Kitchifi Resort

((OOC: this message has been delivered to all heads of state privately. Any links have been added superficially.))

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF SHANGO

Welcome to Kitchifi, the newest and most private resort in all of Urth. This resort is designed as a personal getaway for heads of state, diplomats, very important persons (VIPs) with respect to their nations, and all sorts in between. We encourage various conferences and meetings to be held in peace and in privacy while one familiarizes one’s self with paradise.

While we are certainly the best place for multinational meetings, don’t let the stress and vigor of diplomacy wear you down. Please view our map of the grounds below. You will find plenty of restaurants, world-class suites, and various activities dotted about the resort. Perhaps you fancy a private dinner at our Piano Bar as soft tunes are played while the warm eastern wind moves across the bamboo huts and palm trees. Or, maybe you would rather a morning swim, followed by an intense yet exciting dive to view our splendid reefs just north of the resort. If not, why not wading in one of our pools while our service men and women cater to your every need. Whatever your needs, we hope to fulfill it. We are, of course, at your service, and are just happy to serve you.

Shango - NSWiki, an island nation located near the equator, is a nation that currently does not hold any traditional alliances or allegiances with any nation, though we are on good terms with many. We have a strong military and security abound to protect our guests from any unwanted intruders. Our leader, President http://nswiki.org/index.php?title=Ankyola_Bikongi respects the privacy of her guests but is not interested in forming deals at this time in order to maintain the neutrality of what is to become the most popular resort and discussion pad for all current and aspiring leaders.

As we say in Shango, Est vorinero bast islenerieve in Unonian, Omobo Kaboruti Mambasibibo Popolago in Batongan, and May your dreams fly like birds in English!

http://oi63.tinypic.com/eu32gk.jpg

Flushed with success over the mining proposition, Ankyola Bikongi, President of Shango and newly-dubbed “Mos’ Def’ Top Bop” had once again taken an interest in foreign affairs. It was a bit cooler now than during the summer when the mining activity continued, but it was hard to tell in the Governmental Assembly building located in the capitol, Wombo Lombo, especially since all governmental buildings now had their coveted air conditioning.

The mining scheme worked. What little gold they did find, they kept to themselves undercover in the sifting facilities located off-site, and let the companies know of only a very small portion of discovered gold. That was of course distributed to whatever entity found it. Some companies were still digging, but most had pulled out and received their cash downpayment in full, while Shango fed itself off the interest accumulated in shifty banking operations. It ended up being better than expected for Shango and, aside from the PR disasters with drunken worker revolts and bushnu attacks, Bikongi rose from the situation with more confidence in her international dealings.

All one had to do was look where the money was sent. The extra money was used not only for air conditioning governmental buildings, but updating several cities, increasing transportation, and re-investing it back into the economy. At least a small portion was spent building resorts to lure curious travelers in. One such resort - Kitchifi Resort - was built for heads of state.

“Yo, President Bikongi!” shouted one of Bikongi’s diplomats as they inspected one of the suites from across the hall.

“Yo yourself!” she shouted back. She was turning on faucets, switching on and off lights, and flushing toilets so that she knew from her own experiences that these facilities were ready. She waited for her diplomat to join her presence.

“President Bikongi, we be ready with the peeps zoomin over to Kitchifi. We picked the best of staff to be mixin’ and fixin’ the drinks and the food. They look so trim in their tuxes. They are finishmentisted and ready for the eye-looks.”

“We need dis place to be no-spotto and souped up toot sweet! Polish those sinkheads! Sweepy sweep the dust! Cease yo sky-braining and make with the zoomies!”

The diplomat looked bewhildered as he stared at her aviator-shade-covered eyes. “Yes, Top Bop!”

“Mos’ Def’ Top Bop! Dis be bringing in all the top bops from the globe. They be droppin’ major moolah boolah here and will be good if we be on our best appearencimiste. They want a good time? We give them good time!”

