The South Pacific Report

World Assembly Delegate: Topid/Daynor
Chairman of Assembly: Hammer
Minister of Justice: Daytime to Night
Minister of Security: Belschaft
Minister of Foreign Affairs: HEM
Regional Power: Extremely High
Regional Forum: http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php

Elections, Selections, What did we choose?
http://www.orpn.org/drop1r.jpg
Where those who supported my opponent in the election went to vote.

Hello, Hola, Salutations!

This is once again an update on the downlow in the South Pacific from the recently nominated, sexiest Foreign Minister in Nationstates! (Granted, the pool of candidates was a bit shallow)…

But I digress! We have recently held a myriad of elections in the South Pacific, and it is important to me to explain to YOU how everything went down. At least, after someone explains it to me…

The Delegate challenge launched by Topid was successful, with him surpassing Southern Bellz’s endorsements last week. It was a strong race and the new delegate was greeted optimistically by the region. Though, as will quickly become apparent, it has not been easy few weeks for our new fearless leader.

On the Cabinet front, only one incumbent remained in office. Guess who?

Muhahahahaha…Erm…yeah.

…Moving past that.

Todd McCloud declined to seek a second term was was succeeded by Hammer. The newly re-created Ministry of Security post was filled by Belschaft, and King_J was defeated in his bid for another term as Minister of Justice by Daytime to Night.

A strong team, a very strong team. (I’m suppose to say something patriotic every article)

Too Dumb for Fiction
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6356/884279timetostopposting.jpg
Even the cat realizes…it’s just too much

…And it has been for a while. All regions have probably seen their share of malcontents. Young children, weird adults, crazy users who just don’t understand when to stfu. Being spared of these for some time, the South Pacific has been rewarded with “Frak the Third” and his band of…well, let’s face it, probably just more of himself.

He and his puppets have been trolling around the region, trying to push fake screenshots on the nations of the region. If the content of the screenshots weren’t hilarious enough (Topid and Southern Bellz plotting how to subdue the region) the means at which it was presented will induce tears of hilarity.

The font within such screenshots, not even being the font on the forum, and posts that are dated in contradiction to…well…the flow of time. However, Frak has been adament, claiming that with these ironclad arguements we of the The South Pacific government are merely “hiding the truth”, and that the “truth can be found as he presented it,” and whatever nonsense.

The drama however as stupid as it sounds, has begun to effect the affairs of state. The telegrams sent out have lost Topid significant numbers of endorsements, and with a new round of telegrams from Frak’s gang urging the endorsing of Californiaaaaa, the nation sadly, had to be ejected at noon today.

Drama and tension are heating up, all whilst I am just bidding my time wishing I could power my car on stupid.

Legislative Reforms Come Slowly
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5533/consutionalconvention.jpg
Yeah yeah, we are still in the same damn room…

The Regional Assembly: an institution known for being quick, and nimble, and moving like the night!

Eh, or not.

Discussions for how to hold Delegate elections have stalled in lieu of the recent crisis of clowns. However a strong debate reemerged over the merits of Delegate elections at all. A point that many saw as a consensus area was brought back into the gray area as longtime resident, Tsrill pledged his support to the same system that has worked since…well…probably since the above picture was painted.

Most of the region still seems to favor the elections, however. Particularly in light of a desire to continuously prove to the region at-large that their gaurdians of trust do…ya know…do things democratically.

Trust me, we do – unfortunately. I wanted to be king darnit.

Anyway, Hammer (our new Assembly Chair) has proposed bringing the current bill to a vote, however concerns about the Law of Succession and other items have delayed this anticlimactic moment from occurring.

Next update, fo sho.

Gossip Column!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6017/69161315.jpg
As if the whole foreign update hasn’t been salacious already.

Southern Bellz: Installed Topid as her puppet in order to circumvent elections? (Okay, so it’s not original)

HEM: Won re-election as foreign minister by providing lawncare work to the electorate?

Fudgetopia: Doesn’t really like chocolate after all?

*All gossip has no connection to truth.

In Other News:

• TSP pretty evenly split between conservative and liberal.

• After RMB contest, many poets seem to be emerging from the woodwork.

• Post in The South Pacific, maybe Frak will fabricate something for you to say next!!

— End quote

Thanks for your well wishes in the other thread Todd, meant to post there first so as to keep this at the top and in order. :stuck_out_tongue: