Invasion

An aquila class observer vessel, launched from the Draken-Corin in orbit around the moon, moved over the remaining Packilvanian capital ship, and brought itself to a halt. Whilst the pilot stayed at the controls, his companion got up, and climbed down to one of the research chambers in the belly of the vessel.

The device in the centre of the room had started its life as an eccentric graduate project, a demonstration of advanced gravitational control systems. Despite its now working condition, it remained little else than that - the incredible precision required for the placing of the wormhole interstices making it useless beyond a few kilometers. Still, it was fairly impressive.

The man stepped inside the chamber at its heart, and activated the machine. A magnetic scanning beam passed through his body, and in its wake billions of tiny womholes came into existence.

Each of them was but a few millimeters in diameter, each capable of carrying a single photon at a time. They didn’t coat the man; there was room enough for light to permeate in to him from the outside, but given the nature of human sight, there were enough for the purpose required.

Aboard the Packilvanian vessel, the opposing interstices of the plethora wormholes opened, knitting themselves into pattern directly in front of the Packilvanian commander.

An extra large wormhole opened, hidden inside the smaller ones. It was capable of carrying enough air that, when suitably amplified, the sound waves spoken inside the Aquila class could be heard inside the Packilvanian vessel.

The perfect replica of the man in the chamber, now standing upon the bridge of the Packilvanian command ship, opened its mouth and started to speak.

“Your message is heard, and understood. It is not our wish to partake in this conflict, but your action leaves us no choice. Nonetheless, we still aim to find a peaceful solution. To that end, you are invited to the negotiating table, to be held upon the administrative island of the East Pacific. Three representatives from your nation will be permitted to attend, and no weapons will be allowed.”

He turned, and started to walk towards the wall, and then seemed to reconsider and turn back. “Know that we bear you no particular ill will. However, if you continue to press this course of action, we will destroy you.”

He turned away again, and as he walked towards the wall the light that made up his image gradually dimmed, until there was nothing remaining.

Back aboard the observer, he saw the pilot leaning against the wall, a wry smile on his face.

“Was that little piece of drama really necessary,” he asked.

The man shrugged. “No, but you know how it is. Perception is often more important than fact, and if that little show put them in mind of exactly what we can do if we choose, then it was worth it.”

“But the whole ‘fade’ effect? I’m damn sure that wasn’t in the original programming…”

“So I made a few changes, ok? Honestly, you’ve got no bloody sense of atmosphere, have you…”

“Let’s just get back to the command vessel.”

The man stopped, briefly, as he reached the foot of the ladder. “I just wish I could have seen his face…”

Across the East Pacific, the same message was transmitted to the offices of government of The Wachovia Coalition, FPS, Hoopland, Kellsek, and Loop, though by more conventional channels. In the East Pacific administrative district, the ambassador from Codex sat down at the long table, and waited for the representatives to arrive

Will wait until Wachovia and Kelssek arrive…For dramatic effect. Hoophoopland has no negotaitors. They have surrendered and have been absorbed into the hive. I guess a few people might remain, though they probably will be extremists.

a communique arrives from the Commander to all nations involve

We greatly respect the nations who seek peace and are very appreciative of Codexian efforts that slowed the destruction of our nation.

At the same time, we will not negotiate with aggressive occupying forces that have murdered top government officials and killed millions of civilians without provocation. To do so would be to legitimize any further presence by their forces.

We will continue to respect the nuetrality of the capital region and are glad to speak to dignitaries from other nations.

ooc: you could be waiting a while

Did I miss out on all the “Fun”

Alright, let’s get down to business. We understand that Wachovia is not open to negoiations, which is fine with us, considering that we control a third of your territory and are advancing. No provocation, you say? I beg to differ.

*He waves a transcript of a speech by a Wachovian minister, with the words, “Kelssek is a misinforming, oppressive government and has lied to both its people and the entire region about the acts of the SOL.” highlighted.

a grade 9 Cylon built to resemble General Secretary Motenai walks in to the room.
a faint hum coming from his being.

“I am very Displeased at this situation. and have acted acording to IL military Strategy, an immeadiate cessation of Hostilities is required.”

"A packilvanian Neko Stands up and shouts “Hostilities will not stop, until the Wachovians are under control. We had no problem living peacefuly and expanding the hive through plebisite, until the Wachovians began their slander! We WILL NOT cease hostilities with that nation. As for Hoophoopland, they have surrendered, and agreed to join the hive. We are willing to release a few of the Hoopites as a token of goodwill, but they must leave the region of 77 forever. We will give the command to cease the advances on the Loop controled regions as soon as their military agrees to stand down!”

