Looking Outwards

Domestic Minister James Stevenson was bored. He was usually the second-in-command to Prime Minister Adam Wilson, but Wilson was busy in Emberwood Coast, along with Foreign Minister Bartholomew Smith. Wilson had left Stevenson in charge. The Prime Minister just didn’t know what faced him when he returned.
Recently, the government of neighboring Haaviland collapsed. Tretrid occupied the largest space on the peninsula, and people wanted the remnants of Haaviland annexed. People also wanted Tretrid to have the islands neighboring Tretrid (other than Mexregiona and The Atlae Isles).

Stevenson was nervous, though. He did not know what would be the reaction to annexing Haaviland and the unclaimed neighboring islands would be, and he didn’t want to take any chances with the election so close. If expansion failed miserably, then he would lose the election. His polls had plummeted after the destruction of Myriad Station, along with Prime Minister Wilson’s approval rating. He did not know what to do, and he knew that Wilson wouldn’t return for a long while. He also knew if he didn’t make a decision, his opponents would sling mud at him by pointing out his indecision. What would he do?

Maya Jaxacyl looked at the opportunity to annex land, knowing it might alienate Tretrid. “Perhaps Tretrid could take mainland Haaviland, and an island, and we can take the rest.” She typed up a telegram to Calvin the I, Kyle Richards, and James Stevenson about this. She also sent it to Adam Wilson, with full knowledge that he would never read it until his return.

Domestic Minister James Stevenson and Defense Minister Kyle Johnson were conducting a meeting concerning Haaviland. Prime Minister Wilson still hasn’t returned, so Stevenson was still in charge. On the table was a map of Atlantia. They were discussing on how to annex Haaviland without seeming imperialist. Stevenson said, “Well, why not let Haaviland work as it did, but people there have to pay Tretridian taxes and open borders with the other parts of Tretrid?” Johnson suggested, “We probably should make Haaviland an autonomous administrative division. Of course, they still have to pay Tretridian taxes, and they will still officially be part of Tretrid.” Stevenson replied, “Hm… sounds like a good idea. However, annexing Haaviland may cause me to lose the election in eight days.”

Executive Building, Tretridia, 10:54 PM PST
Stevenson walked into Prime Minister Wilson’s office. Wilson had put off the annexation of Haaviland to after the 8th. Stevenson asked, “Anything on the annexation?”
Wilson replied, “Well, the Northwest Cascade annexation is going fine. I heard the General sent them off to Victoria.” He sighed. “I also decided to change our plans. The annexation of Haaviland will begin today.”
[hr]
Fort Johnston, 2300 hours
The General was in his office when he received a message from Defense Minister Johnson. Johnson said, “We will begin the annexation of Haaviland. I trust you to send enough soldiers into the remains of the nation to raise the flag of Tretrid over the land.”

The Atlae Isles knew that like Cascade, the land known as Haaviland wasn’t stable. So they started mobilizing, and dispatched troops from Fort Andromeda to subdue them.

But they waited until Tretrid made the first move. While they waited, a detachment from the vanguard captured the islands between Tretrid and Northwest Cascade.

OOC: They’re already part of Dovahofkiin

OOC: I don’t think so. I think those islands were part of Dovahofkiin’s territory AFTER I annexed the nearby islands. I remember talking to you, and you mentioned leaving some for you to annex later.

VROOM!
The 2nd Division was on the move. They were the individuals assigned to secure what remained of Haaviland. At command was Lieutenant General Jonathan Walker. They were riding into Haaviland in armored vehicles and tanks. Walker checked his map. They were in what was formerly Haaviland.