Joint Statement

People of Urth, I bring you good tidings for those who wish stability for the Gondwanan continent.

After the government Setzna chose to wrongfully deteriorate the relationship between its republic and the great state of Stratarin, my people have lived in fear wondering if our corrupt neighbor would attempt to invade the Motherland. Bourun and Ivlya have made bold gestures, with a Bouruni fighter plane even flying tauntingly into Strataric airspace. While such arrogance has been and will be dealt with, it presents a grave threat to the long-term survival of this region of Urth.

As some of you listening may know, the Strataric people have lived and thrived in Gondwana for over a century, expanding the education and knowledge of a myriad of tribes while providing them with safety and security. Some refer to this as subjugation, though the more learned know it to be kindness. Regardless, the Strataric way of life has been irrevocably sewn into that of Bourun, Ivlya, Setzna, Dmitrov, the Eastie colonies, and so many more. We have also established routes across the land in our time on this great continent and become a key Gondwanan trading partner to our allies.

This proud way of life I speak of, that many have known and cherished, that has been forged through conquest and sweat and tears and blood, may soon be coming to an end because of an ignorant neighbor’s foolish decisions. And thus, to keep the fabric of Gondwana and Urth itself from unraveling, I have agreed to a profitable arrangement.

The Militarized Communist State of Stratarin and the Empire of Celannica official join in diplomatic, economic, and military ties this day.

Not long ago, our nations were militantly opposed. The poor judgement of my predecessor and the bloated bureaucracy involved in the SEPC led to the unfortunate loss of many lives, in both countries: men, women, and dogs alike. However, our two nations taking measures to preserve the stability of the region is precisely an example that should be set across the world. Selflessly, we act to safeguard the order of our continent, standing side-by-side against the oppressive regimes and counterfeit republics which would seek to dismantle us.

We aim not only to protect Gondwana’s stability, but to also advance the continent’s development and trade opportunities. We refuse to allow others to have a legitimate reason for looking down on the continent and believing in inferior. Even now, Strataric and Celannican scientists and laboratories have begun limited cooperation, with the hopes of less impeded projects in the future because of these. Together, we are strong. Together, we are fierce. And together, we shall mold Gondwana into the crowning glory of Urth.

Glory to the Proletariat! Long live the Empire!

-Joint statement released from the Offices of the Premier Mikhail Starikov, Minister of Foreign Affairs Yekaterina Drugova, and Minister of Defense Pyotr Dementyev