Nothing Is Really Over, Is It?

10 July 2020
Sani Bursil
Staynes, Great Morstaybishlia

The relief began to consume Barvata as President Hanlon and all of the other signatories had ratified the Puntalian Compromise Treaty and therefore signing it into law. He moved over to the dignitaries that remained and spoke business with them. He shook their hands one by one and had photos arranged outside with them to show the nation that the summit was a success. As the dignitaries left for their hotels, he sensed a wave of victory and an ugly snarl engulfed his face. He walked inside and began laughing.

The next move was to have an interview with the MBC and any other news broadcasters that had a license to attend the event. After that, his administration team would combine the signatories from the Puntalian Cooperation Council and the Puntalian Compromise Treaty together and have them published to the public and a copy sent to each dignitary that attended to keep or to pass on to their superior, if that applied to them.

But there was also another thing that Barvata had to do. He took his car to his official residence; 1 Bursil Street, a drive that did take quite some time in peak rush hour. Whilst all of the other dignitaries that were still in Sani Bursil arrived at their hotels rooms, they would be greeted with an invitation letter for something else, something new and unexpected. There was a few other invitees to the list. He wondered how the dignitaries would enjoy an evening in Sani Bursil under the lights and that engulfed the largest city in the world. They were all in the capital, but the capital felt like a different planet; a combination of cultures, species and skin pigments from all corners of the world, the cuisine would vary dramatically and the drinks that they may consume would be a wonderfully endless list to choose from. Barvata rest assured knowing that tonight he would be sharing a drink of Ogloti Wine with a few friends.

Eoforwine was tired of all this negotiating. He wanted some time to rest.

Well, at least he hadn’t tripped over that large rock on his way out of Boscowen House, even if he was sure it wasn’t there before.

He was rather hungry, since he had forgone lunch before the conference, so he decided to sample some of the local cuisine.

He found a local restaurant, and ordered some fish and chips. It was served with salt and vinegar, with a small side dish of mushy peas.

After eating his (rather late) lunch, he returned to the hotel, and started thinking about what next to do.

It was around this time that he noticed that a note was slipped under his door. He picked it up and read it.

It seemed like he would be spending the night in Sani Bursil.

(Joint post written by Dylan and myself)

As Alexander observes the proceedings, Alexander sends one last message to the UCA leaders chat, “Good job everyone.  Now, we gotta make sure peace lasts…one way or another.”  As he stands up, he notices someone getting his attention.

“Greetings.  I don’t think we have met. I’m Lord Alexander II Emmeritus. I’m actually just on my way out.”

The older man greeted Alexander by shaking his hand.

“No worries at all, I am Riannar Karmer, First Secretary of State,” he paused, the other man’s facial expression hinted that he was a little confused as to why he was stopped. “Don’t worry, I won’t hold you for much longer, walk with me briefly.”

Alexander agreed. They both walked out of the building to a swarm of reporters trying to get statements out of them, but the calmly, ro the best at being “calm” as they could, passed through the crowd. They managed to get through the crowd, and they walked down the road a little before Alexander looked back at Riannar.

“So, I understand your Barvata’s second in command. What are your thoughts about the proceedings, if you saw them?”

Karmer sighed. “It’s certainly not the result I wanted. But my respect is to Barvata’s decision making and ability to coerce others for mutual benefit,” he paused and thought. “There’s one thing I am satisfied with, and that’s how the summit ended the tensions that would’ve led to disastrous war… And your thoughts, Lord Alexander?”

Alexander chuckled a little. “Honestly, I didn’t catch most of it, but I’m glad a treaty was signed. As much as Eldras and I are friends, I really don’t think a war would’ve been helpful for us…especially with how things look back home. We seem to be having a small stability issue, but I hope that can be resolved peacefully too.”

“I’ve been watching over the developments in Alksearia for some time…” Riannar paused, to Alexanders’ surprise. “I used to visit the country as a boy. My family had relations out there,” he paused. “Some lovely beaches I must say,”

“We pride ourselves on our beaches. Especially around Urgia-Nova. I don’t mean to be rude or anything Mr. Karmer, but I have a flight to catch. Eldras told me to get on the first flight once the conference ended.”

“Yes yes, I was going to cut to the chase as well,” he looked around as if to make sure nobody saw. “Here,” he handed Alexander a note. “I must be going now.”

“What about my flight? I don’t think the King would be happy if I don’t arrive home quickly…” Alexander asked.

“Please be reassured. Your flight rearrangements will have been taken care of,” Riannar smiled. “I have to be going now, but please follow the instructions laid out on the note.” the older gentlemen slowly strode away and back inside Boscowen House, leaving the Alksearian alone.

Alexander looks down at the note, and immediately pulls out his phone and called Eldras. After a few rings, he hears Eldras’ voice on the other end.

“Hey Eldras, I’m staying in Sani Basil an extra night…. Don’t worry, a flight rearrangement has been made. I’ll make sure I’ll get you a souvenir from here. I’ll update you more later.”

After taking pictures with remaining summit leaders, Arngrímur Sigurdarson was ready to leave. He departed the summit and was kind enough to give a speech to the news outlets that hawked him down like he was some little rodent.  He was immediately fired with several dozen simultaneous questions, to which he answered one or two selectively and walked away. The reporters continued hounding him but gave up soon after he clambered into the back of a taxi.

