How to make good posts

— Begin quote from ____

(In my opinion.)

Make your posts CRAP

1. Make your posts Concise, Relevant and Pithy. There’s no advantage in a post being longer than it needs to be. There’s no advantage to saying what does not need to be said. Posts do not need to be Literary to be good, but they do need to get across to people the essence of what is occurring without being boring.

2. Grammar. Please make sure you use punctuation. If you are going to misuse is then do so intentionally and with reason. Commas exist because they separate clauses. All text is read, so punctuation is required to make threads read fluently. Most people on SMS[note]SMS/Statesmanship was a NS RP spin-off by Haven, Gholgoth, and Greater Dienstad.[note] have very accurate grammar. Some do not.

3. Know what you want to say and say it. A post should, above all, have a point. So long as it has a point it can be as long or short as it needs to be to get that point across. What is there to consider about points?
    a. Does this post move the story from one point to the next, OR does it aid in giving off an image of the present situation in the story?
    b. Does the post make this point clear? This does not necessarily need to be artistic, but does this point aid the immersion of your story into the SMS world?
    c. Does the point add to the story in the above ways, or is it made only to satiate some form of inspiration? If you are inspired, then you should post. However you should use that inspiration to get across a point that advances the story, not just to create a fantasy you have dreamed up.

4. Be accurate. I don’t mean that you should post statwank, quite the opposite. I mean to say that your speech, terminology, and context ought to be immersive in the sense that it is not wildly unbelievable. We are trying to make an immersive story, not a Hollywood film.

— End quote