[OOCRP]Tendering for Defence Contracts

— Begin quote from ____

Since Shiro Academy has slown down I’ve changed my mind. :smiley: The RP will go on as long as there is interest.

— End quote

so, if i release the dissident to you, will you give the air force contract to me?

Ive been discussing a plan with FPS for similar things with…his people.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

Since Shiro Academy has slown down I’ve changed my mind. :smiley: The RP will go on as long as there is interest.

— End quote

so, if i release the dissident to you, will you give the air force contract to me?

— End quote

Your similar scheme, last I left it, was your government paying GD about ten times more then they’d ever make from the contract to completly subcontract to you. Not sure how that relates to dissident handovers…

On a second note…Niv, you might want to get into the habit of asking these questions ICly with your characters. I mean, in theory, I have nothing against OOC pre-planning. But the fact is that in practice, it usually results in lots of talk about what will be done OOCly, and no actual IC action.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

— End quote

In case you haven’t realised, I stated in your Takedown RP ICly that the Dannistrian Government no longer want the dissident. The PM realised it would be rich of him to ask for a dissident and criticise others for what happened since he just had a whole load of protestors suppressed with big robots. And anyway, the decision on the contracts is final. A second round of contract tendering will take place so maybe you might be lucky.

Er, Dan…I thought we were going to have a specific plannings meeting in Dannistaan before anything happened?

— Begin quote from ____

Er, Dan…I thought we were going to have a specific plannings meeting in Dannistaan before anything happened?

— End quote

Waiting for you to name the date and venue, FPS. :slight_smile:

Eh, just standard IC meeting between FPS Rep and Team and your people, whenever they want to schedulre it. Probably take place at the capital building (yours, I mean).

now you just reminded me of what i needed to do :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, but your the one who told me that, ICly, awhile back.

— Begin quote from ____

Yea, but your the one who told me that, ICly, awhile back.

— End quote

wait, who did what tell?

Hey, Dann…although, ICly, GD would easily be able to locate the handful (if even) of drydocks in Dannistaan capable of having a Nimitz class carrier repaired/built in them, I’m afraid I can’t.

Mind giving me a list? Probably only 3 or 4 places, five at tops.

Certainly, if we look at the map

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/danny.hui/assortedcrap/ns/dannistaanislandb.jpg

we can see a few.

[ul]
[li]Kitewood has the huge naval facility just south of the city proper. As well as being a naval base a large number of derelict drydocks as well as the main ferry terminal are located here and is probably the best location. However, this is were the state owned shipyard company is and they may protest at sharing facilities with a competitor.
[li]Port Morecombe also has 2 large shipyards. One is still operating, the other has long been abandoned due to the damage caused by the civil war. Maybe a good prospective site?
[li]South Port City, to the south west has a port only suited for smaller vessels as the main route is through the River Ann’try, which although deep is rather narrow. Main advantage is the mostly intact port facilities that can be easily converted.
[li]Finally there is Port Ourad. However for political reasons the Government wants to discount that. I spoke to Kandarin over AIM at length as to what those political reasons are, mainly the East Dannistrians are not trusted by the rest of the island due to their role in the civil war. Find him on AIM and ask him about it if you need more details.
[/li][/ul]

Sounds good. Hope ya don’t mind my making up the name of the grandchild who now owns the abandoned shipyards in Port Morecombe.

— Begin quote from ____

Sounds good. Hope ya don’t mind my making up the name of the grandchild who now owns the abandoned shipyards in Port Morecombe.

— End quote

Not at all. In fact it sounds fine. The best thing to do to make up names is use something that is or sounds African/Aboriginal and seperate out some of the syllables using apostrophes.

BTW, Nivogal you are up next after FPS. I suggest you think up some answers for the select committees questions.

Pre-emptive post here. FPS, the sites you may want to consider for the infantry vehicles factory, using the same map as above.[ul]
[li]30 miles to the west of Port Ourad is an old combined arms and vehicle assembly plant. Again the Government wishes to avoid that for political reasons related to the civil war. However the plant is mostly intact.
[li]50 miles north of Ma’nu Town is an industrial wasteland which is going cheap and waiting to be built upon. However there are some environmental issues.
[li]Nordu Dannistra City’s Northfield industrial estate has plenty of large spaces for rent, some even having warehouses already built.
[li]Finally there is a plot of land in Port Morecombe, 22 miles to the southwest. There may be some legal issues as there is a religious extremists camp there and the people living in it are prepared to fight to remain there, even resorting to extreme tactics.
[/li][/ul]
EDIT: For those confused, here is a link to the Historical RP that is ongoing of the civil war. This particular post exaplains why there is so much enmity between East Dannistaan and the rest of the island.
http://invisionfree.com/forums/The_East_Pa…dpost&p=2440016

yea, sorry, my time was a bit spotty here, as i’ve been working on a couple projects I have due next week, before I go on break, which is a good portion of my grade for those classes…but just give me a heads up once you post…

oh and FPS, at some point i do need to talk to you about our…arms plan.

