OF's Bullet Points

1: Get rid of faculties
3. Get more holders
2: Have temporary classes, seminars or projects.
3. Focus on newcomers and the inter-regional intelligentsia

The faculties are too broad. The names are indecipherable. I doubt any person could encompass a faculty, since the faculties themselves encompass all knowledge in the universe. Instead, holderships ought to focus on specific subjects. If the subjects are arranged into faculties, fine.

Nation Driven RP
Future Tech RP
Past Tech RP
Sports RP
Character Driven RP
Raiding & Imperialism
Defending & Security
Justice & Intel
Online Speech & Debate
Legislation & Jurisprudence
Journalism
Diplomacy & Interregional Law
Regional Government Theory
Politics & Ideologies in NS

Myself, I could only be holder of a few of these subjects. However, I’d be able to create practical coursework, do a seminar, or start a project for such holderships. I imagine newcomers using the University to plug into the region right away, while veterans will debate old and new ideas in their favorite subjects.

My ultimate goal as Chancellor would be to create an Intelligentsia, or class of cultural pioneers (not cultural commentators, aka the NS Gameplay forum).

Why on earth would you want to put a intelligentsia where it isn’t? :wink:

I would advise separating Justice and intelligence. I would also roll the techs together.

It’s just a draft, any advice is appreciated. Intelligence is not my expertise. :wink:

Raiding & Imperialism
Defending & Security

Why are these all seperate?

This is why the breakdown I provided before:

Politics
Law
Philosophy
Military Tactics

Was much more amenable than a weird pseudo-minimalist division.

Your structure so far looks somehow worse than what we already have.

— Begin quote from ____

Raiding & Imperialism
Defending & Security

Why are these all seperate?

— End quote

Separate* My 80 year old economics teacher from highschool murdered us for getting that wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps imperialism is an ideology, but I’d like R/D holders to not just know how to raid/defend, I’d like them to know the raider or defender spheres. Usually people know one or the other.

Also, politics is not exclusive to R/D, nor are world views. Communism and francoism are examples.

— Begin quote from ____

This is why the breakdown I provided before:

Politics
Law
Philosophy
Military Tactics

Was much more amenable than a weird pseudo-minimalist division.

Your structure so far looks somehow worse than what we already have.

— End quote

I want the potential holderships to be specific. Holders can hold more than just one holdership, but the point isn’t to divide the entirety of planet earth’s knowledge between a predetermined number of holders. No can can possibly say they understand everything about political science, law, or philosophy. Even if someone has a general knowledge of an area, we should strive for having holders who are experts.

— Begin quote from ____

I want the potential holderships to be specific. Holders can hold more than just one holdership, but the point isn’t to divide the entirety of planet earth’s knowledge between a predetermined number of holders. No can can possibly say they understand everything about political science, law, or philosophy. Even if someone has a general knowledge of an area, we should strive for having holders who are experts.

— End quote

So you can’t be an expert on Politics.

But you could be an expert on Politics & NS Ideologies?

Your logic makes no sense.

— Begin quote from ____

Also, politics is not exclusive to R/D, nor are world views. Communism and francoism are examples.

— End quote

I was not suggesting this.

I think separating defending and invading from the discussion of philosophy is a deideologization of fundamentally ideological concepts – a byproduct of your own extreme Independentism and Same-Coin-Syndrome.

Likewise, I think grouping topics of Philosophy with Political Science creates too broad of a category. Political Science should focus on the theories of how political structures and institutions work, while Philosophy discusses the topics of normativity and metaphysics.

— Begin quote from ____

So you can’t be an expert on Politics.

But you could be an expert on Politics & NS Ideologies?

Your logic makes no sense.

— End quote

I said political science to avoid this misunderstanding, but what’s an online forum without confusion? :wink:

I separated political science into Regional Government Theory (my favorite thing to talk about btw), and Politics and Ideologies (aka TNP and NPO :stuck_out_tongue: ). I know some regions have very organized politics, such as TAR and UK, while others are disorganized, like Osiris. Still, I think the study of regional government theory is different because, personally, I like theorizing on the infinite number of potential regional governments rather than focusing on politicking.

— Begin quote from ____

…a byproduct of your own extreme Independentism and Same-Coin-Syndrome.

— End quote

Thanks! I’ll use this quote in future elections! :smiley:

— Begin quote from ____

Likewise, I think grouping topics of Philosophy with Political Science creates too broad of a category. Political Science should focus on the theories of how political structures and institutions work, while Philosophy discusses the topics of normativity and metaphysics.

— End quote

Hence “Regional Government Theory” and “Politics and Ideologies in NS” are separate. However, the list is a draft and I appreciate everyone’s input–especially if they are interested in a holdership.

Note: The list is not meant to be occupied. If 1/3 of the list gets a holder, that would be perfect. My intention is not to organize all knowledge into a limited number of categories. My intention is to have holders who focus on their expertise.

Focusing on inter-regional education is an important fact I support; and your post as Minister of Foreign Affairs may also help you in this endeavor.