Map Request Thread

If you wish to claim a spot on the map, please post here with:

• The number of the territory you want
  • Your nation name (this does not have to be the same as your NS nation name or your forum account name)
  • Your flag (If you have one)

Read thoroughly through the map rules before requesting a territory. If you are requesting a plot with a history, please PM me for the details.

This thread is also the place to post if you want to:

• Announce any gains or losses in territory (with links to the thread in which the change occurred). I may simply do this for you if I see the thread and you don’t post here, but I’ll let you know if I do that.

• Request a change in details of your map territory, within reason. I can add or remove offshore islands, make your coast flatter or smoother or fjordier, add inland lakes, and tweak other minor details if you feel that your nation’s storyline or theme requires it.

*Request a change in the texture that represents your nation on the map, within reason. Right now it’s all granite, marble, and precious stones, but I can change yours to other things if you want - flowers, steel rivets, circuit boards, etc.

*Request that your capital or other major cities or landmarks be added to the map.

• Vekaiyu (Natives call it by my forum name, pretty much.)
  • Currently being voted on.

Nation’s profile:
http://thesouthpacific.wikia.com/wiki/Todd_McCloud

To nations around my nation (don’t know if this matters any): this nation has recently had a sort of large expansion before the previous leader was killed. Dunno if this matters or not.

76, The Republic-Khanates of Dovakhan (Dovakhan)

Thanks, Kand :smiley:

I’d like 59, please!

85 plox
no falg at the moment

All of the requested updates have been added. Please note that the map is meant to be viewed in detail. With that in mind, while I’ve got your attention:

• Since the map is meant to be viewed in its detailed, zoomed-in form, is the overlay displayed above this forum necessary?

• Are the nation name tag sizes/colors acceptable? I can make them bigger, or scale them to the size of the map plot, if needed.

• Are the flag sizes acceptable?

Could I change 64 to 65? Also can 4 be Algaisia, my puppet nation? It is part of my RP history, so I would like it to be represented.

I’ll take number 1, please. Nation name is Kelssek, and flag can be found at http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/kelchek/kelssekflag150px.png
(And in case anyone’s wondering, yes, I did know about this and I am perfectly fine with Kandarin taking over my role.)

I request 57 and 58. Sorry if looks like i´m being greedy but map size do matters to me. And less than that will give me an unacceptably small territory, specially since the land map proportions of the area i had formely placed my nation was reduced to open space for all those new eastern lands.

If this is unaccpetable to someone else, i might settle for less in exchange for colonies elsewhere in the map.

Plot 72,

The Royal Confederacy of Dannistaan

(Normal Flag)

(War Banner)

I may also point out in the olden times I believe that plots 72 was once marked as belonging to Dannistaan in the old map. It is at your discretion if this is still the case.

Also, I take it Dannistrian Occupied Tyrsis is now in the sea? (Drak I think you taking plot 58 means a Drakken invasion of Tyrsis has taken place somewhere…:lol:)

Can I have plot 12 and 73. I really need plot 12 especially because of the on going conflict between the Bai Lungese and Kashgars. A nasty plot by the Kashgars on Bai Lungese comes soon…

Hey, I like the new map, nice.

Also, I take it Dannistrian Occupied Tyrsis is now in the sea? (Drak I think you taking plot 58 means a Drakken invasion of Tyrsis has taken place somewhere…laugh.gif)
— Begin quote from ____

Can someone please make that gray area below plot 58 a new plot for Dann´s Tyrsis? Because unless Dann is willing to go with “Hey, we´re tired of Tyrsis. let´s leave it to the Drakks”, i can´t really explain an invasion into his land…

— End quote

This might be a good time to repeat the map rules: You get a single territory by making a request in the map request thread. All prior nations have been defined as one territory. All of the territories (except for a few that were deliberately made small for people like Dann who actually want that) are large enough for a decent-sized nation. Any further changes in territory must be explained in RP.

There is a reason why there are only 86 territories on the map, when most regional maps have more than twice that. It is designed to combat the perceived need to enlarge one’s territory as a nation grows; any map plot, save for the aforementioned deliberately small ones (45, 84, 71, some archipelagos) should be large enough for any nation. Remember, this is an in-universe map, and doubling the size of one’s nation is a hugely significant event. Map changes should be accompanied by RPs explaining how those changes happened.

— Begin quote from ____

Could I change 64 to 65?

— End quote

Done, 65 is yours. I can’t see any reason why anyone but you would possibly want 64,so I’ve folded it into 66.

— Begin quote from ____

Also can 4 be Algaisia, my puppet nation? It is part of my RP history, so I would like it to be represented.

— End quote

Are you still RPing Algaisia?

— Begin quote from ____

I’ll take number 1, please. Nation name is Kelssek, and flag can be found at http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/kel...ekflag150px.png

— End quote

Plot number 1 is yours.

— Begin quote from ____

Can I have plot 12 and 73. I really need plot 12 especially because of the on going conflict between the Bai Lungese and Kashgars. A nasty plot by the Kashgars on Bai Lungese comes soon…

— End quote

Plot number 73 is marked as yours. Plot 12 is reserved for Packilvania, who had that territory before.

— Begin quote from ____

Plot 72,

The Royal Confederacy of Dannistaan

— End quote

Sure thing.

— Begin quote from ____

I may also point out in the olden times I believe that plots 72 was once marked as belonging to Dannistaan in the old map. It is at your discretion if this is still the case.

— End quote

I presume you’re thinking of 77?

— Begin quote from ____

I request 57 and 58. Sorry if looks like i´m being greedy but map size do matters to me. And less than that will give me an unacceptably small territory, specially since the land map proportions of the area i had formely placed my nation was reduced to open space for all those new eastern lands.

If this is unacceptable to someone else, i might settle for less in exchange for colonies elsewhere in the map.

— End quote

57 is yours now.

The map request thread is here only for requesting of a first plot (or tweaks to plots already possessed). I’m aware that the fact that the map has gotten bigger has made almost everyone look smaller, but I still think that 57 is a decently sized map plot.

58 is indeed Tyrsis, as evidenced by the fact that it is a Historical Plot that new RPers may request, and subsequently play as Tyrsis. If you want to write an RP about how Drakkengard invading some or all of Tyrsis, go ahead.

Space 32 for TAO, please. I like the little island on the edge of the map. It looks so very quiet.

I would also like 32.

We need to Rock, Paper, Scissors for it.

Yes, but TAO asked nicely. 32 goes to TAO.

(TAO … in a childish moment … I seem to have so many these days … to Kurdy) nana nana booboo … go fish! https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592179.9704-smiley.gif?ttinline=true
(Still feeling the thrill of victory …)
Thanks Kandarin. I am impressed by the flag also being placed on the territory. Excellent work. https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592186.2827-smiley.gif?ttinline=true

— Begin quote from ____

Yes, but TAO asked nicely. 32 goes to TAO.

— End quote

That is cool, TAO needs something since TAO has no idea how to hold a real conversation with a professional like you or myself Kandarin.

Fifty-size please, since 56 looks like a real fish.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

Also can 4 be Algaisia, my puppet nation? It is part of my RP history, so I would like it to be represented.

— End quote

Are you still RPing Algaisia?

— End quote

Well, I intend to. Some charachters will eventually end up there. For example, Strak László, the student in the old Shiro thread will be serving his time in the millitary there. Well, anyway, I need to get more active in the RP.