Kingstown Roleplay - Small Town RP

Prelude - Well, first time ‘starting’ a RP on (a) forums for that matter, but what the hell why not give it a shot.

This RP basically takes place in a ‘alternate universe’, from the TEP world, for two reasons:

1. To avoid the influence of (above local) politics in the ‘town’/county
  2. to avoid anyone being in total control above Mayor, although its still Rply in some for the sake of reference, US like country.

I plan on basing things around a fictional (but based on the southern-ish US) town, where you can be as redneck,criminal, cop, or anything you want as you wish.

So for the sake of RP- it’s based in Kingstown, in the county of Vice County. The town has a population of around 500, and has everything you’d expect from a town that size - Mayor, Volunteer Fire Department, and a county sheriff’s office.

We need the following to begin of which i’ll be taking any of, then you will need to roleplay your way into a appropiate agency.

(1) Mayor (Because your playing a country game- pretty sure most people know how to RP this)
(1) Vice County Sheriff Please have some police knowledge - Leads Deputies)
(2) Vice County Sheriff’s Deputies (Please have some police knowledge - Leads Deputies)
(1) Volunteer Fire Department Chief - TAKEN
(2) Volunteer Fire Department Firefighter/EMT (Please have some EMT/FF knowledge - You still need a occupation as its volunteer)

Everything else you feel like rping is up to you- be it trucker, redneck, ect, but keep some form of income.

Non controllable events such as Weather, fire, ect, will be controlled by me unless the thread gets big and i’ll pick more people to control those events.

Now, before you make a character, heres a few things:

MAP SYSTEM:
[spoiler]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8699/hu1.png
[/spoiler]
Dark Blue = Sheriff’s Office
Red = Volunteer Fire Department
Black = Government Building
Light Blue = Business (Used)
Green = House (Used)
White on Main St. = Empty Business (you can take it)
White on W Kings, E Kings, or Vice Street = Empty House (You can take it)

Please use the adress system when asking for a house/business. (So for example, you want 11 Vice Street )

RULES
Im going to try to keep these short

1)Keep it realistic for a small town - I don’t plan on allowing EX- Spetnaz people planning on killuing the whole town.

1. Humans - I get people want to RP something different - Hell, for all inclusive purposes, I RP a ‘stuffed tiger’ for all TEP purposes, but this isnt TEP from a RP point - So humans only,please.

2. Money - I don’t want to make a complex system on how the bank is ran, ect, But PLEASE, have a realistic amount of money. You won’t have millions of dollars to buy every business in the town laying around.

3. Property - Starting your character, you get 1 free house, and or, 1 free business (if you choose to have a business) if you want to have a business, Or if you want to RP a homeless guy, Up to you, But after those 2 you need to RPly buy any property.

4. Criminals - I’m fine with some good cops n’ robbers, But be realistic. You woulden’t see street gangs in a small town like this, Maybe some hillbillies with shotguns or even a small mafia, But be realistic.

5. Killing a character - Character Kills require the agreement of both players involved, But be realistic please - Your not going to somehow survive being shot in the face at point blank with a revolver.

6. Weapons - I want a small town feel so starting with a shotgun or a pistol for self defense purposes is fine, But no AK-47’s or anything extremely stupid. Shotguns and pistols are legal for citizens as long as they have no criminal record, ect. Sheriff’s Deputies and the sheriff can have heavier weapons.

8)‘Fourth Wall’ - For all RP purposes, We exist within the actual world- not TEP, so lets not break the fourth wall- ‘I went to school at Shiro Academy’ - for example, is breaking that.

I’ll add more as I feel the need to add more

For a index of all players, please reply with the following outlook of your character, You can have up to 2 characters:

Name:
Forum Name(OOC):
Occupation(job):
Property(ies)(If applicable)
Weapons(If applicable):
Description(Picture preffered!):
Biography(1 paragraph or so is fine!):
Other:

Character Index:

[spoiler]
Name: Ethan Vanardane
Forum Name(OOC): Hobbes
Sex: Male
Occupation(job): Owner of Vice County Gas, Volunteer Fire Chief
Property(ies)(If applicable) 1 E Kings Street
Weapons(If applicable): Shotgun behind counter at Vice City Gas
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Portrait-Of-A-Firefighter-Talking-On-Radio-With-Colleagues-Standing-In-The-Background-via-Shutterstock.jpg
Born and Raised in Kingstown, Ethan first joined the Volunteer Fire Department when he was 14, and found himself rising through the ranks. He Inherited and currently owns the Vice County Gas Station on Main St. and resides on 1 E. Kings Street.
Other: N/A

[/spoiler]

Ethan took out his towel and began wiping off the now dirty countertop at the Vice County Gas complex, Business was rather slow- He always hated days like this, and after finishing turned the countertop TV on, kicking his feet up on the counter he just wiped clean…

“And a band of storms should be coming in over Clark, Miranda, and Jamestown Counties this afternoon, extending well into tommorow morning”
He turned the volume up
“And we expect at least several inches of rain, moderate hail. and even the possibility of Tornadoes, we advise everyone in the area to keep a eye on the news”

“Well, here we go again” muttered Ethan. “Last time something that big came through in 2002, nearly flooded half the damn town”. He sighed, looking up and down Main Street, then turning his eye to rolling stormclouds. He then proceeded to casually walk back inside and began stocking the shelfs of Water, Flashlights, and other essentials after giving them a mark-up of a few dollars or so.

