Morality

In the beginning

Imperial Palace
Empress Jung’s Bedroom

“Computer! Lights!” June said as soon as she busted through Glendale’s bedroom door at a very early hour and ran over to the bed and began to shake her awake.

Almost instantly Glendale shot up and had her phaser, which was under her pillow, in hand pointing it at June for a moment before fully realizing her surroundings and lowered it. She didn’t have to look at the clock she read it off June. “It’s 3:38 in the morning June. This better be good. Or at least worth my time.”

“Trust me… it is well worth your time! Glendale you need to get dressed, we’ve had our first confirmed cases of East Malaysian and Hybrid infection, our immune systems can be stricken by this virus, and we don’t know what monsters we can become. I have the staff already on the way,” June said in a almost panic.

“Then our worst fears have been confirmed and I have some tough decisions to make,” Glendale said she she got out of bed and moved past June to look out the window close to her bed. “I can already feel the infected…and the Harbingers…” she spoke as her mind drifted away for a moment before she regained herself.

Turning away from the window she looked back at June who was giving her a curious look. “Thank you June, I will be in the meeting room in a few,” and she went back to looking out the window.

“Yes ma’am…I’ll let you get ready then,” she said as she slowly turned to the door sensing something off in her friend but unsure of what exactly. June quietly shut the door behind her then moving back to her room to get changed and ready for the meeting.

OOC: Basically, I’m going from the past to the current, and kinda making a few post all fit together for the past parts fyi

Imperial Palace
Imperial Cabinet Conference Room

Glendale was reading the report as Dr. Mathew Clarke explained it to the rest of her staff and looked up now and then as he went through it but cut him off when he was explaining the percentages and what Al’Zirr and Hybrids zombies they could be facing.

“I don’t mean to interrupt you Dr. Clarke,” she said with a pause, “you’ve put together a very good report but I think its time we talk about the talk that will influence every decision I will make until this crisis is over. We already know what we are and can only imagine what we could become. Can we develop a cure for this virus for us, hybrids, and the humans?”

“All of our medical research has been rerouted to combat this but as of right now if you don’t catch it, you are lucky. As we have seen all over the rest of The East Pacific the zombies tend to chance depending on species, culture, and cures that aren’t full proof. We can give out medicine to help combat it that could prevent what we are calling “transformations.””

“Alright, I want that done but can our medical scanners detect the virus in its early stages?”

Dr. Clarke looked a little uncomfortable at her but went on to speak, “Yes, yes they can…and we have no way to stop the virus once it starts at this time and we haven’t had enough time to study carriers of the virus; they’re probably the key to the cure. We might have a cure in six months but I can’t that we will depending on how many people actually only end up being carriers to test on.”

Glendale frowned at his answer. She knew it was a good thing that they can help quarantine the infected they can’t save and the infected that could have a chance. “This situation puts my morality on a thin line to walk on. We need to act now. I’m issuing a Level 5 Blue Alert,” she said as she pressed a button on the table then started counting off her fingers on things to have done."

“I want all incoming travel traffic turned around, citizens scanned, infected moved, carriers taken to a secure medical centers for testing, non-infected are top priority for medicines to combat this. Next would have to deal what we do with already infected that are transforming to already have. I don’t want to give this order…but they are to be shot on-site after medical scan,” then she paused and looked at the department head of the Aerospace Navy.

“Admiral Juneburg, I don’t think I have to tell you this, since it is already outlined in a Level 5 Blue Alert but if the non-infected can’t get off the ships that have been over ran, you know what you have to do.”

“Now to the rest of you I want you to get scanned to see how many of us are in danger and remember to follow the right line of succession if worst comes to worst. You’re dismissed,” she said and nobody said anything but just nodded and proceeded to get up to leave the room with medical staff in full bio-hazard suits already waiting since Glendale already pressed the button on the table.

Dr. Clarke stayed behind to scan her and went up to her slowly. “I already scanned everyone in the room and you don’t want to know the names of who is about to get hauled off do you?”

“No not really, I’ll find out either way, and I’m guessing you’re here to be the bringer of bad news to me?” she asked and looked up at him ready for bad news.