((OOC: Note: Ikrisia and her guest are staying at the resort for approximately one week, even if the RP goes a little longer than that in real-time))

Near Area 12

Subdued synth music played calmly over the loudspeakers and mixed well with the sweet-smelling air that surrounded the resort as the late afternoon set in. The beachfront near the resort was particularly picturesque and pure blue skies interrupted only by a slowly descending sun met the turquoise tides on the horizon, occasionally dotted with small craft or birds. Beige beaches were perfect locales for lounge chairs, hammocks, and small open-air huts and were bedecked with coconut drinks and liquor cocktails. And while it was indeed warm, a soft breeze blowing in from the ocean kept any unpleasantness to a minimum. And, even if the sun did manage to become a bother, the tall, mature palm trees and umbrellas offered just enough respite.

In short, while Shango was known to be a bit odd of a nation, they seemed to know how to make a great resort.

“No offense, but I sort of don’t really… fit in here,” Yensey Nekuslov said. He wore a pair of black shorts with a white stripe down the side - fairly rudimentary for a Vekaiyun. “I’ve never actually been to a place like this before.”

“Don’t worry, I don’t really fit in here either,” Ikrisia replied. She was wearing a one piece swimsuit with swirls and prints of varying shades of green. It was designed for competitive swimming, as most swimsuits in Vekaiyu are designed for functionality. Large shades hid her eyes. “But I learned early on that if one didn’t take time to relax, it was rather easy to burn out.” She set a glass in the sand near some snorkeling gear.

“Yeah, that sounds right.”

Ikrisia and Yensey had managed to keep their relationship out of the public eye since June, but the safeguards they had put in place were beginning to crack ever so slightly. Ikrisia, who needed a bit more time away from Eldura, would find any excuse to travel to Provinsk, as Yensey had yet to make a commitment and move to the Vekaiyun capitol. Perhaps it was good that a new job was on the horizon, as his work ethic was noticeably reduced, especially lately. But he didn’t want to be handed a job; rather, he was looking to move up and wanted his credentials to speak for itself. Still, the prospect of maintaining a relationship with the Premier and consistently delivering with formulation deadlines made for a foreboding situation. It was what he wanted, though.

“Don’t you take vacations often?” Ikrisia asked, peering from her shades.

He shrugged. “Of course. But not like this. I’ve been to the beaches near Calesu, but usually a vacation for me is traveling to Fek, or places near Provinsk. Or even Listonia. I’m… not much of a traveler. I appreciate familiar surroundings.”

She smirked. “Don’t we all.”

“You’re not a traveler?” Yensey asked with bemusement. “You’re the Premier! You’re always going everywhere. Especially when you first started. You were like two people or something, it seemed.”

“I didn’t like it. I just did what I needed to do. That’s what was important.” She shifted in the reclined lounge chair she was resting in. “But I’ve grown accustomed to nice beaches. The previous Minister of the Interior, Vinsent Miloskari, kept pushing me to take time off.” She smiled slightly. “It was so bad that he ended up scheduling stuff for me before I took the initiative.”

“I remember him. He was the native son. He was one of the few that stood up to Selvala.” Selvala McEva, the previous Premier of Vekaiyu, was still serving time in a Carbonis sanatarium.

“He was a mentor to me, really.” She sighed. “I was just a Kral Commodore - I never served in a state position, so I didn’t really know what to do. He taught me how to do much of this. Talking to diplomats. Showing personality instead of just meeting objectives. Heck, having a drink now and then to show I am alive. That sort.” She turned to him. “You would’ve liked him, really.”

“Ma’am?”

Ikrisia turned and beheld a lemurian server wearing a stiff white cotton button-down shirt and stiff white cotton pants - the uniform of the resort staff.

“Would you care for another glass, ma’am?”

“Of course she would!” Yensey replied. He watched as Ikrisia smiled.

“Make that a double… for the gentleman that is my companion.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

The two watched as he slowly walked away from them.

