Legislative Congress?

The Government of TEP is a generally functional place, and does not have many elements of In-Character play. The Magisterium and the laws passed there are for the most part procedural, and I would like to test the waters for opinions on a more structured and long-term IC Legislative Assembly.

This could in itself be a chance for a role play which has a wider range than the usual rp-ers, add depth to other story lines, and be the starting point for new ones.

Coupled with the possibility of a new continent, such a Congress could be interesting. I would like to get some thoughts on this, and a discussion going on how this could be implemented.

This is an interesting idea. I know of only two successful IC legislatures. The World Assembly, and the NSG Senate.

In both cases, the legislators ignore descriptive elements such as character creation. They instead focus on the laws. The roleplay is thus being a representatives that debates real life elements that are not a part of gameplay legislatures.

Are you interested in turning the new “continent” into a nation like the NSG Senate or supranational organization like the European Union?

I am open to any ideas, of course. Something kind of in the middle could be a VERY loose federation in which nations are considered “provinces” or “states”. They could role play in the federal legislative assembly in that way.

Hmmm, so sort of like a confederation…the Confederated East Pacific perhaps?

Too beautiful.

This new continent is on the EAST of the map isn’t it? To prevent confusion, like the Confederated East East Pacific, or to depart further like the Confederated States of the Far East Pacific?

Although it is gorgeous the happenstance here.