July 5, 2011 Update

After the recent problems, near crisis actually, our foreign affairs team is trying to keep everyone as up-to-date as possible with conditions in TSP. Here’s another update from Antariel, the Deputy FA Minister:
— Begin quote from ____

The South Pacific Report

World Assembly Delegate: Topid/Daynor
Chairman of Assembly: Hammar
Minister of Justice: Daytime to Night
Minister of Security: Belschaft
Minister of Foreign Affairs: HEM (But really Antariel this week :P)
Regional Power: Extremely High
Regional Forum: http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?act=idx

Greetings, nations, Deputy Minister Antariel here. In HEM’s absence this week, I have taken it upon myself to write our regional update, for which I’m sure HEM will be eternally grateful, rather than demote me. Please do not adjust your monitor. Oh, and happy Fourth of July to those who celebrate it!

The latest coup – oh wait, no

In a rare departure for the glorious South Pacific in recent times, we managed to avoid having anyone actively attempt to overthrow our beloved region this week, causing joy and rejoicing. That said, everyone’s least favourite screenshot-faking, rant-posting, puppet-making, TSP-baiting [insert other ‘noun-verbing’ phrase here], Frak returned, this time to the summit being held in the South, and basically admitted his mighty ‘group’ is about three people (and to be honest we’re dubious about the existence of two of them). Outstanding. In related news, HEM’s stupid-powered car can now do 0-60 in two seconds dead.

The Sheep that wouldn’t die!

Visitors to TSP in the past week may have noticed a sudden preponderance of sheep and sheep based puns in the RMB. For those of you scared and confused by this bizarre phenomenon, take it up with Sheepatropolis, whose search for a new motto generated countless hours of what some observers have deemed to be ‘fun’. Jackets also featured heavily, in an example of what good-natured japes a feeder region gets up to when some people aren’t earnestly plotting its overthrow.

The Great Law Reform

Our much discussed, lengthy legislative reforms continue, with all the gravitas of Magna Carta, but without any barons going to war with a king. Voting for a Vice-Delegate has also begun, and the end of the reforms, which notably modify endo levels, seem in sight. In the words of my superior from last update, ‘Next update, fo sho’.

TSP needs you! (Generic but you know where I’m coming from, right?)

In light of recent drama, our beloved Belschaft has begun the recruitment of a new TSP army ‘to not only defend our own region but provide assistance to our friends and allies elsewhere, and project our regions influence and interests across Nationstates’. Nations are flocking to march around in uniforms and funny hats; a truly terrifying sight.

Gossip Column - Not an opportunity for the poster to air his own grudges in the slightest.

Frak the Third: Responsible for global warming via the amount of hot air he spouts?
HEM: Holidaying on his fortified moon-base?
Sheepatropolis: Actually a goat?
Belshaft: Training the army in interpretative dance?
Antariel: Seriously, who on earth let him write an update?

*All gossip has no connection to truth. Except the bit about Antariel.

In Other News:

• TSP discusses a potential theme song. ‘Burn the rope’ is rejected.

-The Embassy Revitalization Program continues apace, under the inspired leadership of Antariel (plug, plug)

-Carta gets an SC proposal to vote, celebrates noisily and at length.

Next Time:

HEM returns, our legal reforms reach a conclusion with all the speed of treacle flowing down a very slight hill, we discuss a different farmyard animal.

— End quote