Arngrímur wanted to return to his home country as soon as possible. He liked Staynes a lot, but there was nothing better than taking your shoes off and relaxing in the comfort of your own home. He had to return to his hotel residence to pack his suitcase for his 7PM flight, he was very peculiar about making sure he did his own chores and responsibilities rather than have a maid do it for him. He had it packed and was about to leave for the hotels’ own restaurant on the bottom floor before it struck him. Something was out of place.

He scanned the room and the first thing he noticed was a sealed letter. He opened it to reveal its contents and was shocked by what was inside. It seemed that despite his appetite for his home he would not be getting any. It was even a surprise to him that his flights and accommodation expenses had been sorted out and that he would be staying another night in Sani Bursil after all. He phoned his wife to let her know that he wouldn’t be home by the close of the evening.

Adley made a sigh of relief as he walked through the beautiful streets of Sani Bursil. The conference was finally over, and he’d sooner be enjoying the city rather than thinking of getting reunification back on the table.

He went and got some food, some good old Frog in the Pit. It was not uncommon to see Morst food in Durakia, but it was nice to try it in the capital. After he ate his meal he came back to his hotel room, in which he saw an invitation. After reading it for a minute he nodded.

“Looks like I’ll be coming home a little later than expected.” He poured a glass of vodka and made a few calls.

“Well, at least I can try some Staynish breakfast at that place I saw earlier, think it was called “Morst Feed” or something.”

Upon his private jet heading back to Fargo, Hanlon was in his office upon his jet looking out the window sipping a glass of scotch, in deep thought about the deal that had just taken place, the phone on his desk began to ring, he reached for it and leaned back into his leather desk chair placing his feet upon the table, scotch still in hand.

“This is the supreme president…” He stated taking another sip afterward.

“Supreme president, we’ve rounded them up, plan ‘Red’ is ready on your order sir.” A man on the other line notified the president. “Has the conference compromised plan Red supreme president?”

“No it has not, we just need to do some tweaks to the plan, we’re splitting Puntalia into west and east, I’ll see to it the conditions of the treaty are sent to you, we’ll be able to adjust plan Red to it’s parameters.” Hanlon stated now deciding to look up to the ceiling of his office room, considering what the results of this treaty will have upon his plans.

“Yes supreme president, Nexus POI will be in position, he’s executing phase one.” He stated expecting Hanlon to know what all these code names and plans were, which of course he did to the fullest extent.

“Good, carry on, ill be back in Fargo soon, you’ll be giving me a full report.” He ordered and then hung up the phone.

Hanlon looked at his whiskey glass for a moment, the ice rocks melting and mixing in with the whiskey making the contents of his drink somewhat clearer and transparent than when he initially begun his glass, he made a small scoff and a smirk. “Let’s see how the UCA handles this…”

(OOC: Joint post with Norgs)

With the summit now at a close, Hjalmar and Alexander got up out of their seats and left the building, heading toward their car to head back to their hotel room. Outside though, the two bumped into King Olav.

“Well, it’s nice to see you again. I have to say, that meeting was quite interesting. How much longer do you think Hanlon has to live with how he treated President Charlotte?” Hjalmar joked.

Olav being first quite surprised as he bumped into the two princes. “Ah, hello Hjalmar and Alexander. Sorry I was not watching my step, and when it comes to Hanlon… well I would like to hope that me speaking up may have calmed her.”  Olav said a bit hopefully as he walked with the two Asendavian princes. “Though I am still quite annoyed that I was the one having more willingness to compromise then Hanlon.” Olav stated as he gritted his teeth.

“It seemed like Hanlon was intentionally trying to sabotage any compromise at first. To be frank, I’m surprised that everyone even signed the treaty, it didn’t seem like that would happen for most of the meeting,” Alexander spoke up.

Hjalmar nodded. “Yeah, though I am glad that it turned out the way it did. While I don’t doubt that we could easily beat Rufuina if it did come to war, I’m glad it didn’t, although this may just encourage Rufuina and allow them to potentially get away with more in the future.”

Olav nodded as he gave out a sigh. “Quite indeed it seems like that might be the case, this two state solution won’t fix things in the long run. If I have to guess Hanlon will put his focus on Osterlisch, that or he will try to undermine the treaty as much as he can. He is not a man to be trusted.” he said, his voice not hiding the venom as he spoke Hanlon’s name.

“I agree wholeheartedly, this certainly isn’t the end of Rufuina’s ambitions,” Hjalmar responded.

“I give it two months tops before Hanlon starts something up again,” Alexander said.

“It’ll probably take less time than that. I give it at most a month, probably less,” Hjalmar joked.

Olav gave out a little chuckle from Hjalmar’s joke. “Well I can’t say I disagree” Olav said as he held his fist over his mouth as he laughed. “By the way, were you two planning something? I was thinking of taking a drink from a nearby pub, I could use a drinking buddy.”

“Nah, we were just planning on going back to our hotel, and we can put that on hold. I’m sure Alex needs a drink or two after that meeting, I know how much these things bore you to death,” Hjalmar addressed Alex at the last part.

“Yeah, some drinks would be great right now. Haven’t been to Sani Bursil in a long time, so we should enjoy the pubs here while we can,” Alex smiled.

“Great! I have not been in Sani Bursil in a while so I probably need directions to a good pub here!” Olav said as a smirk came to his face, as looked over the two princes “I also wonder how good of a drinker you two are, especially you Hjalmar” he taunted the two younger men, he has not had a drinking contest since he was in Vinby.

