Merlogate 3.0 (Nope, still not a scandal)

Oop. This is the first I’ve heard of that. I’ve been treating it like a primarily personal project for the past three years, idk when it stopped but I don’t wanna steal Outreach’s job.

That’s perfectly fine - frankly, so long as it’s updated fairly frequently, I couldn’t care less. Other RO’s are welcome to do it if they find something cool. RMB moves fast so if you see something worthy - tack it on there.

Considering foreign eyes are watching EPNS far more than, say, the Executive forum or a dispatch in Executive announcements, do you think we’ll have to censor ourselves a bit for these updates? Will the info be as objective/facts-based as possible, leaning more towards the Newsstand style, or more along the lines of an internal statement-style publication, with more of our viewpoint visible?

That’s a good point. If we’re going to put it in EPNS with lots of foreign eyes, I’d say we’re going to be generally factual, give our reasoning (at least what we can give, depending on the circumstances) and ensure residents are simply aware of goings-on and why we’re doing what we’re doing.

I wouldn’t ideally be publishing anything else, since if people with an axe to grind wish to find our updates and take stuff out of context to make us look bad, or pick it apart to try and find tiny inconsistencies to agendapost about, they’re gonna get it. Doesn’t matter if we post it in executive updates, forums or EPNS.

We don’t tend to be too informal with our public discussions anyway, nor are we or our decisions generally too controversial, so I think a simple facts based overview is fine, wherever we wish to post it. I could definitely come around to a standalone update, but we’d likely have to work hard to build readership there.

Apologies, let me clarify: I meant “alliance” as a broad term for “relations” – I did not mean treaties. I know some areas of NS prefer the term alliance only for treaties but I think it’s fair to call everyone we have relations with “allies” in a sense, and differentiate them by modifiers – embassy ally, treaty ally, etc. And by ‘acting on alliances’ I don’t mean invoking terms of treaties, I mean treating them like valued partners and proactively seeking opportunities to interact.

Thanks for clarification - we had some ppl concerned there for sec.