My masking

I have been barred from posting everywhere on the forum except here. I have been told by a third party that I have been banished and that my trial has been processed without contacting me.

During this sequence of events:

1. I was never informed by the Conclave that it has unilaterally decided to process my case.

2. I was never informed by the Conclave that it had decided to ban me.

3. There was no explanation as to why now, of all times, the Conclave has decided to change their opinion without reflection on the law. I believe there may be political motivations - namely the court wants to limit access to the forum for the lead journalist of The Rejected Times.

I request immediately that the Conclave correct these oversights of due process.

As I have maintained, I will not attend any trial in The East Pacific until I am satisfied that I will receive due process. This unilateral behavior without even informing me is not convincing that The East Pacific has any fair intentions with my case.

• Unibot.

I don’t know why you didn’t receive the correct information. Apparently, there are no clear arrangements between the Conclave and the Foreign Affairs Ministry as to who should inform diplomats who now reside outside of TEP. Allow me to correct that and supply you the right information. You’re not actually completely banned, and your trial has not been continued.

As you will remember, you did not follow through with your trial, after which the Conclave was so kind as not to continue it in your absence, to allow you to mount a proper defence should you choose to return in the future. However, for leaving the region, they issued an arrest warrant for you to come back and face your trial. You’ve also seen this warrant.

The last month, the Conclave has reviewed, upon request, a question of law regarding the Concordat, Citizenship and the jurisdiction of the law over non-Citizens. As a result of it’s verdict, your legal situation as a non-Citizen refusing trial has been further defined and the court rendered a decision, separate from your actual trial, based on your non-compliance with the Warrant. This decision recognizes your position as Diplomat, but restricts any other access to TEP as long as you don’t comply with the Warrant.

You can find the necessary documents below:

[spoiler].

http://z1.ifrm.com/1250/87/0/p408691/New_Conclave_Seal_Small.jpg

THE CONFEDERATED EAST PACIFIC
REGIONAL TRIAL COURT OF CONCLAVE

Capital District, Christie Island

PEOPLE OF THE EAST PACIFIC,

THE EAST PACIFIC
Plaintiffs[right]CRIM. CASE [/right]

• versus -

DATE: 03/26/2014

Unibot
Accused.
x------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------x

[size=150]WARRANT OF ARREST

TO ANY OFFICER OF THE LAW:

GREETINGS:

You are hereby commanded to arrest Unibot (the accused), in the above captioned case and who is charged with:

[ul]
[li]Infringing on the right of free speech, outlined in Article F Section 1.
[li]Severely harassing or teasing, expressing prejudice against, or acting with intent to harm members or citizens, outlined in Section V Point 1 of the SOC.
[li]Creating a disturbance that is distressing to other members or citizens, or the government of The East Pacific, as outlined in Section V Point 2 of the SOC.
[li]Committing sedition, defined as teaching or advocating, or publishing or circulating any writing that advocates action to produce an unlawful governmental change within the East Pacific, as outlined in the Treason Act.
[/li][/ul] - and to bring said accused before this Court as soon as possible to be dealt with in accordance with law.

GIVEN UNDER MY HAND AND SEAL OF THIS COURT; this 26th day of March, 2014, at Capital District, Christie Island.

THE EAST PACIFIC v. UNIBOT
Viceroy Designee
Jurisdictions

FIRST ENDORSEMENT

Respectfully referred to the Commissioner of the East Pacific Police Service, Prussia; The District Attorney, Aelitia; and the Delegate of the Region for execution of the Warrant, after which the accused has returned as a citizen.

Viceroy Designee
Jurisdictions

.[/size][/spoiler]
[spoiler][center]

In the matter of the Inquiry, “Question of Jurisdiction”, the Conclave,
THROUGH A UNANIMOUS VOTE OF THREE ARBITERS, finds the following:.[/center]

…In the matter of this Inquiry, Unibot was a citizen when he was accused with a crime, thus, according to the principle of non ex post facto law that is the bedrock of a region dedicated to a rule of law and the Concordat, he was (and, thus, still is) entitled to a trial. However, when faced with the trial’s proceedings he fled from the region. The Court proceedings halted due to this absence, not due to the accused’s citizenship status, of which the Court had previously concluded in error.

