In The Frozen Land

OOC: I’ve been trying to keep up with the current RMB RP, it’s quite epic in my opinion, but unfortunately I missed whatever started it all. If anyone can fill in the beginning that would be awesome, but for now this is what I’ve got. I saw a few posts earlier, but didn’t think to grab them in time. I’ll edit this to add more if any more comes up, and other than that feel free to continue the “storyline” such as it is!! :smiley:

<<
>
>

runs away

(The Scritchy Furpile of Slys Paws)
“What the hell is this?” Sly said, as he walked in on some bizarre NationStates roleplay.

(The Sacred Lands of Lady Edea)
Damon shook his head, how could he possibly explain this to this guy? “This is really serious business okay? Serious business. Seriously, it is so serious that I have to be seriously serious about conveying the seriousness of it. Sheesh, you just don’t understand.”

:stuck_out_tongue:

(The Federation of Kandary)
“Awcrap.” Anna said, rubbing her eyes as she made her way out of her tent, pulled on her parka made of orphan skin, and went to make cyanide-laced cocoa. “What did I miss?”

(The East Pacific Viceroy of Barbara Manatee)
“Everything and nothing,” Damon said with a grin. “Go easy on the cyanide, Anna. Ivalsa are on a toxin-free diet. The polar bear has curled up against an ice formation for the night and I suggest we pitch our tent next to Anna’s.”

“WAIT!,” Ivalsa cried, “who the hell is Anna? Damon? You got some 'splaining to do!”

Emerging from Anna’s tent with a disheveled appearance Viktor cleared his throat, “Well Ivalsa, you see…while you were dead we made friends with this creepy little girl from Shiro and I don’t know, she’s like herpes or something, we can’t get rid of her. So yeah…um…yo Anna hand me some of the cyanide cocoa will ya woman? Sheesh I send you for a drink and you get off to gabbing…leave to a chick to screw things up,” Viktor rambled as he took a seat near the group.

(The Union Republic of South Allegheny)
As the group was arguing the bear woke up and made it’s way towards them. After a few minutes of trekking across the icy wasteland towards them he stopped stood on his hind legs and inserted a monocle into his eyes. “Hello! My name is Norman Bearstein and I couldn’t help but notice that you were following me.”

(The Federation of Kandary)
“Here ya go, Viktor!” Anna said, passing the Mahanonian the cocoa. “You know I love you best when you’re dead! Now get in the kitchen.”

“ANNA!” Viktor yelled, rubbing his eyes as he looked at the bear, “damn it woman, you put too much cyanide in this cocoa or something. The freaking bears are talking now. I mean I’ve seen some wierd crap around this girl, but damn, this beats it.”

Shrugging Damon just passed a steaming cup to the bear, “here you go Norman. We ran out of marshmellows, Anna used them to try to build a dimensional warping machine, but if you add some more cyanide it evens out the taste.”

(The Union Republic of South Allegheny)
Norman Bearstein tried to grab onto the cup, but dropped it due to lack of opposable thumbs. “What a cruel world.” He said as he slumped over in sadness.

(The Free Land of Moafin)
Unnoticed by the rest of the group, a fur-coated man was slowly walking his way from the horizon towards the encampment. He trudged on in a straight line, and then suddenly bumped into the slumped polar bear. “Leonerd the Intrepid, Log entry 213: I have come to a conclusion! Inuit snow goggles do not help in seeing a polar bear on a white plain!” He then glanced around and noticed he was in the middle of some strange encampment. “Um, hi. My, that looks like an interesting drink, do you think I may have the bears share, since he seems to be in a bit of a pout at the moment? You can have some snow goggles as trade, if you want.”

COMMERCIAL BREAK!

(The Protectorate of Puppet Caretaker)
There’s always free parking for idle puppets at Puppet Park…

(The Republic of Recruiting101)
YOU are needed in the The Albatona Republic!
Here is a region that is welcoming to all Nations!
Here is a region that is democratic and united!
Here is a region that is upcoming and influential!

YOU can make The Albatona Republic your home, just follow the link and join our illustrious region!

With YOUR help, we can make this region even greater!

• The Albatona Republic!

(The Bone Delegation of The Skeletal Plague)
The show was just getting interesting and you have to add commercials?
quickly shoots snapshots of documents in folder marked “Top Secret East Pacific Defense Documents” and then shoves it into Recruiting’s bag.
Guards! Guards! It is a spy!
points at Recruiting
And that Puppet guy is his partner!

pours new cup of cocoa, puts bendy straw into it, gives it to Norman the talking polar bear
“Here ya go big fella. The one thing we don’t need is a hungry polar bear,” Ivalsa sighed. “One loses a sense of linear time while you’re dead. You learn a lot of useful things. Problem is that most of them aren’t useful on this side. Look Viktor, you and Damon debrief this Leonerd character as he seems to have some sense of where we are. Which will help us get to where we’re going. First stop, a decent place to hole up to be safe during the gathering storm.”

wonders how she knows a storm is gathering, shrugs
“Anyhow, let’s strike this camp and head to a safer place, pronto.”