“I’m not that bad of a drinker myself, I can handle it decently. Hjalmar though,” Alexander clapped Hjalmar on the back “he can handle more than me, surprisingly enough.”

“Remember that one time I drank you under the table so much that you literally couldn’t even stand up? You were fucking wasted. I mean, I was too, but at least I could stand up!” Hjalmar laughed.

“That’s it then, you’re on!” Alexander grinned at Olav.

“Great! Now it is just to find a nice pub!” Olav said as he put out his phone and searched for some nice pubs in Sani Bursil. “There seems to be quite many pubs in Sani Bursil, but not sure which ones are close by” Olav said, his voice a bit uncertain.

Hjalmar glanced at Olav’s phone. “Evanter Hotel and Restaurant is pretty good from what Alex has told me. It’s a bit more of a fine dining sort of place, but it should be fine if we have a drinking contest there.”

“Oh yeah, Evanter was great. Good food and good drinks. It’s surprisingly chilled for a fine dining place,” Alex said.

“Alright let’s go is it far away from here?” Olav asked. He really hopes nothing too serious happens when he comes back home.

“It’s not that far, just a few minutes via car that way,” Alex gestured to his left.

As they all sat down in a limousine that Olav ordered that was originally meant to drive him to his hotel, Olav instead gave an order in Norgsveltian to the driver. With the driver a bit confused, however, he still drove them to the Evanter Hotel and Restaurant. Olav glanced at Hjalmar, as a small smile could barely be seen on Olav’s lips. “You know Ingrid has spoken quite fondly of you, seems like you were quite the gentleman towards her” He said, his voice calm and fatherly in its nature.

“Has she now? That’s quite nice of her, do tell her I said hello when you get back to Norgsveldet,” Hjalmar lightly smiled.

Alexander merely smirked as Hjalmar spoke. “You certainly have a way with words, coz,” he teased Hjalmar.

As they arrived at their destination, the driver stepped out of the limousine to open their door. As it was opened Olav stepped out of the limousine before giving a slight evil smirk towards Hjalmar. “Though Ingrid likes men who keep their liquor, let’s test that out” Olav teased Hjalmar a bit with his statement.

“Oh believe me, I won’t disappoint. Alex probably will though, you big wuss,” Hjalmar teased Alexander.

“Those are fighting words, ma boi!” Alex took up an old-timey boxing pose for a few seconds before bursting out laughing. “Come on, let’s go get our brains smashed out,” he clapped Hjalmar on the back and the trio entered Evanter for a night of drunken revelry.

OOC: Joint Post with Dylan and Sammy

7:30PM

Prinksarn Hotel
Sani Bursil

The night came in quickly. The dignitaries still lacked an idea of what was to come tomorrow, but as they were all staying in the city decided that they would go and eat out to experience some of the capital’s delicacies and interpretations of dishes from around the world. Prime Minister Arngrímur Sigurdarson had contacted the respected dignitaries from Alksearia, New Leganes and South Peragen and they had all accepted to meet for some dinner.

Upon calling the hotel in advance, Arngrímur made sure that there was space for a three person reservation. It was a success and he found himself sitting at the table; the hotel’s eating area was a lovely marble table with modern themed colours and chairs, overlooking the scenery of one of Sani Bursil’s economically smaller districts, Keveri. He awaited his political friends eagerly and posted an update on CafeNet.

Alexander arrived about 10 minutes later, looking a bit tired from his travels that day and slightly concerned. Things back home were heating up, especially with their first elections since the failed Republic. He was also concerned because he was still not fully accustomed to the layout of Sani Bursil, and still felt like a foreigner in a strange land. He walked into the Prinksarn Hotel and asked the host if Mr. Sigurdarson had arrived. The host nodded his head and brought him to the table.

“Greetings Mr Sigurdarson. I hope I didn’t keep you waiting too long.”

“You may dispense of the pleasantries and formalities my friend,” Arngrímur shook his hand and smiled as Alexander sat down. “How are you doing, can I call you Alexander?”

Alexander smiled, “Yes, you can call me Alexander. Most people do.” He picks up the menu and starts looking through it, “Do you have any recommendations for a good wine?”

“Ogloti is always my go to, as is most people who visit Morstaybishlia. Also you could look out for Twish and Fegley, some regional brands from Barkoln Province, I’ll be getting Ogloti and I advise you start off with the same.” he smiled.

“Are you really starting to drink wine without a Peragian? Let me correct that. Four Ogloti’s here!” Jariano II joined the scene.

“Hello Jariano!” Arngrímur cheered. “It’s nice to see you in less spicy times.”

“Greetings Jariano.  How are you doing after…that conference?” Alexander asks.

“Well I cannot deny it went way better than expected. I came there without any hopes and see what happened. The question now is how will this peace last. But now there are three people left.”

Póra Mazhéin entered the room, with three other people with her. They were the Prime Ministers of the Cooperative Commonwealth and South Peragen, Areuína Karnéias and Tunsedoro Tejedor.

Arngrímur smiled whilst they took their seats, it certainly felt more homely now that the table was full.

“Well, this was made only some hours ago. Areuína and Tunsedoro were attending a Morstaybishlian Economical Sphere meeting, that’s why Póra and me were elected for the meeting. Now we all are free for some time, so we have an actual nice conference without those tensions.” Jariano explained.