“Worried that anyone will know it’s you still?” he asked.

Ikrisia shrugged. “We might be safe here. But I know eventually we’ll have to let it be known publicly. You still like me… right?”

“I do. You know that. When are we planning on letting everyone know?”

“In time. It… has to be the right time.”

Kitchifi Resort, 1430 Hours. 11.8.2016

Saite lay just on the edge of consciousness atop her beach chair. The ocean breeze carefully pushed away the heat before it could become uncomfortable. Her umbrella swayed under those same winds, ruffling around to mirror the palm trees that dotted the resort grounds.

“Your drink, ma’am?” A waiter approached her and she opened one eye. “I’ve got the beverage you bought earlier, the Yañada?”

Saite tried to laugh it off and replied. “Sorry, I think you’ve got me mixed for someone else. I haven’t ordered a drink.”

The waiter drew a receipt from their pocket and blushed imperceptibly. “M-my mistake. Sorry to disturb you.”

“No harm done-” She began, but the waiter had already begin to speedwalk over to another beach chair, where a long-haired vulpine was sunbathing.

Cute person alert… They wore a conventional red bikini set, and their wet fur sparkledv dully in the shaded sunlight of their imitation palm-leaf umbrella. She scanned the area for others, and saw only one other couple beside herself and the mystery person.

She had a plan. Striding to the bar, she ordered a… What was it? Yañada? Yea. One of those. The bartender handed her the drink (it smelled like pineapples) and she went turn around and-

She bumped into the mystery person! The vulpine immediately chided, “Looks like we share a taste in drinks, luv.”

Leon Surk began walking to the pool, back from his two mile swim that consumed fourty minutes or so. Sand still coated the soles of his feet, but it didn’t matter to the fifty something year old man. Grey hairs suggested experience, but his tattoo covered body suggested energy. It was apparent that the old fart was no slouch, having maintained a good shape at two hundred and thirty pounds of muscle.

After a saunter, he plopped down on a nearby beach chair and relaxed. Various tattoos stretched across the torso; skulls, the grim reaper, the Veridian flag before it became part of the Northern Gondwana Union, and various other tattoos that depict his adventures. For now Leon was on vacation, he had no interest in pursuing covert agendas and the sort. It was the final vacation before retirement on a nice sunny beach with rum in a hand.

Konstantin Charkov, Minister of Culture in the Most Serene Republic of Stratarin relaxed in a reclining beach chair, wearing a tight swim shirt and normal trunks.
“I needed this,” he said.
To be fair, Anatoly probably needed it more. Being Minister of Defense and War and all that. But he was off courting some Reconian noble. Rurik was a little too old to enjoy this as much as Konstantin, a young man, could. Plus, wasn’t he off securing a treaty somewhere? As for Igor, the man couldn’t have a good time if he was paid to. Anastasia could definitive use the break, and would probably look rather attractive in beach garb. But she declined the offer presented to her by Gen-Sec Drugov, so here Konstantin was.
And he couldn’t complain. He was basically sent just to wave around the Strataric flag, make sure that Stratarin was still relevant and had a voice in the political side of things, and do whatever else he wanted.
This involves lots of relaxing. Preserving the past’s artifacts and ways of life is very stressful. You need to get away from it all occasionally.
And this place was the perfect way to do so.
Attractive women, tropical drinks, weather to die for. No abysmal cold like Stratarin, no General Secretary looking over your shoulder.
“I might just move here,” he murmured.
After several minutes/hours (he wasn’t sure which), Konstantin rose from his position and took a leisurely stroll down the beach, taking it all in. Sun, sand, surf.

Lieutenant Julian Kranz walked behind Deputy Director of Foreign Affairs Jack Ley, sweating in his Navy Dress Blues which were meant for winter. He longed to get to his room so that he could change into his summer Dress Whites. In front of him, Jack was wearing swimming shorts and a Hawaiian shirt over a white T-shirt.