…Therefore, according to the principles below, should Unibot return to the Jurisdiction of The East Pacific, he shall still be subject to the proceedings of this Conclave with all the rights and defenses that he had while a citizen, at the time of being accused. Should Unibot “fail to appear” before the Court upon his return to any place of The East Pacific’s jurisdiction against the current warrant issued for his “arrest and appearance” before this Conclave, Unibot shall be barred from obtaining future citizenship, and shall be subject to the possible lawful banishment by the Delegate considering the unusual nature and circumstances of this case.

…The specifics of the case due to Unibot’s personal status concerning Foreign Diplomacy will be specified following the statement of the principles of the findings.

The fundamental principles are as follows:

1. If a Citizen flees the region in face of criminal proceedings, is the accused still entitled to a trial?

YES: If a Citizen flees when faced with a trial, becoming a non-citizen does not exempt them from being tried. When events occur like this, the accused shall retain the right to trial since they were charged for a crime as a Citizen. This in a summary, is the principle of non ex post facto law at work. Citizens have a right to be free from fear of the law changing to make a previous action illegal. In this case, any citizen accused of a crime should not fear that they lose their right to trial or to dispute their charges should they leave the region.

1. Does the lack of a defense by the accused, support a guilty conviction to be applied by the Conclave?

NO: The burden of proof rests upon the petitioning party, and this party must reasonably demonstrate the guilt of the accused. The lack of a defense does not itself constitute a guilty plea, but inherently constrains the Court to the evidence presented by the petitioning party.

HOWEVER: If the defense neglects or refuses to appear, an Arrest Warrant compelling the attendance of the accused may be issued. Failing the Warrant, the Court may issue an Order to ban the accused for “Failure to Appear”.

1. Do non-citizens have a right to trial?

NO: Non-Citizens do not have a right to trial. If the Delegate has ‘reasonable grounds’ to find that a non-citizen has violated the law, then the Delegate has the authority to banish them from the Region.

Concordat, Article A, Section 4
[spoiler]Section 4) The Delegate shall eject and/or banish nations from the region members who have committed a summary offense or have been convicted of an indictable offense by the Conclave, for a prescribed period of time. [2014 Am 2, §1] [/spoiler]

FURTHER: This requires an in-reading of the Concordat Article E, which states the right to a trial is afforded to a “Nation”. It is listed under the heading “Rights of Citizens”, therefore it is concluded that the word ‘nation’ is meant as ‘citizen’ in this Article.

FURTHER CONCLUDING: This general rule applies to official off-site services as well, with the ‘Owner’ or ‘Administration’ taking the place of Delegate. Service Operators may issue banishment from their particular service for violation of local rules, as those violations are considered summary offenses. – However, gross abuse of authority by service operators should be brought to the Conclave, and if confirmed, referred to the Delegate or Magisterium to determine if such an off-site service shall continue under its designation as an official service.

1. Do non-citizens have to conform to TEP law?

YES: Historically, the RMB Act has been enforced against non-citizens for advertisements placed on the Regional Message Board. With this, it is concluded that all laws of The East Pacific apply to non-citizens as well as the citizens when such actions are taking place within its jurisdiction.

FURTHER: To become a citizen of The East Pacific is to ensure judicial consideration or redress for actions taken against you under our laws or jurisdiction. If a non-citizen is charged or found in contravention of these, they are subject to punishment without trial or appeal, as stated earlier.

1. Does the Jurisdiction Act apply the laws of the region onto off-site services that use the name of TEP?

YES: The Jurisdiction Act explicitly states that if an off-site service wishes to carry the name of The East Pacific, it agrees and subjects itself to our Concordat, jurisdiction, and laws. This designation comes with the responsibility to assist, cooperate, and comply with an order or punishment issued by the Regional Government.

[spoiler] (e) The laws of The East Pacific shall have jurisdiction over any offsite service listed in the World Factbook Entry or used for official business.

(f)(i) Only with the consent of its adminstrator(s)/owner(s) may an offsite service be listed on the World Factbook entry or used for official business.
(ii) By consenting, the administrator(s)/owner(s) agree to apply the jurisdiction of the law to their offsite service.
(iii) Such jurisdiction only includes the power to restrict free speech and banish users, which shall also remain powers of the administrator(s)/owner(s). [/spoiler]

[hr][hr][hr]

BY THE ORDER OF CONCLAVE:

Following and including the findings for the Inquiry on Jurisdiction above, the Conclave determines:

Due to Unibot’s presence in The East Pacific’s jurisdiction while an Arrest Warrant in his name was in force, and his failure to be present and stand trial, he is hereby banned, excluding exceptions, from the totality of The East Pacific for “FAILURE TO APPEAR” before Conclave. Therefore, Unibot is barred from future claims to citizenship by virtue that he may not legally be a resident of The East Pacific, as outlined in Article E, Section 1 of the Concordat, and shall be subject to the lawful banishment by the Delegate as stated within this order.