Póra, Areuína and Tunsedoro greeted Jariano, Arngrímur and Alexander and took their seats.  A waitress walks over to the table and asks for everyone’s order, and she asks who will go first.

“If you don’t mind, I think Alexander should go first.” Arngrímur smiled.

“I would like….uuuuuhhhhh……I’d take a bottle of Ogloti and some sausage and biscuits.” Alexander replied.

“A bottle?! My gosh you’re courageous. I’ll match him please, one bottle of Ogloti and… I’ll take the Morst pie.”

“As Jariano said, we four are wine lovers. So I will take a bottle of Ogloti and squid baguettes” Areuína asked.

“Yeah I agree. But I’m not the beast Areuína is, so I will be taking only a cup of Ogloti and a chicken and mushroom pie” Póra also asked.

“We are gonna Areuína our way here. A bottle of wine and squid baguettes, but with some pasties as well. Areuína needs little to be filled” Jariano asked.

“Here I’d like to ask a cup of Ogloti and tajine.” Tunsedoro finally asked.

“Hmm, it has been a cold day, hasn’t it?” Tunsedoro said

“Honestly, yeah.  It’s colder than I’m used to.  I had to break out one of my jackets, however, I did enjoy going for a run earlier today in this weather.  Being stuck here for an extra night hasn’t been too bad.  How about you, Arngrímur?” Alexander asked.

“It’s certainly a change from Lokania… And a lot busier to Efraford. Sani Bursil, no matter if you travel hours in each direction is a never ending concrete jungle, it’s slightly depressing. How is Alksearia nowadays?” he smiled.

Alexander chuckles slightly, “Well, things have been a tad tense.  Lord Alfred has been causing some issues lately, and we have our first elections since the Republic in about 2 days.  Eldras also has one last decree before he loses most legislative authority, a banning and an end to involuntary servitude and serfdom. How are New Leganes?”

“Jeez.” Arngrímur commented.

“Well, probably the situation isn’t that bad here. Honestly, when I travel outside New Lega I realise that our politics are really calmed, but all these that is happening has somehow impacted the popular opinion. Our party is falling for the first time down 50% of votes, and some media say our government is acting in what we shouldn’t and with a warmongering attitude, while we should keep on with the Renewables Transition Plan. These National Justice opposition… There’s life out of the oil issue, when will they wake up?? But yeah, as I said, the situation is really nice compared to… Well, we have here the two people that have suffered it” Areuína answered.

“Yeah, this is painful Areuína. Some powerful rightist sectors were worried at the beginning about letting the UCA troops here. What did they want, a Rufuinan invasion? Also, they’re allies. I sometimes think I don’t understand life and people. Anyway, seems like our king has done it again. I’ve seen your speech, Jariano: congratulations for that, it was incredible. You’ve shown a really strong image.” Tunsedoro continued.

“Thank you Tunsedoro, you are always so nice” Jariano replied.

“I wouldn’t worry about the UCA troops as much.  I would worry about the Ruifinian soldiers that walked across Puntalia’s border.  That is more concerning to me and to Eldras, however, I agree with the committee that war is a little far currently, especially since we don’t know everything.  My only hope is we can see a unified Puntalia in the future, as long as Ruifina plays nice, ya know?” Alexander replies.

“That’s probably our biggest concern as well” Póra replied. “There is an unknown path opening now. Probably we all hope peace lasts, but this isn’t fair for Puntalia; it’s only a band aid as we faced bigger problems. We should really work on seeing Puntalia unified again.” Póra continued.

Areuína drank a whole cup on a single drink: “what are you doing, Areuína? Do you wanna leave New Lega without a PM?” Jariano asked in surprise.

The two waitresses arrived at the table with each and everyone’s meals. Arngrímur had taken a backseat in the conversation going on and as the waitress put his plate down he whispered in her ear.

“Can you get me another bottle of Ogloti wine?” he smiled as he stared back and forth at his already half empty bottle.

Alexander, shocked and amazed at the same time, finally cracks open his bottle and pours out 3 glasses and hands two of them to Jariano and Arngrímur.  Alexander decides to go at it with Areuina and also chugs down his glass in one drink.

“Us Alksearians can also drink.  Plus, with all this tension in the world, it’s nice to drown them out for a little bit. However, I think out of respect for whatever tomorrow brings, I think that will be the only glass I chug.”

“Yeah, let’s also leave South Peragen without a king. Long live the Republic!!!” Jariano claimed

“I knew this was gonna happen. For Tunsé’s sake…” Tunsedoro said.

“God damnit.” Arngrímur’s smile was at its greatest form when he picked up the glass and downed it in two. After he wiped his mouth with a napkin he laughed with the group, later beginning to delve into his Morst pie.

Alexander delved into the sausage and biscuits he was served, and after one bite, he added a lot of pepper to his dish.  He enjoyed his dinner while talking and catching up with everyone at the table.  He had originally planned to have one bottle of Ogloti, but ended up finishing two bottles by the time he was finished with his food.

“What do you think tomorrow’s meeting will be about?” Alexander asks the group.

“You want my honest opinion?” Arngrímur poured his 4th glass. “No idea,” he took a gulp. “But I’ve heard President Hanlon wasn’t invited… Which ponders the question why?”

“Hah, that takes half of the problem out” Póra replied.

“Half?” Arngrímur laughed, eating some more.

“Hmmm 75% maybe. The thing is that 25% is Hanlon himself” Areuína answered laughing.