“Yes but not what you think and something I bet you already know about,” he said as he sat down next to her.

“Oh. That.” she said with a grim look. “Nobody knows about that and I have known I have a neurodegenerative disease that will kill me but it’s just starting to show and I hope to lead us through this crisis before my time comes.”

“What do you have exactly? I couldn’t identify it with my scan and as the department head of the Department of Medical Research & Services you should have told me I am by law your doctor after all…I would like to try my best to keep you going longer than what you may have.”

Glendale smiled but it faded quickly. "They can’t figure it out but it’s slowly taking my mind with it. The theory is that my mental abilities may have advanced too fast and my brain can’t rewire itself in time.’

“How advanced has it grown and to what extent?” Dr. Clarke asked as he grabbed a PADD to take notes.

“I can’t tell you Doctor because it is a matter of national security…” she stopped as the door swung open and in that moment time slowed almost to a stop but it quickly resumed. “June,” she whispered as she grabbed her phaser.

Dr. Clarke stood up in shock and almost ran out the door but he was flung backwards before he could move for the door as Glendale’s longtime friend June appeared but it was not June, it was a East Malaysian zombie. Glendale fired on what was her friend and she dropped to the ground.

Glendale stood up, walked over to Dr. Clarke, and helped him to his feet. “I’m sorry but she would have killed you…hope I didn’t scare you or hurt you.”

Dr. Clarke was still in shock and could only mutter a few words as Glendale pulled him into the emergency exit hallway. “Wow…you…you…can do that…wow…”

E.A.N. Swift
Bridge

Captain Katrina Daz was drinking her cup of coffee and talking with her first in command about a shift schedule when her helmsmen interrupted her.

“Captain, I have the E.A.N.T. Holmes-Mead on an erratic path towards open shipping lanes!” Ensign Reese said and looked back at her.

“We just past that ship on patrol of our shipping lane to Carter Station. Intercept them Ensign Reese, Lieutenant Johnson hail them,” she said she she sat her coffee down on a small stand next to her.

Ensign Reese immediately laid in the course with a few taps to his console, “Aye, course laid in, full impulse.”

“Their communications array is down and my scans show that they have lost pressure on half their decks,” Lieutenant Johnson said as she relayed the information to Captain Daz.

She looked at the information, “I don’t understand this ship was fine a half hour ago,” she said as she thought about it. “A little too odd for me. Yellow Alert, get me…” she paused as she ship shook and a few consoles behind her blew out, as her coffee cup fell to the deck and broke.

Her first in command jumped up right away as the Red Alert lights and klaxons went off, “What the hell was that!?”

“It was the transport ship! They open fire on us before our shields got fully up, we have damage on decks four through seven!” Yelled Lt. Commander Terry

“Have damage repair crews report to deck four, I am showing a haul breach forming!” Captain Maz said looking down at her chair console. “Disable that ship and get me ASN Command.”

“Every time I lock weapons on them, they drop their shields!” Lt. Commander Terry said, “If I fire on them with their shields down I might overload the core.”

“…I can’t reach ASN Command but an automated message has been sent to us,” Lieutenant Johnson said as she sent it to the main screen. “I don’t understand the contents.”

Everyone got quiet when the message began to play and Captain Daz stood up with her mouth wide open as Admiral Juneburg appeared on the screen.

"Attention Captains and Starship Commanders, we have a situation on our hands. The zombie virus has jumped and we can now be infected. Your medical officer is being informed as we speak of how to detect it and you are to take all steps to prevent the spread of this at all cost, Code 7.

I cannot stress the importance of this not spreading to our offworld territories so we have already issued all ships outbound to return to Earth now.

Also Empress Jung has authorized the use of Code 32. Good luck."

The main screen changed to the ASN Command logo.

Everyone was looking around confused as Captain Daz spoke, “I don’t have long. Mister Terry destroy that ship in accordance with Code 7. Commander Lancing, you are now acting captain of the E.A.N. Swift, take care of my ship, I do plan to come back soon.”

The ship shook a little as the transport ship exploded and everyone was looking at her even more confused than before.