Arbiters of the Conclave of the East Pacific,
as Represented by the Viceroy [/small][/spoiler]
[spoiler]

[size=150]ORDER OF CONCLAVE:

For reasons of violating an Arrest Warrant duly ordered by this Court, Conclave hereby issues an Order regarding
Failure to Appear in the matter “The East Pacific v. Unibot”.

Due to Unibot’s presence in The East Pacific’s jurisdiction while an Arrest Warrant in his name was in force, and his failure to be present and stand trial, he is hereby banned, excluding exceptions, from the totality of The East Pacific for “FAILURE TO APPEAR” before Conclave. Therefore, Unibot is barred from future claims to citizenship by virtue that he may not legally be a resident of The East Pacific, as outlined in Article E, Section 1 of the Concordat, and shall be subject to the lawful banishment by the Delegate as stated within this order.

The ban shall be enforced until such a time that any one of the following are fulfilled:

[ul][li]The accused makes it known to the Viceroy that he will stand trial,
[li]Two years have elapsed since the issuing of the ban. [/li][/ul]
Should the ban be allowed to expire, the Arrest Warrant shall be re-issued and re-instated.

SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS DUE TO FOREIGN DIPLOMATIC POSITION[ul]
An exception to this ban shall be made if all the following are fulfilled:
[li]Unibot is occupying the position of a Foreign Dignitary
[li]This position is considered to be acting in the capacity of a Diplomat
[li]The home Region of this position is in good standing with the East Pacific
[li]Any communication from Unibot in The East Pacific’s jurisdiction is considered to be officially and strictly diplomatic
[li]Any communication from Unibot is restricted to officially designated diplomatic areas (ie: an Embassy)[/li][/ul]
If any of the above are not fulfilled, the ban shall be enacted despite dignitary status.

IT IS SO ORDERED

Arbiters of the Conclave of the East Pacific,
as Represented by the Viceroy [/size][/spoiler]

I will confer with my Ministry and the Conclave to avoid this lack of communication in the future, and make sure that verdicts are send to all parties involved.

Bachtendekuppen,
Delegate of TEP.

Given the fact that non-citizens can view any of these sections, what is the legal basis of removing my viewing privileges for any of these areas?

Likewise, the current restrictions disallow me from actually pursuing trial if I did wish to do so - I cannot post in the Conclave. The Conclave is the legal authority where I need to post to recommence a trial if I wished to acquiesce the Conclave’s demands. This establishes a legal Catch-22.

Furthermore, I have stated time and time again that I will only acquiesce an arrest warrant when I am confident that the court will actually try me fairly (which this unilateral decision with a total breakdown of communication is not redeeming of). That will require me to follow, even participate as a legal refugee in the ongoings of the Magisterium and any potential legal reform (I understand legal reform is ongoing).

Will The East Pacific respect my nature as a refugee fleeing a court system that does not maintain due process or rule of law, or shall it try to shun any involvement I could have in legal reforms and in doing so, help keep labelled a “criminal” longer? Because as I understand the Conclave seems to consider me guilty before proven innocent, regardless of the Constitution.

I would ask you, as the delegate, but since you’re also the state prosecutor, I can predict your natural answer. This is a sad, sad state of affairs.

Likewise, I still maintain that the purpose of this “legal question” and the unilateral changing of the terms of my arrest was for political reasons, not any legal function. With my posting limited, distribution of The Rejected Times can be restricted, in addition to several posts from me as of late which ran contrary to the government’s (aka. my prosecutor - just to emphasis how backwards this system really is) partisan agenda.

The Hurricane, after spending half of his adult life in jail for crimes he did not commit, refused to wear a guilty’s man clothes once put in jail once more - and I also refuse. These court proceedings have been an insult to the principles of justice and jurisprudence and smell of the sour odor of political corruption that lies right in the heart of the executive. I did not commit sedition and I did not break my Scarlet Oath.