“And what’s the 75?” he laughed a little more.

“I mean, 75% is Mark, and 25% is Hanlon” Areuína explained, while she drank another whole cup and almost choked drinking. Póra slapped her back until she felt fine again.

“Honestly, I’m glad that Hanlon won’t be there.  He seemed a little too arrogant during the treaty talks.  I’m nervous about who else has been invited.  Hopefully this isn’t another anti-UCA thing.” Alexander added.

Arngrímur eats a fat chunk of his Morst pie and hiccups from the indigestion. Ooh, pardon me,” he stood up, “I just need to go to the toilet.”

Arngrímur shuffled around the seats of the others before running his errands in the bathroom. He heard that he wasn’t alone so decided to not do a number two. But when he came out of the cubicle, Arngrímur was assaulted. Punched to the floor and kicked once, twice, three times four, he made himself into a foetal position before the thug stopped.

“*For Rufuina…” the hooded man bent down and whispered in his ear. It’ll be another 5 minutes before Arngrímur would be able to leave the bathroom from his stomach pains.

[spoiler]
This is not part of the dinner but happens at the same time.
[/spoiler]

Once the summit came to a close, the afternoon had given way to a lovely evening. The many hours of squabbling and debating had made Erick quite famished. He had heard whispers of other leaders meeting up over dinner, but no invitation had been received. Even so, Sani Bursil offered an immeasurable amount of restaurants of all sorts. Alas, as tourists often do, Blue went someplace more familiar, a fast-food chain so widely known, that its mascot was amongst the most recognisable characters in the world: Morst Feed.

The Prime Minister had walked by at least three locations while looking for other, more interesting places that could make him try new dishes. He caved when he saw the fourth one and pushed the door open to get in. Having stood in line for a few minutes pondering the order he was about to make, he made it to the front of the queue. A lanky, read-headed overly-cheery cashier greeted him.

“Greetings! Welcome to Morst Feed. How may I help you?”

Even Erick Blue, a man who had been in the public eye giving speeches for over a decade, was scared of messing up his order.

“Umm… I’ll have a Big Dyl with a large diet cola and your largest portion of french fries,” he told her, mentally double-checking what he’d just said.

“Will that be all for today?”

“Yes.”

“How will you be paying?”

“Debit,” he announced, lifting up his phone to indicate he intended to use Goggle Pay.

He tapped his phone on the terminal, remembering shortly after that dinner was included at his hotel.

“Oh well,” he thought. “It’s only a few Nords anyways.”

“Thank you,” she handed him his bill, “have a nice evening!”

Erick nodded, smiled politely ceded his place in front of the cash register to the next customer. He stood by rather impatiently for his meal. At the back of the kitchen, he noticed one of the underpaid workers was repeatedly glancing in his direction. Choosing to ignore it, he filled his cup at the soda fountain.

“Order for… Erick Blue” said an employee.

“Thank you.”

He took a seat at a two-chair table near the window, not wanting to be that one knob that takes a large one to himself. While taking the first bite out of his Big Dyl, a mayo-covered pickle slid out of the sandwich and onto his dress trousers.

“Bloody hell,” he mumbled, but clearly not softly enough, judging by the menacing gaze of an older woman sitting nearby.

While he was attempting to get as much mayonnaise as possible off his pants, the young man who was staring at him previously came up to his table and asked him if he was the Prime Minister of Nordenpunto.

“Indeed I am. I didn’t expect for anyone to recognise me this far away from home.”

“What are you Prime Minister of?” asked the woman who was previously shooting daggers at Erick. Her hoarse voice immediately gave away her smoking habits.

“Nordenpunto.”

“Where in Thaer’s name is that?”

“Novaris, just west of Arkalarius.”

“I think that’s near New Celidizia. I give you five years before you succumb to Morst Greed,” she said, laughing and coughing. Blue chuckled lightly to humour her.

He turned back around and ate faster from then on. He didn’t want to be there longer than he had to. After eating his last barbecue sauce-covered crisp, he pushed his chair back into place, emptied his rubbish into the bin and placed his tray in the designated area on top, nearly forgetting his beverage there. Erick Blue headed out the fast-food place, no longer hungry, but slightly disappointed, the feeling most people get after eating at a Morst Feed.

He walked through the concrete jungle to return to the hotel, nearly being hit by a Ford F-Series - Wikipedia while crossing a busy street.

After his calls were over, Adley sighed. It’d been a long day, and that Frog in the Pit hadn’t filled him up.

He looked at the window at the Morst Feed. “A Lamburrito and beer sounds real good right now.”

And so, he got changed into less formal clothing and headed over.

(OOC: Joint post with Rico)

Sani Bursil, Great Morstaybishlia
7:00 PM

Eoforwine had many things weighing on his mind, including the potential implications of the note that he had received. After all, he had to make some last-minute arrangements so that he could stay in Sani Bursil one more day. He was certain that others had received similar notes. It was evening, and was around time he ate dinner. He once again decided to eat at a local restaurant, to eat some more of the local cuisine. Much to his surprise, he found Naomi and Charlotte eating there. He asked, “Mind if I joined you two?”

Charlotte and Naomi looked smiling, “Mr.Eoforwine what a delight come join us” Naomi would say smiling before having someone pull up a chair.

Eoforwine sat in the chair and ordered some Morst pie.

“So tell me what brings you to this little piece of heaven” Charlotte would ask with a grin not like that at the meeting but one of true friendship and happiness.