Hikaru’s Proxy Glares at the Nekomimi,
“those “Hostilities” are our standard Retrubutive actions against an attack on the soverign nations of the EP., Your Hostilities Initiated this Travesty, !”

he pauses for composure
“as we speak Full force is being wrought against Packilvanias Orbital fleet, and the incoming protion stil in space fold”

“As Delegate I demand a immeadiate Cessation of Hostilities on All sides.
We are willing to do so however all orbital ships and surface vessels still able to operate must power down weapons until taks are concluded”

“we Will Proceed further if needed, by your own estimates 67% of your fleet has been decimated”

The FPS ambassador stands. “Packilvania, you say that you are totally for peace, and were it not for TWC’s slander, you wouldn’t of invaded. Then what is your reason for threatening our nation with invasion unless we allow our people to be assimilated?”

“That was a strategic move. We see your nation being usesd as a staging ground by whatever forces get to you first.”

Vanus Ordo, the Codexian ambassador, nodded towards the Hikaru-lookalike.

“With respect to the honourable Delegate, such authority as to demand a cessation of hostilities does not lie within his power. In fact, we find ourselves in a legal quandry with regard to this situation. I shall leave it to my esteemed colleague to elaborate.”

He nodded to the smaller man sat to his right, who stood up and began to talk. “Under the current Articles of Confederation, there is no provision for dealing with a war between states within the Confederacy. In fact, we do not believe it can even be considered as war, as Packilvania does not retain Federal power. Rather, in any other situation, this would have to be considered as a case of grand treason on the part of the Packilvanian government.”

He paused a second for breath.

“Unfortunately, the social peculiarities of Packilvania make even this situation somewhat difficult. The existence of a collective hive-mind requires that we would have to convict the entire state of Packilvania on grounds of treason. Furthermore, legal protection requires that the state of Packilvania be subjected to a full trial by jury before any action is taken against it. Really, sir, the entire situation is a mess.”

“Thankyou, Cyrus.” Ordo turned back to the ambassador from Loop. “As you can see, the entire situation is quite ridiculous. Naturally, we don’t intend to subject Packilvania to a trial, but as I’m sure you’ll appreciate, the legal nature of this situation demands that we do. As such, we request that the Delegate calls an emergency session of the senate, either to enact such legislation as would provision us to cope with such a situation, or to eject Packilvania from the confederacy, so as to allow us to cope with this situation under more conventional means. We also demand the removal of Packilvania as President of the Senate.”

"We do not believe that hostilites were purely Packilvania’s fault. I highly doubt that any military action would have taken place had Wachovia acceded to both our and Packilvania’s demands for apology. They knew what they were getting into when they refused to apologise, then ejected our diplomatic staff and arrested our ambassador, and ignored our clear threats of military action.

The ejection of Packilvania from the confederation would accomplish little to your own ends. If you feel Packilvania must be ejected from its Presidential position, so be it, but this cannot be considered treason! How has Packilvania endangered the or acted against the confederation itself in any way? FPS has been overtaken, Wachovia is under siege, our own capital city has been decimated, but here we still are in this hall, conducting the business of the confederation! It’s still here, honourable sirs.

Perhaps its members are hurting, but the confederation itself is still solid. The United Nations does not eject member nations for waging war on other member nations, why should we?"

Ordo looked in amusement at the Kelssekian ambassador. "Quite frankly, I haven’t heard a more ridiculous account in all my years as a diplomat. Any threats of military action are irrelevant, as is a refusal of apology. Quite frankly, if the supposedly advanced hive mind is capable only of the social maturity of a spoilt child in waging war due to the lack of an apology, then it’s our combined responsibility to strip it of any power it may possess, lest it decide to turn on us because we refuse to buy it sweets.

Secondly, we cannot even begin to comprehend how you can deny a case of treason in these circumstances. Packilvania has solicited upon war against the confederation of the East Pacific. There is no higher treason than this. To suggest anything else is pure lunacy, and were it not for more pressing matters in hand, we would be sorely tempted to question your own competency to represent your state."

He turned to look back at the ambassador from Loop. “Now, if we have no further interruptions…”

"Packilvania is willing to witdraw ALL military forces <except ones needed for defense/occupation> on 3 conditions…

1: Wachovia’s hive centers MUST stay in tact.
2: Hoophoopland will remain under Packilvanian control. <They already surrendered>
3: Kesslek suffers no “punishment” of any sort. They were following orders from Packilvania.

