Mod Notice: NSWiki

NSWiki is currently down and we don’t know why. We also don’t know what will happen to our content on that site. We’ll try to get into contact with the right people to get an answer for you.

The status of NSWiki as an official source of information for TEP Evolved nations has NOT changed. NSWiki will continue to remain an official source of information on TEP Evolved nations until we receive different information, there is a collective desire by the RP community to change or remove it or the continued use of that site is no longer viable.

You are all encouraged to use other means to store your information. Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Libreoffice are some of the apps available to keep your information safe. There are various cloud storage sites that you can try out such as Google Drive.

It is HIGHLY recommended that you save your factbook on this site as well. There is an entire sub forum dedicated to keeping national factbooks. Please use it.

Please post below or send a message to myself or one of our Cartographers (that being Ember, Dylan, Furnifold or rogueparagon) if you have any questions or comments.

From
Roleplay Moderation

NSWiki is up

I was in touch with the guy who runs the server for NSwiki while it was down. Due to the holiday constraints and some difficulties in understanding the root cause issue (based on what he told me - I’m not a server tech or anything), it took longer than usual to bring the site back up, but it appears to be running well and has been without issues for about 4-5 days now.

NSwiki is owned by NationStates and is hosted by the Tech Admin of the site, who also hosts a number of site tools, like NS++. This is the longest the site has been down since it was taken over by NS, but I know that it isn’t going anywhere. It wasn’t fun when it was down, but now that it’s up, it’s good to go.

If it ever is temporarily down in the future, you can access your information via the cached feature of google, provided it’s at least a few weeks old or so. Just input your link or your page name and nswiki into the search bar, look for the page link (generally below the title of the search result) and look for the down-pointing triangle. Click it, then click cached. You should be able to access a cached page to get your information if the site does go down for a little bit of time.

I was one of the individuals affected when the first NSwiki was deleted several years ago. It wasn’t deleted nefariously; rather, just not really taken care of and given the appreciation it needed, and when the server blew up (can’t say for certain as I do not know the whole story), years of data were gone. That old site was not hosted by nationstates. This site is. I will confirm with the tech admin that regular backups are being made, as it says on the main page, but as I said, I and many others were harmed when the old site exploded, but I have confidence that this site will not go down unless NS itself goes down, and I really don’t think it will. It’s why I am involved in keeping this site going smoothly, too. I don’t want others to have to go through the heartache of something they worked hard on go down the drain.

That being said, I hope NS has plans for the wiki soon, like perhaps better integrating it with the site to add a new dimension, etc. Anyway, just wanted to provide my two cents.