“Well, I asked around a bit, and I was told that this was one of the better restaurants in Sani Bursil.”

"Yea I have to say place is great, we often visit when in Sani Bursil” Charlotte would reply.

Eoforwine nodded. “Sani Bursil seems to be a very large city. Someday I’d like to visit this place again and explore it more thoroughly. After all, the last time I was here, I definitely did not have time to do so.”

"Sani Bursil is Big recommend visiting Marineworld lovely orca show they have” Naomi would reply

Eoforwine nodded. He then got served the Morst pie he had ordered.

“So tell me Mr.Eoforwine what do you think of Nacata? Honest opinions I really get to sit and eat with our Novorian Allies” Charlotte would say out of pure curiosity

“Well, I do think Nacata is a good ally, though really Nassad does have a rather fearsome reputation.”

Charlotte looked with a raised eyebrow at the word Nassad, "Hmp so you know? Nassad exist only in the Head, it is what you make of it " She would say grinning as she attempted to tell him in so many words that perhaps he heard a fairytale.

Eoforwine smiled. “You should at least be assured that I’m one of the only people in Tretrid that knows of Nassad’s existence.”
He dug into his Morst pie. “This pie is pretty good.”

He then said, “So, what do you think will be the future of Tretrid’s relations with both Kuthernburg and Nacata?”

Charlotte laughed and drunk her margarita, it was good to have someone to crack a laugh with. Naomi looked smiling eating her shrimp “Kuthernburg and Nacata has a long rich history with Tretrid, our livelihoods depend and coexist there is no one with out the other.”

Naomi said smiling “Nacatan Jurains and Tretrid Jurains are blood, we will protect Tretrid as if it was Nacata” Charlotte said

Eoforwine nodded. “Glad to hear it.”

He took a deep breath, and said, “Are you planning on staying in Sani Bursil for another day?”

"Unfortunately, There are important matters I must handle. Some that concerns Tretrid, Ruby October is on the rise again” Charlotte said as she order another drink.

Eoforwine nodded. “I hope we can help you stamp them out. They are a threat to everybody’s safety.”

“Ruby October is definitely a threat, we do believe they are planning another Pollok style massacre we just don’t know where. " She responded. “Unfortunately Mr.Hanlon made things more difficult because now we believe both Al-Jaheed and Ruby October will take advantage of Nacata lack of presence in Rufuina and Puntalia” She went on to say.

Eoforwine raised an eyebrow. “Looks like you’re going to need to take measures to make sure he’s… out of the equation, then.”

"It will seem that way, But I must play my cards carefully. That’s why I’m going release the Dragon so to speak, I have a plan it’s a long shot but I think it can work. I will certainly need Tretrid help, I would be almost honored to train your boys in Nassad techniques. I think we may find it beneficial for Both parties, our dislikes usually lines up I’ve noticed” She would say before offering him a drink.

Eoforwine nodded. “I believe that this will help forge a closer bond between Tretrid and Nacata, too.” Having finished his Morst pie, he ordered a slice of hobstiberry pie for dessert.

11 July 2020
Kenobi Tower, Sani Bursil Authority Headquarters
9th Floor

Barvata and Karmer, the Prime Minister and First Secretary of State for Morstaybishlia were in the board room at the top floor of Kenobi Tower. The architecture here was modern and sleak rather than that of Boscowen House and the tower was named after the constituency of which it was built in. It was a plain and simple place for what came next and the tinted windows that wrapped around the room gave for some excellent views over the busiest part of the city.

Today’s meeting was going to be a lot easier that yesterdays, that was for sure; today the dignitaries would gather around not in anguish but for a cause that they could all get behind. Barvata was equip with a hobsti tea and Karmer equip with a glass of water as the pair waited patiently for the invited dignitaries to arrive; at each chair there was a piece of paper, unfortunately the holography shown the day before was a quick insight into the technology the Morst government and military had, but not what was readily available to the populace and public bodies like the Sani Bursil Assembly whom would usually gather here.

[spoiler]
Norgsveldet
Lokania
South Peragen
Kuthernburg
Nacata
Sokala
Tretrid
Durakia
New Leganes
New Puntalia
Nordenpunto
Arkalarius
Peregrinia
Axdel
Xiopothos
Tivot
Free Pacific States
Tuvaltastan
Osterlicsh
East Cerdani
Durakia
Asendavia
Alksearia
Vivancantadia
[/spoiler]

“You know Bravata” Domingo Rolex, president of the Democratic Republic of Sokala, says as he enters the meeting room “Morstaybishlia’s tech kinda makes me wish we’re still a colony of your’s” He proceeds to laugh at his own joke before sitting down in a chair.

11th July 2020 @ Undisclosed Time, Kenobi Tower

Not long after the arrival of Barvata at the meeting, Ronald Stemmler and his cohort steps off the lift on the ninth floor. His stride is firm and clear, the cadence of his step matching that of his fellow dignitaries, the heels of their oxford brogues clacking with every step. As the delegation reaches the meeting room they are gestured through with a respectful nod. While the delegation breaks away to the Osterlicshian desk, Ronald maintains his quick pace, rapidly approaching Barvata.

Stemmler’s gaze refuses to admire the modern architecture, or the view from the windows, instead remaining fixed on the Morstaybishlian Prime Minister. At last Ronald stops, but a pace or two away from Barvata. The tension could be sliced with a butter knife, the socialist’s icy glare holding for a few moments.