“Damn paranoid people flood the shop thinkin its the end of the world, Heh, few more bucks for me.”

He then cracked open a can of Cocacola and went back to watching TV behind the counter.

Alright, I’ll give this a shot. I might add another character later, but for now, it’s late, so I’ll just get a bio going.

[spoiler]
Name: Raymond (Ray) Felton
Forum Name(OOC): Todd McCloud
Sex: m
Occupation(job): auto mechanic
Property(ies)(If applicable) small house, works at the local garage
Weapons(If applicable): pipe wrench, small show knife collection he got at a flea market
Description(Picture preffered!): http://withthegrains.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/mustaches-kill.jpg?w=625
(I have no idea who this person is irl)
Biography(1 paragraph or so is fine!): Born outside of town, never really aspired to be much. Run of the mill guy with mediocre grades in school. Went to the local trade school to learn how to work on cars. Graduated high school, then went to work at Kingstown. Been there ever since. Is a big Braves fan. Favorite beer is Genny Cream Ale. Bought his favorite chair at Goodwill. Likes barbeque. His vices are beer, strip clubs, and people who insult the Atlanta Braves. Fairly unassuming fellow.
Other:[/spoiler]

— Begin quote from ____

Alright, I’ll give this a shot. I might add another character later, but for now, it’s late, so I’ll just get a bio going.

[spoiler]
Name: Raymond (Ray) Felton
Forum Name(OOC): Todd McCloud
Sex: m
Occupation(job): auto mechanic
Property(ies)(If applicable) small house, works at the local garage
Weapons(If applicable): pipe wrench, small show knife collection he got at a flea market
Description(Picture preffered!): http://withthegrains.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/mustaches-kill.jpg?w=625
(I have no idea who this person is irl)
Biography(1 paragraph or so is fine!): Born outside of town, never really aspired to be much. Run of the mill guy with mediocre grades in school. Went to the local trade school to learn how to work on cars. Graduated high school, then went to work at Kingstown. Been there ever since. Is a big Braves fan. Favorite beer is Genny Cream Ale. Bought his favorite chair at Goodwill. Likes barbeque. His vices are beer, strip clubs, and people who insult the Atlanta Braves. Fairly unassuming fellow.
Other:[/spoiler]

— End quote

Accepted (yet can’t edit the thread,lol, You can edit yourself into characters and edit the map if you want

I’ll give you 1 W. Kings st. and a garage on Main.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8162/2zs.png

Character profile, for the time being.
[spoiler]Name: Harry Bore
Forum Name(OOC): Lazlow
Occupation(job): Writer of novels, formerly a plumber.
Property(ies)(If applicable): A house.
Weapons(If applicable): None, unless we count household objects as improvised weapons.

(That’s John Ireland, in case you wondered.)
His studies at college were cut short, when his father died, and thus he had to find some work, eventually becoming a plumber. Eventually he married a girl name Francine, who encouraged him to follow his old dream to become a writer. As luck would have it, his novel became a hit, and he went on to write further novels. While he made enough money from his writing to live confortably, he and his wife drifted apart, eventually divorcing. After the divorce he moved to Kingstown, to lead a more low-key life. Has a daughter, Judy, from his marriage, who is currently in college.
Other: N/A[/spoiler]

— Begin quote from ____

Character profile, for the time being.
[spoiler]Name: Harry Bore
Forum Name(OOC): Lazlow
Occupation(job): Writer of novels, formerly a plumber.
Property(ies)(If applicable): A house.
Weapons(If applicable): None, unless we count household objects as improvised weapons.

(That’s John Ireland, in case you wondered.)
His studies at college were cut short, when his father died, and thus he had to find some work, eventually becoming a plumber. Eventually he married a girl name Francine, who encouraged him to follow his old dream to become a writer. As luck would have it, his novel became a hit, and he went on to write further novels. While he made enough money from his writing to live confortably, he and his wife drifted apart, eventually divorcing. After the divorce he moved to Kingstown, to lead a more low-key life. Has a daughter, Judy, from his marriage, who is currently in college.
Other: N/A[/spoiler]

— End quote

Added, your house will be on 1 Vice St.

Heres the current map:
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4496/v2b.png
Will add both of you into the index (if anyone checks them :P) if my citizenship gets approved so I can edit the thread, but feel free to hop into the RP regardless.