“Can’t take the heat Julian? I’ve seen your uncle wear a sweater in the summer before and he said it was cold” He looked behind him at Julian, who was assigned as Security Detail for the Setznan Delegate.

“I don’t understand how he says it’s cold in the summer, sir. But I know that I will have Charlie’s head when I get back.” Julian replied with irritation. Lieutenant Jr. Grade Charlie Chapal misinformed Julian about the climate in the Democratic Republic of Shango. Information which Julian knew he should’ve disregarded, but Charlie persuaded him to bring four sets of Dress Blues, three sets of Dress Whites, and five sets of civilian/swimming clothing. While Jack relaxed on a beach chair, Julian shed his blouse and hung it on the chair. He loosened up the collared shirt beneath and sat in the shade.

“I’ll just sit here and watch over the Deputy Director from afar, hopefully nothing wrong happens in this place” He let out a sigh of relief and relaxed in the shade, needing the break from Luzen and the war.

(100 POSTS! HUZZAH!)
[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/tT5cUtI.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/wvYUDQA.png
[/spoiler]

“Another day in paradise. Well, close enough to paradise,” Susan Locke thought to herself as she lay in her lounge chair right next to the pool. The area had a calm quietness to it besides the soft footsteps of waiters and faint music playing in the distance. She wore a one piece swimsuit colored dark green, recently purchased on her trip to the resort. If she was going to relax, she was going to relax in style.

She was actually lucky to have this time to get away from all the problems currently taking place in her nation. So when she heard of a new resort opening up, she was quick to schedule a trip for one week. Even if she was not staying for long, any break from work was a good break. At least here she would not have to listen to dozens of yelling chambermen, do tons of paperwork, and the worry about the current situation taking place in the nearby islands. Here she can finally be left in peace.

Or so she thought when her phone rang next to her. “Ugh, just leave me alone.” Susan reluctantly grabbed her phone to see who dared to bother her relaxing period. “What is it?” She demanded into the phone.

“Hello ma’am.” It was the voice of Teresa Avara, Susan’s top advisor. “We have reports of a current situation taking place along our sea bor-”

“Yeah yeah, I know we have an issue with our neighbor,” Susan interrupted. “If it isn’t a war then please just email the information. Go bother someone else. Go bother Romano about the situation, he is the one who controls the military. Now do not call me again unless it is urgent, got it?”

“But ma’am-”

“Leave. Me. Alone.” She then hanged up before Teresa could answer back. Replacing the phone with her drink, she leaned back into her chair and continued to daydreaming. “Now where was I? Oh yes, close enough to paradise.”

“Gosh, the beach is getting a little crowded.” He watched as Ikrisia picked up a sunhat and placed it on her head. “You alright?”

“Hmm?” Ikrisia asked as she set her drink down. “I’m doing well. It’s a nice day and rather relaxing.” She shifted in her seat. “It might not be a bad time to go snorkeling, though. See the various fish, coral, perhaps even a ray or two.”

“Anything to get off this beach, eh?” He smirked a little as Ikrisia trickled out a sigh. “It won’t be that bad.” He turned to her. “Seriously, I like Ikrisia the person but Ikrisia the person is attached to this life. If this is your life, I’m willing to share it with you.”

Ikrisia eked out a smile. “Thank you, it’s just… different. But you are persuasive. Perhaps you’d be willing to work in diplomacy?”

“Heh. I’ll stick with molecules, thanks.”

Back at her chair, Saite learned the name the mystery person. Well, a little more than their name…

Her name was Alexander Hannah Quinncy. She mmm by Alex. She turned 24 tomorrow (Sai’s age!). Her favorite color was Orange. She loved swimming but hated roller coasters. She lived for the tangy taste of Yañadas. She had some considerable disposable income, and finally, she genderfluid. Neat.

She’d been at resort only a day, and here by herself. She finally stopped spilling her own secrets and asked, “Why we take this conversation back to room?”

