Holders Meeting

I’d love to arrange a Council of Holders meeting sometime this week for Skype or IRC.

Your thoughts?

To throw out a date: how about tomorrow night (EST)?

I would love to join since I do have a more loose association but… I doubt I will because of my work schedule.

Im up for it

I’m down.

Depends on the time.

Well, I can do any time after 6 PM EST. Name a time, Aelitia!

Well I have to go to campus for internet, so after six could work for me in my time zone

— Begin quote from ____

Well I have to go to campus for internet, so after six could work for me in my time zone

— End quote

Alright. Just pop on TEP’s Skype channel and we’ll have the meeting.

I just had something come up at home and I will not be heading to campus tonight

Alright, we can have the meeting another day – if you’d like to say a time and date, we could probably plan it around your schedule.

Aelitia?

We can just hold on the forum if you like – I just thought the meeting would flow better if it were done an instant messaging service.

I am online intermittently- I have very few set times where I am available online…

Skype is hard to follow, I believe. I wouldn’t mind a forum meeting,

Alright. Well, let’s begin the discussion right here then!

In my platform I proposed renaming the Faculty of NationStates and Strategic Studies as the Faculty of Philosophy:

“Rename the Holder of the Faculty of NationStates and Strategic Studies as the Holder of Philosophy. Philosophy is more broad – the main subjects in Philosophy to be discussed would be: Ethics (R/D and more), Metaphysics (What is the meaning of NS? Does duality exist? What is “power”?), Political and Social Philosophy.”

What do the Holders think of this?

I do not like the idea of changing the name of the Faculty, as we currently have a division of material that you have covered.

We have a political science faculty, and a worldly studies faculty. Between these I believe we have the ‘philosophy’ component of what you proposed covered.

The broadening of faculties is not necessary, at least in this instance. For example, the “what is power” discussion can be placed between the political science and worldly studies, depending on the context. If this were “what is power in NS?” then it can go in the NS Faculty.

I think that’s shoehorning philosophy into drastically different fields, myself.

If you ask me, the Faculty of Nationstates and Strategy has nothing to do with broad Philosophy.

Philosophy is Worldy, if you ask me. If it is political, put it in Politics.

There is absolutely no reason to rename anything at the moment because changing things just to have the word philosophy is frivolous.

Now if we could move on to real business that we have elected you for?

That was the first point on my platform…

I find the “Worldly” category a little bit off too, to be honest. Surely it was supposed to be a RL + RP faculty. A philosophy department would be discussing topics separate from RL or RP but also separate from discussion on political science.

Reason for titles as they are

http://theeastpacific.com/single/?p=8008018&t=5172704

http://theeastpacific.com/topic/5172704/1/#new