Ronald extents his hand as a sly grin spreads across his Ethalric lips. “Herr Prime Minister…” He begins, taking Barvata by the hand and shaking firmly. “It is a pleasure to speak to you under more constructive circumstances, no?” He speaks, the friendly tone of the Chairman of State cutting right through any pretense of poor diplomatic relations.

Kenobi Tower
Sani Bursi, Great Morstaybishlia

Eoforwine got to eat a full Staynish breakfast before going to Kenobi Tower.

He arrived in the board room, and looked out through the window. Sani Bursil was a massive city, and it seemed to be much larger than the cities back home.

Well, he hoped that this meeting would be a lot better than the previous one.

Serving no role in deciding the contents of the agreement, Lily Nimitza had remained silent during the conference. She was only there to legitimise the presence of Axdel as an enforcer state which Diego had signed them up for. It was entertaining if nothing else, and it at least gave her time to catch on some less important emails. After signing the document and answering a single lowly reporters’ questions, she and the rest of the Axdelian representatives treated themselves to some high class dining at a lakefront restaurant run by some famous chef, before heading over to several pubs to enjoy the local alcohol.

The next day, Lily was surprised to be handed an invitation from the Prime minister in her hotel room, and that her transport was already accounted for. It seemed as if she would stay another night in the worlds largest city, but she was curious as to what the meeting was about, and who else was invited. After a light breakfast, she shot over to Kenobi tower alone where she was guided up to the ninth floor. As she entered the room, she saw the Sokalan, Osterlich, and Tretridian leaders had already arrived. She felt out of place as the only person present who was not a head of state, though was relived to see that at least Hanlon wasn’t there. That man had definitely proven himself difficult to speak to. After some formal greetings, she took her own seat at the table.

“I will never get used to this mess of a city”. Tunsedoro Tejedor, immersed in himself, had these thoughts while on his way to Kenobi Tower. He was a man of the countryside, lover of the little and humble things present there and overwhelmed by the monstruosity of Sani Bursil. Nevertheless, his charismatic speech and strong beliefs had taken him to the leadership of South Peragen. In that way, he was very similar to the king, Jariano II, but, opposed to the always calmed Jariano, he tended to be a quite anxious person, probably caused by the young age he was and how he had escalated positions so early for what is normal in the Southern Peragian politics. He still was nostalgic of a youth he felt he never had.

“I hope I can be at the level of el Jari. At least, he has taken the worst part, this meeting seems to be way more calmed than that horrible mess. Anyway, wonder what kind of stuff will be subject of debate. I hope Sigurdarson feels better after that horrible incident. I feel really worried about him. How far does our security reach? We’ll never be safe. But it’s my duty, nobody is better than me for my task until people decide the opposite. It’s my duty.”

These were some of the thoughts he had until he reached the Kenobi Tower. Tejedor went out of the car and entered the tower, showing to be a person enough sure of himself to be in such a meeting, but desiring to end as quick as possible and go back to the peace of his home. He entered the meeting room and took his seat next to Areuína Karnéias, a woman that had always given him the security he needed.

Prime Minister Karnéias had prepared herself for the always strong image and speech she gave in this kind of events. The Obsidian Woman, as she was called: strong as a stone, sharp like a knife, and dark inside as a moonless night. Only the most near people knew how Karnéias was in reality aside from that successful politician that everybody liked and that had almost monopolised the Cukish politics, getting rid of all her enemies and reaching the highest results for a party the Cukish history had ever seen.

Karnéias was the living image of the Cooperative Commonwealth, and her authority was starting to create an antagonistic relation with the Commonwealth Government that was still over her in several aspects. They had managed to send Póra Mazhéin instead of her to the previous summit, and that decision hadn’t made her precisely happy. This meeting was the opportunity to restore the reputation she felt the Deputies had tried to run down. Nobody but the woman that had reached more than 50% of votes in last year’s election was better to represent New Leganés in the international stage.

She went off her car and entered the impressing Kenobi tower. Though she was born and raised in the Oblivion Islands, she was used to big cities like Privétia Tauríllien, and she admired the hustle and diversity of peoples, buildings and businesses. She actually felt comfortable anywhere and got used to strange places as Sani Bursil easily. She reached the meeting room and took a sit in a visible position, while her mind didn’t stop thinking about the stuff to be discussed and her target:

“Rufuina must pay for what they have done. I don’t know if they’re directly related, but incidents like the Sigurdarson one or simply the Puntalian takeover must never happen again. Nobody will laugh again in the UCA’s face, and I will personally try to accomplish that.”

Trimola had received a letter the day prior, and as her motorcade made its way to the SBA Headquarters, she couldn’t help but feel as if Barvata had something up his sleeve. The whole under-the-table feel to how the invitation was sent didn’t entirely sit well with her, and as the vehicle approached the building, she noticed a distinct lack of news reporters. ‘I need to let Mrs. Petrovavich know about this meeting…’

She sent out an encrypted text to the Tuvalt Chancellor to let her know about this additional, less public meeting that was about to happen.

Seconds later, a notification. “Keep me updated on what that meeting is about. If it’s something additional to the Puntalian situation, I trust your judgement on how Tuvaltastan should react. If it’s pertaining to anything else, just let me know, and I’ll get you a few pointers.”