Saite’s cheeks went crimson from the thought. “I-I was planning on going the water…”

Alex seemed to sense her unease and agreed. Over the next fifteen minutes, the two built a totally awesome sand castle.

Konstantin, a bit thirsty for something strong, stopped by the closest bar. Looking at the menu, it took him a moment to notice the beauty of the bartender. She was as tall as she was lovely, her long hair was colored the jet black of a raven’s wing, and her skin had been tanned ever so slightly by the sun. Flustered for a moment, Konstantin fumbled. “I’ll have the… em,” he looked down briefly in embarrassment, then glanced at the menu, “the Zyr, please.”
She chuckled, her laugh like running water, and poured him his drink. As he took it, he managed a “thanks” and started to walk off. Stopping himself a few paces away, he turned around and returned.
“Say, maybe later, do you want to spend some time together?”
She gave him a small half-smile. “Tell you what,” she said, her voice sounding like a calm sea, “you give me your number, and I’ll call you later this evening.”
Konstantin smiled in spite of himself. “Of course. Yeah, um,” he recovered. “I can’t wait until then.”
She chuckled again, as he handed her his number.
Konstantin had restored museums all around Stratarin. He had written one of the most famous Strataric history books. He had been selected as a minister by the General Secretary himself.
But he had never felt more jubilant than this moment.

Julian sat on a bar stool next to Konstantin, acknowledging the other man there.

“Guten Tag, sie sprechen sie deutsch?” He asked the stranger next to him in German as he ordered some scotch.

He then chuckled, and started talking in Common, “Hah, just joking with you. I’m Julian Kranz, a Lieutenant with the SMDF. I’m here as ‘security detail’ for that young bloke over there”

Julian pointed to the Deputy Director of Foreign Affairs just relaxing on the beach chair without a care in the world.

Konstantin glanced at the Director, then looked back at Julian and smiled.
“I’m Konstantin Charkov, Minister of Culture in Stratarin,” he introduced himself. “But please, call me Konstantin.”
After taking a sip from his drink, he spoke again. “I trust your job has been…” he searched for the word for a second, “uneventful thus far?”

“Aye, ever since I was put on standby” He sipped his scotch and put it back down, sighing.

“Do you miss battle?” Konstantin asked. “I was military once, but I prefer the calm to the storm.” He takes another small taste of his Zyr as he looks at a point in the distance. He blinks after a moment, then looks back at Julian.

“Not really, it was pretty much hell…” He took another sip of scotch.

The two men sat silently for a moment. Breaking the silence, Konstantin started to rise. “Well, I’ve still got an island to explore. It’s a shame that you’re on bodyguard duty. A companion would’ve been nice.”

“Ah I see, have fun then” Julian continued to drink his scotch.

A man sat alone at the otherwise deserted bar. The bartender had abandoned her post to wipe down the tables across from the counter.

Saite and Alex had constructed, attempted to keep standing, and mourned the collapse of two rather complex works of sand-based architecture when they noticed this man’s friend leave. Wordlessly, they agreed that maybe they could use another friend.

“Hey!” Said Saite, sitting on the barstool next to the uniform-clad man.

“'Sup?” Added Alex, sandwiching Saite between herself and the guy. Alex waved the bartender back over and got herself a Poleranian Mix.

“Where are you from? I haven’t noticed you around until today…” Saite asked, trying her best not to squint despite the enclosed space’s lack of opaque roof. The sun shone through the imperfect straw thatching and assaulted her pupils despite her attempts to shove it away with her left hand.

He acknowledge the two other people who just sat beside him.

“I’m Lieutenant Julian Kranz, “extra” security for that bloke of a Deputy Director over there,” He pointed over to Jack, who noticed him pointing and the other two ladies and waved. Jack then went back to relaxing in the sun.

“So what are the names of the fine people who came to keep me company?” He asked, ordering another cup of scotch. By this point, he was already on his 3rd cup of scotch and still not drunk.