OOC: How this works

What’s this about?
It’s simple: a baseball roleplay, but the teams actually play each other. You create the teams, the stories behind them, the players, the team dynamics, etc, and I sim them and play them together. I can do this with a baseball simulation program called Baseball Mogul. It’s a pretty high-powered program that simulates baseball games, stats, etc. Highly customizable too.

Can I join?
Sure! Simply make a team in the team thread (its in the same forum as this one). Fill in the blanks and enjoy watching your nation’s team obtain the glory!

I don’t know very much about baseball, but can I still play?
Yep! I’ll explain as much as I can to make this easy and enjoyable. Hopefully we’ll get this thing going and it’ll be very fun. You don’t need to watch a baseball game or be a baseball nut to play this - just kind of follow my lead, and the program does the rest!

Does strategy determine anything?
Strategy determines everything, mostly. First, we have to know if your nation is very baseball savvy or not - that determines if your team has good players or not. Just like in the real world, if, say, Poland suddenly recruited a baseball team, the chances of them beating Japan in a seven-game series is slim to none. Might happen, but it’s unlikely. Second, you can customize the lineup, positions, rotation, etc.

How long will this last?
Well, since it’s the first season, it’ll last for 7 weeks. I’ll simulate the game such that each week will be one baseball month, and we’ll have a little extra bit for the playoffs.

How much time do I need to waste on this?
Well, not as much as you think. You get what you put into it, but overall, it’s meant to be fun and not very time consuming.

I’m not in TEP, can I still join?
I encourage you to join. We’re always welcoming RPers, especially those who are used to sports roleplay. You have a chance to teach us and get to know us at the same time!

Anything Else?
I’ll add it as I go, lol.