<Packilvania consideres that it has hurt Wachovia enough to keep it from becoming any kind of real threat>

"The honourable representative from Codex misses the point! Both Packilvania and ourselves did not make war on the Confederation itself, we made war on some of its members. You may consider this a fine distinction, but the fact is the the vast majority of this region is unscathed by the conflict, and it was not the confederation we sought to destroy! No treason has been commited, not against the Confederation!

Also, we have our own conditions for the cessation of conflict against Wachovia. They must release our ambassador, and we shall keep half of the territory we have seized. I think this is very generous."

The junior aide to Commander Kreft enters the negotiation room.

My thanks to the nations of Codex and Loop that provided a visual feed of these proceedings. We respect their efforts to retain some level of sanity in these proceedings and defend the people of The East Pacific.

Let us be clear. The coalition never, I repeat, never made any direct accusatory statements of the nations of Packilvania and Kelssek. It seems these nations know little of a free press and confuse the statements of our citizens with official government positions.

The response in any case has been attrocious. Thinking that mere statements from a tiny nation such as our own should be reason for war, especially considering the hugh might of Packilvania and their standing as the leaders of the senate is absurd at best.

As such, we reject any notion that the military actions, the current occupation or the forcefull interning of our citizens into the hive are legitimate actions.

Any terms less the than the full withdrawl of all occupying forces and an investigation into restitution are unacceptable. Until such time as these terms are met, the resistance to the occupying forces will continue. Commander Kreft has assumed full leadership of any remaining forces and will remain in this nuetral city should it please the delegate.

the aide bows to the Loop and Codex representatives and stands at attention.

I am instructed to remain at your leave though we refuse to speak to the occupying forces.

I am obliged to follow the recomendations of Codex, as the Librarians are the most astute scholars of our Articles,
also should we accept a plea bargain,
We cannot allow the citizens of the WC to remain linked to the Hive mind, as they were Forcibly taken,
An insult is not grounds for military action, we are not Europe after all.

“The hive has no use for the Wachovians…All we want is the hive linke <the actual building> to stay intact in case any of them want to stay in the hive.”

I seriously douubt that they will, an agressor who opens the palm to the victimis unlikely to be recieved.

the Hive link will become property of the WC to do with as they so please.

— Begin quote from ____

"The honourable representative from Codex misses the point! Both Packilvania and ourselves did not make war on the Confederation itself, we made war on some of its members. You may consider this a fine distinction, but the fact is the the vast majority of this region is unscathed by the conflict, and it was not the confederation we sought to destroy! No treason has been commited, not against the Confederation!

Also, we have our own conditions for the cessation of conflict against Wachovia. They must release our ambassador, and we shall keep half of the territory we have seized. I think this is very generous."

— End quote

“To solicit war against members of the confederation is to solicit war against the confederation. There is no distinction. It is the second article of the Articles of Confederation, if the esteemed representative has actually bothered to read it, which we find highly doubtful. Let me elaborate.”

Standing, he took a copy of the articles of confederation from an aide, and laid it down on the table in front of the Kelssekian ambassador, pointing out the second chapter as he did so:

— Begin quote from ____

The said States hereby severally enter into a firm league of friendship with each other, for their common defense, the security of their liberties, and their mutual and general welfare, binding themselves to assist each other, against all force offered to, or attacks made upon them, or any of them, on account of religion, sovereignty, trade, or any other pretense whatever.

— End quote

“Secondly, any terms of withdrawl are entirely void. The East Pacific does not bargain with criminals. You shall withdraw all forces, return all land, or you shall be destroyed. This is your choice. If you comply with withdrawl, then we may be inclined to act leniently towards you, though frankly Codex is of the opinion that any such leniency can only be granted by the Wachovia Coalition.”

“Therefore, we propose the following. Packilvania and Kelssek will remove all forces from any invaded territories. The hive nodes in the Wachovia Coalition will remain until we can determine the effect of removing its citizens from the hive, to which aim Packilvania will provide full disclosure to enable us to acheive. If the legitimate government of Hoophoopland acceeds to remaining under Packilvanian control without the threat of military force over them, then this is of course their choice. If they do not, then Packilvania will again remove all troops from their land, and removal from the hive shall be treated in the same way as that of the Wachovia Coalition.”

“If these terms are not met, we propose to continue with our original session, and eject both Packilvania and Kelssek from the confederacy, and thus treat with them as any other warring nations.”

Ordo turned, respectively, to the delegates from Loop and the WC. “Do I have your approval on this proposal, gentlemen?”