After responding in the affirmative to Petrovavich’s response, Trimola made her way into the building. She scanned the room to see who had shown up; Mr. Rolex of Sokala, Mr. Eoforwine of Tretrid, Ms. Nimitza of Axdel, and the most interesting individual present, Mr. Stemmler. Seeing the Osterlicsh representative again suggested it might still be related to the Puntalian situation, but Trimola would have to wait for Barvata to explicitly announce that first before she jumped to any conclusions.

Alexander arrived at the Kenobi Tower at roughly the last minute.  He walked into the meeting room and immediately looks to see the room is pretty full of people that were familiar to him.  He sees Olav and Arngrimur already seated, and he also sees Riannar Karmer at the meeting, which puts him at ease a little.  He finds an empty seat to sit in when as he sits down, he completely falls out of his chair onto the floor.  For just a moment, Alexander wishes he could just be at home with his wife, but he remembers that he has important work to do.  After recomposing himself, he awkwardly sits down in the chair hoping that he doesn’t make any more commotion while at the meeting which he also hopes is not a huge commotion either.

(Joint post with [mention]Socialist Dylan[/mention] )

Adley walked down the streets of Sani Bursil, still slightly annoyed about last night. “What kind of fast food place doesn’t serve beer.” he thought to himself. Well, that wasn’t the most pressing issue right now. He had a meeting to attend. Maybe if Rufuina and Vakarastan aren’t there it might not be too bad, but not knowing the topic of the meeting didn’t exactly let him prepare. And that was when he saw him, some idiot not paying attention while crossing the road, nearly getting hit by a Fabron F-150. He was about to walk away and leave the man to his idiocy, but he seemed familiar. “Are you alright, Mr Blue?” he called over to the Prime Minister of Nordenpunto.

“Well, yes. Luckily that man knew how to make use of his breaks. Once he figures out how to use his brain, he’ll be all set,” Erick shouted back, visibly not understanding he was in the wrong here.

Adley chuckled and walked over to him. “Well, at least you’re alright. Are you on your way to the meeting?”

“Indeed I am,” he glanced down at his pants, being reminded of the obvious mayonnaise stain on them. “I was certain this whole kerfuffle would be done after the summit. I haven’t heard much information on the purpose of this meetup though.”

“Unfortunately I know about as much as you, then. Hopefully, it will not be with Rufuina again.” Adley sighed, thinking of the events of the summit and the actions of both Rufuina and the Vakari.

Erick closed his overcoat, successfully hiding the blemish on his trousers.

“Those insufferable bastards… and they dare call themselves leaders? A bunch of morons shifting attention away from their domestic problems by invading other nations. Very classy.”

“Yeah, not the people I would prefer to negotiate with, that’s for sure. The Vakari Observer cursing and making remarks throughout did not help either, though at least not many would understand him.”

Mr Blue chuckled.

“Luckily for me, I know very little Durakan. Needless to say, I didn’t need to understand the rest to know what he was going to shove where.”

“Yes, um, not exactly the most cordial words were said.” Adley replied, also chuckling, “Nothing you’d expect at a summit, that’s for sure.”

The leaders walked in silence for a few minutes, after which Kenobi Tower presented itself to them. It was a rather impressive building, not tall, but its modern style was quite striking.

“I believe our rendezvous is on the top floor?” Erick asked, looking up at the edifice.

“I think so, nice to see Morst Greed extends to the skyline too.” Adley smiled as he and Blue walked over and entered the tower.

The interior was as modern as its facade. A woman sitting behind the front desk gestured to one of the elevators, having recognised the men.

“I know you’ve also been quite outspoken regarding the Puntalian takeover. What do you think should have been done?” Erick asked. “I apologise for not being caught up on your statements. I’ve been quite busy.”

They entered the elevator.

“It’s fine, I didn’t expect you to have read them. I stand in a very difficult position here, between wanting peace in Arcturia and finding the actions of Rufuina to be unjustified to the highest degree. While I hold Durakia’s positive relations to the MBE as highly important, the actions taken have led us to giving Rufuina a puppet state for denouncable actions on their part, while splitting the Puntalian People. It was a miracle to find such a compromise, but without Morst and Pax’s actions, a more just and better agreement could have been forced upon Rufuina, with Puntalia being free and undivided.” Adley sighed, “I fear a war in Puntalia may be inevitable at this rate.”

Blue nodded along to his remarks, agreeing with all of them.

Both men were experienced politicians, used to conversing and giving speeches. Even so, an awkward silence settled in the cabin, the kind only being in a lift could create. The elevator dinged, announcing its arrival on the top floor of Kenobi Tower.

“Here we are,” Adley said as he walked out into the room and took a seat. He began with the formalities of greeting the leaders there, taking out a notebook. That book would usually have what he planned to say at the meeting, but with the topic of the meeting being unknown to him, it was mainly there for him to jot down anything he’d need to take back to Wesnov.

Erick greeted Barvata and Karmer as well, then sat beside the man he’d been speaking to. He took a comically large notebook out of his pocket, the largest he could fit. Blue kept himself from chuckling at Adley’s notebook.

“You must have pretty large handwriting, Mr Blue.” Adley smiled, seeing his small grey notepad dwarfed.

“Well, you know what they say about men with large handwriting…”

“They need bigger notepads?” Adley replied, not knowing a single person saying anything about men with large handwriting.

Erick chuckled, greeting the other leaders already present by nodding his head, some of which looked suspicious of him and Adley whispering.