Military Strengths

If everyone involved in the Alternant Universe RP please post their major military techs and units, it would be usefull. Also, if, like me, you have a total list of your military, please post it here. I’ll go see if I can find mine now.

— Begin quote from ____

The Fiefdom of HoopHoopland

Population:    205
Political Freedoms:   Very Good
Economy:    Reasonable
Compulsory Military Service:  No
Space Program:    Yes
Defence:    Not Mentioned
Fundamentalist Religion:  No
Defensive Military Strength:  6
Offensive Military Strength:  4

— End quote

These’re my current stats. Do we need to provide a list of military technology? Do we just make that up? As previously stated somewhere, we have a flying monkey brigade https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592186.2827-smiley.gif?ttinline=true
Pres :fro:

Packilvania’s tech is just a bit below Loop’s-

Our main weapons are particle beam based, and the utilization of quantum bombs/reactors-

we are limted in travel through space fold/jumpgates, with a major starlane gate in progress-

We have rudimentery cloaking tech, but Loop could find us if looking, and Codex would have no trouble spotting us-

The Hive cannot be hacked… <sorry… It poses to many RP problems>-

The Hive is working towards gearless linking <ability to link those that don’t have the equipment> <thought this might make a good cold war issue>-

Due to the haste with which Packilvania had to leave Earth, they left without FTL tech. On route they developed the cutting edge technology of propolsion. They are able to effieciently go faster than light with conventional propolsion systems. They lack in long range travel, but in short range travel, they are the fastest and most maneuverable ships arond…Except for the behemouths, which are to big to travel that fast.

I don’t have a well-developed listing but I’ve given a general idea here.

http://invisionfree.com/forums/The_East_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=1008&view=findpost&p=1016280

Very well… I’ve shied away from posting explicit tech until now, but I suppose it’s only fair for RP purposes.

Codexian tech is specifically advanced, on the basis that our entire culture is founded upon the principles of reverence of knowledge. Fully half of our military is devoted to research and development, including an extensive electronic warfare division, and we also have large civilian groups working in the same realms.

Codex was initially founded around worship of the god of knowledge, and anyone who has read the first part of my ‘History of Codex’ thread comes from the name of the Codex of Sihon, a book that contains all knowledge in the universe, study of which caused the inception of my nation. (In case people are seeing this as total godmodding, let it be known that I have no intention to pull miraculous techs from this book - Hoophoopland will possibly recognise that it’s based on the Codex of Wodar-Hospar. Anyone exposed for it for too long goes mad, and there’s no way of choosing what knowledge you find. In one and a half millenia of studying it, the useful information gleamed from it has been next to nil, and where useful details have been found, it has taken hundreds of years to translate, interpret, and apply them. Hence the desire to obtain knowledge from other sources to further our cultural and spiritual goals.)

The Codex is in study within the city of Idria, which is at the centre of a large rainforest taking up the centre of Codex. The city of Idria is home to the Magi, predominantly Walkers of the Path, who have abandoned the path to study the Codex. Again, I have no intention of launching fireballs or summoning demons in an RP. The city of Idria is very aloof, and hardly even associates with the rest of Codex; they certainly wouldn’t take part in any conflict.

Down to actual military forces: all Codexian forces take advantage of the latest technology available to us, which as previously stated is designed to be pretty damn advanced. However, because of the concentration of our military in research, development, engineering sectors etc. our military is comparatively small compared to other nations of our size. For both this reason and our distrust of other cultures (in its youth, Codex was frequently attacked by more militaristic nations seeking to plunder its knowledge), we rely heavily on stealth technology to shield the true size of our fleets and their location. I wasn’t planning on having people work out a way around this stealth tech, for almost the same reason as Pack has announced his (perfectly reasonable, I think) intention that the hive shall not be hacked: Codexian fleets out in the open would go against our entire philosophy, and if I was RPing realistically, circumvention of our stealth tech would most likely result in a total withdrawl of our forces.

The extent of our military is concentrated in our interstellar fleets, of which there are 7. Each of these is the province of a Command ship, which is a kind of Heavy Cruiser/Carrier hybrid. So far, the named among these are the Draken-Corin and the Alma-Lodaka. Others may receive names later. Each of these has a support fleet, whose extent I have not yet decided upon, although in non-military conditions the fleets may be split. No more than one of these is likely to be involved in any given conflict. Two of them are permanently stationned near Atalante, which has (at least in the alternate universe) become our principal base of operations, as we feel Earth to be too unsafe. Three more are generally stationned at other Codexian outpost in space. Of the remaining two, both are normally stationned near earth, and thus may be commited to a near-earth conflict.

Codex has very limited naval, aerial, and ground military capacity, and almost none of it is offensive. Some of our interceptors are capable of atmospheric flight, and these are generally launched from space to form an airforce. We have no offensive ships or troops; all ground based forces are concentrated on defense. Also, none of our ships possess any kind of invasion capacity. The most we could do against a ground based opponent is an orbital strike, and we have no weapons specifically designed for this. Our network of satellites (which are all cloaked) possess very advanced monitoring technology, but only limited strike capacity against earth (far less powerful than Packilvania’s particle beams, for example, though capable of far more precision).

Military philosophy: Codex is extremely unlikely to become particularly involved in any military conflict, unless targetted first. Even then, the primary impetus would be to disable and cripple the enemy, thus avoiding prolonged conflict. Hence our only action against Pack in the last war being the distruction of his particle beam emitters, the only thing we felt was a threat to us.

Defensive capacity is pretty good, although I can’t see anybody planning to RP an invasion in a cold war RP. Our security is tight, and based around nanosequencers, which all Codexian citizens are implanted with at birth (save those in Idria). These prevent sequestration by the hive, as well as allowing interface with almost of technology in Codex. Any invading troops would be recognised and targeted by automatic defensive systems, and whilst lacking battle experience, all Codexian soldiers are extensively trained in defensive techniques, as well as possessing the latest technology (including personal shrouding nets).

tagging, as for hive hacking, that is one of the best things about the cylons, we can work it out, I need to really get my stuff back together.

also, Loop has colonies on Titan, and in the asteroid belt, these are top secret,
and as far as out RP goes since we dont have a alliance with the nations in Mars, then they matter not to us.