[NOMINATION] Serge / Libertanny for Arbiter

Nominating Serge to take on Wall’s seat. He told me earlier this month (after being solicitated early in my term) he accepted my nomination, but given IRL circumstances on his side I preferred waiting for some time before nominating him as to not put additional burden on his back.

Serge’s work has been of an immeasurable value to our region in many different areas. However, if I’m correct, this is his first venture into the Conclave. I’m sure he will give his best in this position, so let’s go with the first question: @Libertanny , what are your plans for your time in the Conclave? How do you envision your work as Arbiter?

Sensible nomination.

My only concern is whether Libertanny will have the time and presence to execute the job, considering how every few months a new IRL matter forces them to take a backseat from NS.

My question, thus, Lib is how do you plan to balance this job - which requires checking everyday with often months of nothing happening on end, and hours besides spent discussing important matters when they pop up and staring at law - with your IRL commitments now and in the long-term?

I’d also like to know about whether you will have the time with your other commitments to perform this job, but besides that would also like to express my support for Libertanny, as I feel he is most definitely qualified for the position.

My concern is like what most have already brought up. It’s not concerning his ability but his availability.

I wont give ya all a very satisfying reply. I also wont do the typical “all’s gonna be great”.

I can say “we will see” as it’s the most certain thing I can say. My availability will depend on how entertaining will the job of an Arbiter be.

I’m currently manager at the company I work for and I technically don’t need to do extra hours, because I can just cede more tasks to my team or our freelancers (except for really most recent period, when we lost a team member and I had to make up for them). I work a lot, because I find my work entertaining.

If I will find job of being an Arbiter entertaining, you can indeed expect me to be active in the role. Mind, I rather see myself a fit for JRs, trials and so on - I don’t see myself doing a time-sensitive tasks like running elections.

But to sum it up, I will say what I said a few times before - I stopped enjoying a big chunk of NS. My overall little activity really mainly comes from this specific fact, not from lack of time. Again. Maybe role of Arbiter is what will bring me back to NS. And if it isn’t, I can make here a promise that I will resign the office.

And just as a note. I did give it a long thought. It was about 2 weeks since Altys asked me and I gave them a reply. Because I wanted to think it through first.

I will also drop in my views, that I have already expressed during ConCrisis, because I believe ya all should be aware of them, before voting.

My legal belief is that law serves people and the region. People are the source of law. And law serves the people to ensure wellbeing of our region. Any verdict or subjective legal analysis, that puts our people or region in danger will be highly opposed by me.

Good enough for me.

yeah i think that satisfies my questions. You do good work always friend and I’m seeing good things.

I motion this to vote.

Seconded and Acknowledged.

Vote here