Lieutenant Johnson cleared the silence, “Captain, I have four incoming ASN ships, saying they are here in accordance with Code 32…”

She looked a little surprised, “That was quicker than I thought. I know most of you have never heard of Code 32. Code 32 is when something happens that could endanger the Al’Zirr race that all ancient bloodline families must be put up for safe keeping. Daz, Maz, Quaz, Bloomingdale, Bishop, Phelps, Jung, and et cetera. Oh that reminds me, have Ensign Polk meet me in shuttle bay one, she has to come also.”

Captain Daz left the bridge with a stunned crew as she moved to the shuttle bay to have a meeting with Empress Jung she was sure about.

In the present…

Imperial Palace
The Eastern Hall

“I thought zombies, were suppose to be mindless and attack without strategy?!” Yelled one of Empress Jung’s guards as he and several others where holding the door shut.

“That was only a first guess from other reports but how many zombies inherit advanced mental abilities?” Dr. Clarke yelled back over the struggle with the door, “the boundaries we established should have not been broken in this part of the city. They aren’t mindless clearly, even I can sense their cognitive abilities, that is why we are containing them at all cost even if we must shot the ships they take over down!”

Over the intercom, “Jung to Clarke, I have reactivated the force field generator!”

“Computer! Activate emergency force fields!”

“Force fields active,” the computer replied

The the guards stepped away from the door and took their weapons out as the door swung open revealing a group of five East Malaysian zombies that had looks full of anger and pain and Clarke and the guards could sense it clearly.

“We are trying to help you,” Clarke said trying to see if they could understand but they just made animal like sounds and attempted to break through the force field but the attempts were futile.

Glendale appeared from the shadows of the hallway and they stopped attacking the force field as she sent out a powerful mental attack on them. They quickly grabbed their ears and went scrambling out of sight.

"Alright, lets reestablish the containment network. We have them running around and I still am a target from the crippled Harbingers network, who still apparently have food options running around with the strength they have.

E.A.N. Eastrovia
Bridge

We have a shuttle lifting off from right outside of Eastrovia, headed towards Northrovia Island Captain Daz," her operations officer spoke, “with about a dozen zombies on board!”

With a sigh Daz spoke, “I would like to know how they are able to do that, but you know the drill, lock weapons and fire when they are over the ocean.”

“I am plotting a course to follow them, they are still on the same course…I correct that, they have altered course…they have set a collision course!” her helms officer reported looking back at her.

With a shocked look Daz stood up and moved towards the helm station. “You have to be kidding me, evasive maneuvers, raise shields!” she ordered and moved back to her seat quickly.

“Terrorist zombies, who would have expected that?” Daz spoke in a dry tone, “Lead them over the bay if you can but if not, torpedo them when in range. Now get me Empress Jung, I know the containment network had a breach, and this seems a little planned in my experience, something is not right…” she stood up and moved for her Ready Room on the right, “Just patch it in to my ready room…Commander Lynne, you have the bridge…” she spoke as she went through the doors.

E.A.N. Eastrovia - Ready Room, several moments later

“…I’m glad you agree that these attacks are becoming more planned then we thought at first. They are suppose to be zombies but what if we are wrong? The virus could have mutated them into a subspecies but we need more medical backing and tests on the ones we have contained in comas aren’t helping us,” Daz spoke to Jung at her desk over her computer screen.

“You may be correct…I’m not sure…their minds feel trapped almost and we must fear that one of the ships that are missing are not dead-in-the-water and that is a security threat. I’m going to call in more ships to protect here after I am off the line with you,” Glendale said as she made a note on her schedule.

Daz looked confused and asked, “I thought you didn’t keep a schedule anymore?”

With a small smile Glendale replied, “My nation may be in shambles but I still would like to keep a schedule, it helps me from losing my mind quicker if I have things to do. I will have to admit, most of my time is spend, shooting zombies from the roof…yet that troubles me because I know the people they were are still stuck inside them and every one that dies…it’s like apart of me dies and I know that is from my condition but I wish my morality could stay intact…”

“I know, only because I can sense it, its like we are all connected in a way we cannot explain,” Daz spoke as something distracted her on her desk, “I have to go now Glendale but I will see you at the meeting tomorrow, Daz out.”