(The I broke the RMB darnit of Yy4u)
sighs

(The Douglas Kilt Wearing Warrior of -TAO-)
recruiting broke the 24-hour rule in TWP … I bet he did it here, too. And that means he could be struck by Mod-lightning at any moment. I suggest we all go indoors.

(The Might Be Delegates of The Catholic Humans)
Aura Hyperia, a new region a new start

“Ah, so the Kilted One thinks it may be a lightning storm, eh? Very insightful on knowing that a storm is brewing,Ivalsa. Maybe we better make an igloo. And don’t worry Yy, the RMB isn’t broken, it’s just taken a different flavour for a while. Maybe strawberry? At any rate, it would appear that Recruiters are more hesitant to post in the middle of a storyline, as well they should be. Come then, let’s find a spot to build this igloo. And pass the arsenic, I’m thirsty.”

Leonerd began to take down the tents and pack them onto his Alpaca-Powered sled, keeping an eye on the sky for Mod-Lightning.

(The Amused Enlightened Mind of Yy4u)
watches in utter fascination

“The odds of us being struck by lightning are low but the consequences are grave,” Ivalsa said grimly. “I’ve never seen alpacas survive subzero temperatures before, so Leonerd must have a trick of two up his sleeve.”

“I don’t trust him,” Anna said. “You have never trusted anyone,” Viktor snapped, “get on the sled or we leave you here.” Damon grinned and helped Ivasa back on Norman’s back. Norman the talking polar bear, who was fond of Ilvasa and seemed to have a sense of the time-space disturbance that surrounded her, whispered to Damon, “Trust yourself, trust your heart, don’t trust your eyes, and keep the alpacas at least 50 yards from me. If I revert to my less sentient state, it’s only fair that you give them a head start. I am a carnivore. Althought the hot chocolate was tasty and a kind gesture, I will need a real meal in the next three days.”

Damon paused, wondering if he should say what he was thinking. Norman nodded at Anna, “Yeah, I know. You humans feel guilt. I just feel desire. She’s skinny, but bears can’t be finicky. We’ll cross that ice bridge when we come to it.” Ilvasa patted Norman on the back of his head and they all trudged over the ice under the northern lights with Leonerd, Viktor, and Anna far ahead of them, headed where ever Leonerd wanted to go.

(The Sentya Diplomattika of Amnedanian Sentenia)
Hello,
The Sentenial Empire is building Warzone Sandbox to a region! We need many nations to help hold this land and protect our democratic process. It is an exciting RP and R&D based region! Join Up soldier!
3 hours ago FlagThe Might Be Delegates of The Catholic Humans Whether new or old, I bid you to come to Aura Hyperia. We are a new region from the result of a merge with Bloemfontein and A Second Try. Are members are helpful and funny, and we are a busy region filled with many debates. We feature a newspaper company, a fast food company, a weapons industry, and a whole thread dedicated to role-playing. So come join Aura Hyperia today.

(The Amused Enlightened Mind of Yy4u)
Stop that!

Time passed as they traveled and Damon began to wonder out loud, thinking his deepest thoughts aloud to all around him.

“I wonder why we are here? Could there be such a thing as God? Is science the true answer? What about freedom? Are we ever really free?”

Freedom…the question that plagued his mind for longer than he could remember. Was he really free or was this idea of freedom an illusion? He sighed as he turned his gaze towards the northern lights, watching the ribbons of color twist across the star lined sky, broken only by intermittent breaths.

Leonerd squinted through his goggles, straining to see the silhouettes of hills and cracks in the snow against a white-on-white background. His toes were staying toasty in his mukluks, he had his parka pulled up over his head, and his hands were dry with a pair of mitts covering them. It was a nice change, having people to talk to. Of course there were the alpacas, but they weren’t much for conversation. Not like that bear that kept licking its chops in their direction.

“All valid questions, Damon! Also all questions which a rock would be able to answer as well as me! I don’t know why we’re here, but as for where we are going to, it’s pretty simple. I’ve heard tell of a place in the TEP Forums that sound just right for an adventure such as this, so that’s where we’re headed! Heeyah, alpacas, heeyah!”

The snow swirled around the troupe as the progressed across the endless field of white, searching for a safe heaven.

“Alpacas you say?” Viktor interrupted, excited at the thought of a new fur coat. In fact, if they got enough alpacas, he could make an entire wardrobe out of fur! Furry underwear…the man’s greatest dream.

Slipping into his pocket, he removed the well tattered flask and took a swig before retrieving the pack of cigarettes he ever faithfully carried around with him.

“You know what I think about the TEP forums?” Viktor murmured as he attempted to light the cigarette in the wind, “I think they are a load of crap. Yeah, you heard me, a load of crap. These here RMB things are much more efficient and full of comical events. I mean where else can you get liquor and free food and have that dinner with a show? If you ask me, we should all just move to the RMB and quit the forums. But that’s just me and I ain’t the brighest egg or crayon or whatever the hell you call it,” he slurred, puffing away and inhaling the smoke as if it were a fine delicacy.