions, it’s not an examination nor nomination committee either.

I’m not aware of any environment as you describe, and I don’t presume that in TEP anyone will “extend false concerns or malign someone specifically based on irrelevant personal grievances”.

I’m also not saying that these posts are drowning out others. I’m just saying they’re unnecessary and over the top to me, and adding my feedback on the admin’s decision.

Drachen did have approval to post a statement.

Plus accompanying music

— Begin quote from ____

No it wasn’t. Opportunity was given to the community to pose any questions or voice any concerns. It’s right there at the top. These aren’t electable positions, it’s not an examination nor nomination committee either.

I’m not aware of any environment as you describe, and I don’t presume that in TEP anyone will “extend false concerns or malign someone specifically based on irrelevant personal grievances”.

I’m also not saying that these posts are drowning out others. I’m just saying they’re unnecessary and over the top to me, and adding my feedback on the admin’s decision.

— End quote

I wasn’t aware that you were made privy to all correspondence made between myself and East Malaysia to qualify your ability to make that statement with such confidence. Since I’m not in the business of divulging personal conversations, you’ll just have to take my word and theirs above on the matter. As for the rest, I’d rather not bother addressing it since that digression would needlessly derail this thread. Believe what and feel how you want.

— Begin quote from ____

I wasn’t aware that you were made privy to all correspondence made between myself and East Malaysia to qualify your ability to make that statement with such confidence. Since I’m not in the business of divulging personal conversations, you’ll just have to take my word and theirs above on the matter. As for the rest, I’d rather not bother addressing it since that digression would needlessly derail this thread. Believe what and feel how you want.

— End quote

I was made privy to the clear instructions given about the purpose of this thread in this thread. If administrators communicate different things in private than they post in public, that is rather confusing.

Also, I did not actually target your post specifically, nor the fact that you, or anyone else, can obviously make some statement here. Just that the degree of (self)promotion here was rather unnecessary in my opinion. But alright, let’s keep it at that.

Thank you for your feedback Bach! This is a community involvement period and they are part of the community would be the basic answer. I guess on the next one we can clarify that they can post whatever they want. I have no intention of sharing my private conversations that lead to the decision since that is admin confidential. What I will say is Drachen addressed concerns and made points the admin team needed to see.