Invisible People in the Sky: Who's your God?

I ran across an interesting question the other day, when I wondered where all our religions come from on Urth. Where are our holy cities? How did religions branch off, grow, and evolve differently from on Earth?

This just seems like something important we haven’t gotten into yet.

Had to retype this because the add reply button hates me. Jesse (Tuva) said the holy city for the TEP Abrahamic religions could be in Lyon. Relating to religions branching off and growing, I made a joke in TEP Skype last night that Christianity originally branched off of Ademarite (Asendavia and Gliat Shea’s religion). This could make sense as Ademarite is 6998 years old. But this would also depend on how old TEP Christianity is and if we decided to actually make Christianity originally branch off of Ademarite. Just thought I’d mention it. :slight_smile:

The Grand Duchy of Dragonia’s national religion is called Druidicism and worships Mother Urth, (Gaia, Mother Goddess, Urth Mother, etc.) for millennia. Even before cataclysmic event that destroyed their original homeland the flotilla that escaped reached the shores of the island that one day would become the Grand Duchy, the people worshiped Mother Urth.

The only reason this flotilla of ships was able to escape the event was the Druids had premonitions and dreams sent to them by the Urth Mother to flee with the faithful for she was going to devastation upon the corrupt. ( Think Atlantis like event and it’s destruction. )

The only sacred/holy city if you will would be:[spoiler] This ancient city was founded long before Weyrcliff was conceived, in the caldera of an ancient extinct volcano. This is the center of the national religious faith of Druidicism. Here the faithful come to learn. Here the faithful come on pilgrimages. Here the faithful come to find inner peace in this unspoiled wilderness. Even though this city is considered “modern”, you would not know it to look at. All the exteriors of the buildings are very old but well maintained. The interiors are “updated” to modern standards without destroying its historical value. The Moonstone Mountains gets it’s name from the granite that has been mined here. The granite is white with a pale-blue hue to it, like the moonstone gem. Even though the area is part of the Lairdship of Moondeep, the current High Druidess Lady Lunarra, rarely if ever enters into the politics of the Lairds Council.[/spoiler]

I had the ‘cataclysmic’ event happen 10,000 or so years ago Dragonia’s history. Which is subject to change of course.

— Begin quote from ____

Had to retype this because the add reply button hates me. Jesse (Tuva) said the holy city for the TEP Abrahamic religions could be in Lyon. Relating to religions branching off and growing, I made a joke in TEP Skype last night that Christianity originally branched off of Ademarite (Asendavia and Gliat Shea’s religion). This could make sense as Ademarite is 6998 years old. But this would also depend on how old TEP Christianity is and if we decided to actually make Christianity originally branch off of Ademarite. Just thought I’d mention it. :slight_smile:

— End quote

No offence, but that is completely unacceptable. The best solution would be to create an Israel as the setting of the origin of Christianity from its source: Judaism.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

No offence, but that is completely unacceptable. The best solution would be to create an Israel as the setting of the origin of Christianity from its source: Judaism.

— End quote

Sigh

I didn’t really mean it seriously. I meant it in more of a joking tone. Also, good job on necroing a thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I think Lyon makes the most sense, since it’s in the middle of Pax (Islamic nation) and VekU, FPS, and East Malaysia (Christian Nations)

I have no problem with Lyon being the ‘birth-place’ of Christianity (or a form thereof).

This is a game after all and RL religions can be altered for the game. Without anybody getting on their ‘soap-box’ about it.

My two-knuts worth … take it how ye will.

A lot of people develop their nations independently of the history of the East Pacific, especially when they use RL religions etc. Rewriting RL history and creating a separate parallel universe can affect their ability to integrate cohesively and participate as well as they would like.

— Begin quote from ____

Yeah, I think Lyon makes the most sense, since it’s in the middle of Pax (Islamic nation) and VekU, FPS, and East Malaysia (Christian Nations)

— End quote

This is actually the situation in TEP. Pax/FPS have fought countless wars over the control of the Holy city of Lyon. Only in modern times has the city-state been independant. This was a compromise in the last skirmish between Pax/FPS to avoid TEP’s equivalent of WW3 from breaking out.

— Begin quote from ____

A lot of people develop their nations independently of the history of the East Pacific, especially when they use RL religions etc. Rewriting RL history and creating a separate parallel universe can affect their ability to integrate cohesively and participate as well as they would like.

— End quote

We have many members who have been here for many years. Please bear in mind we also have entire nations of Cat people, Fox people, and Wolf people. TEP borrows heavily from real life and fictional sources. It is only recently that we have attempted to streamline the world we play in. As part of this streamlining, the real world of Earth does not exist alongside the play world of Urth.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

We have many members who have been here for many years. Please bear in mind we also have entire nations of Cat people, Fox people, and Wolf people. TEP borrows heavily from real life and fictional sources. It is only recently that we have attempted to streamline the world we play in. As part of this streamlining, the real world of Earth does not exist alongside the play world of Urth.

— End quote

I know that this is a game and it has nothing to do with real life Earth. BUT Let’s say I am a new nation and my nation was founded by Jews who fled persecution in the Roman Empire. When I try to integrate into the East Pacific, my religion’s holy city is no longer Jerusalem, but something else. Now I need to read up on the history of Packilvania and FPS for example, just to figure out what the hell is going, for example, just an example. Or now my official languages must change from English to Codexian or from French to Wachovian, etc. etc. Again these are just example, not accurate statements or facts, they just give an idea. Will I feel compelled to keep on RPing if there is a labyrinth of information I need to get through to make heads or tails of this kind of stuff.
EDIT: I’m not trying to offend anyone or be a wet blanket, which it seems I have succeeded in becoming. I’m also not insisting that the long standing history of the East Pacific should be altered. It’s just that I believe that simple things like the origin of a religion should remain simple and easy get a handle on, especially if those religions are RL religions.
EDIT: Guys, do what you think is right, but I strongly believe you should do so with the point I made in mind.