FPS, the destructive testing involves trying to survive an attack from a Heavy Model Assault AC, specs give below. It does not have to take it on directly, obviously, simply avoid being hit for at least 1 minute.

DIMENSIONS & SPEEDS
(DEPENDS ON PARTS USED, TYPICAL SIZES GIVEN)
HEIGHT: APPROX. 20 METERS
WIDTH: APPROX. 8 METERS
WEIGHT: DEPENDS ON LAYOUT

MAX SPEED WITHOUT VTOL BOOSTERS: 8 MPH
MAX SPEED WITH VTOL BOOSTERS: APPROX 110 MPH

ARMAMENT: RIGHT ARM
DEPENDS ON MISSION. TYPICALLY ARAMENT IS A SCALED UP FIREARM AND CAN BE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING.
.50 CAL Machinegun
30 MM Rotary cannon (Adapted A-10 GAU-8)
25 MM AC “Handgun” (Autocannon from IFV in special AC arm mount)
125 MM “Grenade Rifle” (Adapted M1 MBT cannon)
80 MM “Bazooka” (Adapted light field cannon)
50 MM “Sniper Rifle” (High precision cannon with long barrel, typically armed with AP Sabot shells)

ARMAMENT: LEFT ARM
BACK-UP WEAPON. EITHER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
Class-09 Laser sword
Class-10B Monomolecular blade
Class-05 Scaled up AC conventional blade
25 MM AC “Handgun” (Autocannon from IFV in special AC arm mount)

ARMAMENT: REAR UNIT LEFT
ARMAMENT: REAR UNIT RIGHT
CAN CARRY ANY OF THE BELOW, ONE ON EACH REAR HARDPOINT. SOME WEAPONS ARE LARGE AND BULKY AND REQUIRE BOTH
125 MM “Grenade Launcher” (Adpated M1 MBT cannon with further refinements to range)
MLRS Pack (50x 80 MM rockets or 12x 100mm rockets)
Patriot Missile Launcher (Self-contained round assemblies)
Multiple TOW Launcher (6 rounds max)
30 MM Rotary cannon (Adapted A-10 GAU-8, increased round capacity from the right arm held version)
“Snakebite” Infrared missiles (Fire and forget multipurpose weapon based on AIM-9L Sidewinder)
150 MM Howitzer (Limited capacity. Requires resupply vehicle. Ammunition storage can be added at additional weight and loss of remaining rear hardpoint)
.50 CAL Double Machine guns (Increased ammo capacity, requires both hardpoints)
Tactical Nuclear Surface to surface missile launcher (2Kt warhead, 4 max, requires authorisation codes to deploy)
Mine launcher (Drops assorted AP/AT mines, mostly adapated Claymores, requires both hardpoints)
360 degree Solid State Tactical Radar unit with 50 - 75 mile range

If anyone asks why go for normal weapons if we have these mechs, problems are that they are very specific in their role and “normal” vehicles are more flexible. You wouldn’t use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut would you? (Unless you were insane! ;))

What type of setting are we talking about? Big open field, or will there be cover?

Um…on a sidenote, we gotta talk, Dann. I sort of made a mistake in my research that…well, yeah. We gotta talk.

— Begin quote from ____

What type of setting are we talking about? Big open field, or will there be cover?

Um…on a sidenote, we gotta talk, Dann. I sort of made a mistake in my research that…well, yeah. We gotta talk.

— End quote

Simulated battlefield. Open field with piles of rubble.

Catch me on AIM during the night if it’s urgent, otherwise PM me.

Nivogal, your turn now. I’ll make up the first set of questions later (Probably tomorrow). Don’t post ICly until you seen them, as that tends to be how a real life British Select Committee works and avoids confusion.

BTW, Nivogal, does your nation speak German or is it a language based on German? I’m setting up an interpreter for the MPs but you can just post as normal.