I have been presumed guilty, before found innocent, for the restrictions on my forum privileges are that of a man found guilty. If I were to acquiesce your demands, I would slowly be tried in whatever means necessary by the prosecution and the Conclave (who are in cahoots with the prosecution, who is the executive) to continue these restrictions, regardless of fairness or right. That is the dark, seething nature of injustice and the partisan political animal.

I would invite you to read these latest decisions of the Conclave thoroughly, as most your concerns are addressed in the full text. Should you want to engage the Conclave, either in appealing the procedural decision or to continue your trial, the ruling specifically provides the instruction to contact the Viceroy to do so. This does not constitute a catch-22, as the Viceroy can decide to re-open the case or allow your appeal and provide you access to the court for these purposes.

Furthermore, the terms of your arrest warrant itself are not changed. The Conclave decided to enforce the warrant after the legal status of someone in your position was ruled upon and waiting some time for you to comply, which did not happen. I would like to note that none of these rulings were requested or initiated by proceedings of the prosecutor (me, which is perfectly normal) involved in the case TEP v. Unibot.

EDIT: Since some more comments were added while I had already finished my post, I would like to add that I’m disappointed to see you re-take the role and behaviour that brought you in to this position in the first place. Your opinions are yours to uphold, but I hope these statements are not made in your role as Delegate of The Rejected Realms, since they would mark an all-time low in relations between our two regions.

I think I’ve given you all necessary information to assess your legal situation and any questions you might have on this matter or appeals to be brought, can be heard by the Conclave.

I have been told that this decision began when the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Provost, Old Federalia contacted Aelitia upon his appointment and asked for greater restrictions on my viewing privileges with the hope of “flushing me out” like a rat, or, at the very least, reducing bad press on his administration.

Your legal readings appear to be just formalizations of these corrupt dealings. Corruption always leaves a paper trail.

I’m trying to be as forthcoming as I can by helping you get all information and rectify the earlier error of communication, I would appreciate it if we can do that in a civil manner.

Concerning the proceedings on jurisdictions, Old Federalia inquired for a review of the Concordat on this point, after the arrest warrant had been issued, before the full Conclave, as procedure then demanded. This is not abnormal, since the legal status of this warrant and of a person leaving TEP while being on trial had never been ruled upon before and was not exactly clear.

Anything else is your own fantasy I’m afraid.

— Begin quote from ____

I have been told that this decision began when the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Provost, Old Federalia contacted Aelitia upon his appointment and asked for greater restrictions on my viewing privileges with the hope of “flushing me out” like a rat, or, at the very least, reducing bad press on his administration.

Your legal readings appear to be just formalizations of these corrupt dealings. Corruption always leaves a paper trail.

— End quote

Uni, are the complex words used in the rulings straining your brain overmuch?

Hey Commodus, Caligula wants his Fruit Loops back. You do not get to participate in the Magisterium or change laws if you are a fugitive. You were presented multiple chances to participate, you didn’t. The CITIZENS of TEP requested resolution because we’re sick of the paranoid victim blather. Next time, spend less time trying to juke, jive, and out maneuver the system; you look like an idiot and ran yourself into a wall.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Uni, are the complex words used in the rulings straining your brain overmuch?

— End quote

Nice to know that I am “straining my brain”, “an idiot” and a “fugitive”. Thanks - really helpful.

I guess I’ll chime in, but not in the above fashion. A few months ago an arrest warrant was drawn up. It looks like now that the conclave believes a) ample time has been given for the accused to attend trial b) it’s time to do something about that. Anything else is hearsay. There’s been a regime change in the Conclave, and obviously this regime wanted to take a firm stance. That’s fine.

I’ll preface by saying I’m no longer a member of the conclave. I don’t speak for foreign policies here, cause that’s the delegate’s job. I do stand by my region, but I don’t see this discussion really solving anything. And it looks like for things to improve (at least, based on what I see), Unibot should stand trial and the Conclave should offer a trial without bias. If no trial is to be had, then we’re kind of done here. That’s at least how I see it.

The claim of an unfair trial in TEP is unfounded. TEP’s conclave has held trials and resolutions that were contrary to the popular will of the people. The body has integrity, the same as most other courts around the big NS regions. And, when we include all other regions, I mean heck even JAL was found not guilty in TNP for the coups that occurred. So it’s not like there’s a witch hunt here. From what I’ve seen posted, the region has legit beefs.