Official Statement

A statement on ex Delegate Luxembourg and the events of the past day by the government of Balder:

"This past day, the Balder delegate of Luxembourg went rogue in a bid to install himself as dictator of the region, taking down links to the Balder forum and adding the totalitarian tag to the region. As part of his attempted takeover, Luxembourg hacked the email account of vice delegate Fotar in an attempt to take control of the root admin account of the Blader forum from Fotar.

Perhaps looking for recognition or support, Luxembourg informed Krulltopia of his actions. Krulltopia, however, took that information to various members of Balder. Armed with this information, which was confirmed by the simultaneous hacking of Fotar’s email, some members of Balder, including Fotar and forum admin Rachel Anumia, planned to prevent a Luxembourg coup by removing Luxembourg from the delegacy. This coup was to include members from numerous organizations on both the raiding and defending side of the game. Others, however, disbelieved Luxembourg’s guilt and informed Luxembourg of the counter plot. Alerted, Luxembourg banned several of the plotters and most of the high endorsement nations from the region, including vice delegate Fotar.

Not long after, Luxembourg instead abandoned his attempt to control the region, resigning from the World Assembly and surrendering the nation of Luxembourg to Unibot. His final act was to reveal that he was Algirnia, a player that had caused problems for the regions The Common Wealth Society and The South in the past. Using Luxembourg’s account, Unibot unbanned the banned nations and declared on the WFE that Fotar was to be made delegate to reclaim the region. Luxembourg had this to say on the incident and his motivations, from the RMB of the Commonwealth Society:

— Begin quote from ____

As history has shown, I have trouble maintaining any high positions. Such as Kami no Chikara, I ran for the delegacy out of the hope of making a difference on Nationstates. I knew that the responsibilities would be high however I began to receive false login attempts daily, and login with an inbox full of hate mail whether it be very crude and sexual or simple like “you’re a fascist” people I believed to be my friends called me a tyrant. I was told the only way to take the region was with the forum I attempted to take steps in the direction to do so, but was thwarted. In the end I realized I was a suitcase delegate so I resigned from the WA and gave my nation to Unibot.

— End quote

We thank those outsiders who have moved in World Assembly nations to help Fotar resecure our delegacy and are glad for the outpouring of international support for our government and region. Balder is stable once again and is looking forward to continuing the formation of a permanent Constitution.